PDA

View Full Version : Old pics1?

Crono
06-25-2006, 06:42 PM
Seriously, why not switch back to it? You call this "Classic" yet you won't use the REAL classic tileset? That tileset is much brighter, giving a more positive feeling. That and it just looks better than the ugly gray walking tiles. Do something about it >:[

Mafukie
06-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Sorry, there has been too many changes to the current classic tileset. Possibly a lot of tiles were fixed also. I like the new bushs much better to tell you the truth.

Even if classic dosn't have the old tileset, I am glad that the server is being developed again by the awesome LAT.

Crono
06-25-2006, 07:16 PM
They should just change some tiles on the current pics1.png to the old ones. For example the roads look better old style, the buildings look better old style, etc.

Lyndzey
06-25-2006, 08:24 PM
I agree. Bring it back!

Warcaptain
06-25-2006, 09:04 PM
If I ever made a tileset that way I would use the old tileset... I hate the new ones.. its dark and depressing.

LOA--Paul
06-26-2006, 09:46 AM
Some of the new tiles are improved. However, you're definately right about the roads. I have never liked the new road tiles. It was a decrease in quality. The house tiles never looked good either- bricks never fit right and it looks like horrid tiling errors. With the old style houses it didn't look bad. I doubt changing that would ruin inside buildings that utilize outside tiles too

Chicken_l33t
06-26-2006, 09:55 AM
Old tileset for the win. It's alot better and more pleasing to look at :P and it suits Classic aswell. So, change back *slaps*

BruceLee2000
06-26-2006, 03:45 PM
count me in!

jacob_bald6225
06-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Yah I like the world being bright and happy it beats the hell out of the 900x playerworlds with ugly dark tiles.

Bring back the roads!

excaliber7388
06-26-2006, 07:03 PM
Lol, what if the server is going for dark, depressing? =P
Of course, clasic shouldn't.
I loved the old tile (but then again, is the current clasic worth of old clasic's tileset? =( )

Eagle
06-26-2006, 07:21 PM
They should just add the roads, and little things that made it look more livly(sp). To make changes to the house might cause too many problems.

LOA--Paul
06-27-2006, 06:39 AM
They should just add the roads, and little things that made it look more livly(sp). To make changes to the house might cause too many problems.
Yeah.

The problems I see with house changes are to inside levels that utilize them.

If there was a seperate tileset for the overworld than inside levels that would eliminate the problem, though. But I don't know if that's hard to implement or not.

Malinko
06-27-2006, 04:48 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't take long to "fix" the tiles that were fixed on pics1.png, like re-create it.

Though, which old tileset? Like the one I attached?

haunter
06-27-2006, 04:56 PM
I'm sure it wouldn't take long to "fix" the tiles that were fixed on pics1.png, like re-create it.

Though, which old tileset? Like the one I attached?
One step forward.

jake13jake
06-28-2006, 05:22 AM
Yea, I'm willing to bring back old tiles that wouldn't clash too much. However, the road tiles would clash in some instances, and the house tiles would too, unfortunately (I like the old house tiles like 100x better)

Minoc
06-28-2006, 08:10 AM
However, the road tiles would clash in some instances, and the house tiles would too, unfortunately (I like the old house tiles like 100x better)
But fortunately, you have the power to modify these places.

jake13jake
06-29-2006, 04:03 PM
But fortunately, you have the power to modify these places.
To modify the tiles? Yes, but that would be an excess of work. To make it so it switches back to another tileset for the level? Wouldn't always work to well!!! We even have tiles that are different from both the current pics1 and the old pics1. That would make it the hardest.

LOA--Paul
06-29-2006, 09:41 PM
Yea, I'm willing to bring back old tiles that wouldn't clash too much. However, the road tiles would clash in some instances, and the house tiles would too, unfortunately (I like the old house tiles like 100x better)
Isn't there a way to apply the old house tiles only to the outside? As far as I know I can't think of anywhere they'd clash on the overworld- it's inside houses with new styling that require the new house tiling (The bricks)

But can you have bricks on the inside but the old houses on the outside?

jake13jake
06-30-2006, 02:32 AM
Isn't there a way to apply the old house tiles only to the outside? As far as I know I can't think of anywhere they'd clash on the overworld- it's inside houses with new styling that require the new house tiling (The bricks)

But can you have bricks on the inside but the old houses on the outside?

Could tryyyyyyyyyyyyy.... but not a priority to go about that right now.

LOA--Paul
06-30-2006, 03:17 AM
Could tryyyyyyyyyyyyy.... but not a priority to go about that right now.
Definately not. I'm just throwing out ideas and stuff.

If the houses wouldnt work at the very least the roads because EVERYONE hates the roads.

konidias
06-30-2006, 03:40 AM
I made the updated tileset strictly for 2k1 but Stefan wanted to use it for the default so I couldn't really stop him. I really don't like it much anymore and that's why I'm making the new version for my 2k1 revision.

The thing is, I made it so that it would get farther away from the look of that game that starts with a Z and ends with "elda".

The new tileset I'm making is more cheerful at least. In fact, I brought back the old road tiles in a different color which should work better I think.

LOA--Paul
06-30-2006, 03:49 AM
I made the updated tileset strictly for 2k1 but Stefan wanted to use it for the default so I couldn't really stop him. I really don't like it much anymore and that's why I'm making the new version for my 2k1 revision.

The thing is, I made it so that it would get farther away from the look of that game that starts with a Z and ends with "elda".

The new tileset I'm making is more cheerful at least. In fact, I brought back the old road tiles in a different color which should work better I think.
I don't really like how they look on 2k1 but they are used on Kingdoms too and I think it looks good there.

The houses would be nice if the bricks didnt mess up when you make various sizings but thats pretty much impossibly to stop- the only reason they didnt before was because of the nature of the graphic (just a horizontal line)

I can't wait to see your new tileset please post when it's ready.

Eagle
06-30-2006, 08:22 AM
Would it be possible to use something like this :

if (onmap) {}

Or something like that, I forget the command thing... Except do it in GS2, I'm not great at that. :P

KuJi
06-30-2006, 10:31 AM
Ehh.. I think this is the tiles they mean.

Crono
06-30-2006, 11:03 AM

I'd help convert the roads and some houses. :/

Malinko
06-30-2006, 05:43 PM
I'm confused, what are people speaking about when mentioning, "old road tiles?"

Which one is that?

Crono
06-30-2006, 09:32 PM

Which one is that?

Polo
06-30-2006, 10:20 PM

Which one is that?
The pink and green path tiles I guess...

Crono
06-30-2006, 10:46 PM
The pink and green path tiles I guess...

These...

pacMASTA
07-05-2006, 09:45 AM
Meh their you go pics1.gif

KuJi
07-05-2006, 08:13 PM
Meh their you go pics1.gif

Mine consists of those white blocks on the right w/ newer tiles plz :).

Tyhm
07-22-2006, 03:56 AM
So is it just the roadtiles and the house bits? That sounds like an addtiledef2 problem...one of you fanatics care to cut out the appropriate rectangles? I don't have the power to slap it into the system, but if the new LAT are anything like the old ones they'll work better with the graphics already saved for 'em - then it's just a While I'm In The Neighborhood fix and not a Big Sit And Think fix. :-P