PDA

View Full Version : Katana

UberModeKappa
06-25-2006, 10:39 AM
The haxors/stafffriendsoffreinds can liek... hav katanias and swing them n liek.. these bawls appear and this sound from like... startreck plays and i get poisoned and shtuff. How buggy is that weap newayz? LOL!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NERF THIS AND STOP NERFING EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!

Honestly. :eek: ^^ ;) x_x :eek: x_x :eek: x_x

One single hit from that pos kills a person with full health in under 30 seconds.

Does the katanna break?

Sorry, im in a mood.

lDarkDragonl
06-25-2006, 04:55 PM
Yeh, especially when they camp outside with the freezing orb and you get killed instantly. :/

Its also kind of messed up what happened when I almost killed a ninja. I got him down to 8hp but once he hit me 2 times he ran and I died from poisin. :/

Tell me, I heard of poisin arrows and poisin darts but wtf? Poisin swords???

They should fix it to where the poisin on the sword only last after a couple of hits or a certain amount of time and where they have to dip thier sword in poisin to actually make it poisinous.

Should cost money for that :|

VulcanP2P
06-25-2006, 05:02 PM
Shouldn't really recreate closed threads but...yeah, I think the Katana should be nerfed too.

k0rupt_ed
06-25-2006, 06:39 PM
The haxors/stafffriendsoffreinds can liek... hav katanias and swing them n liek.. these bawls appear and this sound from like... startreck plays and i get poisoned and shtuff. How buggy is that weap newayz? LOL!!!!

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE NERF THIS AND STOP NERFING EVERYTHING ELSE!!!!

Honestly. :eek: ^^ ;) x_x :eek: x_x :eek: x_x

One single hit from that pos kills a person with full health in under 30 seconds.

Does the katanna break?

Sorry, im in a mood.

What are you? Bout 6,7? :whatever: As much as I don't like how he got his point across he's right, but you know chris will close this topic aswell as the reast cuz he doesn't want to hear it.. Typical.

excaliber7388
06-25-2006, 07:52 PM
I don't like the new katana either. I'm sorry, but new era hasn't impressed me too much :frown:
New ear seems to have WAY too many problems with fairness. You have to play for hours uppon hourse each day for a while just to get themoney for a car. Then you have to work to get a new gun. Then you have to get into some gang, for their laming weapon, because the only way to get a katana now is to get into a gang.
You know, I liked it more when you could make/sell the guns from the gang base
raid the other bases was fun, but it did nothing. Mabye allow them to steal the lame weapons. Make the katana publically available, but make the gane that uses it have specail attacks, or bullet blocking, etc.
Stop making era so unfair.
Gang choice shouldn't be based on what weapons they have :\ Or how powerfully lame their weapons are x_x

k0rupt_ed
06-25-2006, 09:31 PM
Nothing like some outside opinion :)

zim5354
06-25-2006, 09:48 PM
It needs to be nurfed but anyway im seeing a lock on this in the near future and since I can only post once every 8 hours its someone elses turn to make the next one. ^^

k0rupt_ed
06-25-2006, 11:37 PM
It needs to be nurfed but anyway im seeing a lock on this in the near future and since I can only post once every 8 hours its someone elses turn to make the next one. ^^

No, its time somethings done.

Bl0nkt
06-26-2006, 02:58 AM
I think the #1 problem was that Cassy tried to get experimental with the script and use it as a learning device.

I've been using timeouts and keypressed checks so that you get a smooth, well-timed swing that can be void if you hold a key and if you are allowed to hold the key to use it, it doesn't swing once, pause.... then swing repeatedly. Keypressed is strictly a typing event.

Edit:
Here's where I tested it offline. It's not too hard to understand, but it works very well. This level includes punching, grabbing, weapons, etc...

gameer213
07-18-2006, 10:39 AM
This topic is pretty old but whatever it's relevent.

Atleast melee weapons should be able to hit a blocking Katana, or maybe just make the block rate not 100%.

Seriously, these people just AFK with the block button down.

Celarion
07-19-2006, 04:29 PM
Yeh, especially when they camp outside with the freezing orb and you get killed instantly. :/

Its also kind of messed up what happened when I almost killed a ninja. I got him down to 8hp but once he hit me 2 times he ran and I died from poisin. :/

Tell me, I heard of poisin arrows and poisin darts but wtf? Poisin swords???

They should fix it to where the poisin on the sword only last after a couple of hits or a certain amount of time and where they have to dip thier sword in poisin to actually make it poisinous.

Should cost money for that :|

It costs $11900 to buy, and you can only get it as a top-ranking member of Terisu Family.

Poison swords - ever read hamlet? o_O

Henry5001
07-19-2006, 07:18 PM
It costs $11900 to buy, and you can only get it as a top-ranking member of Terisu Family.

Poison swords - ever read hamlet? o_O

Poison wears off, you guys don't even have to smear it back on or anything.=/

mYg0tHaMpStEr
07-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Honestly i think they should do less damage.
Or better yet, Remove them. :asleep:

k0rupt_ed
07-21-2006, 05:17 PM
Make the a spar weapon.

Celarion
08-21-2006, 04:05 AM
Poison wears off, you guys don't even have to smear it back on or anything.=/

At what point, praytell, do poisons just "evaporate" from a weapon? I dare you to smear a knife with cyanide and arsenic, leave it for a year and then nick yourself.

You don't have to unjam, breakdown and clean your guns, either. Perhaps you're playing the wrong game if you're looking for strict realism.

Crono
08-21-2006, 04:44 AM
crycrycry

kitanas are so not that strong :/

dude2020
08-25-2006, 03:49 AM
crycrycry

kitanas are so not that strong :/MAn are u ****ign mad in the mind? if i had a kantana adn lamed u with over and oer how'd u feel?

Celarion
08-25-2006, 06:00 AM
MAn are u ****ign mad in the mind? if i had a kantana adn lamed u with over and oer how'd u feel?Challenged. Like I'd want to use my skill to beat you. Because katanas are very beatable.

k0rupt_ed
08-25-2006, 10:58 PM
You people need to graduate pre-k with this bull****. End it already geez...

ryu_no_bishie
11-05-2006, 11:30 PM
Im only reviving this topic to bring up one simple point,

Katanas are too fast

i dont see anything getting done about this because its pretty much the same situation maloria had for a year and a half that they refused to fix.

so why is it that katanas can swing almost two times in the time it takes to swing a knife once, plus the huge lack of freeze time in katanas that exists in knifes,

If you(staff) want katanas to be lame then theres not much players can do about it, so you can change something or you can sit there and continue to stack points on the stigma of curruption that seems to always fallow era staff (deservedly or not) but regardless what i have said above is all the proof reasonable people need to rethink the katana.

Ive said my peice, hopefully this is enough new (or atleast, unspoken) information to warent a revival.

MegaMasterX90875
11-08-2006, 07:28 PM
Katanas are way too fast, I completely agree. It takes half the time to kill someone than a fast gun (Example: Black Lotus :D ). It's unfair, especailly since I've run into "Magic circles" that were invisible and stunned/killed me numerous times. Katanas should be removed altogether, in my opinion.

Also, that stunning effect means easier laming. That stun effect should be removed. If that would be removed, katanas wouldn't be AS bad as they currently are.

mrhyde1
11-09-2006, 01:45 AM
Fireman axe is lame, but do you see people like you complaining about it? No! **** this is the most annoying thing I've ever heard. Stay away from katana users than.

zim5354
11-09-2006, 01:47 AM
Fireman axe is lame, but do you see people like you complaining about it? No! **** this is the most annoying thing I've ever heard. Stay away from katana users than.

Uh so dont pk at all? People dont ***** about the fireman axe becuse its not as lame fireman axe if you get hit you can keep fighting katana you might as well blow yourself up.

ryu_no_bishie
11-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Uh so dont pk at all? People dont ***** about the fireman axe becuse its not as lame fireman axe if you get hit you can keep fighting katana you might as well blow yourself up.

its nearly as bad with the fact that its faster than a knife but other than that fire axe is about what i expect katana to work like.

Demisis_P2P
11-09-2006, 06:05 AM
Im only reviving this topic to bring up one simple point,

Katanas are too fast

i dont see anything getting done about this because its pretty much the same situation maloria had for a year and a half that they refused to fix.

so why is it that katanas can swing almost two times in the time it takes to swing a knife once, plus the huge lack of freeze time in katanas that exists in knifes,

If you(staff) want katanas to be lame then theres not much players can do about it, so you can change something or you can sit there and continue to stack points on the stigma of curruption that seems to always fallow era staff (deservedly or not) but regardless what i have said above is all the proof reasonable people need to rethink the katana.

Ive said my peice, hopefully this is enough new (or atleast, unspoken) information to warent a revival.
Ocelot and I have been planning to fix Katana for a while now. We finally got around to it today but couldn't do a lot because of limited access. Blocking and the stun orb are handled in another NPC. I managed to increase the time between stun orbs though.
I wanted to increase the time between slashes by a lot, but unfortunately the melee system doesn't even have a variable for timeout between hits yet. I've asked one of the scripters to add that, so hopefully we'll be able to fix Katana once that's done.

KuJi
11-09-2006, 06:29 AM
Ocelot and I have been planning to fix Katana for a while now. We finally got around to it today but couldn't do a lot because of limited access. Blocking and the stun orb are handled in another NPC. I managed to increase the time between stun orbs though.
I wanted to increase the time between slashes by a lot, but unfortunately the melee system doesn't even have a variable for timeout between hits yet. I've asked one of the scripters to add that, so hopefully we'll be able to fix Katana once that's done.

or because both of you can't script.. either works.

zim5354
11-09-2006, 07:05 AM

um removal of poison is that everyones biotching about.

Demisis_P2P
11-09-2006, 07:49 AM
or because both of you can't script.. either works.
That's a pretty dumb thing to say considering you keep asking to be hired on Era so that you can steal scripts for GX.

I'm pretty sure I know how to read a script and change variables. The fact is that those functions are in another NPC that operates serversidedly, so I didn't have access to them.

KuJi
11-09-2006, 08:49 AM
That's a pretty dumb thing to say considering you keep asking to be hired on Era so that you can steal scripts for GX.

I'm pretty sure I know how to read a script and change variables. The fact is that those functions are in another NPC that operates serversidedly, so I didn't have access to them.

LOL YES.. I WANT TO BE HIRED ON ERA TO STEAL FOR GX. My bad for trying to help Era out of the grave it's currently in, should have just watched it bury itself some more. I guess you guys like your faulty scripts, I mean pff.. we all know Vulcan, Hachi, Mag, and Celarion beat me in scripting any day.

LOL.. wait.. I might have a heart attack on what you just said due to laughter lmaaaaaao.

Seriously, the only work worth stealing is Andrew's, Skyld's, or Stefan's.

And pff.. don't need to, I can script for myself silly lmaaao. Hahahahahaha.

And do you mean the hpfunctions class for melee attack (to get poison etc..)?

xAndrewx
11-09-2006, 10:11 AM
LOL YES.. I WANT TO BE HIRED ON ERA TO STEAL FOR GX. My bad for trying to help Era out of the grave it's currently in, should have just watched it bury itself some more. I guess you guys like your faulty scripts, I mean pff.. we all know Vulcan, Hachi, Mag, and Celarion beat me in scripting any day.

LOL.. wait.. I might have a heart attack on what you just said due to laughter lmaaaaaao.

Seriously, the only work worth stealing is Andrew's, Skyld's, or Stefan's.

And pff.. don't need to, I can script for myself silly lmaaao. Hahahahahaha.

And do you mean the hpfunctions class for melee attack (to get poison etc..)?
aww, I feel flattered :S
eventhough it's like totally the wrong place for this...

ryu_no_bishie
11-09-2006, 01:01 PM
um removal of poison is that everyones biotching about.

actualy i think that should be added to most melee weapons, its an interesting part of the game, i could definatly see after beating an opponent you would have to quickly heal yourself before you bled to death,

by the way demisis, wouldnt a simple playerfreeze take care of putting time inbetween attacks?

xAndrewx
11-09-2006, 01:07 PM
actualy i think that should be added to most melee weapons, its an interesting part of the game, i could definatly see after beating an opponent you would have to quickly heal yourself before you bled to death,

by the way demisis, wouldnt a simple playerfreeze take care of putting time inbetween attacks?

That's player freeze, not weapon freeze :p

ryu_no_bishie
11-09-2006, 02:21 PM
you might have to use a time out then.

KuJi
11-09-2006, 02:28 PM
you might have to use a time out then.

... lol. It most likely already uses a timeout for the weapon because Hachi revised it.

xAndrewx
11-09-2006, 02:32 PM
... lol. It most likely already uses a timeout for the weapon because Hachi revised it.

You saw the script!
And yes, it uses a ****ing butt ugly timeout :[

ryu_no_bishie
11-09-2006, 02:44 PM
then wouldnt increasing the time out for the weapon speed fix it?

xAndrewx
11-09-2006, 03:12 PM
then wouldnt increasing the time out for the weapon speed fix it?

No, definetly not.
It's a fixed variable, that's controlling the speed of the drop.

kinetaro
11-09-2006, 06:20 PM
Kuji you forgot Novo, his work is really nice too. even ask skyld and andrew they respect him as a scripter.

KuJi
11-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Novo.. he scripted for era?

kinetaro
11-10-2006, 12:13 AM
I tend to skim and the only line I read of your post was "the only scripts worth stealing are those by..." I didnt know you where referring only to era.

KuJi
11-10-2006, 12:18 AM
I tend to skim and the only line I read of your post was "the only scripts worth stealing are those by..." I didnt know you where referring only to era.

o pff, I got a long list of people worth stealing lol ;-p ( as in 8-10 hah )

zim5354
11-10-2006, 12:27 AM

if it was added to every weapon people would still ***** but it would be about everything and not just the katana so way to go if you wana be fair and all but katana is a overpowred.

Sum41Freeeeek
11-10-2006, 12:33 AM
i own hachi at scripting anyday

Demisis_P2P
11-10-2006, 03:52 AM
if it was added to every weapon people would still ***** but it would be about everything and not just the katana so way to go if you wana be fair and all but katana is a overpowred.
Maybe compared to other melee weapons, but it's a gang weapon and need to be able to compete with the other gang guns.
Anybody that says Katana is overpowered is welcome to borrow a Katana so I can own them with an SG552 and see if they still think it's unfair.
The problem with Katana is that the only thing it's good at is laming, so people door lame with it. We want to make it not able to be lamed with and make it better competition for sparring against guns.

kinetaro
11-10-2006, 03:47 PM
Well whoever re-enabled its 100% block-rate should be smacked, also it should only be able to block bullets in the direction that you are facing. Even though I dont play era I see it used often enough, sitting in a doorway blocking so people cant go through and they cannot kill the person who is blocking their path.

zim5354
11-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Maybe compared to other melee weapons, but it's a gang weapon and need to be able to compete with the other gang guns.
Anybody that says Katana is overpowered is welcome to borrow a Katana so I can own them with an SG552 and see if they still think it's unfair.
The problem with Katana is that the only thing it's good at is laming, so people door lame with it. We want to make it not able to be lamed with and make it better competition for sparring against guns.

So it can block 100% from all directions? I get the way your facing but the poison is what people use to lame with you never see anyone spar with it just LOL LOOK AT ME!!1LAWL!!! The poisons so fast its B.S.

kinetaro
11-10-2006, 04:01 PM
As I said before I dont actually play era, and I never really did. But I have to agree with zim, the poison rate is a little high, there isnt much you can do really with a 10hp system, this was what I explained when I was staff there, with a 10hp system the lowest damage you can do is 0.5 (this equals out to a 2.5 on a 50hp system) which is fine and all "even if it would whipe people out a little fast, the looprate on poison damage is too high as well", but the poison damage is not 0.5 its 1, 2, or 3. But then again no matter what you do people will still complain, I mean there is no pleasing the Era playerbase. From my experiance those players just want you to give them personal extremely rigged weaponry, and make every other player stand still while they kill them over and over again.

KuJi
11-10-2006, 04:40 PM
lool, the problem with Era is the fact that it'll take them a year to figure out a 5 second thing.

I can script an entire quest (w/ baddies) before they figure this one out =p

MegaMasterX90875
11-10-2006, 07:41 PM
They block from all directions?! I didn't notice that. That is very dumb, considering you can't block a bullet in the back while facing forward ;)

KuJi
11-11-2006, 12:25 AM
It's era, but I think I might make a realistic katana for fun on gx.

Demisis_P2P
11-11-2006, 03:12 AM
Well whoever re-enabled its 100% block-rate should be smacked, also it should only be able to block bullets in the direction that you are facing. Even though I dont play era I see it used often enough, sitting in a doorway blocking so people cant go through and they cannot kill the person who is blocking their path.
The projectile isn't scripted in a way that makes it possible to detect bullet direction. Andy was going to try and fix that. I also suggested to him that blocking players should not be solid, so other players can run through them.

xAndrewx
11-11-2006, 10:01 PM
The projectile isn't scripted in a way that makes it possible to detect bullet direction. Andy was going to try and fix that. I also suggested to him that blocking players should not be solid, so other players can run through them.

Tried to do the block, but that's one of graal's custom things :[

kinetaro
11-12-2006, 12:14 AM
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onActionProjectile(Attacker, Damage) // or however era has it setup
{
if (player.dir == getdir(player.x - Attacker.x, player.y - Attacker.y) {
//block
}
}

it doesnt really need to detect what angle the bullet is traveling in, since its pretty rare that an enemy can run completely around you before the bullet hits you. Era's current bullet detection system does attach the attackers account to the bullet all you have to do is check the players direction against the getdir function.