PDA

View Full Version : Classic: Bug Listing

darkriders_p2p
06-05-2006, 07:28 PM
This thread isn't designed to argue about the currect status of Classic, or how you feel something on Classic is run, I am making a thread to point out certain bugs, so that Massokre, or whoever else views this thread can at the least address them, and maybe fix them. If you can think of other bugs that need to be addressed, please post here.

(Also if you attempt to hijack this thread with how you think the hit detection is a bug, I'd ask that you don't. I hope a moderator promptly deletes any posts that attempt to divert this thread from my intended meaning).

Bugs:

When you're attempting to find your latency on Classic, you can say '/lagcheck' and it'll show you, the problem is, since Graal V4, the lagcheck box doesn't disappear until you reconnect.

seteffect (or the GS2 equivalent) seems to be operating incorrectly, for whatever reason. When you enter a level that uses seteffect, either the effect is carried over to the next level, even when it shouldn't, or the effect isn't set at all. Very annoying when this occurs, as you'll need to run around for a bit until you stumble upon a level that changes it back to normal.

Although, I've had problems reproducing it, I've noticed with the perma clothes, I have one outfit that is a yellow fish, and an identical outfit that is a white fish, and occasionally, the yellow attributes will overwrite the the white (but not the opposite). I cannot see these changes, I only know it happened when a person tells me. I remember a similiar problem with the Perma Clothes pre-NPC Server, but if you reconnected, you'd see the error, while now, you cannot.

Another bug I've had a tough time reproducing, this could be one of the most annoying bugs I've encountered so far. When you're moving into a new level, that has a sign in close proximity, by touch any part of the sign when you touch the link, the text from the sign will be displayed, even when you're in no position to read it. I've had the problem occur also when I move passed a sign, and I'll read the sign when I'm beside it, not below (I think during the times this happened, I was touching another player while touching the sign?).

I can't give much specifics on this bug, as it was explained to me, and I wasn't able to reproduce it. Apparently, with the addition of the system where if a person is standing in an area where there is only two walkable tiles, and blockable tiles on either side, you can walk through them (also if they're dead). Apparently, there is a way to exploit this, to give yourself god mode, but beyond that, I can't say how you exploit it. I believe Massokre has witnessed an event like this once before. If you know how to use this exploit, please forum PM Massokre or myself.

I cannot think of many serious bugs off the top of my head. I could post a list of suggestions as well but chances are it'd throw the topic off of its intended purpose.

jacob_bald6225
06-05-2006, 10:08 PM
Hitting yourself with arrows when a wall is below you and youre facing left or right is kind of annoying.

jake13jake
06-06-2006, 01:18 AM
This thread isn't designed to argue about the currect status of Classic, or how you feel something on Classic is run, I am making a thread to point out certain bugs, so that Massokre, or whoever else views this thread can at the least address them, and maybe fix them. If you can think of other bugs that need to be addressed, please post here.

(Also if you attempt to hijack this thread with how you think the hit detection is a bug, I'd ask that you don't. I hope a moderator promptly deletes any posts that attempt to divert this thread from my intended meaning).

Bugs:

When you're attempting to find your latency on Classic, you can say '/lagcheck' and it'll show you, the problem is, since Graal V4, the lagcheck box doesn't disappear until you reconnect.

seteffect (or the GS2 equivalent) seems to be operating incorrectly, for whatever reason. When you enter a level that uses seteffect, either the effect is carried over to the next level, even when it shouldn't, or the effect isn't set at all. Very annoying when this occurs, as you'll need to run around for a bit until you stumble upon a level that changes it back to normal.

Although, I've had problems reproducing it, I've noticed with the perma clothes, I have one outfit that is a yellow fish, and an identical outfit that is a white fish, and occasionally, the yellow attributes will overwrite the the white (but not the opposite). I cannot see these changes, I only know it happened when a person tells me. I remember a similiar problem with the Perma Clothes pre-NPC Server, but if you reconnected, you'd see the error, while now, you cannot.

Another bug I've had a tough time reproducing, this could be one of the most annoying bugs I've encountered so far. When you're moving into a new level, that has a sign in close proximity, by touch any part of the sign when you touch the link, the text from the sign will be displayed, even when you're in no position to read it. I've had the problem occur also when I move passed a sign, and I'll read the sign when I'm beside it, not below (I think during the times this happened, I was touching another player while touching the sign?).

I can't give much specifics on this bug, as it was explained to me, and I wasn't able to reproduce it. Apparently, with the addition of the system where if a person is standing in an area where there is only two walkable tiles, and blockable tiles on either side, you can walk through them (also if they're dead). Apparently, there is a way to exploit this, to give yourself god mode, but beyond that, I can't say how you exploit it. I believe Massokre has witnessed an event like this once before. If you know how to use this exploit, please forum PM Massokre or myself.

I cannot think of many serious bugs off the top of my head. I could post a list of suggestions as well but chances are it'd throw the topic off of its intended purpose.

Patched up the God Mode bug. I think an NPC server update or something bugged how the bitflag I used was operating. The no-blocking thing, however, has absolutely no connection with the damage system.

I've also encountered the problem with signs, but I can't reproduce it either. Nice to know someone else has had it though.

Lagcheck and Permaclothes are scripts you'd want to talk to Storm about (I have no idea how they work, and they're kindof ugly).

The seteffect thing is entirely my fault haha. I just haven't gotten around to fixing it yet. I think I'm going to make it so that, unless a player is on a map, seteffect disappears when a player enters a level. Would have less problems with consistency that way. You could probably report levels that are bugging to Luda, Exo, or Wazza, and if they know a level where the seteffect is working properly, they can fix it.

Polo
06-06-2006, 02:23 PM
Thanks for the reports.

Perma clothes had a bug that made v4 set lots of clothing attributes to white. It's fixed now, but some people have old outfits which may still be contaminating the list. I can fix this in your account quite easily. If the problem is still opccuring after that I'll look further at the permaclothes script.

Lagcheck I can fix easy, will do that sometime after my exam tommorow. I didn't originally make it BTW Massokre.

Signs stuff I don't know about. I've never encountered it.

The exploiting of the dying between two walls, again I dont know about. If someone reports exactly how to do it, then we can patch it. I've never actually see it happen myself.

Always like people reporting problems, then we can fix em up :).

jake13jake
06-07-2006, 02:25 AM
Lagcheck I can fix easy, will do that sometime after my exam tommorow. I didn't originally make it BTW Massokre.

Then it must have been GrowlZ or Ibonic. Gah, I wish Storm could help me more often. He's the only person I know in Graal who can script half-decently.

Polo
06-07-2006, 08:09 AM
Then it must have been GrowlZ or Ibonic. Gah, I wish Storm could help me more often. He's the only person I know in Graal who can script half-decently.
Right now, as I'm sure most people can appreciate, most my time is devoted to my exams. Last one starts in 5 and a half hours tho! :eek:

*EDIT*
Actually I meant 3 and a half hours. In 5 and a half I'll probably be in the pub. ^^

-Ching
06-07-2006, 10:20 AM
Right now, as I'm sure most people can appreciate, most my time is devoted to my exams. Last one starts in 5 and a half hours tho! :eek:

*EDIT*
Actually I meant 3 and a half hours. In 5 and a half I'll probably be in the pub. ^^

Cheeky Vimpto FTW!

jake13jake
06-07-2006, 02:40 PM
*cough* and I'm working a full time job. Wish working on Classic would make me money, then I wouldn't need a full time job.
agh, my mom made me an appointment with my practitioner rather than my psycholigist for my insomnia, kindof irritated at that. Also, Storm, wasn't your new years resolution no alcohol or caffeine?

Mafukie
06-08-2006, 02:42 AM
Bug: When you kill someone with a bomb or arrow, they re spawn with 1 heart. Not entirely sure if you have to hit them twice with an arrow on their last heart, or if they have a half a heart finish them off with an arrow.

I think the bombs don't do it anymore, but might as well test it yourself to make sure.

jake13jake
06-08-2006, 04:25 PM
Bug: When you kill someone with a bomb or arrow, they re spawn with 1 heart. Not entirely sure if you have to hit them twice with an arrow on their last heart, or if they have a half a heart finish them off with an arrow.

I think the bombs don't do it anymore, but might as well test it yourself to make sure.
Bombs are running on my damage system now instead of Storm's. Storm could probably make a temporary patch for projectiles, which should be redone sometime over the summer.

darkriders_p2p
06-12-2006, 05:37 AM
New Warp Ring: I noticed if you touched a sign and fired the warp ring at the same time, you were able to enable your movement but have the warp ring menu open. To do this, on outside signs, just fire and touch at roughly the same time, then scroll through the sign until you're done reading. You can do this with other signs aswell, if you cannot escape with the arrow keys. Just press S while the warp menu is scrolling.
It doesn't seem that MoD fort is functioning, I might not be using it correctly, but it doesn't seem possible to capture the flag anymore.

Also I think the warp ring jewels was a rather stupid move, not to be offensive. The idea wasn't bad in theory, but think it out. I grab the jewel for the bank, and the one for the burger refuge, but why? The two levels are about 10 seconds apart for the slowest player. And even then, why the burger refuge? I'd rather see Zols made a location over this area, as burger refuge isn't even a functioning level.

maximus_asinus
06-12-2006, 06:21 AM
Oh I logged out of my 'darkriders_p2p' account and forgot to add:
That the Angel Clan jewel doesn't seem to be working correctly for some people.

Also if you're inside aeria_cavern_01.nw and you stand on the south side warp (I assume some fool didn't place the warp on the blockable tiles), you'll start randomly warping between levels. If you move out of the warp at the right time, you'll appear on top of the cliff in overworld39.nw, where you'll be able to enter the caves I made for the future Kull's quest.

seteffect error levels (not all the levels, but a fair chunk of them):
massokre_cavern_01.nw moving to overworld_30.nw
aeria_inside_bank_01.nw or aeria_cavern_02.nw moving to overworld_50.nw
madmike_inside_01.nw moving to overworld_38.nw
aeria_cavern_01.nw moving to overworld_39.nw
kull_cavern_14.nw moving to overworld_40.nw
jub_inside_01.nw moving to graalcity_outside_18.nw
onnettown_inside_nmapub_01.nw moving to onnettown_outside_01.nw
onnettown_inside_girlhouse_01.nw moving to onnettown_outside_02.nw
snowtown_entrance_01.nw moving to overworld_43.nw
snowtown_pk_inside_01.nw moving to overworld_61.nw

DarkCloud_PK
06-12-2006, 08:10 AM
Have to agree on the warp jewel warp points, the bank and burger refuge are close together, so is taylor richards and the PK area, and the PK area and exo's, maybe one for babord bush farm and other obscure areas

p2p_Sir_Link
06-12-2006, 06:13 PM
New Quest:
The chase function with the camera heading to NPCs seems to fly off wildly to the left side of the screen.

It appears Timemutt can wall hax and get himself stuck on Antago's Rocks.

x Coordinate for the castle warp jewel are off by either 1 or .5

Darlene159
06-12-2006, 06:20 PM
Also I think the warp ring jewels was a rather stupid move, not to be offensive. The idea wasn't bad in theory, but think it out. I grab the jewel for the bank, and the one for the burger refuge, but why? The two levels are about 10 seconds apart for the slowest player. And even then, why the burger refuge? I'd rather see Zols made a location over this area, as burger refuge isn't even a functioning level.I like the idea, but I agree there are too many warp points that are too close together.

Curt1zzle
06-12-2006, 06:21 PM

That's why I love Englishmen. They say pub. More Americans need to say pub. :redface:

-Ching
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
That's why I love Englishmen. They say pub. More Americans need to say pub. :redface:

Lol What's the American word for pub?

Curt1zzle
06-12-2006, 06:59 PM
Lol What's the American word for pub?

Bar. :whatever:

Warcaptain
06-12-2006, 07:38 PM
It happens to me often on Classic that I will pick up a bush, and then throw it as im walking towards the bush right next to it and it will hit the bush and hit me too.

NEED to make sure that bushes have some sort of 'thrownby' variable that they will not cause damage to that account.

Darlene159
06-12-2006, 07:40 PM
It happens to me often on Classic that I will pick up a bush, and then throw it as im walking towards the bush right next to it and it will hit the bush and hit me too.

NEED to make sure that bushes have some sort of 'thrownby' variable that they will not cause damage to that account.Yes, it happens to me with pots also. :frown:

jake13jake
06-13-2006, 01:41 AM
I think that people getting godmode from projectiles and being able to hit themselves with projectiles is the same bug. I plan on making thrown projectiles as independent from the shoot function since their paths are usually fixed in the default system (so it's easy to do w/ my damage system). It's the NPC blocking detection that would need work. I figure I could setup all the damage fields on throw, and then destroy them if there's an NPC encountered... either that or just use a timeout. Don't know if Stefan added npc.isblocking serverside yet, and I could also ask him what he thinks the best method for accomplishing this is. (however, arrows are more difficult)

-Ching
06-13-2006, 08:03 PM
Bar. :whatever:

A Pub and a Bar are different things. That'll explain why we say pub alot more often than we say bar :)

Polo
06-14-2006, 05:47 PM
I think that people getting godmode from projectiles and being able to hit themselves with projectiles is the same bug. I plan on making thrown projectiles as independent from the shoot function since their paths are usually fixed in the default system (so it's easy to do w/ my damage system). It's the NPC blocking detection that would need work. I figure I could setup all the damage fields on throw, and then destroy them if there's an NPC encountered... either that or just use a timeout. Don't know if Stefan added npc.isblocking serverside yet, and I could also ask him what he thinks the best method for accomplishing this is. (however, arrows are more difficult)
I will help with this when I have internet access again (tommorow I hope, as I'm travelling home). We will also review the warp crystal locations.

I'll also work more on the new staff tool, and start on the hmm... secret project. :eek:

Also a pub is a pub, a bar is more hmm... trendy. Like, a pub will have a range of lagers, and usually a few ales, bitters, and such, whereas a bar will have usually just one or two 'premium' lagers (usually Nastro Azuro), and has chillout or lounge music playing, along with a ton of mood lighting. Generally a bar is supposed to be more 'trendy' and upmarket. ^^

maximus_asinus
06-14-2006, 06:29 PM
I will help with this when I have internet access again (tommorow I hope, as I'm travelling home). We will also review the warp crystal locations.
And by that, I assume you mean removing the majority of them.

As I said last night:

Burger Refuge and the Bank are in the same level. The Bank is one level away from Zols (which is one level away from Supernicks). Back to the Burger Refuge, that is one level away from Angel Clan, which is one level away from Taylor Richards, which is in the same level as the GC warp, which is one level away from the PK Area, which is one (maybe two levels) away from Exodus' Spar. You must really think graalians are lazy, and not willing to walk 10 seconds to another location.

And even a number of the warps don't even serve a purpose other than being a place holder (like Aeria Bank, Burger Refuge, and MoD Fort for example, as these levels don't seem to be functioning). The Midas Realm warp seems to be only a one time warp too.

I asked Massokre some questions about this and he eventually just ignored me.

jake13jake
06-15-2006, 01:27 AM
You must really think graalians are lazy, and not willing to walk 10 seconds to another location.
I know I am.
And even a number of the warps don't even serve a purpose other than being a place holder (like Aeria Bank, Burger Refuge, and MoD Fort for example, as these levels don't seem to be functioning). The Midas Realm warp seems to be only a one time warp too.

No, not place holders. Those places will eventually be functioning.

The Golden Realm (not all Midas' Realm) warp will serve multiple purposes. We removed most of the work we did in it to make way for the quest, and are slowly going to readd it correctly.

Luda
06-15-2006, 01:29 AM
I dont see why we can't have ONE warp to the orphanage right by swamp town and walk to places, just like GTA had.

jacob_bald6225
06-15-2006, 02:15 AM
I dont see why we can't have ONE warp to the orphanage right by swamp town and walk to places, just like GTA had.
I wish we had one warp... having like 30 warps makes it just another playerworld.

p2p_Sir_Link
06-15-2006, 02:38 AM
Bring back the old system of having a single warp location set at a time?

Tyhm
07-22-2006, 04:12 AM
If you want my opinion - and I doubt you do - it's easier to set certain levels to be Lighting Mode'd, and certain levels to not be. If you enter a LightingMode level (much like a PKZone level), don't touch the lightingeffects. If you enter a level that is not a LightingMode, reset the lights to normal. Assuming you can't lag and reset the lights before the level's made up its mind...

The alternative of course is to have every level reset lighting unless instructed otherwise. And while you're at it, why not reset the *^&^%! midis?

jake13jake
07-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Damage, Ranks, and Guild Systems shutting down on server restarts - fixed
Camera reset delay when entering a level - fixed (again, for the last time I swear)