PDA

View Full Version : Hire an Assistant Global Guild Admin

Thallen
06-01-2006, 10:07 PM
Vulcan can take up to a week to approve 10 guilds that need to be approved and I'm sure he will try to deny this, what's the big deal with hiring an assistant, or 2 Guild Admins? The job isn't so hard.

Elk
06-01-2006, 10:12 PM
There are 2-3 Guild Admins.

Spark910
06-01-2006, 10:22 PM
Guilds aren't exactly high priority, waiting a week isn't that big of a deal.
Also, it isn't that simple, we cant just hire someone - someone needs to be trusted with that power, and it took a long time for Vulcan to even get it as Stefan doesn't like to just throw out rights left, right and center.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
06-01-2006, 10:41 PM
Well cant he just check it quickly every night or something? It isnt that hard :/. Or if he has a life and cant get to them, why be a global?

Darlene159
06-01-2006, 11:37 PM
I agree with Spark. Really, it seems not such a big deal to wait a week. It isn't that long of a time.

HunterCano
06-01-2006, 11:51 PM
Well cant he just check it quickly every night or something? It isnt that hard :/. Or if he has a life and cant get to them, why be a global?
You lack patience, im sure if you were a global, youd stop doing requests ever so often, but still do them in a reasonable ammount of time, which Vulcan is doing.

Admins
06-01-2006, 11:56 PM
There are no new guilds with 10 members right now. Vulcan might become PWA soon though, so we need to see if the Guild administration need to be changed then.

Elk
06-02-2006, 12:02 AM
Bring GGT Back >:O

Ibonic
06-02-2006, 12:06 AM
There are no new guilds with 10 members right now.

I just approved some before you said that, but there weren't very many.

Elk
06-02-2006, 12:16 AM
Approved what?

Mafukie
06-02-2006, 12:17 AM
Approved what?
Guilds?

Elk
06-02-2006, 12:20 AM
Oh! Now I got it...I'm so dumb...

protagonist
06-02-2006, 12:30 AM
I agree with Spark. Really, it seems not such a big deal to wait a week. It isn't that long of a time.
It is when it is possibly 1/52 of your gold/VIP time.

Crono
06-02-2006, 12:33 AM
Guilds aren't exactly high priority, waiting a week isn't that big of a deal.

Wrong. Guilds are a vital part of the Graal community. It's this community that keeps the game together in the first place.

There are no new guilds with 10 members right now. Vulcan might become PWA soon though, so we need to see if the Guild administration need to be changed then.

In my opinion this is a very stupid way to hire PWA's. Graal was better off back when PWA Admins hired PWA's. Back when a PWA had to tryout for a PWA, rather than just being some random global who gets PWA for the hell of it. :/

Darlene159
06-02-2006, 12:34 AM
It is when it is possibly 1/52 of your gold/VIP time.The globals can't always just jump everytime someone says jump, either. A week (7 days)....not a long time at all.

Curt1zzle
06-02-2006, 12:41 AM
A week (7 days)....not a long time at all.

Yes it is.

Darlene159
06-02-2006, 12:48 AM
....rather than just being some random global who gets PWA for the hell of it. :/I'm sure if he gets PWA, it isn't "Just for the hell of it"
From what I understand, Vulcan has been doing a lot of stuff for Graal, and he has probably become very trusted, which is good for becoming a global.
I like Vulcan, he is very respectful, seems to always try to help people, and seems to try to be fair.
Seems to be all good qualities for pwa to me

Crono
06-02-2006, 12:50 AM
I'm sure if he gets PWA, it isn't "Just for the hell of it"
From what I understand, Vulcan has been doing a lot of stuff for Graal, and he has probably become very trusted, which is good for becoming a global.
I like Vulcan, he is very respectful, seems to always try to help people, and seems to try to be fair.
Seems to be all good qualities for pwa to me

I don't deny that Vulcan is great, I'm just saying that taking other globals and making them PWA is wrong. People should be tryed out for PWA, giving a chance for others to become global rather than recycling current ones.

Chris
06-02-2006, 12:56 AM
Sorry. I've been using Vulcan as a slave on Era. :frown:

Darlene159
06-02-2006, 12:56 AM
I don't deny that Vulcan is great, I'm just saying that taking other globals and making them PWA is wrong. People should be tryed out for PWA, giving a chance for others to become global rather than recycling current ones.I would think that more than one pwa member will be hired.
I don't see anything wrong with globals changing global positions. Maybe Stefan feels Vulcan is needed as pwa more than as Guild Admin.

HoudiniMan
06-02-2006, 01:05 AM
There are a lot of plans up in the air right now for the PWA guys, I need to get some greenlights from the higherups and then we're good to go.

Keep your eyes peeled :)...

zephirot
06-02-2006, 01:06 AM
EHH I wanna be the new GA :[

VulcanP2P
06-02-2006, 02:08 AM
Eep. I'm in the middle of moving to a new house. It's hard for me to get on the internet here. However, tomorrow morning we're having someone from Comcast come over to drop off the modem and whatever else is needed. I really apologize for the wait you've had to have. I'll go and check the guilds and my support tickets now.

Also, thanks @ Ibo.

sage_scooby
06-02-2006, 03:02 AM
Heh so many things to have an opinion on.

A week isnt that long at all.

We do need new PWAs.

Recycling Globals isnt good unless new ones are put in also. Throwing so much on a handful of people is not good.

That sums it all up for me. lolz

Tom
06-02-2006, 04:30 AM
Yea, i agree partly with what Spark is saying. But it would be nicer for a quicker responce. And there are issues with trusting someone as another Guild Admin, and you know how some players can be with too much power :)

-Ching
06-02-2006, 08:05 AM
yay lets hire kids as pwa, that'll help the game

Codein
06-02-2006, 11:35 AM
Well, I can't remember when the whole concept of "the customer is always right" went out of the window. We pay for this game and when something is paid for on subscription, quality and fast response is often expected.

It's just bad business to have someone waiting. They paid for the right to make guilds so guilds should rejected or approved faster than a week.

Spark910
06-02-2006, 12:07 PM
yay lets hire kids as pwa, that'll help the game
I wasn't that bad at the age of 14 :redface: >_<

Unless that's past 'kids' age ^^

Elk
06-02-2006, 12:22 PM
You are very mature in my opinion :]

-Ching
06-02-2006, 12:29 PM
I wasn't that bad at the age of 14 :redface: >_<

Unless that's past 'kids' age ^^

Nah, You're still bad now ^^

Crono
06-09-2006, 03:28 PM
I would think that more than one pwa member will be hired.
I don't see anything wrong with globals changing global positions. Maybe Stefan feels Vulcan is needed as pwa more than as Guild Admin.

Hey, let's just throw out tryouts all-together! Who needs those? Just hire friends and such then transfer them to PWA and such when needed.

Excellent.

or not

Elk
06-09-2006, 03:32 PM
I don't like Vulcan that much.
He is mean to people he doesn't know (like me).
I asked him something on AIM an he went "Don't spam my AIM" -.-
And he also never answers at Graal.
Better Guild Admin than PWA.

Curt1zzle
06-09-2006, 03:53 PM
I don't like Vulcan that much.
He is mean to people he doesn't know (like me).
I asked him something on AIM an he went "Don't spam my AIM" -.-
And he also never answers at Graal.
Better Guild Admin than PWA.

Everyone has a boiling point.

He does a good job, overall.

Darlene159
06-09-2006, 04:45 PM
Hey, let's just throw out tryouts all-together! Who needs those? Just hire friends and such then transfer them to PWA and such when needed.

Excellent.

or notI don't know where you got that from my post. I never said, or implied that.
People should only be transfered if they are deemed fit for the job, not because of friendship, and I do not think Vulcan being moved to pwa (if he is moved) has anything to do with friendship.

Crono
06-09-2006, 07:23 PM
I don't know where you got that from my post. I never said, or implied that.
People should only be transfered if they are deemed fit for the job, not because of friendship, and I do not think Vulcan being moved to pwa (if he is moved) has anything to do with friendship.

You missed my point. Actually I don't think I properly stated it anyway.

Why the hell should we recycle globals and eventually move them all to PWA? Why can't we have a proper PWA tryout? Bjorn, Mal, Vulcan, were all appointed PWA without going through a tryout. That's not fair for the Graal community.

What happened to the days when a global would announce "HIRING PWA" and 32904890 people sent in applications?

Chris
06-09-2006, 07:42 PM
You missed my point. Actually I don't think I properly stated it anyway.

Why the hell should we recycle globals and eventually move them all to PWA? Why can't we have a proper PWA tryout? Bjorn, Mal, Vulcan, were all appointed PWA without going through a tryout. That's not fair for the Graal community.

What happened to the days when a global would announce "HIRING PWA" and 32904890 people sent in applications?
Because the last time they did "applications" the ones hired didn't even fill them out. *cough* calani *cough*
Plus they quit shortly after being hired. Wtf?

VulcanP2P
06-09-2006, 09:07 PM
Bjorn and Mal were appointed PWA without going through a tryout.

Fixed that for you. I haven't been hired as PWA. If you read back Stefan said "...mght become PWA soon..." Nothing has been decided yet.

Draenin
06-09-2006, 09:44 PM
Hire an Assistant Global Guild AdminNo.

Bl0nkt
06-09-2006, 09:45 PM
Vulcan's #1 has always been Hachi.

Elk
06-09-2006, 10:11 PM
Everyone has a boiling point.

He does a good job, overall.

Yea he does his job as Global Guilds Admin.
And that's enough.

VulcanP2P
06-09-2006, 11:14 PM
Yea he does his job as Global Guilds Admin.
And that's enough.
How about you elaborate? You seem to just be mad because I wouldn't allow your guild... :whatever:

Elk
06-10-2006, 12:54 AM
Hm not really

Malinko
06-14-2006, 02:57 AM
Vulcan rocks.

Damix2
06-14-2006, 03:10 AM
Vulcan fixed something for me on Era even when I didn't ask him so he has my vote.

Hes also a :krad2: guy

Malinko
06-19-2006, 06:46 PM
Plus, what's the use of having two Global Guilds Administrators?

Ibonic and Vulcan both can approve global guilds.

Crono
06-19-2006, 08:58 PM
I would support Vulcan 100% if there was a proper tryout.

pooper200000
06-21-2006, 10:57 PM
How about you elaborate? You seem to just be mad because I wouldn't allow your guild... :whatever:
I think vulcan does a great job but yah he said not to spam his im whne i imed him because he didn't answer me pming and emailing him for a week. I still didn't get an answer. VUlcan does a great job but needs to show more personality hes kinda blah seeeming so thats why he seems mean :) Oh and i do support him for PWA whatever hat is because i would rather have it be the jerk i know rather tahn the jerk i don't know lol :)

Minoc
06-21-2006, 11:02 PM

Shouldn't a Guilds Administrator do a little bit more than that?

Malinko
06-22-2006, 05:07 AM
Shouldn't a Guilds Administrator do a little bit more than that?
Erm, Vulcan does? He does take care of guilds related issue for both global guilds and local guilds on worlds. Hell, Vulcan goes out of path to do other things that other global staff should do.

Minoc
06-22-2006, 05:59 AM
Erm, Vulcan does? He does take care of guilds related issue for both global guilds and local guilds on worlds.
The guilds are still in a horrible state.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62370&page=1

Remlin34
08-18-2006, 09:15 PM

Ibonic and Vulcan both proly have jobs irl. They can't always attend to graal 24/7 like most of you people do. They must have other people be Global Guild Admins incase they aren't always on. Think, what if they got their power shut down for some reason and couldn't get on for a month? What would you do then with no GGAs on?

Vulcan
08-19-2006, 02:56 AM
Ibonic and Vulcan both proly have jobs irl.
Nope, I'm a loser.

They can't always attend to graal 24/7 like most of you people do.
No one is ever on "24/7" not even the people that own the game.

They must have other people be Global Guild Admins incase they aren't always on.
Support tickets can be submitted about guild issues and approving guilds would happen when we got online.

Think, what if they got their power shut down for some reason and couldn't get on for a month? What would you do then with no GGAs on?
Whenever I am unable to get on Graal, Ibonic is normally able to handle guild issues for me. However, if both of us were unable to do so for extended periods of time Stefan would probably do what he did when Tux left. Approve guilds until he could find a new Guild Admin.

Rufus
08-19-2006, 03:42 AM
Support tickets can be submitted about guild issues and approving guilds would happen when we got online.

I made two support tickets about inappropriate guilds and they got closed with no response and nothing has become of them.

Surely you would want to abide by your own rules?

Vulcan
08-19-2006, 03:49 AM
I made two support tickets about inappropriate guilds and they got closed with no response and nothing has become of them.

Both with no response? Wrong.
Ibonic responded to one of them and the other was closed automatically. I was waiting for another admin to comment the ticket in reply to something I commented on the ticket. I'll reopen it.

Matt
08-19-2006, 03:52 AM

I highly doubt this was his doing. Dont blame him, hes not the only one with access to support tickets. Someone couldve done that accidentally. x-x

Rufus
08-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Both with no response? Wrong.
Ibonic responded to one of them and the other was closed automatically. I was waiting for another admin to comment the ticket in reply to something I commented on the ticket. I'll reopen it.

Ticket # 2747-4507080010

killerogue
08-19-2006, 03:58 AM
Globals I would think wouldn't make an accident that's eomewhat important yes? :O I'm not saying Vulcan is a terrible person or he does a terrible job. But he could use some personality. Sometimes talking to him or you talking and him ignoring you about things is like, "-_-" Vulcan you could at least lie and say you're busy. :( Like when I asked if you think anything could be different on Stone Henge (seeing as how you've been on) no answer -_-. Ask on Graal, "Oh yes. I got your PM. I ignored it." -_- Come on now.

FaLLChiLD
08-19-2006, 05:52 AM
Alot of you that are complaining about the fact that he ignores need to realise that when you're upholding a high position...you're bugged an awful lot. You don't want to answer every stupid question/comment thrown at you; It does get to the point that you're straight forward with them whether it's nice or not.

A week really isn't THAT long to wait for your guild to get accepted. A little sooner would be nice but it's not as terrible as people are putting it out to be.

On another note: PWA tryouts would be really cool and probably interesting because of some people who would try to enter. :D

Good luck to Vulcan and whoever might be in mind for running Guilds.

Rapidwolve
08-24-2006, 05:07 AM
Yes plz