PDA

View Full Version : Login Server Lags to Death?

jake13jake
05-22-2006, 07:13 PM
I don't know what to say, I've had a lot of lag trying to go through the login server, and so have other people. First it takes a long time to load, then when I switch my selected server that takes a long time to load, sometimes I have to click on connect a million times for anything to load... What's up with this?

Skyld
05-22-2006, 08:01 PM
The login server itself doesn't have much to do with server connections; it loads the serverlist (and etc) weapons, takes serverlister information and sends it to you. From then on, switching to other servers is all up to your client.

Have you tried enabling/disabling UDP, checking firewalls, etc?

jake13jake
05-22-2006, 11:28 PM
Well it seems like there should be a loading screen or something

Admins
05-23-2006, 01:20 AM
Shouldn't take more than a few seconds, since it is cached anyway (the weapon scripts). Is the GUI slow for you (when pressing F8 on other servers) ?

jake13jake
05-23-2006, 05:33 PM
Well, I don't know. It seems to speed up once all the images are loaded. I know my connection isn't so good, even though it's cable it's acting like a 56k lately. After that, there's lag in getting rid of the F8 window when loading into the server (though not so much if it's a server logged into before).