PDA

View Full Version : Beyond Shadow Dragons

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 01:29 AM
This message is from the actual Cyanide SR71, not from Vexlocks (sp?) or anyone else who has been using my forum account. :mad:

For one glorious year Shadow Dragons has served its fellow Graalians with clever NPCs, beautiful level, and great graphics in which many have enjoyed and glorified. At it's sorrowful fate due to the death of a server and a lack of organization, many have come to us and mourned (sorta) because of the sad end. I, Cyanide SR71, former Shadow Dragon, have decided to start a new site to share scripts, levels, and graphics for all to see, criticize, and help improve. I shall call it 'Graalian Head Quaters' (yes, I'm out of any good names, please give me a good one). Who here would like to help staff this site?

Cyanide SR71
Former Shadow Dragons Scripter

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 01:40 AM
Easier said than done. We did say that they could take them if they gave credit to the creators and if they asked. But of corse not even these simple guidelines would be followed, and thus I start riots on their servers =P. Hehe, why do you think EL got shocked so badly, and Delteria had to remove all of its stolen goods?

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 01:47 AM
Npulse? I thought Lord Saga removed all of our NPCs...
Well... I have friends there who could take them down... I hate it when people turn good NPCs into cliches.

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 01:55 AM
Semi good NPCs?
Sure, most of them aren't the greatest, but that's not our goal.
It's to teach people how to script better by looking at other scripts, and to advertise our knowlege a bit to get jobs as well...

Slaktmaster
07-06-2001, 02:27 AM
OMG Shadow Dragons stuff on N-Pulse? Where?

Solareon
07-06-2001, 03:19 AM
they ripped on your s*** so badly (not sayin that to be mean but you are semi good scripters but Dino Valley has lots of your scripts on their server)

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 03:30 AM
Bah, if I ever spent more than a minute on Dino Valley maybe I could tell...
But noone wants to help make the site?

Shard_IceFire
07-06-2001, 03:43 AM
Cyanide, I'd like to help you with the site if I can. I'm not sure how much I can offer in ways of web page design, because I only know HTML, nothing fancy, but I certainly would like to help with the NPC's themselves, and maybe be a message board moderator if you'd like.

Tyhm
07-06-2001, 07:23 AM
1) Just call it Shadow Dragons again
2) If you don't want idiots stealing your scripts, don't post complete scripts. Post snippets if you must. ie this is the guts of a HP bar: showimg, changeimgvis etc...if they can figure out how to make a System NPC to show it, fine, if they can't, tough.

LiquidIce00
07-06-2001, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
1) Just call it Shadow Dragons again
2) If you don't want idiots stealing your scripts, don't post complete scripts. Post snippets if you must. ie this is the guts of a HP bar: showimg, changeimgvis etc...if they can figure out how to make a System NPC to show it, fine, if they can't, tough.

SO YOUNG SO ANGRY DAM THAT RAP MUSIC

actually make npc's that are obvious if people steal . and if they do talk to the owners to take em down. if they dont talk to mr bear or stefan to review the pw.
like hookshot . obvious =D

kyle0654
07-06-2001, 08:44 AM
Just use a copyright note at the top of your scripts. If you catch them, they can get in trouble, because I know Stefan respects copyrights on scripts. I had one on the bomy boot script that said I made the bomy script, and only I could use it, so I had to say he could use it when he asked me about it.

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 08:58 AM
Unfortunately Thym, the name 'Shadow Dragons' is Ukyo's, so I shouldn't use it.
As for those other tips, thankyou! It takes a lot out of my work in forcing the PW to take them down.
Shard, sure you can join, but I'm going to need quite a few more staff to start this...

mastervampire
07-06-2001, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by CyanideSR71
I shall call it 'Graalian Head Quaters'

You ought to call it something like Graalscript Workshop, or NPC Exchange. Graalian Head Quarters sounds nothing like a learning site. =)

Cybnext_Design
07-06-2001, 03:26 PM
Id help you out with the site. Im pretty good with HTML. Id just have to start building more again.... I havent made a site in a long time. And im pretty good at making NPCs. So if its ok if i join, i can prolly host the website once i get my webdesign business going. But gimme an email at [email protected]

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 05:33 PM
(Vehcklox) I cannot believe I have been using some TCN dude's account for all this time !!!

:::immediately goes to shower with industrial strength detergent::: .

Slaktmaster
07-06-2001, 07:15 PM
HA HA! :D

Solareon
07-06-2001, 09:13 PM
I don't play Dino Valley I am forced to let my little brother play so I let him play on the junk server

KJS
07-06-2001, 09:25 PM
basically all I have ever saw in shadow dragons was npcs that were destructive... and that makes a pk server usually (most owners dont like pk servers)...

and I also agree you should give the guts of the script...
mabie make tatorals on how to make the script but never give the the script fiscally...

like for a npc to look like a character

you first start out by making the npc on your screen. Then you open the script editor. After you do that then you need a if/then statement. This will be the created one. so it kind of looks like this.
if(created){

}
then you put in showcharacter so the npc knows to show the character. Under that you use
setplayerprop thing you want to set,stuff to set it to.
you can find the different things to set at the bottom of the command.rtf (it is in your npc editor on the right side). like #c = the text of the character. It would look like this
setplayerprop #c,this is my npcs text;

I mean you can just do stuff like that... then people have to read it and make it there selfs...

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 09:31 PM
Vehcklox, aside from TCN's obvious weak points, there are a lot of cool friends there. And besides, I joined TCN two days ago. Hmmm... When did I give you permission to use the forum with my account? =P
We need no webmasters, for Vergil is doing that job (www.graalnet.net/ghq), but I'm glad to take anyone in who can output work of considerable skill and know-how.
Mastervampire, I would have called it something like that but it sounded so corny (of corse, Grallian HQ sounds corny as well =/). Beside, it really doesn't matter what you call it. Shadow Dragons doesn't exactly sound like a learning site...
Anyway, I so far have 4 potential members, of which only 2 can script. Does anyone want to staff?

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 09:39 PM
Hmmm... KJS posted just before I did my last post.
KJS, Shadow Dragons did have some tutorial, but I've found that tutorials are annoying to write and that just reading a script (with a few comments to smoothen things out) are easier to understand. But I do believe we should make NPCs that aren't all destructive.

Shard_IceFire
07-06-2001, 09:44 PM
Hey Cyanide I PM'ed you.

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 09:57 PM
Shard, I PMed back. Or at least I hope it worked....
=/ You people take all the fun out of stopping playerworlds. It's fun starting riots on servers!

Knightoffrost
07-06-2001, 09:57 PM
Not all shadow dragon's npcs are destructive, there were cool things you could use for refrence or on your server like the toy airplanes and such...

T-Squad
07-06-2001, 10:27 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Well, they were there a while ago.

*stares at the words "good NPCs" and shakes violently, but manages to restrain himself*

ROFLOL

KJS
07-06-2001, 10:30 PM
Originally posted by Knightoffrost
Not all shadow dragon's npcs are destructive, there were cool things you could use for refrence or on your server like the toy airplanes and such...

well see airplanes dont fit into graals time era...

I dont like servers with like skateboards, tanks, airplanes, ect...

because they dont fit in with graal...

Slaktmaster
07-06-2001, 10:47 PM
So you wouldnt like Jolt Bomb shooting shotgus to shoot down the 2001 birds with? Awe. :(

CyanideSR71
07-06-2001, 11:32 PM
It all depends on the PW... What if someone makes a futuristic PW?

KJS
07-06-2001, 11:37 PM
I guess so but also they should have a futuristic tile set then....

I mean with the tileset graal has it makes it look like it is more older days...

CyanideSR71
07-07-2001, 02:04 AM
Yes! Like the beautiful and futuristic levels of Graal 3000!

Slaktmaster
07-07-2001, 03:56 AM
And the beatiful endless steppes! :D

Knightoffrost
07-07-2001, 07:42 AM
Its true :( G3k has to many **** ass and blank levels.. Its true! Waaaahahaahahahahaahhaah =**(

mastervampire
07-07-2001, 08:17 AM
That was your fault X, you wouldn't let anyone else but you and EotB make any levels, no wonder there were aprox 360 empty levels.

fuzie
07-07-2001, 12:52 PM
I have a suggestion.. Create pets ,not boomys, that are allowed to be used in the non-p2p and hold it back from the servers...What i mean is try to get something good outa them....hell if i know wha?:cool:

CyanideSR71
07-08-2001, 08:13 PM
huh?

foxstar70
07-09-2001, 06:35 PM
can i help wiht you new scripting site?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?

mhermher
07-09-2001, 10:07 PM
i help but i aint makking websites good so could help with NPC scriptings and MAYBE the site and levels and graphics etc.
just PM me what to do

CyanideSR71
07-10-2001, 06:19 AM
Right now I'm just seeing who here would help, people. Later I'll interview you guys.

Merlin
07-10-2001, 06:44 AM
Originally posted by foxstar70
can i help wiht you new scripting site?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?>?
you need to know how to script i think he mentioned that : O

Slaktmaster
07-10-2001, 06:47 AM
omg Merlin that flower in your sig in from ICQ! :eek:

CyanideSR71
07-10-2001, 06:47 AM
Yeah =/. Usually one out of overy 30 people who try made it into Shadow Dragons...

General
07-10-2001, 07:42 AM
put a backdoor into your scripts, so you can remove it from any server with a simple command

_Shoey_Fighter_
07-10-2001, 01:40 PM
Yay! It's always fun when you talk to me about things like this, Cyanide...

First off, go ahead and use the Shadow Dragons name if you want... I helped pick it... ;-) Why you would want to use it, however, is a differnet matter... (at first we were going to be a guild but we never did).

Second, when you asked me for all the Shadow Dragons files you said you wanted them "for your NPCs"... If you would have told me you were going to make a new Graal NPC site I would have gladly given them to you.

Finally, I always hated the fact that you didn't want our NPCs to be used on servers... That was basically the whole reason we started out: to make requested NPCs. Why would we post them if we didn't want them downloaded?!

I wish Shadow Dragons wouldn't have gone like it did (damn Fuitad and his real life problems!), and that Ukyo wouldn't have dissapered... But, it happened, and nothing can be done. I would be glad to help out with your new site in any way I can.

Warcaptain
07-10-2001, 02:06 PM
Well cool, now I dont have to think of a new name.

I'll be willing to help (i know im already in shadow dragons, but i'll help you more if i can)

Warcaptain
07-10-2001, 02:53 PM
I started the guild 'Shadow Dragons'

if you get a chance, support it ;-)

RawPower
07-10-2001, 04:14 PM
What is the damn point of making a site showing off npcs, then telling them not to use them on their server...when you damn well know there are *****s out there that are gunna do it anyways!

SkooL
07-10-2001, 04:44 PM
Work for one PW and give them exclusive NPCs...:)*cough**cough*needs a scripter :(*cough**cough*

Err...seriously, if you'd anyone of you would be willing to help me, I need it. I specialize in levels, I can do NPCs, just not advanced ones :(
The playerworld is Echo, I am the only one working on it as of yet.
I have 495 outside levels.

You can view a map here (http://members.spree.com/sports/wrestlespaz/echomap1.gif).

foxstar70
07-10-2001, 06:06 PM
SkOOl i like your map but for my server i am not going to be using the level genterator it doesnt make the highest level quality

SkooL
07-10-2001, 06:10 PM
SkOOl i like your map but for my server i am not going to be using the level genterator it doesnt make the highest level quality
Err...it makes it easier for a map. If you hand craft every element of your PW then...well...good luck with your map.

SkooL
07-10-2001, 06:13 PM
What about the quality of level generated levels? They are not low quality...you need to edit them...

foxstar70
07-10-2001, 06:22 PM
i mean they arent special when you hand craft 400 lvl then it is special

SkooL
07-10-2001, 06:23 PM
i mean they arent special when you hand craft 400 lvl then it is special
Who says I level generated them :rolleyes:

CyanideSR71
07-10-2001, 09:14 PM
Shoey, not that they can't use them, but they have to ask who made them if they want them up, and give credit. Because I certainly don't want all my NPCs on Delteria, and I don't like Elven Lands... But I would like to give them out to servers whom I see fitting of, and those who actually ask. And one server, or a few servers should not hog all the NPCs for themselves.
I wouldn't tell you because I thought you wouldn't care to join... You've tried to quit twice from the late website, and have seemed to stop helping in SD (along with almost everyone else) in its last month. But if you would like to help on the site, I would be honored.

Hmmm... Give all NPCs to one server? You mean kinda like Delteria stole all of ours? Scary...

07-14-2001, 11:26 PM
I'll be glad to help out. I can help you on both sides (making npcs and making a website)

Knightoffrost
07-15-2001, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by mastervampire
That was your fault X, you wouldn't let anyone else but you and EotB make any levels, no wonder there were aprox 360 empty levels.

Totally not my fault dude.. G3k was meant to have lots of good **** in it. But shinobi came and f***ed everything up.

CyanideSR71
07-15-2001, 07:59 PM
Vergil, the guy who wanted to help me out for the website, isn't responding... I'll give him a few days, but then we have to find someone new =O.