PDA

View Full Version : Holding 'escape' to stop triggers?

Yen
05-18-2006, 10:03 PM
I'm not totally sure what the extent of this is, but..

Lately, I've been having problems with players holding 'escape' to prevent death. While they're holding escape, they don't register triggeractions.

I've also heard of people holding escape and doing something to cause it to trigger the attack function multiple times. They do this when killing people and it seems to trigger the death over and over, so I'm assuming it cached the triggers and sent them all at once.

Finally, people are holding tab and D to auto-mine or auto-attack. It prevents the 'keydown' and 'keydown2' function from being caught, so the NPCs think that the key isn't being held though it is.

Can anything be done?

napo_p2p
05-19-2006, 05:10 AM
Yeah, I've noticed this too. But, you don't have to hold escape, but just push it once. While the "Do you want to quit?" window is up, the client doesn't seem to be sending or recieving data.

Raeiphon
05-19-2006, 08:47 AM
Couldn't you stick a keydown for esc and trigger something which makes the player automatically warp to OSL or something?

petro1212
05-19-2006, 11:08 AM
Couldn't you stick a keydown for esc and trigger something which makes the player automatically warp to OSL or something?

keydown on the default graal (option) keys (Esc, F1, F#ect). Don't function or function seldomly (and above all if they would be warped people would use it as a unstick me button)

VulcanP2P
05-19-2006, 02:53 PM
Couldn\'t you stick a keydown for esc and trigger something which makes the player automatically warp to OSL or something?

onoz I\'m about to die. *hits esc key*

No, I think reverting back to the GUI closure like v3 had would be better. You still received and sent data with that if I remember right.