PDA

View Full Version : The Official Zulite Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Tyhm
03-27-2001, 01:04 PM
All Zulite material goes here. Obviously.

Briefing:

Zulites have no legs, just arms, they're like Bomys sorta, same Skins system, they hop around on one hand when pulling, pushing, carrying, etc. Can't swim, they just walk along the bottom of the ocean, little bubbles come up instead. Some guys were working on graphics and sounds, I made the stomp attack, still need someone with access to the Bomy code to integrate it...

if(playerenters&&iszulite){
toweapons Stomp;
}
if(weaponfired){
freezeplayer 2;
setani stomp,#s(ZuliteSkin);//Won't work until you have the gani and the skin
sleep 1.5;
for(this.i=0;this.i<objectscount;this.i++){ //I think we have objectscount now...
if(abs(playerx-objects[this.i].x)^2+abs(playery-objects[this.i].y)^2<100){ //Pythagorean theorem, radius=10
hitobject this.i,playerswordpower;
}
}
}

Igneous Zulites live in Volcanos.
Meton Zulites live in the arctic.
Sedimentary Zulites live on islands.

Igneous Zulites can eat rocks to spit fire.
Meton Zulites can stomp.
Sedimentary Zulites actually float.

Nai
03-27-2001, 01:07 PM
Sounds Cool. I could help...

HiryuuX
03-27-2001, 01:11 PM
Yeah, sounds interesting. Maybe the bomys and Zulites can team up for certain activities to do tasks since bomys only have legs and zulites only have arms, the zulite could climb on top of the bomy.

Tyhm
03-27-2001, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah, and Zulites eat rocks and breathe fire. Some of them do. I should go get the stuff from the old thread! La la la....

I'll edit that into the briefing in a minute.

Nai
03-27-2001, 01:16 PM
Can we post other topics on here? I mean like threads?

03-27-2001, 01:22 PM
http://www.trueheat.homestead.com/files/zulite.gif

Nai
03-27-2001, 01:25 PM
yet..another awesome Graphic chain from THT. Do you wanna help with the Zorbi Sprites? If you have time?

HiryuuX
03-27-2001, 01:28 PM
l337 graphics are TrueHeaT's SPECIALTY :D.

Zulithe
03-27-2001, 02:24 PM
If anyone wants to read more in-depth reguarding how this race all got started and how we eventually came to where we are now with this race, view the original thread:

http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=32

please forward all comments from the above thread to THIS thread, however ^_^

03-27-2001, 02:41 PM
Naw, my specialty is... wait, you're right!

Lion'el-Jonson
03-27-2001, 03:17 PM
My specialty is kinda well.. creativity :D I watch the Sci-Fi Channel for about 10 hours then hey!

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 03:58 PM
Bomy and Zulites teaming up is an awesome idea! hahah!

Lemme think of a brainstorm... maybe we really don't need many new ideas, I mean, look at bomys. They don't have many features.

Although we could have a way that Zulites get stronger like bomys... something like enamel. ^_^

grim_squeaker_x
03-27-2001, 09:10 PM
Well I don't have acces to the actual bomy script but I think I could reconstruct it quite efficiently.
Although it does ask for the question... Do we want the Zulite's to be able to walk diagonally or not?

Fai
03-27-2001, 09:12 PM
That looks like Geodude :O

Pago
03-27-2001, 09:17 PM
Trueheat's graphics are good... they'd be even better if the Zulite didn't resemble Geodude from Pokemon, but it's a start :D

Anyway, I think if Graal has different races, they should have different quests, some for all the races, some for one specific race. Like for the Zulite, there could be special hill tiles that it could literally roll down, gathering speed. At the end of the hill would be a heavy door to a quest, and only a rolling Zulite could break it open.

I also think Zulites could be the strongest race in Graal, although they wouldn't be very agile or fast and not super-duper PKers. Also, they'd be very deliberate creatures, and that would keep them from picking up bows and stuff like that. I'd like to think of them as the "strong, clumsy, deliberate" race ;)

Oh yeah... we could also have race-exlusive special moves that could be triggered by a different button (F, E, somefink like that). Of course, you'd have to go through a race-exlusive quest to obtain the move. For Zulites, the special move could be a defensive roll. With the roll, they'd pound the crap out of bomys and humans, but wouldn't effect Zulites or that other fairy race.

Tell me what you think! :D

Psyker
03-27-2001, 10:53 PM
Unique moves would be good, but like my default weapon idea on the ideas board, wouldn't it be better if each person got their own specialty move?

Tyhm
03-28-2001, 11:50 AM
Deleted the off-topic posts, they were reposted to Future Improvements anyway.

Please to be keeping OFFICIAL ZULITE THREAD about Zulites!

Zulithe
03-28-2001, 01:38 PM
Thanks for your thoughts Pago and your thoughts are right along what we originally conceived. How they would be slower, yet stronger. As well as their special moves (and button mechanics) please see the original thread for all that! Also I created a standards document for the Zulite which needs to be updated by now... I'll post it here.

Zulithe
03-28-2001, 01:43 PM
v.0.0.1
March 14th, 2001

Zulite Standards Document & Acceptance Application

Race Name: Zulite

Controls:
A = Action Button. Pull and pick up/throw objects. When not
in contact with any pullable/liftable objects, holding the
action button will make the Zulite curl into a ball, this
is known as its rolling position.

Hold A + Directional Button = roll

S = Slay Button. Zulites attack with their fists.

D = Item Button. Use Items/Weapons/Horse. Zulites can't
hide under bushes, as they are too large. Pressing the Item
button while holding a rock will cause the Zulite to
consume the rock.

M = Map Button. Display the world map. Cancels reading.

Q = Select Button.

P = Pause Button.

Body: Two arms, no legs, round body formed from a
concretion of earthy or mineral matter (stone, granite,
quarts, etc.)

Movement:
Walking: Four directions, walking speed equal to Bomy.

Rolling: While holding down the action button and pushing
one of the four directional buttons a Zulite will roll.
Rolling speed is equal to that of Bomy swimming speed.
While in rolling position the Zulite's defense is
heightened. If a character comes into contact with a Zulite
in this state of movement the character will sustain
damage.

Swimming: Zulites are poor swimmers and swim at a speed
lower than that of humans.

Rocks: With all the rocks in Graal its time we put them to
use, shall we? Zulites consume rocks for food much in the
way horses consume bushes. If a Zulite lifts a rock with
the Action button and then pushes the Item button, the
Zulite will consume the rock. Rocks can regenerate lost
health at the following rate:

White Rocks: 2 rocks per 10 life points
Black Rocks: 2 rocks per 20 life points

Zulithes cannot consume bushes or signs.

Special Abilities: If a Zulite possesses the JUMP NPC, he
can perform his pound attack. Pushing the Attack button
while in rolling position will perform the pound attack.
The Zulite hurls his curled body into the air and plummets
back to the ground creating a minor quake that damages
nearby characters.

--------------------------------

Okay there it is. It can be found online here (http://home.kc.rr.com/zulithe/zulite.txt) this is a work in progress and by no means a final draft! Add your comments/suggestions and changes!

Tyhm
03-28-2001, 01:50 PM
if(carrying&&keydown(5)){
if(carriesstone){
takeplayercarry;
setstring health,#v(strtofloat(#s(health))+10);
}else if(carriesblackstone){
takeplayercarry;
setstring health,#v(strtofloat(#s(health))+20);
}
}
That in the timeout or whatever loop should take care of the healing aspect...

03-28-2001, 03:01 PM
Zulites should be able to hurl bomys over things and use them as a weapon.
NPC bomys at least.

IceHawk
03-28-2001, 04:00 PM
Sounds oddly like the Goron mask from Zelda: Majora's Mask

he can roll, and pound to the ground, and Gorons eat rocks.

IceHawk
03-28-2001, 04:01 PM
And TrueHeaT's idea of throwing bomys is like Bowser's "throw Mario" weapon from Super Mario RPG.

Zulithe
03-28-2001, 04:40 PM
Yeah, your point? Everyone is so affraid we are gonna get in some legal battle over every tiny thing. Besides, the Zulites are unique enough not to pose a problem, and if need be we can change them even more, nothing is final. I think we need to cut back on the paranoia a little.

grim_squeaker_x
03-28-2001, 08:27 PM
They aren't exactly like Gorons since they are not really humanoid like, using smaller or weaker creatures is used throughout many games and can't possibly cause trouble (Super Mario RPG, Dungeon Keeper and a few more), rock eating can't be copyright since it's also used in numerous things (Both books and games). So I think that the Zulites can safely be said not to cause copyright infringement.

Pago
03-28-2001, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by TrueHeaT
Zulites should be able to hurl bomys over things and use them as a weapon.
NPC bomys at least. Lol... Zulites and bomys could work together. When there's a wall nearby that not even a bomb can blow up, the Zulite throws the bomy at the wall and kaboom! I'm not sure if it would kill the bomy or not, but it would be interesting :)

Tyhm
03-29-2001, 01:22 AM
I'm personally not too wild about the rolling rock bit, but whatever.

They were inspired by the Gorons, much like everything in Graal was inspired by Zelda3. Take an idea and run with it.

03-29-2001, 01:40 AM
Originally posted by IceHawk
And TrueHeaT's idea of throwing bomys is like Bowser's "throw Mario" weapon from Super Mario RPG.

OH NO TRUOOHEET YOU'RE RIPPING OFF TEH "THROW" MOVE FROM REAL LIFE!!11

Fai
03-29-2001, 01:50 AM
I think races should be a little more than altered bomies. Zulites would basically be bomies that could do different things...

IceHawk
03-29-2001, 02:09 AM
That made no sense TrueHeaT.

freddyfox
03-29-2001, 02:29 AM
So the bomy throwing thing would be kinda like the "Team Up" move in DKC2-3. Sounds interesting.

The eating rocks is a great idea, as well as the stomp.

I think the Zulites should be incredibly weak to lightning, as it is very powerful and chips off parts of them.

grim_squeaker_x
03-29-2001, 03:57 AM
Hmm, so if a zulithe is exploded by a joltbomb explosion it wold do double the damage of a normal explosion? Perhaps, explosions shuold always do mroe damage on the Zulithe's while attacking them normally does near to no damage (Whoever heard of someonhe hacking a rock to pieces with a sword?)

Fai
03-29-2001, 03:59 AM
They should start out weak and respawn weak, and eat rocks to gain power like horses.

Tyhm
03-29-2001, 04:33 AM
If Zulites roll into a ball, they have to be pushed in some direction. Then they continue to roll just like the soccerball, but without the slowdown code so every time they get pushed again, they move faster....rolling out at a speed of greater than 1block/sec results in an instant STOMP attack with a radius based on their speed.

Doable...

As for jolt explosions doing more damage...that's easy stuff...

I think swords should still hurt them, otherwise they would be the ultimate PK race. They're not just rock, they're rock CREATURES, they're alive...the impact of a sword alone would slow them down...

grim_squeaker_x
03-29-2001, 04:38 AM
I didn't think it was hard or anything I'm just thinking aloud here. And yes sword should indeed do a little damage.. And maybe the pick should be able to be used as a slightly more effective weapon against them?

Pago
03-29-2001, 06:06 AM
Here's a list of the effectiveness I think each weapon should have on the Zulites:

Arrows/projectile Zulites should be natural shields to this kind of thing. If you shoot an arrow at a rock, nothing really happens. With Zulites, the same thing would apply, even though, as Tyhm said, there's still a creature under the rocky exoskeleton.

FireLess damage than humans. You've seen it before... pictures of houses that survived a fire, with only the chimney remaining. Zulites would still get damage, but not much.

Swords When you hit a rock with a pick, hammer, whatever, stuff breaks off. Swords should be almost devastating to Zulites. We're talking almost double the damage that a human gets from swords.

Rolling For rolling, I think that the button pressed during a time of no movement should result in the Zulite curling into a ball, which does almost nothing except maybe add a little extra weight to whatever it happens to be standing on. Maybe in some quests there could be a platform that only moves down if the Zulite is in the curled up position. Anyway, the Zulite should be running when the player presses "a" to get enough momentum to start rolling. A push probably isn't necessary, but maybe as the Zulite walks, it gradually speeds up.

grim_squeaker_x
03-29-2001, 06:09 AM
I've just made some Zulite Gani's with the current graphics which we have (Thanks TrueHeaT), probably there are people out there who'd have done a better job then me. And sory about the extra post but I had to otherwise I couldn't attach the file.

03-29-2001, 11:41 AM
nice.

Zulithe
03-29-2001, 04:54 PM
Thym why don't you see to care much for the rolling concept? I think it opens the door to a lot of interesting options for this race. Not to mention it helps to really set them apart from Bomys. Bomy have a speed advantage in water (disadvantage on land), and so Zulites have an advantage on land (disadvantage in water), its balanced and its something new new. I never got the feeling that you didn't like it before, what would you change about it?

And for those concerned yes theres absolutely no doubt that the Zulite *is* inspired by the Goron, and I'm not trying ot deny it ^_^ Now with that said, we've taken things that made the Goron such a great race in the Zelda games, and mixed them with some other concepts and thats how we got what we have. So hey, if anyone doesn't like it, just speak up and tell us what you would do better and it could be wokred in.

On Zulite's throwing: Well the sure are strong enough to pick up bomys (or humans for that matter!) I think it would be too awkward to implement that (the throwing of PCs) myself but it would be fun!

On Zulite's being too similar to Bomys: Other than the template and gani setup we are trying to set them apart from bomys as much as possible. Originally I wanted them to be much larger than they are now to help give them a distinct look. But as it stands now they are about the same size as bomys and true, if you were a new player and saw a Bomy and a Zuilite right next to one another you probably couldn't tell much of a noticable difference. That may cause some confusion in the beginning. Fai if you think that Zulites are too similar to Bomys what would you do to help make them different?

freddyfox: thanks for the comments and I do think that Zulites need a real WEAKNESS, I think lightning would be a great one, but actually it would make more sense for Bomys to be weak vs. lightning (they are water creatures) and Zulites weak vs. ice attacks maybe? But see then Zori AND Bomy would BOTH be weak against lightning. So Maybe Zorbi could be weak against fire or visa versa? Then it could be:

Human weak vs. NOTHING (this is a human advantage)
Bomy weak vs. BOLT (disadvantage)
Zulite weak vs. ICE (disadvantage)
Zorbi weak vs. FIRE (disadvantage)

Of course the Zorbi and Bomy weaknesses could be interchangable but they should each have 1 seperate unique weakness if you ask me. What does everyone think of the "weakness" concept? Notice BOLT is the same as lightning/electricity but it just sounds cooler, heh. Reminiscent of the older Final Fantasy games LOL.

About swords. I do not agree that swords would do MORE damage to a Zulite. A sword is most often a slicking weapon. A Zulite would be susceptable to CRUSHING attacks. Like a hammer or the mace. Another reason why it would be good to give races weaknesses/advantages vs. certain attacks is to help promote different item usage. I mean come on, on Classic NOBODY uses the mace, strategically it just isn't a good choice. But if you were fighting a Zulite, who you KNEW took double damage from it, you may do otherwise.

Admins
03-30-2001, 12:13 AM
The basic zulite boots script & level for testing
is attached. Right now you can only walk,
but the code for attacking, sitting and destroying
bushes/stones is included, you will need to
make graphics/ganis for that.
This is only allowed for use
on Graal2001 and p2p servers.

Aidoggy
03-30-2001, 12:40 AM
Cool

freddyfox
03-30-2001, 01:04 AM
BOING!!!!

Aidoggy
03-30-2001, 01:09 AM
Lol cool Vermain

Tyhm
03-30-2001, 02:48 AM
WE'RE NOT WORTHY! WE'RE NOT WORTHY!

Heh, I thought maybe we'd get a Bomy admin to help splice the script...0.o

Zulithe, my only gripe against rolling is that it's a bit too Goron. Just like if Sćlei were pets who could be kept in jars to heal the player for 7 hearts when they died. Ideally, people should see a Zulite and NOT realize how much they look like the Goron mask thingy.

Also, since teamups seems to be such a big thing in G2K1, I like the idea of needing to be pushed. A rock that rolls on its own accord is kind of...anti-newtonian.

Aidoggy
03-30-2001, 05:25 AM
Roly Poly

Zulithe
03-30-2001, 10:08 AM
Stefan thanks for launching these ideas into the realm of realism for us, it really helps to show how serious this project really is ^_^

freddyfox great sounds so far, I especially like the "eating" sound.

And Aidoggy this isn't a thread for spamming :-P We have the general forum for that :D

Komieko
03-30-2001, 11:07 AM
Now we just need some more animations for the Zulite and than we can all play em!hehe..TrueHeat should make some attacking animations and sitting ones too..and is this gonna actually go someowhere on a server?Having a quest for a sweet creature like this would rock

grim_squeaker_x
03-30-2001, 08:19 PM
If someone makes the graphics for the attacking etc., I'll make the gani's.

Fai
03-30-2001, 09:07 PM
I don't like the idea of them walking 8 ways... It looks kind of odd.

grim_squeaker_x
03-30-2001, 09:27 PM
It's actually a very small change to the script I made which made it walk in 4 ways ^^:
for (i=0; i<4; i++) if (this.key[i]==true) {
playermoved = true;
this.dir = i;
newx = this.x + this.dirgo[i*2]*this.speed;
newy = this.y + this.dirgo[i*2+1]*this.speed;

// Check for walls
setarray wall,6;
for (j=0; j<6; j++)
wall[j] = onwall(newx+this.Cwalltest[i*12+j*2],
newy+this.Cwalltest[i*12+j*2+1]);

// Test for walls in front;
if (wall[0]==true || wall[1]==true || wall[2]==true || wall[3]==true) {

// Move the player outside of the wall
if (i==0) this.y = int(this.y);
else if (i==1) this.x = int(this.x+0.5)-0.5;
else if (i==2) {
if (this.y!=int(this.y)) this.y = int(this.y+1);
} else if (i==3) {
if (this.x+0.5!=int(this.x+0.5)) this.x = int(this.x+1.5)-0.5;
}

} else {
// Apply new position
this.x = newx;
this.y = newy;
}

// Test 'sidemoves'
if (wall[0]==true && wall[2]==false && wall[3]==false && wall[4]==false) {
this.x += this.sidemove[i*4];
this.y += this.sidemove[i*4+1];
} else if (wall[0]==false && wall[1]==false && wall[3]==true && wall[5]==false) {
this.x += this.sidemove[i*4+2];
this.y += this.sidemove[i*4+3];
}
i=4;
}

Note that I added an i=4 to the end of the thing to prevent diagonal movement.

Admins
03-30-2001, 09:40 PM
oh you could just use

break;

there :-)

but then it is not really good,
if movement like for bomys is wanted
i can change the script (like when
walking up and you press UP+LEFT it
would turn left because the left key
is the last one pressed, when you just do
break;
then you would need to release the UP
key before you can turn left

grim_squeaker_x
03-30-2001, 09:58 PM
But yes I think the plan was originally to have the movement work like the bomy's have it. I'm not sure though.

Zulithe
03-30-2001, 10:10 PM
4-directional movement I figured may be a given, but if 8-way movement isn't a problem that would be all the better! What does everyone else think?

Tyhm
03-31-2001, 03:32 AM
If players can move 8 ways, it would seem reasonable for Zulites to move 8 ways too. Facing whatever direction the player would be facing.

My opinion, but anyway.

Man...it's really happening...this is so cool....

Fai
03-31-2001, 05:12 AM
It just looks wierd seeing them do that

Admins
03-31-2001, 05:14 AM
But humans have no diagonal movement
sprites and still move diagonally...

Tyhm
03-31-2001, 06:02 AM
Right, and that works fine...walking slightly diagonal...more realistic than only walking in 4 cardinal directions, IMHO (InMyHumbleOpinion)...

Pago
03-31-2001, 06:02 AM
I think that diagonal movement is fine, but what I don't like about the Zulite ganis is 1) it closely resembles Geodude and 2) the Zulite walks way too fast. It seems awkward controlling a creature who walks slow and moves fast, like some force is moving it other than the feet. And speaking of feet, if we gave the image feet it wouldn't look as much like Geodude. :D

And I have to argue about the pushing thing. I agree that teamwork is a major aspect of Graal, but how many people do you see who gladly volunteer to help out in the heart quest? It doesn't happen on any given day that one of the campaigns to get people over there is successful. I still think that if the player presses "a" when the Zulite isn't moving, it just kind of curls up, but when the Zulite has been moving for quite a while in one direction, it starts rolling when the button is pressed. Maybe for some walls or doors where not even unassisted rolling works to break down (in some quests maybe), maybe we could institute pushing?

Tyhm
03-31-2001, 06:18 AM
No feet, that defeats the purpose.

GANIs can be slowed, I think...

Pago
03-31-2001, 06:21 AM
Ya, you type "WAIT seconds" in the comments box for each frame. It works similar to a not-that-powerful gif animation program.

03-31-2001, 09:00 AM
Wow, that's cool stefan. It would be better if they walked in jerks, not smoothly. Like, arm out, drag forward, arm out, drag forward. Makes it more realistic and fun. Zulites and bomys could team up with the Zulite throwing move, there could be quests and areas only accessed by a bomy being thrown over something. Zulites could also use NPC bomys as weapons to throw.
!
They could also have the ability of hitting a cliff and making a rock fall down, allowing them to throw it. They could also help humans mine for some sort of profit, because they'd be much stronger.

Fai
03-31-2001, 11:29 AM
I don't think that idea would work so well. If someone made a smaller zulite, it would look odd seeing their smaller feet take smaller steps but move further.

grim_squeaker_x
03-31-2001, 07:27 PM
The current walking Gani's already have a WAIT 2 in between each of them.

Aidoggy
04-01-2001, 12:33 AM
Yeah Good point fai...
It Would seem a bit weird wouldnt it ;D

crbgraal
04-05-2001, 05:45 AM
A walk gani (it has the sound frome the sound pack also)that has PLAYSOUND in each frame so it makes walking sound! COOL!

freddyfox
04-05-2001, 05:50 AM
See my post plz

crbgraal
04-06-2001, 06:20 AM
Originally posted by freddyfox
BOING!!!!
Freddy, i used YOUR zulute_walk.wav.
I just aded the comand to play it to the gani(Made by ?? i got it from steven thogh.

FatherDante
04-06-2001, 07:35 AM
Zulites should be weak to lightning because electricity flows straight through the ground... and water is a pretty poor conductor. I discovered that flying things being weak to lightning is really just a pokémon inspired myth... :.

So, Zulites should be weak to lightning and water and resistant to fire. Bomys should be resistant to water and weak against nothing. Saeli should be weak to fire and resistant to lightning.

04-06-2001, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
The current walking Gani's already have a WAIT 2 in between each of them.
But their movement in the game is still just straight with no pauses.

grim_squeaker_x
04-06-2001, 06:56 PM

But their movement in the game is still just straight with no pauses.

hmm, true... Well that would just mean slightly changing the script they currently use to put in those pauses I guess.

Zulithe
04-07-2001, 08:35 AM
Look at sidewalks, if water freezes on them it cracks. Ice damages rocks and other solid ground this way, thats my inspiration behind the zulites weak against ice thing. I feel bomy would be more weak against electrical attacks than would a Zulite. And why should a Zulite have two weaknesses and a Bomy have NONE? That isn't fair at all, nor is it balanced. If we were striving for realism we could just say humans are weak vs. ice, fire AND lightning because it would be true. But that wouldn't be fair in game terms.

Does anyone else have comments about race weaknesses and what they feel each race may be weak against?

crbgraal
04-08-2001, 07:07 AM
Have humans weak agenst PHISICAL(HE HE I CAN"T SPELL). One disadvandege to not haveng a shel or hard exo-sceleton.

Tyhm
04-08-2001, 07:16 AM
Humans should be the complete average unit of measure everything else is based off of.
Bomys are stronger against physical damage than Humans, but have weaker attacks. They're faster than a human in water and slower than a human on land.
Zulites are stronger against darts than humans, but weak against explosions. They're faster than a human on land and slower in water.

For example. It isn't necessarily accurate, but you get the idea. Humans are every bit as strong and weak as a Human. Everything else is stronger in some categories and weaker in others.

GexGecko
04-09-2001, 01:36 AM
What if a human tries to use
A. mine you for minerals
B. mine you to attack.

It would be bad!

FxChiP
04-09-2001, 05:31 AM
Zulites should be weak to lightning because electricity flows straight through the ground... and water is a pretty poor conductor. I discovered that flying things being weak to lightning is really just a pokémon inspired myth... :.

First off, you have your things mixed up. Water is a really good conductor of lightning and all electricity. Ground is the poor conductor.

As for flying things being weak to lightning just being a pokémon-inspired myth, think about it for a second. Lightning strikes the highest point, as you may well know. The best way to get to a high point (as far as animals) is to, well, fly. If a really stupid bird is flying above a tall tree in a thunderstorm, the bird is a bit more likely to get hit.

Most strengths and weaknesses on pokémon are at least partly based on truth, you just gotta think about it.

Tyhm
04-09-2001, 05:41 AM
Please to be getting back to Zulites!

What do we need now, anyone know? I haven't downloaded the darn thing...

Pago
04-09-2001, 06:34 AM
Here's my viewpoint of Zulite strengths/weaknesses:

Fire/lightning These things should have little, if any, effect on the Zulite. Just as FxChip said, earth does not conduct electricity. That's why foundations for houses serve as a protection from electrical storms. Also, if you look at photographs from the Civil War or World War II, you'll see houses burned to the ground with only the chimney remaining. The chimney (obviously) is made of stone, therefore it survived the fire that destroyed the (wooden) house.

Swords, hammers I think some kinds of swords would have almost no effect on the Zulite, while other kinds would devastate it, more so than it would on a human. For example... if you knife a rock, nothing would really happen. If you hit it with a pick, stuff would fall off. So some types of swords/hammers would take .5 hearts out of the Zulite, when they'd normally take 1 heart out of a human. Other types would hurt it 2x as much as it would a human.

Water Zulites shouldn't be able to swim in the deep/extremely deep water. When you throw a rock into the water, it sinks. So would a Zulite. Anyway, it would be cool if they could "skip" across the deep water a couple of times before sinking, maybe after obtaining a certain NPC.

Tyhm
04-09-2001, 08:19 AM
FX is retooling the NPC now...^___^

FxChiP
04-09-2001, 11:25 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
FX is retooling the NPC now...^___^

And oh, god, is it ever confusing me. That is one evil script to work with. Be glad you don't have to do this.

I have to ask Tyhm about every other thing, if not everything. I did most of the dir stuff on my own, though, he corrected me on some of the stuff. :)

Anyway, onwall is a *****, and Tyhm's for-next loop is weird...

GexGecko
04-09-2001, 09:08 PM
...Anyways, just get the frix0r1n' zulites done!!! The suspense is killing me!

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 12:35 AM
Ah, see? Pokémon inspired myths.

Water is a poor conductor. The myth comes about because being wet increases conductivity. Water itself, however, is relatively resistant.

I did not say ground is a good resistor, I said rocks should be weak to electricity because electrons always flow to ground- an infinite source of charge.

Bomys should have no weaknesses because: a) water shouldn't hurt bomys b) water is a poor conductor c) fire of course, shouldn't hurt water d) bomys are relatively weak compared to the races

Zulites should have two weaknesses because a) rocks are damaged by water b) electricity would do most damage against a grounded object and c) Zulites are tougher than bomys against regular attacks- and players use swords and physical attacks almost exclusively

So, as you can see, it's very realistic, and hopefully, it *should* be fair.

Aidoggy
04-10-2001, 12:44 AM
I hope so or i'll become one myself, any word on jobs they could do? maybe throw themselves off cliffs and kill miners?

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 01:09 AM
FxChip, although I appreciate your response, here's why lightning almost never hurts flying objects:

Lightning strikes "high" things because it always seeks the shortest path to electrical neutrality- in this case, the ground, an infinite "storage space" for electrons. For that reason, something like the top of a conducive building is a likely striking point because the electricity can travel through the frame of the building.

Flying things are indeed higher, but they are almost never struck. Why?

Because they don't touch ground! The electricity has nowhere to go! Electricity is not try to "strike" things, it's trying to go through them. Because the electricity has no reason to "flow," a flying saeli would be nearly impervious to electrical attack.

Zulithe
04-10-2001, 01:47 AM
Firstly all of this is only important should weaknesses/resistances even be implemented in the first place. Maybe we are wasting too much time thinking about it ^_^

We have kinda limmited ourselves to fire, ice and electrical attacks (because those are the most common in a lot of games I guess) we could expand beyond that to provide better alternatives for weaknesses/resistances. We could also have wind, earth, holy, dark, or whatever else we could think up. Originally I just tried to assign one of the three original elements (fire, ice, bolt) to each of the three currently available or in production non-human races (bomy, zorbi and zulite). One for each to promote in game balance (balance of magic, not necessarily an overall balance) But there is no reason why we couldn't expand beyond that. Now with that said...

The Sćlei, which previously I neglected to work into this fold myself, has some interesting possibilities for weaknesses/resistances. If they can train in either black or white magic, maybe they could be weak against the opposite type of magic. A noble Sćlei may choose to practice the pure white arts of good, but at the same time would be more susceptible to the evil curruptive influence of black? Or we could go the original route, since they are flying maybe they could be weak against bolt attacks (and no this is not necessarily a Pokemon inspired myth, most rpg videogames use this type of logic, its called suspension of disbelief, look it up) or possibly even ice (they fly, if you freeze them they would plummet to the ground and crash, potentially very damaging)

Also not to neglect the topic of affinity. Something with a high affinity of fire for example would be weak against ice attacks. Using this as a basis one could say that a Zorbi (having an affinity for water) would be weak against fire. This is also typically used in adventure (i.e. Zelda) and rpg games. But then the Zorbi and Bomy are both likely canidates for water affinity, maybe Bomy could be "Blast" affinity since they are so good around bombs. Zulite of course would be Earth affinity (earth is frequently weak against wind based attacks but we could switch that to bolt attacks if we had to, or even ice like I mentioned earlier)

However we arrange this though, I feel very strongly about each race having ONLY ONE elemental weakness

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I think Zulithe is right, perhaps we're counting our eggs before they hatch. We have no reason to believe that elements will be inplace anytime soon.

But if Zulithes were tougher against physical attacks (which seems to make sense cause they're made of stone) wouldn't it be best for them to have a coiuple elemental weaknesses to balance it out?

Zulithe
04-10-2001, 02:06 AM
To balance their enhanced defense we could give a Zulite fewer life points than a bomy has, or we could just give them the same exact defense as a bomy. Also remember Zulites will probably be even slower on land than a Bomy is (while walking, or maybe the same speed, I'm not sure how it will be worked out by the scripters). We could also make the Zulite weak against crushing weapons if that still wasn't enough, like the ball & chain, since rocks would be more succeptable to a crushing attack than say a piercing or slashing one.

On that note we could also, for example, make the Zori weak against piercing weapons like the trident, or any other number of possibilities to help balance their enhanced abilities in other areas too.

The short of it though is, as we both mentioned, we are probably thinking too much about something that won't amount to anything hehe. It would be interesting to think all of this out though.

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 02:11 AM
But if Zulites had lower life points it would essentially be the same as negating their toughness. :\

Zulithe
04-10-2001, 02:26 AM
Bomys have more HP than humans with more defense than humans
Zulites could have more HP than humans yet less than Bomys but more defense than a bomy. Or they could just have the same defense/hp ratio, either way they would be balanced.

Now while a Zulite is physically stronger than Humans and Bomys, they are also slower than both Humans and Bomys which will make it more difficult to hit either of them. (not taking into account that Bomys are faster in water and Zulites are faster on land while rolling which balances out the fact that Humans are faster while walking than either of them)

So I think that they are pretty balanced as it is.

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 02:34 AM
I couldn't find suspension of disbelief when I tried to look it up, but I think I figured it out by context.

Pago
04-10-2001, 02:51 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
Water is a poor conductor
Nope. Sorry. Water is an excellent conductor. Don't believe me? Ask my phisical science teacher :)

But as far as adding a whole lot of extra weaknesses/strengths, we should consider that this game probably wont undergo all the changes required for such stats. Sure, we could say that zulites would be weak against holiness and bomies could be weak against psychic powers, but those things will not be implemented into the game until long after the races are uploaded. What we should do is think about how these races would fit into the existing game. Would a lot of newbies pick Zulite and romp around, pking? Would the Zulite be compatible with the existing jobs or will new ones need to be created? And most importantly: how will the uploading of this race affect the overall fun and enjoyment of the game?

These are the things we should be considering :)

FatherDante
04-10-2001, 03:03 AM
Fine, how about this:

Zulithes weak to water and resistant to fire
Bomys weak to electricity and resistant to water
Saeli weak to fire and resistant to electricity

If it's gonne be one to one this seems most appropriate in my estimation.

Fai
04-10-2001, 03:07 AM
We have no fire/lightning/water weapons.

Zulithe
04-10-2001, 03:38 AM
Pago is right, being that jobs are very important in G2K1, it should be one of the top most priorities at this point.

"Hunting and Gathering" is a big theme in G2K1, with humans having fishing and Bomies having bird catching. Something along those lines would be cool.

Pago
04-10-2001, 03:58 AM
Ya, Zulites could be able to hunt and gather...

We could make use of G2k1's vast forests by adding numerous trails with animals. Kind of like the safari, except the Zulites could either club the animals to death (poor deer :( ) or kill them with rock projectiles. The animals could be controlled by the NPC server, and they'd run away from players and maybe attack them when they get the chance.

As far as gathering goes, Zulites could buy baskets and whatnot and forage berries and nuts from special bushes. Maybe we could add on to the races-working-together aspect of the game and set it up so when berries and nuts are scarce, humans could plant the seeds that grow the bushes that Zulites gather berries from :D

Lomgren
04-10-2001, 07:36 AM
Just a quick sidenote, back to the water conducting electricity. Pure water itself is actually a poor conductor, it is the impurities in water (like iron, other metals, etc.) that make it a good conductor.
Anyway, looks like everyone has been busy working on the Zulites, has anyone been working on the graphics for them?

Zulithe
04-10-2001, 08:16 AM
You are very correct on that regarding water Lomgren. Though it does help spread the affect of electricity if it is spread over an object (like if a person jumped in a pool then got out they would be more likely to be severely hurt in the event of an electrical uhhh attack!) And so since Zorbis are closely related to "fish" (which have a naturally very damp skin/scale exterior) they would be more likely to get damaged from electricity than a human, so you see it can really go many different ways.

About graphics, nobody has posted about it if they are working on graphics or not... I have talked with a few people about it on Graal and ICQ and stuff however nobody has submitted anything yet.

crbgraal
04-11-2001, 10:55 AM
Zulithe, we hav SOME gfx but we need a LOT more.

Zulithe
04-12-2001, 01:15 AM
Yes I know, we are working (however slowly) on a remedy for that problem :) If anyone out there is reading this and wants to help with the graphics plis e-mail me at [email protected]

FxChiP
04-23-2001, 04:07 AM
While I work slowly on a remedy for this damn onwall bug... Tyhm's helping me out with it.

Right now, the following things work absolutely perfectly (no bugs, nothing to add):

Standing still

The following things have bugs or something to add or something:

Walking (all directions/diagonally, but the onwall isn't quite working right...)

And the following extras don't work simply because I can't test it right without the graphics/ganis:

Attacking
Sitting (except this one I have to make tile detection for, and will take a while)
Sinking (as opposed to swimming - zulites are made of rock)

What I'm thinking of doing for sinking is making a whole other world underwater that has certain things to it that you can't get above the surface, but still providing a way to get out (well, of course!). But I would compensate for the parts that are in deep water and shouldn't be gotten past (make them bottomless and the zulite won't go any further, maybe?)

It would take me a while. I'd probably have the world rely on backpals for the people that don't use DirectX7 (like me).

Anyway... I'm not promising that much. :P Just know that.

milotheman
04-23-2001, 04:41 AM
those graphiccs r cool

Komieko
04-23-2001, 12:48 PM
Hopfully this race gets off the ground!It'd be great to be able to actually play as a Zulithe and sink in water and everything! ^_^ And I like the "soccer ball" idea whena Zulithe is hit enough it rolls fast like the bomy in water..hehe..that'd be sweet..especially for pinball or soccer or something

FxChiP
04-24-2001, 07:55 AM
You know that new diving thing? With underwater worlds and stuff? Zulites would go perfect with that, because they wouldn't need diving equipment. Because they're made of rock, they can simply sink to the bottom!

Falcor
04-24-2001, 09:07 AM
If I would have saw Pagos Damages specs I would have replied sooner..
Yes It is true that rock breaks off but when you hack a human with a sword, Oops. You choped there limbs off. lol... If you wanna get really technical. Humans should only have .5 hearts. lol... Humans are very fragile creatures.. unlike Bomys with a hard outer shell. ect ect.. just a lil Gomy Soup for the Graalian Soul =)

General
04-26-2001, 10:12 AM
I want a bomy script (reconstructed or original)

Tyhm
04-26-2001, 12:22 PM
Silly General (Man that account name sounds familiar), Bomy scripts are restricted! Intellectual property, no servers beside G2K1 are allowed to use it because it's Stefan's invention (off Antago's idea and Kyle, Bruges, et al's scripting).

So don't ask.

grim_squeaker_x
04-26-2001, 07:27 PM
Actually Stefan is willing to provide the bomy script to any pay servers Tyhm...

Tyhm
04-27-2001, 03:11 AM
If you say so. All's I remember is he posted the news that no PWs were to even attempt to use Bomys. In any case, I'm doubting he'd post any more here than he posted already...

grim_squeaker_x
04-27-2001, 03:43 PM
Yeah, he already gave us a base script for it.. With that script I can basically script the rest for the bomys myself if I'd want too, but ah I don't really care about bomys.

Zulithe
05-03-2001, 08:06 AM
O.o
Stefan gave this project the green light but its still not moving foreward... if only someone would work on the graphics...

Tyhm
05-03-2001, 09:42 AM
I think FX is STILL working on the coding for it...doing a pretty good job of it too, last check, but yeah...*ahem* SOMEone should get to work on the rest of the frames...

crbgraal
05-08-2001, 07:39 AM
HELOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing a Zulute-Consept GC bank sprite set.

Zulithe
05-08-2001, 08:04 AM
Originally posted by crbgraal
HELOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! I'm doing a Zulute-Consept GC bank sprite set. Intersting. Thanks for pitching in

05-08-2001, 02:34 PM
I think FX is STILL working on the coding for it...doing a pretty good job of it too, last check, but yeah...*ahem* SOMEone should get to work on the rest of the frames...

:(
Sorry, I'll try and work on it.

aran_lesai
05-12-2001, 06:20 PM
I think the rolling thing is waaay cool. :) Good sounds, and ganis, to those who made them. I can't wait till the zulites are complete. That team-up thing is a must--that way bomys can do stuff they normally can't with legs, and the zulites can do stuff they can't do with arms. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project.

Zulithe
05-12-2001, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by aran_lesai
I think the rolling thing is waaay cool. :) Good sounds, and ganis, to those who made them. I can't wait till the zulites are complete. That team-up thing is a must--that way bomys can do stuff they normally can't with legs, and the zulites can do stuff they can't do with arms. I'm looking forward to seeing the finished project. Thanks a lot for your support for our project. As I write this I am about to begin the very first (finished) template for the Zulites. Afterwards we can really get this project rolling *pun intended* lol

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 12:59 PM
I'm looking for feedback on the design.

I wasn't incredibly pleased with the original template so I wanted to start one myself. This is one of the frames from it, tell me what you like, what you don't like, before I get too far into this. Thanks.

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 03:01 PM
Tell me what you like, what you dislike, what I should change, what I shouldn't change. Anything.

Do you like the rolling position? Does it look too awkward?

Is the shading good? What about the shape?

This is the second revision. I still have much much to do. I'll need to increase the size of the template to make room for more frames (rolling position #2, sitting, attacking, swimming etc.)

Any ideas for frames that I should add. It will be a larger template than the Bomy template simply because Zulites need more frames because they have a wider range of movement (and they can carry things, unlike bomies)

http://home.kc.rr.com/zulithe/zphere0.png

**EDIT**
I added the health meter and the 'rock' icion & numbers. Bomys eat bombs, but Zulites eat rocks. The 'rock count' can determine how often a Zulite can do its 'stomp' attack, etc. In the future we may end up removing or changing it but for now, i added it.

As for the health meter, to help set them apart from Bomys I was thinking maybe we would make the health meter vertical (instead of horizontal), what does everyone think of that idea? Yes or No?

IceHawk
05-13-2001, 03:14 PM
Still looks like a Geodude or Graveler from Pokémon.

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by IceHawk
Still looks like a Geodude or Graveler from Pokémon. Dude lets not get into this, we have already discussed that in this thread ^_^

And Geodude, to my knowledge, does not walk on his hands.

We wanted a creature made of stone with no legs and two arms, it's kind hard to NOT make it look like Geodude. Besides, pokemon sucks, graal rules. This will clearly be superior to geodude ^_^

05-13-2001, 03:43 PM
Lol geodude, now that you mention it...

yeah, make the eyes dif, and like a blue or green

05-13-2001, 03:51 PM
The shading is awsome. Create some holding above head ones too i guess for throwing
hmm

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 04:07 PM
The shading is awsome. Create some holding above head ones too i guess for throwing
hmm
Thanks a lot THT, coming from you that really means something.

Also I was thinking... with the new lighting effects in G2K1 I wonder if it would be possible to make the Zulite's eyes glow when in dark rooms? They are very 'earthy' and probably have dark-vision so it would make sense (plus look cool) Of course they wouldn't glow while rolling but while walking...

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 05:13 PM
NPC SCRIPTER whoever is helping... FXChip? Tyhm? Anyway... listen

About the crouching. If you see the graphic I posted a few posts back (btw I will upload new ones to replace it as I progress so just check back to that post to see updated versions)... you'll notice it goes from standing, to mid-crouching, then to full-crouch. I kinda felt it wouldn't look right, like there aren't enough frames in that step. So what if I did something like this...

I just make the body (column 3 row 4 only picture it without legs) and then I make the legs seperate graphics. Then we could script a gani that would show it going from Stand -->mid-crouch #1 -->mid-crouch #2 --> full crouch the gani could move the legs to make them appear to be folding inside. It would make it look smoother. Anyway, I just want to know what you think before I rearange my graphics.

Or let me know if you have an idea that would work better

**EDIT**
Also about throwing, grabbing, attacking, etc, this is going to add up to become a very large template... maybe I should make it more like a human body template where many of the body parts are seperate... this might take longer than I expected.

Fai
05-13-2001, 09:25 PM
I don't think Zulites should use the bomy health meter and rocks instead of bombs. They should have something different.

Zulithe
05-13-2001, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by Fai
I don't think Zulites should use the bomy health meter and rocks instead of bombs. They should have something different. I agree with the health meter thing and hopefully we will change it to a new kind of meter.

Zulites do eat rocks and maybe we will remove the rock thing that goes next to the health meter and put something else there, or think up something very different and cool. But since nobody is giving ideas... I can't think this all on my own! :p

Zulithe
05-14-2001, 11:57 PM
The template still isn't finished, mostly because I have been working on a way to get the zulite to fold so that it looks cool. Here is a gani (w/ template included)

Please evaluate the gani and tell me what you think!

toad1413
05-15-2001, 08:44 PM
Hi. I downloaded all the zips, etc, and they are pretty cool.

I'm pretty crap at this, so I'll make it short.:D
anyway, I read all the posts and I'm willing to help in any way I can.

Zulithe, I'm not saying your Zulite images are bad, 'cause they're not, but I kinda like TrueHeaT's ones a bit more. Although you could use both of 'em if you wanted... give players a bit of choice, that kinda thing.

If you want me to do anything just make sure it isn't ganis. I'm really crap at them. I can't even make the body in the same place on the different directions!

I have a couple of other things to say, but I've forgotten them, so I'll say it later.

Bye!:D

Fai
05-15-2001, 09:13 PM
I don't like the idea of them just being able to walk on hands. Hands woul dhave to come from the sides, and if they came from the bottom they would be considered feet. They should be able to be just rock creatures with certain things like attacking and rolling and whatever. It would make it easier for people to come up with Zulite ideas.

Zulithe
05-15-2001, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by toad1413
Hi. I downloaded all the zips, etc, and they are pretty cool.

I'm pretty crap at this, so I'll make it short.:D
anyway, I read all the posts and I'm willing to help in any way I can.

Zulithe, I'm not saying your Zulite images are bad, 'cause they're not, but I kinda like TrueHeaT's ones a bit more. Although you could use both of 'em if you wanted... give players a bit of choice, that kinda thing.

If you want me to do anything just make sure it isn't ganis. I'm really crap at them. I can't even make the body in the same place on the different directions!

I have a couple of other things to say, but I've forgotten them, so I'll say it later.

Bye!:D

First of all, the latest Zulite has been uploaded. All of the walking graphics are finally done. There are a few legs on there that I need to delete so don't pay any attention to them :D

Secondly thank you toad for your opinions. You made your first post ever in this thread, yay!

I understand that some people like THTs better, everyone has different tastes. There are several reasons why I started my own...

1) THT didn't ever finish his
2) I didn't feel that I could complete it because I can't emulate his style close enough
3) I didn't care for his design very much

If someone wants to complete his, then go ahead. We are gonna need many many different Zulite bodies, so the more the marrier. If you don't like my design as much, that is cool. But I hope you don't think it sucks because I have worked very hard on it.

If you want to help, here is what I need:

I need ideas for a new health system, different than both bomies AND humans. I need something original but not too complicated, it is best to keep things relatively simple.

And like I mentioned we need MANY MANY more templates. I know that people can't really get started on making any until the first one is done though, so I'm working as fast as I can.

Thanks, see ya

Fai
05-15-2001, 09:19 PM
Your version looks Graalier.

Added:
Except, I think it's a little too dark.

Zulithe
05-15-2001, 09:27 PM
Originally posted by Fai
Your version looks Graalier.

Added:
Except, I think it's a little too dark. Yeah I know it is a little on the dark side, but it's okay. I mean, rocks come in any combination of colors you could possibly imagine. The zulite I made (which by the way is called zphere, it's a play on the word 'sphere') just happens to be that way, but that doesn't mean all zulites will be dark.

Fai
05-15-2001, 09:47 PM
Well Graal is a cartoony game, with bright festive colors and stuff.
You should use the light gray on there for the whole thing, then just shade some areas.

Zulithe
05-15-2001, 09:51 PM
Originally posted by Fai
Well Graal is a cartoony game, with bright festive colors and stuff.
You should use the light gray on there for the whole thing, then just shade some areas. If you dislike the coloring so much you are welcome to do a recolor :)

Fai
05-15-2001, 09:53 PM
No i don't like recolorings :(

Pago
05-16-2001, 05:28 AM
Idea for health system:

I've already suggested this in another thread, but I've added on to the original idea. Anyway, the zulites' health system could consist of a meter, like the bomys. But unlike the bomys' meter, the zulite meter would be based on the hit's effectiveness, instead of the "damage factor" of each hit. Here's how it would work:

1) How it rises/ falls Basically, the meter would indicate how "energetic" the zulite gets. The meter would start off at 50%, and if the Zulite is gathering momentum by performing activities such as fighting, rolling, or walking, the meter would increase. If a player is attacking the zulite, the meter decreases.

Oh yeah, I also think the meter could increase when the Zulite is idle, just much more slowly.

2) How it would affect the Zulite The lower the bar gets, the weaker the Zulite gets. If the Zulite becomes weak, it's movement falters, and every blow it takes would be greatly magnified. For example, if I decide to hite a Zulite at 20% with my sword, the Zulite's health would now be at 10%. However, if I hit a Zulite at 100% with my sword, its health would only drop to 95%.

Also, if a Zulite's health is low(0 to 30%), it's hits would have little, if any, affect on other players/npcs.

3) If the meter reaches 0, the Zulite's defenses simply cannot withstand the pain and torture of its attackers, so it collapses in a rocky heap :eek:

I think this system would be fair, since it would not only justify the more defensive fighting style of the race, but it would also give it an obvious weakness.

Tyhm
05-16-2001, 07:29 AM
Maybe Stones instead of a meter? Like with the fullhearts, you get black stones and green stones (in the skin, as default), black stones are full, green are half...

That wouldn't be too hard.

Fai
05-16-2001, 07:32 AM
That reminds me. BOMIES SHOULD SHOW HOW MUCH LIFE THEY HAVE LEFT WHEN YOU HIT THEM

toad1413
05-16-2001, 06:41 PM
(my other post was actually my first one on this forum Zulithe:D )

I have an idea for the Zulite health system:

Instead of having a straight health bar like the bomys, we could have a health bar that sort of looks loke a rock.

I made a first image, update it if you want.
The lower the Zulites health, the darker the bar. I know it doesn't look much like a rock, but how good can you get using an icon program? (I used microangelo - It can create small gifs in 256 colors, but it's still pretty good for graal.:D )
It's 64 x 32 pixels so it's not that big.

And yes, I know, that wasn't a very good post before.

cya!

P.S I just uploaded my new sig!! Check it out :cool:

Zulithe
05-17-2001, 12:51 AM
Phew this is turning out to be the most difficult part.

Okay here is my idea...

first examine the file I have attached. Notice it has a bar and four 'balls' this is just a prototype so please read on..

okay the bar is for life. I think the bar life system is the best system until someone can think of something better.

BUT here is the deal with those balls. Thos balls are rocks, they represent something interesting.

When all four are full, you can roll at full speed, when they are all empty, you can't roll at all. (or you roll very very slowly, haven't decided) basically, the more rocks on that meter that are full, the faster you can roll. These rocks represent your energy. It goes up when you eat rocks. It goes down slowly over time (kinda like how AP goes up, only the opposite) and to refill it you are forced to eat rocks.

What does everyone think of this? Good bad... any way you think I could make it better?

Fai
05-17-2001, 01:52 AM
That is a super idea except....

Rolling? It's getting a little goronishly.

Zulithe
05-17-2001, 03:31 AM
Originally posted by Fai
That is a super idea except....

Rolling? It's getting a little goronishly. You must not be paying very good attention. The Zulite was always intented to roll.

My VERY FIRST POST ON THIS FORUM was about the zulite. It is my lifes work. hehehehehehe

I must complete it! Oh yes, I must!

I have at least two more good race ideas that I'm gonna work on once this one is finished. noone seems interested in helping me though. Everyone just sits back on thier lazy butts and posts useless threads on the general forum about underwear and stuff

Fai
05-17-2001, 03:35 AM
i have a super race idea. i don't think you could do it with the current way ganis are though.

I know it's been rolling since beginning but Gorons (ROCK PEOPLE) roll around, and in MM, you rolled and stuff too.

Nai
05-17-2001, 05:27 AM
FAI! UPLOAD THAT SNIPER RIFLE SHOOTING THE n00Bie THING! MY FRIEND WANTS TO SEE IT!

05-17-2001, 07:03 AM
Zulithe, you could help me out on the evolved bomy idea's, they are coming along great, i might have actually thought of somthing good for everyone !!:D

Fai
05-17-2001, 07:19 AM
http://members.aol.com/failure2do/shoot.gif haaa heere

Nai
05-17-2001, 07:30 AM
Could you post the Kung Fu one also?

Fai
05-17-2001, 07:33 AM
http://members.aol.com/failure2do/kick.gif
here i will delete both posts in like 2 mins

toad1413
05-17-2001, 07:48 AM
I like the idea of eating rocks to roll faster.
Zulithe, do you mind if I fiddle around with your health bar?

Sorry about my sig, I'll fix it later

everandom
05-17-2001, 09:39 AM
when will this this be on????

Komieko
05-17-2001, 01:14 PM
I honestly think we have another "bomy" race here!(By bomy I mean original,good,variety, and not the same stuff like fire breathing,super strength,blah blah blah)I know I'll be making my own Zulite once the template is finished =)

Zulithe
05-17-2001, 04:03 PM
I like the idea of eating rocks to roll faster.
Zulithe, do you mind if I fiddle around with your health bar?

Sorry about my sig, I'll fix it later Sure be my guest

And it will be online hopefully soon after the first template is done but I really have no idea.

toad1413
05-17-2001, 04:22 PM
I had an idea for your meter Zulithe.

for the rocks that you regain health from, why not have the rocks look like graal rocks?

In the zip there is rock_full.gif and blackrock_full.gif, which are the rocks when they are full and there is rock_gone.gif and blackrock_gone.gif, they are the same but to make it easier to use I made both.

I just fixed my sig, it was trying to find the file on my computer, now it's trying to find the file on my homepage, on my school's web page. http://www.maroondahsc.vic.edu.au/7nmcguir

plz give me your comments on my sig and the rocks.:p :D :) :cool: :p :D :) :cool:

toad1413
05-17-2001, 04:25 PM
sorry, the zip didn't work

Zulithe
05-17-2001, 05:23 PM
Yeah those balls I planned on replacing them with a rock or something of that sort. Thanks for the rock graphics I'll probably end up using at least one of those.

Good work on the sig too, keep it up!

Lomgren
05-18-2001, 02:25 AM
Ah, it is nice to see work on the Zulites starting up in earnest again. I unfortunately have become busy with other things, which is why I haven't been able to help much. Keep up the good work! :D

Aidoggy
05-19-2001, 04:18 AM
yeah after all this you cant stop making it hehe ;)

General
05-19-2001, 08:36 AM
No thanks to you i have already made my Bomy Script and i have mae scripts for many other races too, of course since all you ppls are so jerky and crap, i refuse to share them with u

Zulithe
05-19-2001, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by General
No thanks to you i have already made my Bomy Script and i have mae scripts for many other races too, of course since all you ppls are so jerky and crap, i refuse to share them with u Not all of us are jerks :(

If you want to help us create some new races, please do! We are very eager for new talent to help us with any race, or start your own and we'll help you as well :)

General
05-19-2001, 02:11 PM
Your one of the few left in this world...

toad1413
05-19-2001, 04:05 PM
I just joined the crew and I'm helping!

So not everyone here does nothing

05-19-2001, 05:20 PM
Originally posted by Zulithe

First of all, the latest Zulite has been uploaded. All of the walking graphics are finally done. There are a few legs on there that I need to delete so don't pay any attention to them :D

Secondly thank you toad for your opinions. You made your first post ever in this thread, yay!

I understand that some people like THTs better, everyone has different tastes. There are several reasons why I started my own...

1) THT didn't ever finish his
2) I didn't feel that I could complete it because I can't emulate his style close enough
3) I didn't care for his design very much

If someone wants to complete his, then go ahead. We are gonna need many many different Zulite bodies, so the more the marrier. If you don't like my design as much, that is cool. But I hope you don't think it sucks because I have worked very hard on it.

If you want to help, here is what I need:

I need ideas for a new health system, different than both bomies AND humans. I need something original but not too complicated, it is best to keep things relatively simple.

And like I mentioned we need MANY MANY more templates. I know that people can't really get started on making any until the first one is done though, so I'm working as fast as I can.

Thanks, see ya

I like yours a lot more
sorry i've been too busy to finish mine
each day it seems i have more and more ideas to work on...
ack

FxChiP
05-19-2001, 10:16 PM
Somehow, I need to find a way to check all spaces between 1-3 ahead of the player at the exact same time for walls..

Damn simply walking as a zulite is pissing me off! :(

FatherDante
05-19-2001, 11:06 PM
I don't see why the Zulithe health system has to be completely different from bomys and humans.

Every health system I've ever seen is point based in one way or another. Unless you want some weird logarithmic or root based health system (Which would be kind of stupid anyway) the only difference is in the presentation.

General
05-20-2001, 12:20 AM
Maybe you could do some sort of eye color thing, but i think that would be pretty hard with all the setcoloreffect blah which doesn't even work on my comp thank you very much stefan

Zulithe
05-20-2001, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
I don't see why the Zulithe health system has to be completely different from bomys and humans.

Every health system I've ever seen is point based in one way or another. Unless you want some weird logarithmic or root based health system (Which would be kind of stupid anyway) the only difference is in the presentation. It is going to be different from Bomy healthy system because, quite simply actually, it is the #1 most requested feature for Zulites. Don't ask me why... but people really want it, so I'm still thinking of the best possible way to implement something new. I have an aftergrad party to attend tonight so I can't work on them today but perhaps tomorrow. Don't worry... I am a busy person but I will not give up, they will be finished as soon as humanly possible.

FxChip thanks for helping with the scripts, it really REALLY means a lot to me! You are the only person working on it so don't give up

THT thanks for your complement, I know you have been real busy too but hopefully you'll get started on a new race of your own or something ^_^

General we have thought about using setcoloreffect for eyes but so far no official announcement

btedji
05-20-2001, 03:26 AM
Everyone, i was thinking of a new health system look.

How bout we make a circle that is in "pie" parts. I dont have this made but i could make a prototype. If you like the idea of pie health bars (circle with pie cuts) say so. Then i will make a prototype gif.

Oh yeah and they will be filled in with a certain color, when all pie cuts are empty or black then u die.

What do u think?

-Dustin

Zulithe
05-20-2001, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by btedji
Everyone, i was thinking of a new health system look.

How bout we make a circle that is in "pie" parts. I dont have this made but i could make a prototype. If you like the idea of pie health bars (circle with pie cuts) say so. Then i will make a prototype gif.

Oh yeah and they will be filled in with a certain color, when all pie cuts are empty or black then u die.

What do u think?

-Dustin Hmmm I dunno O.o

But hey, give it a shot! We're open to any and all ideas. And even if we don't use it for Zulites, someone developing another race might like our idea and want to use it.

BTW today should be a big step for the Zulite, I know I've been saying this but hopefully today I can finish the template 100%, I will post it once it's done (currently at about 90%)

So for all you scripters, get cracking! Once the template is done I'll make a post in the scripting forum to recruit some talent anyway :D

toad1413
05-21-2001, 01:39 PM
Sorry, I won't be able to help for a little bit, I'm banned from graal until I'm up to date with my homework. Sorry everyone.

05-22-2001, 11:38 PM
cool

Cyboars
05-23-2001, 12:13 AM
Sorry, I won't be able to help for a little bit, I'm banned from graal until I'm up to date with my homework. Sorry everyone.
Thats the breaks, kid..

"Ranma: Uky-chan, why didn't you turn back into a guy?!

Ukyo: I've allways been a girl, jackass!"
(Quote from Ranma 1/2 --Dubbed by 'Kitty')

toad1413
05-23-2001, 02:41 PM
I'm nearly finished! hope to get on on friday.

unfortunately, one of my family's computer's monitor died on sunday. =\

(sorry, let's try to get back to the original thread.)

Tyhm
05-23-2001, 02:53 PM
If you use the skin as a body, and use the color indexes, maybe you could have Zulithes able to color change like humans...?

And FX, check the Baddy Skins script, it's got the for-loop onwall working correctly.

Komieko
05-26-2001, 08:56 AM
Zulithe finish the template so In can make my own!COME ON!hehe

Zulithe
05-26-2001, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Komieko
Zulithe finish the template so In can make my own!COME ON!hehe I'm trying, I swear. But Asuka left me in charge of Dustari while he is on vacation, it takes up a lot of my time. It will be finished soon, just watch :)

crbgraal
05-27-2001, 12:31 AM
I CAN DO GANIS!
i can't do gifs well, my scripts aren't that grate, but i can do ganis!:)

Krakken_2001
05-27-2001, 10:31 AM
Zulite r cool

crbgraal
05-27-2001, 10:26 PM
Originally posted by Krakken_2001
Zulite r cool
Then why dont you help us out? i'm not working now because i'm hopeing to do ganis and the sprite set is not done

toad1413
05-29-2001, 03:42 PM
No one is posting on here anymore. What happened to the Zulites!? I can't do anything until my family gets a new monitor. (read back to see why) But that doesn't mean no one else can! We need to start getting back into the spirit again. Come on, we can get this done!

evilive
05-30-2001, 04:33 AM
Once again.... interesting.....

I would help, but unfortunately, I'm the head of the Bomy department......

crbgraal
05-30-2001, 06:43 AM
AHHH! Evillve you must change your sign!
This is me...
...and here i go
is copyright antigo!

Zulithe
05-30-2001, 07:18 AM
Guys guys guys. Things are going slow, but things are going slow for graal IN GENERAL so it's no surprise.

We have about 3 bodies (counting the original template) being worked on at the moment (one is for a female zulite!)

Prepare for some big news concerning Zulites pretty soon!

here is something to look at until then: the final zulite template design (missing a few minor frames which are to be added today)

Oh and the life bar is going to be redesigned but that is the basic premise for it (four holes for rocks)

Zulithe
05-30-2001, 07:20 AM
Here is something you can fool with for now.

Use this level to walk around as a Zulite (using the new template)

toad1413
05-30-2001, 03:34 PM
Are you going to use my rock templates Zulithe?:confused:

CrazedMerlin
05-31-2001, 10:04 AM
Not bad, Zul

everandom
06-01-2001, 07:21 PM
wow... rapid progress is this race going to be in 2K1?

toad1413
06-01-2001, 08:27 PM
Originally posted by everandom

wow... rapid progress is this race going to be in 2K1?

well, it's not really that rapid. We've been working on it for a while.
Ask Zulithe, he's the unofficial leader.:D :D

It probably is going to be in 2K1, if we get it finished.

toad1413
06-01-2001, 08:31 PM
BTW, I'm going to make a promo sig for the Zulites.

Kaimetsu
06-01-2001, 10:36 PM

Ask Zulithe, she's the unofficial leader.:D :D

Zulithe = female?!?

crbgraal
06-01-2001, 11:08 PM
I dont know. i'v knowen him/her for a long time and i still dont know

Kaimetsu
06-01-2001, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by crbgraal
I dont know. i'v knowen him/her for a long time and i still dont know

I'd be surprised if the Zulster was female.

One thing I do know,though, is that his homepage is rather nice. The personal additions to the source code make it all the more friendly and welcoming :)

manton
06-02-2001, 12:16 AM
Haha,Yeah,Zul is a guy.

I started a Zulite just for fun,it sorta looks like a bug. 0_o

vergil
06-02-2001, 03:54 AM
Originally posted by manton
Haha,Yeah,Zul is a guy.

yes you should take off the "scales" things and make it more rocklike

Zulithe
06-02-2001, 07:06 AM
Just to clarify, I am most certainly a male. ^_^ What, do I seem too girly?

vergil
06-02-2001, 07:56 AM
nah... not at all

toad1413
06-02-2001, 09:48 AM
Anyone like my Promo sig for the Zulites?

CrazedMerlin
06-02-2001, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by manton
Haha,Yeah,Zul is a guy.

haha
good job :)
your a creative merlin =)

toad1413
06-02-2001, 10:21 AM
Can we get back to doing stuff for the Zulites?

Zulithe
06-02-2001, 10:38 AM
Can we get back to doing stuff for the Zulites? We are, I'm working on it as we speak, I now have Beowulf scripting, and I need people to work on new skins. ICQ ME IF YOU WANT TO WORK ON A SKIN!

toad1413
06-02-2001, 03:16 PM
Has ANYONE seen my promo sig?:confused: :confused:

crbgraal
06-02-2001, 11:16 PM
Yep! ME! i like it. i wana do ganis. it's all i'm good at(I can kinda do levels, and im gret with ideas. but we are past that stage now(I tihnk))

Fai
06-02-2001, 11:18 PM
i got a supar idea for a zoolite skin i should try and mack it

Zulithe
06-03-2001, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Fai
i got a supar idea for a zoolite skin i should try and mack it first try to make good grades in english, then try

everandom
06-03-2001, 12:35 PM
ooh.. ill be waiting for it... :)
prob. i change class again :D

vergil
06-06-2001, 10:16 PM
yes, mack it, yes very good, go mack it right now

Huggles
06-08-2001, 12:32 AM
NOW MACK IT!,
MACK IT [email protected]

Huggles
06-13-2001, 08:20 AM
I hope you enjoy this template.... Its not precise but its a start.............

Before its released I want to add some head butt features =-)

Huggles
06-13-2001, 08:20 AM
grrrrrrrrrr

Huggles
06-13-2001, 08:21 AM
I thought there would be something different then iron armor so I made a armor guy with clay

Fai
06-17-2001, 11:09 PM
Would a Zulite like the on in my Avatar be accepted?

Tyhm
06-18-2001, 06:17 AM
Noo, it am got feet!

AlexH
06-18-2001, 07:52 AM
Hey
I have the bomy script so i could help make the Zulite.
If you want me to help email me at
[email protected]

Sjc2k1
06-18-2001, 07:54 AM
alex i thought kyle had gotten you

AlexH
06-18-2001, 08:02 AM
in not alex
im boab

Sjc2k1
06-18-2001, 08:05 AM
oh so you are alexs twin so how did kyle not get you

Zulithe
06-18-2001, 01:47 PM
Great. I'm finally unbanned. Some Zulite updates:

Captain USA is helping to develop some new sprite ideas before we freeze the template.

If you want to help with the script, e-mail me at [email protected] and I'll send you a template and some gani to work with.

Fai your graphic looks awesome but it is not a Zulite ^_^ as mentioned, yours has legs.

Ummm let's see what else... Oh, we are going to make some of the skins "kingdom exclusive" so that only certain kingdoms can use certain Zulite skins! Some rocks are found only in certain parts of the world, this rule will help to reflect that! Certain Zulites are only known to inhabit certain landscapes, etc. Example, Samurai is locate in a very well vegitated area, so maybe some moss-covered Zulites would exist there, etc. That type of stuff.

Maybe we can have Zulite Admins (just like Bomy Admins) to help determin which Zulites will go where, amongst other things. Or better yet, remove Bomy admins, replace with Race Admins.

Does anyone not like this idea? (actually I'm sure some won't... but give me good reasons why)

toad1413
06-18-2001, 04:35 PM
I like it. I could be Race Admin. Zormite Zulites could be a bit blue, because they live underwater kinda. Why were you banned in the first place Zulithe?

Fai
06-18-2001, 07:28 PM
hows about if i took off the feet and had him walk with his hands

crbgraal
06-18-2001, 10:14 PM
That would work, fai.(Use the gun!)
and good ideas Zuluth. altohou we will have to have some that are useible only to people not in any kingdom to balince it out.......
but non-kingdom giulds(LOG,SM,umm...... LAT[It has a tag, its a guild to the program]) might thrigh it off.

Zulithe
06-19-2001, 04:26 AM
Yeah, don't worry. Most of the skins ANYONE can use. Only a handful will be Kingdom-exclusive. Maybe three or so per Kingdom. Just to help set each Kingdom apart and add more flavor ^_^

crbgraal
06-19-2001, 09:31 PM
hmm.... ok. i cold live with 1 per kingdom, with the exeption of zormite(they have the zormite bodys)

Komieko
07-03-2001, 09:47 AM
AH!This is dying when it was actually in production and everything!

Kaimetsu
07-03-2001, 09:28 PM
Yeah, it's a pity. The Drakkara need graphics and the Zormite need scripts, and neither has time to help the other.

(Well, Drakkara also need script ganis, but that's another story)

Komieko
07-03-2001, 11:54 PM
*cough*Drakkara intro is cool but the race is kinda boring*cough*

Kaimetsu
07-03-2001, 11:55 PM
What would you suggest I add to it? The graphics are gonna be totally redone and I'm gonna add sounds too. I'm also thinking about a projectile weapon, but we'll have to wait and see.

Lion'el-Jonson
07-04-2001, 12:32 AM
I don't like the Drakkara with the grey helmet head.....

Kaimetsu
07-04-2001, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by Lion'el-Jonson
I don't like the Drakkara with the grey helmet head.....

That's gonna change when I get some eight-directional heads from somebody.

zokemon
07-04-2001, 10:53 AM
the grafics look cool but that script is much, well.... it sucks basicly (no offence) do disabledefmovement; ive already made a ton of races and thats the best way

Kaimetsu
07-04-2001, 08:13 PM
Originally posted by zokemon
the grafics look cool but that script is much, well.... it sucks basicly (no offence) do disabledefmovement; ive already made a ton of races and thats the best way

What script are you talking about, silly person?

Tolerian28
07-04-2001, 09:49 PM
hasn't the zulite race been finished yet :(

Zulithe
07-04-2001, 11:02 PM
If you mean the Zulite script, well, Stefan made it I think ^_^

The Zulite needs a scripter, that is all we need to get this thing done. I can't script and have no desire to learn, I need help. Also everyone who was helping me to make other skins, well, NONE of them have actually made a completed skin so we still only have one skin!

Maybe people don't like this project because it was named after me? Maybe I should change the name. Any ideas?

Until a scripter comes forward this project will forever be on hold.

Kaimetsu
07-05-2001, 10:19 PM
I can't do voluntary scripting work until I get a lot more free time. Maybe one day, but it's unlikely. Have you got the ganis built up, though?

Zulithe
07-05-2001, 10:36 PM
Here are all the files. I did have all of the gani done BUT there was a problem with the template that needed to be fixed, and now all the old ganis don't work because it was rearranged slightly. Gani are very simple to make anyway, but anyway, here are all the files right in one simple .zip. There are one or two gani that I started on which may work... I haven't checked in a while so I'm not sure if they are the old ones or not.

I'm very busy and I don't have time to mess with it now. Sigh. If I had someone to help me a few months ago, It would have been done and online by now. But.... oh well.

Here are the files. do with them what you will, anyone who is reading this. It contains the current script, template, etc. :(

Solareon
07-05-2001, 11:11 PM
I have a script of it that is almost perfectly identical, I think it lacks a few things here and there like setbomy but it does a good job. if you want it send me a pm, then someone else can rescript it for the zulithes

Kaimetsu
07-05-2001, 11:37 PM
I'd scrap Stefan's script (except maybe for the movement stuff - that stuff takes ages) and do it myself, personally. What exactly is the Zulite features list? What do they do and stuff?

zokemon
07-19-2001, 06:59 AM
ok now the script is better

Zulithe
07-19-2001, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
I'd scrap Stefan's script (except maybe for the movement stuff - that stuff takes ages) and do it myself, personally. What exactly is the Zulite features list? What do they do and stuff? I had a document that outlined it all, but it's not on the harddrive I am currently using. If you search through this thread... it SHOULD be in here somewhere. If not it will be in the old one (there is a link to the old thread on the first page of this one)

grim_squeaker_x
07-19-2001, 07:16 PM
I had a document that outlined it all, but it's not on the harddrive I am currently using. If you search through this thread... it SHOULD be in here somewhere. If not it will be in the old one (there is a link to the old thread on the first page of this one)

Knightoffrost
07-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Here are all the files. I did have all of the gani done BUT there was a problem with the template that needed to be fixed, and now all the old ganis don't work because it was rearranged slightly. Gani are very simple to make anyway, but anyway, here are all the files right in one simple .zip. There are one or two gani that I started on which may work... I haven't checked in a while so I'm not sure if they are the old ones or not.

I'm very busy and I don't have time to mess with it now. Sigh. If I had someone to help me a few months ago, It would have been done and online by now. But.... oh well.

Here are the files. do with them what you will, anyone who is reading this. It contains the current script, template, etc. :(

Cool! I took a look at it =D it's nice

Knightoffrost
07-20-2001, 11:45 AM
Maybe their should be nocturnel ones aswell.
Ones that live in caves and/or underground and such.

_AcidIce_
08-17-2001, 07:24 AM
Zulites are much better then Bomy's ... i figured out to script a bomy type character for my server (actually Liquidice and me) and we have it so it follows you when you say come and when you say walk it walks its pretty cool and it has one command like addsay lol -> your funny .... so if you say lol it says your funny but were working on more and PLZ don't steal the idea

_AcidIce_
08-17-2001, 07:24 AM
and its already up .. you have to get a whistle and then get a egg from some dude

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 08:00 AM
I ujst realized that zulites look like those 2 legged things from metroid... you know, the ones that ar big and they jump around and kill you, and the metriod sux all of it's energy out of them? I hope no one said this before in this thread...

(I had that song from norfair stuck in my head all day, the really hot norfair):(

Tyhm
08-17-2001, 09:27 AM
Sidehoppers

LilbrojX
08-17-2001, 10:33 AM
Sidehoppers

:eek: EXACTLY! YOUR A GENIUS TYHM! lol

ReptilioWarlock
08-18-2001, 12:07 PM
Zulites Rule!

Komieko
08-23-2001, 12:02 AM
Mo0ving it up for Stefan to see.Or any experienced scripter to see and help with *cough*

Tyhm
08-23-2001, 06:37 AM
Started on it. Template is missing way too much still: no sitting, no sleeping, no getting hurt, no dying, no lifting/carrying from the sides...I added that, but I mean, c'mon, I'm a scripter, and a busy one at that.

First priority I think should be getting them at the level of humans, like the Baddy Skin, once they can do the basic stuff we can make them roll around and stuff...that's easy, I could code a weapon for Rolling in half an hour if I had a complete Zulite, capable of walking and stuff.

Here's my ganis and very-slightly-added-to template. The enclosed level is just basically the Baddy Skin, I got halfway through the replaceanis and realized there's no way I can finish it as is...swim and lava are easy, I can just put the rolling animations instead of the regular heads in those, I guess the same for sleep, but there's no sitting or shooting or any of the important default thingies. Maybe instead of shooting it rolls? *shrugs*

toad1413
09-11-2001, 03:19 PM
We NEED to get going on this again!! People, we're just letting this drop further and further behind. I remember the Zulite promo graphic I made ages ago. Maybe I should post it here again to try and get some more insentive. We've gone too far on this to just stop, but we have. WE NEED TO GET STARTED ON IT AGAIN!!!!! :( :(

Oops. I'm an idiot. I meant to post it here. So here's it. Put it in your sig.http://toad.xg-net.com/Graal/Zulite_Promo.gif Please everyone, we need to get started again. :(

kfa_2000
09-13-2001, 01:37 PM
zulites should move really slow underwater, so the need to jump ontoa bomy (player or pet) and ride them over=)

and bomys and zulits should join forces and kill pkers ( the ones int he admin house who stole 10g of me=( )

Merlin
09-23-2001, 09:23 PM
anyone notice stefan's script says
// NPC made by myow

stefan has a new name i see ;)