PDA

View Full Version : Castle Braistorming

Darklux
05-01-2006, 11:06 PM
Do you miss a certain room or a certain function in our current castle, and would like to see this room or function in a new castle?

Submit your ideas here, please write your rank and full zormite name under every suggestion.

Suggested rooms so far:

- Armory (maybe really useable?)
- Briefing Room

- Vice Chancellor Darklux Walvishunter

Draenin
05-01-2006, 11:16 PM
- Moat

Darklux
05-01-2006, 11:17 PM
- Moat
Although your Samurai, the idea is not bad.
But I think its alot of work building one because of tileset/terrain limitations

Draenin
05-01-2006, 11:25 PM
Although your Samurai, the idea is not bad.How does being a member of Samurai make a difference?

Darklux
05-01-2006, 11:48 PM
Because you will most likely never use the rooms that you suggest ;p, and rooms which will be maybe really used by players maybe have a higher priority.

Draenin
05-02-2006, 12:04 AM
Because you will most likely never use the rooms that you suggest ;p, and rooms which will be maybe really used by players maybe have a higher priority.Nothing in the universe is ever certain. ;]

Darklux
05-02-2006, 12:10 AM
Nothing in the universe is ever certain. ;]
Yeah but I dont think a King of a kingdom ever quit only the job in his kingdom and changed to another position in another kingdom ;p; most of the time they quit graal too, then.

GryffonDurime
05-02-2006, 12:11 AM
Although your Samurai, the idea is not bad.
But I think its alot of work building one because of tileset/terrain limitations

Not really. Lower the tiles around the castle and make a bridge over it. Not difficult at all.

How about a cathedral to Saint Zoron the Blessed?:P

Darklux
05-02-2006, 12:25 AM
Not really. Lower the tiles around the castle and make a bridge over it. Not difficult at all.

How about a cathedral to Saint Zoron the Blessed?:P

a) maybe if the castle is on flatland
b) I will think about something cultish

c (to everyone)) What about a raffle room? XD

Googi
05-02-2006, 01:00 AM
Yeah but I dont think a King of a kingdom ever quit only the job in his kingdom and changed to another position in another kingdom

I can think of several times this has happened.

Damix2
05-02-2006, 01:43 AM
I can think of several times this has happened.
Present

AlaricoMontario
05-10-2006, 04:58 AM
Mage tower.

Darklux
05-10-2006, 02:35 PM
Mage tower.

I actually like the idea and I think I will build it in.

More ideas?
Like a castle postoffice, or something

AlaricoMontario
05-11-2006, 05:13 AM
A small housing sector? I know most castles had people living inside in their huts, for protection from any aggression that might come their Monarch's way.

Maybe making a nice little plot where there are about 10 spots of land with fences around, for people to build and/or move houses to?

AlaricoMontario
05-11-2006, 05:15 AM
A small housing sector? I know most castles had people living inside in their huts, for protection from any aggression that might come their Monarch's way.

Maybe making a nice little plot where there are about 10 spots of land with fences around, for people to build and/or move houses to?

Darklux
05-11-2006, 05:02 PM
We could just enlarge the castle and allow high-rank members to build their houses inside the castle.

Draenin
05-11-2006, 05:09 PM
Elitism. Bosh tried to do that crap when he was in Samurai during Nayoko's reign.

Darklux
05-11-2006, 05:13 PM
Elitism. Bosh tried to do that crap when he was in Samurai during Nayoko's reign.

We could give out castle houseground for events or great deeds, too.

Draenin
05-11-2006, 05:24 PM
And promote favoritism all the while.

Darklux
05-11-2006, 07:28 PM
And promote favoritism all the while.
You are saying that noone should get it, but if people really engage for our Kingdom why shouldnt they get that kind of benefit?

Draenin
05-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Because:

- It can be abused.
- It will clutter the castle yards.
- The same structures can be built outside of the castle.
- It will make a castle more subjected to break-ins using bugs or otherwise.
- Ranks and rights are under the jurisdiction of leaders most of the time, and not all leaders make wise decisions.

No, I don't think people should get special benefit to live inside the castle walls. It defeats the purpose of having a stronghold. You might as well just build big walls around the entire island.

AlaricoMontario
05-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Because:

It defeats the purpose of having a stronghold. You might as well just build big walls around the entire island.

Admittedly..a. nice NPC wall around the entire island would take the palce of destroyable fortifications........

:)

Draenin
05-11-2006, 08:23 PM
Isn't needed. Fortifications would do just as well. Besides, I'm sure you wouldn't like to not be able to land anywhere on the isle but the docks.

AlaricoMontario
05-14-2006, 06:37 PM
Dark I'll be working on some inside levels, so if you can add a hallway for the bureaucracy, I can provide everything beyond the door.