PDA

View Full Version : The Dragon Returns

Draenin
04-30-2006, 07:54 PM
After long Exile ordered by the Zalinto family, I have returned from seclusion on Forest Isle. For those of you who do not know me, I am Ryujin, draconic guardian of this kingdom and all others in need.

Samurai has grown into such a quiet place since I last saw its soils. Many of the townspeople have vacated their lands, possibly in search of greener plains, and many of the buildings lie useless. It is sad to see things as they are, but it doesn't give anyone any reason to be in shambles, like our old earthy monuments. So, I will set forth these goals upon my succesion to my new responsibilities:

1. I shall re-order the rankings, leaving no position to be impractical.
2. I shall attempt to re-establish townships, complete with a healthy population, governing bodies, and proper housing organization.
3. I shall work to rebuild the naval forces, as well as properly fortify the island, which may impose material requirements, but aid the kingdom's development in the long run.
4. I shall work to restore use of NightHawks island, as well as some other areas of the island that may need some maintenance.
5. I shall write up a new constitution, as well as requirements for joining. In the requirements, I will not include any such references to roleplaying, for I feel the question is not needed if a leader applies the proper methods of encouragement and discipline when they are called for.
6. I shall work diligently on making improvements to the kingdom itself, though the work may be strenuous.

I hope that everyone can be at ease with my leadership being set in place, and if there is any unrest about anything, please come to me about it first.

Thank you.

Sam
04-30-2006, 07:59 PM
Good luck to you!

CidNight1142
04-30-2006, 08:50 PM
Congrats Drae. Exciting times for kingdoms with you and Googi getting a chance at leadership.

Zero Hour
04-30-2006, 08:52 PM
Exciting times for kingdoms with you and Googi getting a chance at leadership.
Yes, should be good.

Craigus
04-30-2006, 08:54 PM
I think your find Nighthawks island is property of Dustari :p

Draenin
04-30-2006, 09:13 PM
I think your find Nighthawks island is property of Dustari I think you'll find that I'll be sure to rectify that.

Update: If it is indeed Dustari Land, I just asked for it back from Fr0, who approved the notion. I will be making Nighthawks Samurai's territory for the time being.

Morinya
04-30-2006, 11:43 PM
I think you'll find that I'll be sure to rectify that.

Update: If it is indeed Dustari Land, I just asked for it back from Fr0, who approved the notion. I will be making Nighthawks Samurai's territory for the time being.

The Nighthawks Island was given back to Samurai when I ruled. But it is a good idea to do something with the Island.

MadScience7
05-01-2006, 12:20 AM
Congrats Draenin ! I look forward to working with you again.

Alan

sage_scooby
05-01-2006, 01:44 AM
Congrats Drae. Exciting times for kingdoms with you and Googi getting a chance at leadership.

It is nice to see some fresh faces come up. Hopefully some more kingdoms interaction will arise from this also.

myth-simba
05-01-2006, 01:46 AM
if samurai gets back on it's feet it will make the waters for us pirates that little more dangerous. and i love danger xD

Googi
05-01-2006, 02:00 AM
I think your find Nighthawks island is property of Dustari :p

Old'd.

Draenin
05-01-2006, 02:32 AM
First thing I really wanna do is get the gears grinding again between kingdoms by doing stuff spontaneously, instead of planning it out, which is why I called a lot of people together today to have a small get-together at the Gazebo.

Oh, and goal 1 is already complete.

Waltz5
05-01-2006, 03:01 AM
The ranks that were in place were based on Feudal Japan, the Edo Period. These are just, well... all over the place in my opinion. Good luck.

/kingdom leave

Draenin
05-01-2006, 03:32 AM
Some of the rankings are from a time you wouldn't remember, others are transliterated rankings based on ones from the Edo period as well. Don't get all huffy because I reorganized the ranks that you created a few weeks ago and neglected to assign to 80% of the population.

You should've come to me first about it, but I'm not going to stop you, because we've already had this chat in-game.

TheJames
05-01-2006, 03:40 AM
The ranks were made horrible. All the people that were in Kingdom longer were de-ranked or given terrible ranks.

I for one, along with Tempist and Kyden

/kingdom leave

Waltz5
05-01-2006, 03:47 AM
Don't get all huffy because I reorganized the ranks that you created a few weeks ago and neglected to assign to 80% of the population.
I don't believe I was ever "huffy." I left Samurai, you asked why, I gave you my reasons.

Damix2
05-01-2006, 03:48 AM
If anyone wants to know my standing - I have also left. I don't enjoy a lot of ranks.

Draenin
05-01-2006, 04:01 AM
And then you have the audacity to tell me you still want to do Dev for Samurai even though you're not a part of it anymore. You'll remain on ignore.

Jump ship if you want. I sort of expected this negativity with a Kingdom that sets its standards so low.

Damix2
05-01-2006, 04:23 AM
Oh no negativity. I wish you the best of luck. I just have a pet peeve and I can't deal with that. Same thing with 3 pronged forks. And girls who wear Uggs with Mini skirts.

I offered to help untill you find your own. Shoot me.

Waltz5
05-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Jump ship if you want. I sort of expected this negativity with a Kingdom that sets its standards so low.
No need to get huffy, I mean only 5 of the best standing members of Samurai left.

Lylic
05-01-2006, 04:32 AM
I handed Samurai over to you in confidence. I don't know the whole story about any of this, but don't make me regret handing Samurai over.

Googi
05-01-2006, 04:44 AM
Mahoutsukai? (http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/5271/pageshot6sn.png)

GryffonDurime
05-01-2006, 05:05 AM
Mahoutsukai? (http://www.animenfo.com/animetitle,1132,ixuwcv,mahou_tsukai_ni.html)

Mahou=Magic
Tsukai=User
An appropriate literal translation would be more like magician or sorceror.

Also, Madoutsukai would be dark-magic user, and masoutsukai would be twin-magic user.

Googi
05-01-2006, 07:04 AM
Mahou=Magic
Tsukai=User
An appropriate literal translation would be more like magician or sorceror.

Also, Madoutsukai would be dark-magic user, and masoutsukai would be twin-magic user.

I see...

Senpai? (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/googi/lollersenpai.jpg)

Draenin
05-01-2006, 01:54 PM
Senpai = Elder

As I said, a lot of it is transliterated stuff, so you're bound to see it elsewhere too.

I guess I don't mind if you guys leave, but please understand it was sort of like a slap in the face for me, because I didn't know it would happen, and didn't want it to. The one thing I ask is that you guys don't become my enemies because of the ranks being reorganized.

Draenin
06-24-2006, 11:09 AM
Goals 3, 4, 5 complete. (Sorry for the double-post.)