04-27-2006, 05:03 PM
:cool:

konidias
04-27-2006, 05:04 PM
:redface:

Malinko
04-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Whoa.

I assume konidias is attempting to impress a group of people, that or Stefan.

Nice! I like the modified versions of the tileset that was created, for some reason, I like that cartoonish, GraalOnline look. Though, the state, I'm not too sure if I like that.

Darlene159
04-27-2006, 05:26 PM
I like it, it's different

xAndrewx
04-27-2006, 05:28 PM
This should've been the 2k1 that was released.

Malinko
04-27-2006, 05:32 PM
This should've been the 2k1 that was released.
Things can change, it's been than never.

Andy0687
04-27-2006, 08:44 PM
Lots of systems i remember seeing from Oasis, so its nothing new particulary. I guess its better to use the content then waste it? I dunno.

konidias
04-27-2006, 09:08 PM
Only the inventory system is from Oasis, and I had to do a major overhaul on it to adapt it to 2k1. I also felt it was better to use it then waste it. Mainly because 2k1 needed a better inventory and I've fallen in love with this one because it's pretty flexible.

Oh, and the graphics for the inventory are old, including the message box thing, so pay no mind to those.

As for what the screenshots are of... well I wanted to show off the birds and stuff that I've scripted. They will replace the old level restricted birds. These birds can:

- fly in 8 directions smoothly with very little sporadic movement
- fly all over the entire overworld map
- make 3 different noises
- come in 7 different types at the moment
- land on the ground and take off
- hop around on the ground

You can also use the newly revised catch net to catch a bird that has landed. The bird goes into your pets section in the inventory. When you drop the bird it is in a cage as shown in the snapshot. I made the cages different colors so it's easier to remember which birds are in them. Also the birds move around in the cages. You'll be able to sell the birds, so this is like a job that requires no initial money to perform. The net is still freely available in Harmonia.

They will also have other functions once obtained. You can use it as transportation, though it isn't very fast, it lets you hover over the ground so you can get over certain objects and hazards. You can also have your bird send items (including written notes) and gralat to other players on the overworld. :)

I'm really quite proud of the scripting and I've also scripted a nearly flawless human npc that will replace the robotic npcs such as Manny who are on fixed paths. These new npcs can walk all around a specific area (like an entire town) and they walk realistically and even face the same direction when moving diagonally as a player does. So far the npc can:

- say different things to you when you talk to it
- be caught with a catch net and react differently
- sit down in chairs for a while
- swim through water if need be
- follow you around
- perform simple pathfinding

Eventually they will be able to do many more things... and one of the most important things is that they can be used for quests and random events... such as they might want you to deliver something to another npc, or they might want you to get them an item, or they might be a way to start a quest for something, etc.

This is just a little example of the sort of detail I'm putting into this server.

CidNight1142
04-27-2006, 09:30 PM
Is this up and playable right now somewhere?

Darlene159
04-27-2006, 09:34 PM
snipHoly cow that sounds great. I would definately play this.
I hadn't played 2k1 for a long time, and didn't play alot when I did, but I really never saw what the hype was.
This, however, really appeals to me.

Are you working on 2k1 now??

DARKVILLIN
04-27-2006, 09:41 PM
bout damn time things got underway...

maximus_asinus
04-27-2006, 09:46 PM
I don't really like the grass in the tileset. It looks like waves in an ocean rather than rolling fields. I don't know how but to me, the new tileset accentuates the mediocrety of the old levels.

konidias
04-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Holy cow that sounds great. I would definately play this.
I hadn't played 2k1 for a long time, and didn't play alot when I did, but I really never saw what the hype was.
This, however, really appeals to me.

Are you working on 2k1 now??
Yes. :) Glad you like it.

Oh and maximus... it's not even supposed to be rolling fields. It's just a design on the grass for the heck of it. I was tired of looking at plain green squares.

The old levels will look tons better when I fix them up.

CidNight1142
04-27-2006, 10:11 PM
Answer my question too! :(:(:(

Darlene159
04-27-2006, 10:37 PM
Yes. :) Glad you like it. W00t!! :)

Darklux
04-27-2006, 10:39 PM
These Screenshots are really really impressive!

konidias
04-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Is this up and playable right now somewhere?
It's up and playable. Just not to the public. :)

The only thing with revising the server is that a lot of changes are going to go unnoticed by people after the release. Which is kinda disappointing but I guess it's to be expected. I mean there are going to be a lot of dramatic and obvious new things/changes... but at the same time there is a lot of small detail going in there which most people probably wont notice as new.

Like the bakery outside level looks crazy different compared to the old one, but if you're playing the new one for a minute you wouldn't really remember any real differences from the old one unless you really focused. I guess it's a good thing in a way though... My goal is to kind of make the transition from old "2001" 2k1 to new "2006" bomy island, without the server feeling foreign to oldbies.

Warcaptain
04-27-2006, 11:32 PM
I really dont like the tree roots x_x and especialy not the grass.

Spark910
04-28-2006, 12:54 AM
I really dont like the tree roots x_x and especialy not the grass.
Not sure the tree roots are that bad, the grass is different and may take some getting used to. I think some better grass could be made though.

Malinko
04-28-2006, 04:44 AM
Not sure the tree roots are that bad, the grass is different and may take some getting used to. I think some better grass could be made though.
Looks like the lawn in mowed in a certain direction.

MysticalDragon
04-28-2006, 06:06 AM
I don't know about you guys, but i havn't seen real development work like this in AGES.Good work Konidias and I hope you complete this project unlike Oaisis,Which was VERY impressive.

kingcj
04-28-2006, 06:34 AM
First off, awesome work. I look foward to seeing more and better developments, and if you need any help don't be afraid to ask us on here!
But I do want to know, how much more of a change can we expect? Like new jobs, the economy, kingdoms and guilds, bomy pets, hats, and whatever other information you feel like giving out.

konidias
04-28-2006, 07:18 AM
First off, awesome work. I look foward to seeing more and better developments, and if you need any help don't be afraid to ask us on here!
But I do want to know, how much more of a change can we expect? Like new jobs, the economy, kingdoms and guilds, bomy pets, hats, and whatever other information you feel like giving out.
Thanks! Well for new jobs there's the bird catching to replace the old version which was just weird in my opinion.... All of the old jobs, mining/farming/baking/milking/fishing are going to be updated with new graphics and items and systems, to try and make them more enjoyable and feel less like work. (I literally ran around catching birds for half an hour and it was fun haha) There will be bug catching which I think was already going to be implemented as there is a nice net graphic for it and stuff... so I'll add that as well. Farming will be more varied you can grow more stuff instead of just apples.

Baking will change as there will only be one bakery instead of seperate bakeries for bread and pies. You'll be able to make all sorts of baked stuff in the bakery instead of just bread. Even the way you go about baking is changed... You use a scythe to cut the wheat (scythe is free), which will finally put the wheat field to good use (new graphics as well), then you don't have to go through any maze, as you already might have to wait a moment for wheat to grow, so I removed that because it was just annoying. You also won't be able to just put wheat on a table and roll it... You have to knead it as well. You have to hit the correct arrow keys and each arrow key will make you knead the bread differently. Like squishing it, flattening it, tossing it in the air, etc... Then you roll it by pressing up and down with your arrow keys to move the roller up and down. No more "tappin one button" the whole time. The baking process is pretty much the same though. Oh and new gfx for everything there as well.

So that's just one job to give you an idea of what I mean by changes... Oh and there will also be a berry/nut picking job but I haven't worked the details out on that yet...

The economy... well the economy is going to be quite different. It might not sit well with people at first because I plan to change the value of a gralat. I'm going to make it so that 10 gralat = 1 US dollar, roughly. This way items in the game can be better priced for their value, not just made up on the spot. A bread roll might be 5 gralat, or 50 US cents... A shovel might be 100 gralat, or 10 US dollars... etc. That doesn't mean you're still going to get paid only 1 gralat or whatever for jobs... All of that would change accordingly.

The economy will have a lot more items... a LOT more items to circulate the market. Since clothing is all seperated they are all items... Then there are bird pets, new foods, new tools, etc.

Kingdoms will exist... the old ones that is. Dustari, Zormite, Pirates, Samurai. No new kingdoms nonsense, just focusing on making the old kingdoms a lot nicer. The pirates will have a cove which will replace the bomy moon in the middle of the map, and will be a quarter of the size of it. They also have a ship which can dock up next to the cove and a water cave entrance in the front as well as land cave entrances as well, and possibly a little wooden scout tower on the top where they can look out over the area or something. =P

Dustari will get a better looking castle, which will be less confusing. There will be a lot of renovating... and I mean a lot of renovating to the outside dustari area, because the birdbird levels I just can't stand...

Zormite will be at the diving spot and have an underwater castle. I'm making new graphics for zormites, and when you're in the zormite kingdom you can either look like a human or a zormite, it's up to you... You can look like a zormite by way of a morphing potion (I'll talk about that more some other time) ;)

Samurai will once again have a castle in the lower right side of the map, instead of that desert or whatever that nonsense is...

I am still set on having NPC's for kings. I know it will work out well and there are just too many reasons why human kings are not going to work for this server. The cool thing is, it's going to encourage you to roleplay, because the more you roleplay, the more "points" you'll get, and the more points you get, the higher up in rank you are... plus all sorts of other neat benefits for that kingdom...

You can obtain points by dressing in your kingdoms style of clothing, by attending kingdom events, by aiding the king, by protecting your kingdom, etc etc etc... These points won't be visible to you, but you'll soon understand what to do and not to do in your kingdom... Like for example an NPC walking around near your kingdom might tell you about some clothing that you should wear... or if there is a celebration being held you could bring the king a gift or something... Stuff like that. :P

Hat gfx will be remade as well as removing a lot of the crappier ones that don't fit in at all. They won't be as rare an item anymore as they will be competing with all sorts of articles of clothing. The hat shops around 2k1 will be remade into clothing shops.

Bomy pets will be a mix of all the good versions. You can ride them, feed them, program them to do things, etc.

Should I keep going? I could write an essay... haha

CidNight1142
04-28-2006, 07:28 AM
Is this stuff...done? I mean, alot of it sounds amazing, but is this like "I wrote it down on paper, and it might be done by 2028." Some of that sounds like pretty intense scripting, like the kingdom points and the bakery stuff. Hey, more power to you if it's done already though.

konidias
04-28-2006, 07:36 AM
Is this stuff...done? I mean, alot of it sounds amazing, but is this like "I wrote it down on paper, and it might be done by 2028." Some of that sounds like pretty intense scripting, like the kingdom points and the bakery stuff. Hey, more power to you if it's done already though.
Bakery stuff is pretty much done, yes. Just need to finish the scripting of taking the bread to the oven and baking it. All the dough kneading and rolling stuff is gani'd gfx'd and scripted already. :)

Kingdoms stuff I haven't started on yet. But I'm working on the server every single day that I'm home, so progress is going to be fast and furious. :)

I'm going to be in Chicago for Acen from May 5th-8th so I won't be working at all then... Also I'm moving to Tennessee at the end of May so there might be like a week or two when I won't be able to make any progress. But until then I have nothing but free time.

It would be nice if I had an active scripter helping me with some stuff... and one level maker is all I really need. I don't really need anyone to help but it would be nice.

NeoJenova
04-28-2006, 09:57 AM
So wait... maybe I'm a few threads late and asking what is only obvious, but konidias has taken the Manager position on G2K1?

I want comfirmation damnit.

konidias
04-28-2006, 11:19 AM
Yes... Lyndzey gave it to me and I guess Stefan has accepted me as manager. At first Lyndzey and I were going to just have me pose as a developer until release so that it wouldn't start any crap with old 2k1 staff members including Lance... But Lance really doesn't have a say in the matter anymore. He left Graal...

So yeah, I'm manager now.

Malinko
04-28-2006, 05:27 PM
At least there are updates on what is planned, what is done and not done, and what is being worked on.

Good luck, konidias.

Now I'm waiting for those forum signatures stating, "I SUPPORT THE GRAAL2001 REVISION!"

Spark910
04-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I've still got mine, purely because it would take too much effort to remove! Although I do still support it, so it's valid.

maximus_asinus
04-28-2006, 11:00 PM
I would wonder if it is possible to get a hold of the tileset you're using. I want a chance to work with it, and maybe if you're hiring some point down the road, I'll apply.

kingcj
04-30-2006, 06:49 AM
Are there going to be any more quests added? Are bomies going to be able to battle? Is fishing going to change? (Fishing is what i am good at on bomy lands lol) How about any new games? Anything else you can think of please inform us! And sorry for taking your time away from working on the server I will try not to bother you anymore!

Emily_Cruddas
04-30-2006, 07:18 AM
This is a heck of a lot better than the older version, i'll be really excited once you fix it enough to let the community on. Good job with all these nice ideas koni! ^^

konidias
04-30-2006, 12:48 PM
Are there going to be any more quests added? Are bomies going to be able to battle? Is fishing going to change? (Fishing is what i am good at on bomy lands lol) How about any new games? Anything else you can think of please inform us! And sorry for taking your time away from working on the server I will try not to bother you anymore!
Yes, lots of new quests. No they won't be able to battle by server release... Though there is always later.

Fishing is going to change considerably. There will be a larger variety of fishing rods, and they each have different strengths and weaknesses. They will vary in how far you can cast, how easy you can reel, and how strong it is as to not have bigger fish break free.

Fish will come in different sizes (like small, medium, large, huge, etc) and will be sold by their size, not weight. They also have more directions of animation so they look better in the water.

Casting is pretty much the same except you cast farther depending on what rod you have. When a fish bites, you just hold a button to reel it in, however when your fishing rod bends, you have to stop holding the button or else the line will break and you lose the fish. So it's a process that doesn't require constant button mashing, but it requires you to pay attention.

The weaker your rod, the easier it bends to fish. The stronger your reel is, the quicker you can reel them in... so it's kind of a good mix.

As far as games, nothing new is planned as of yet. I'm mainly focused on getting the more important content done, and making the server more immersive.

warp2ukew
04-30-2006, 05:45 PM
Don't reset again :X

konidias
04-30-2006, 06:45 PM
Don't reset again :X
There's no way to avoid it.

camelback
04-30-2006, 11:18 PM
Then konidias id suggest to you if you want success this time around remove the 5 gold for a sword and give everyone a sword, old bodies as well included. Id like to see the staff hiring for positions since most of them didnt even bother at all..

konidias
04-30-2006, 11:53 PM
You will get a sword immediately when you start. You'll also get a house. Whoops I've said too much. :)

VulcanP2P
05-01-2006, 02:21 AM
Whoops I've said too much. :)

Lies. You've said too little now. :cool:

xAndrewx
05-01-2006, 11:25 AM
I'm upset about the reset, but the graphics will make up for it :D

KuJi
05-01-2006, 12:49 PM
The pirates will have a cove which will replace the bomy moon in the middle of the map, and will be a quarter of the size of it.

Okay, so.. 40 people just quit Graal2001 right their.. because with that, I guess bomy's are gone too?

konidias
05-01-2006, 12:52 PM
Okay, so.. 40 people just quit Graal2001 right their.. because with that, I guess bomy's are gone too?
Umm... no. Bomies didn't exist solely because of the bomy moon crashing... In fact, the only bomies that came with the bomy moon are the evil ones, and they were kind of stupid.

KuJi
05-01-2006, 12:53 PM
Umm... no. Bomies didn't exist solely because of the bomy moon crashing... In fact, the only bomies that came with the bomy moon are the evil ones, and they were kind of stupid.

Yes... but.. the bomy moon creates the shape :(

** of the map/minimap

Brad
05-01-2006, 06:46 PM
orx :(

Damix2
05-01-2006, 09:52 PM
Yes... but.. the bomy moon creates the shape :(

** of the map/minimap

...there was a 2k1 without the moon you know.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
05-01-2006, 09:57 PM
This is..*rolls giant wheel*... PHENOMINAL!

camelback
05-01-2006, 11:14 PM
When will all of these "changes" be taking place? I've spent a lot of time on that server and id like to know when. What are you doing with the kingdoms? Are the ones in place now still going to be there? Im just curious on how this next attempt is going to be layed out. Lets see some things done and released. PH's, Hats, Staff openings etc..

konidias
05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
Um, they won't be released on the public server little by little. I'm going to re-release the server all together.

Releasing it little by little would be so idiotic that I cannot even comprehend the reasons for doing so. :P

I have no estimated release date but I am working on the server every day and I will prove it with updates every few days to show that things are getting done. I wouldn't expect it to be done by the end of this month though... probably more like 2-3 months from now... I'm moving at the end of the month so I dunno what that might do to development speed.

camelback
05-02-2006, 11:06 PM
Can we help you at all? Can we at least do events and make some minor changes to the server at the moment?

Mishra
05-02-2006, 11:13 PM
Looks great konidias. The inventory system reminds me of the Secret of Mana/Seiken Densetsu series, which I liked a lot. I'm assuming it functions like it too?

KuJi
05-03-2006, 05:59 AM
...there was a 2k1 without the moon you know.

bomy moon creates the minimap.. imagine that brown.. blue?

Lyndzey
05-03-2006, 01:05 PM
bomy moon creates the minimap.. imagine that brown.. blue?

That's how it was before.

Bomy Moon used to be completely water, except for a small section that was Jinn's Island.

KuJi
05-03-2006, 01:32 PM
I really don't remember much playing 2001 G2k1 more towards the end of that year (Septemberish), else, I just played Elven Lands, and then recieved some1's acct for a week to use G2k1, then I made 100g, and some1 CC Frauded my acct :o.. it got banned after 6 months in the yr.

So then, I had to.. get money and reupgrade.

konidias
05-03-2006, 02:28 PM
Yeah the bomy moon is hideous... It was once just all ocean there but it was too empty... They didn't have to go fill in the entire space, but I guess that's what happened. The cove will make it not so empty but it won't stretch over the entire body of water, so that it's easier to swim around...

I saw the bomy moon as a big nuisance. It was huge, in the way, and all it was there for was a little story about evil bomies coming and saying profanity and a quest to get faster shoes or whatever...

Mafukie
05-03-2006, 03:09 PM
Graal 2001, will always be a failure. Just scrap the server and put efforts into something worth while already.

konidias
05-03-2006, 03:40 PM
way to have a positive attitude!

Mafukie
05-03-2006, 04:04 PM
way to have a positive attitude!
When a server goes from 201 players opening day to 0 in about a week, it probably means that whatever you do with graphics or an inventory system will not help. I am positive, but you are trying to revive something that has died and been decaying for years now.

The main interest people had with Graal 2001 was making money to buy hats, and houses which was repetitive and annoying. The only thing the server had going for itself was the constant events.

I admire your dedication to this project, but as I had to learn you have to let some things go. (for me the way classic used to be)

konidias
05-03-2006, 04:58 PM
When a server goes from 201 players opening day to 0 in about a week, it probably means that whatever you do with graphics or an inventory system will not help. I am positive, but you are trying to revive something that has died and been decaying for years now.
Yes but it wasn't for lack of trying. It was because the release was worse than the original server.

It's not just new graphics and an inventory system by the way... If that's all I planned to do, I wouldn't have even taken on the project. You say the only other thing the server had going for itself was events. Well I'm going to change that. There will be more to do then just events and jobs. I'm making sure of that.

camelback
05-03-2006, 11:08 PM
Then as I said on my post at the top! Since you are the "Manager" can you at least give everyone a sword for free, make some small changes on the server with bodies and such, and get the server moving so it has a chance to populate before these "Big Changes" take place? That server is very useful why not give it a push.

konidias
05-04-2006, 01:17 AM
Hey camelback:

He typed this like on page 3
He's talking about on the current public server.

It would be a waste of time and effort to do anything at all to the public server. Why would I want people to start playing there? They would just be more irritated if they had to be reset on a server they are active on. There's no way I'm going to let someone else run bomy lands while I'm working on bomy island...

It would just be confusing and then when my server is ready for release people wouldn't understand why the active bomy lands server is being replaced. Not everyone reads the forums. :P

brock128
05-04-2006, 02:38 AM
I hate to be a "gloom and doom" type too but no matter who's working on it, 2k1 never seems to come back.

Still rooting for you, though. Everybody-gets-a-house makes me happy. :)