PDA

View Full Version : Swords problem

Yen
04-25-2006, 02:44 AM
Server has a custom attack system.
However, when a baddy swings it's sword, I'm being thrown back. It only happens when I use my old computer.
No other players are, only me. My AP is 100. The baddy's attack gani isn't 'sword,' nor is it based off the 'sword' gani.
hurt(), hitplayer(), and so on doesn't show up even once on the server.

What the **** is wrong? I'm running out of patience with these god damn useless bugs popping up out of nowhere.

Yen
04-25-2006, 02:52 AM
Okay, now it's effecting everyone.
It first started when I switched computers, but it only effected me, so I assumed it was the computer.
I came back to my other computer to find that it began effecting some other people.
Just now, it seems to be effecting everyone; the baddy's attack gani is throwing people back. :/

The baddy script wasn't touched. The script that catches damage wasn't touched. It just randomly started happening.

Yen
04-25-2006, 03:51 AM
Just to add to the fun, I did a reset to implement my new systems.

One staff member, account goldengangster, has limited communication with NPCs. The GUI and inventory use the same function to retrieve the number of items the player has.
His inventory receives the proper number, but his GUI receives 0.
The system won't let him use weapons.
When you do damage, it's unable to calculate the proper damage amounts, so he always takes 0. His attack doesn't send the triggeraction, but it shows the gani.

It's nothing of my fault, it only happens with this one person.. He's on v4, Windows, and so on.

Yen
04-25-2006, 04:33 AM
I'm just talking to myself, but hey.

It seems that if the player's using the same animation as the NPC, it makes the NPC's attack animation cause damage.

Any ideas hows to fix this?

Angel_Light
04-25-2006, 05:17 AM
try using a different animations? o_O

ApothiX
04-25-2006, 03:31 PM
replaceani("sword", "newswordani") causes the "newswordani" gani to deal damage when used.

Skyld
04-25-2006, 05:58 PM
I renamed your thread, please be more sensible with thread names.

Do you have the default movement system enabled anywhere?

Yen
04-25-2006, 08:42 PM
Do you have the default movement system enabled anywhere?

No, and the sword ani hasn't been replaced.