PDA

View Full Version : Tile set changing problem!

Shard_IceFire
07-05-2001, 12:47 AM
Ok, I have used the original pics1.png, and just changed some things, and I want to replace my old tile set with this one.
I went into the level editor and I did this:
addtiledef TDKpics1.png,worldom,0;
So far so good. I clicked play, and the tileset change appropriately, but the colors were set to "negative" and were all weird. What the heck is wrong?

Shard_IceFire
07-05-2001, 09:09 AM
SOMEONE?

Poogle
07-05-2001, 09:21 AM
I think it has to be named pics1.png too can i see them?

Shard_IceFire
07-05-2001, 11:16 AM
erm...then how would I do that without overwriting the old one? And NO you cannot see them, I want it to be a surprise with the release of my PW.

Solareon
07-05-2001, 12:48 PM
did you check for back pals? if they are there sometimes it can mess things up (if not used properly)

grim_squeaker_x
07-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Try adding: setbackpal TDKpics1.png; to the level, this will set the palette of the tiles to the palette used in your pics1.png

Shard_IceFire
07-05-2001, 11:02 PM
I did, but the colors still went to "negative" form. I think they're just something wrong with the command "addtiledef" because I made a duplicate pics1.png named "pics2.png" and I tried addtiledef pics2.png,worldom,0; and the colors still went funky

grim_squeaker_x
07-05-2001, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Shard_IceFire
I did, but the colors still went to "negative" form. I think they're just something wrong with the command "addtiledef" because I made a duplicate pics1.png named "pics2.png" and I tried addtiledef pics2.png,worldom,0; and the colors still went funky Strange I've tried numerous tilesets without problems... (An example would be the Zelda tileset which is somewhere out there, another example of something I made working is that horrid pokemononline tileset)

Tyhm
07-07-2001, 07:01 AM
Am think it must use pics1.png pallette.

Steps to do so:
open Pics1.png, save pallette
open tdkpics1.png, load pallette, nearest colors
copy and close
go to pics1.png and paste (in PSP at least, it'll maintain the original pallette)
save as tdkpics1.png

If that dun do it....

Solareon
07-07-2001, 07:58 AM
is your new tileset 8 bit png?

Shard_IceFire
07-08-2001, 09:57 AM
Hey Tyhm, thanks for helping, but I don't know how to Save or Load palettes. I don't know if I can either, because the only imaging program I have that opens PNG's is Presto! ImageFolio. Argh this is pissing me off, I put so much work into making this TDKpics1.png, I really want to get it to work.