PDA

View Full Version : Abyss needing a levels admin.

Raelyn
04-10-2006, 05:42 AM
The name of the server is a Abyss. (Althought that's not really quite accurate, because the 'abyss' concept went out the window, so expect it to change.)

I have a very large 50x50 (2,500 level gmap) to fill with content, and I have 3 mediocre LATs doing various detail work around the server, and at the moment, I am devoting 99.9% of my time to 'finishing' the levels, as in going through level by level and inserting the content and detail work.

Now, I need to hire a levels admin to help me coordinate the map completion with the handful of mediocre LATs I have now. I need someone who can produce high quality classic-style levels. Classic tileset, not working with alot of fancy NPCs here, just good ol' fashion tile work. Primarily, I don't give direct access to levels to the LATs, because they'd obviously run a muck. I need the levels admin to be able to take the content the LATs are supplying and paste it onto the pre-existing gmap levels as well as detail and build up the levels themselves. Obviously I need someone I can trust with access to the entire gmap for this job.

As I said before, the map is quite large, and several areas are very heavily mountainous. So someone with very good cliff skills is a big plus.

Here's the gmap in it's very rough 0.01% finished state, don't judge it too harshly, considering it's primarly one person working on it right now, myself.

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/7565/aemap8vp.th.png (http://img102.imageshack.us/my.php?image=aemap8vp.png)
(For full size, click the thumbnail, then click the shrunken image.)

Please contact via:

AIM: FrolicGFX
Yahoo: FrolicGFX
MSN: [email protected]

Thank you for your time,
I hope to hear from you.

- Raelyn AKA: 'Frolic'

Lord Sephiroth
04-10-2006, 06:02 AM
I'm interested to know how that cliff on the map changes in elevation o_O;
That's really hard to do without having it look bad.

Crono
04-10-2006, 02:27 PM
Erm...wow...

Omini
04-10-2006, 03:42 PM
I can't see the thumbnail ~.~

If I wasn't busy with Millenium then I would happily help out, but alas - pre-occupied with my own server.

I've always wanted to work on a server with a big overworld, so much so I started working on a 900 overworld of my own out of boredom.

Raelyn
04-11-2006, 07:16 PM
I'm interested to know how that cliff on the map changes in elevation o_O;
That's really hard to do without having it look bad.

You're welcome to log on and take a look, it's right outside of onlinestartlocal, although, alot of it will be hard to see, I can warp you on top of the cliff though so you can check it out.

King homer daStupid
04-17-2006, 04:05 PM
Since I can't log onto Abyss, and seeing as you had an Owner tag in the snapshot of Tom's Aetherforge topic; I assume you renamed your server to Aetherforge and making it into that side-scrolling server with Tom o_O

Tom
04-17-2006, 04:08 PM
You assume correct :D