PDA

View Full Version : Turks

protagonist
04-01-2006, 05:28 AM
Is this guild allowed? The world "Turks" is not copywritten, so would there be any problems getting it made?

Googi
04-01-2006, 05:38 AM
so would there be any problems getting it made?

"Getting it made"? Turks has been around for years.

protagonist
04-01-2006, 06:19 AM
"Getting it made"? Turks has been around for years.
Nemesis had a grudge against it, along with King Arthur. We had to go underground. Remember TNA? It really stood for Turks: New Age. ^^

VulcanP2P
04-01-2006, 06:28 AM
I would have no problem with it.

maximus_asinus
04-07-2006, 05:02 PM
From where did you decide to get the name Turks? From Final Fantasy VII (which was what the original one was based off of I do believe)? Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?

I honestly don't think Vulcan puts any time into researching origins of the names people use for guilds.

DIABLO2099
04-07-2006, 07:57 PM
Final Fantasy

VulcanP2P
04-07-2006, 10:29 PM
There are many different origins for the word Turks. From the information I have there is nothing wrong. However if I were to review it and find it was being used to copy Final Fantasy or to insult/mock a group of people it wouldn't be allowed.

EDIT: And I'm pretty sure that the use in Final Fantasy was derived from the Ottoman Turks in one way or another...

protagonist
04-07-2006, 10:55 PM
From where did you decide to get the name Turks? From Final Fantasy VII (which was what the original one was based off of I do believe)? Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?

I honestly don't think Vulcan puts any time into researching origins of the names people use for guilds.There are many, many different uses for the word "Turks".

Draenin
04-07-2006, 11:54 PM
Turks is old. And Gaudy.

The latter is true for all guilds though.

Crono
04-08-2006, 12:09 AM
Or the semi offensive slang term for people from Turkey (which was the cover story for the previous Turks and the reason why it was disbanned)?

I don't see how Turks is a "semi offensive slang term". All the Turks I know of don't get offended by Turk or Turks (although I guess the proper way of saying it is Turkish).

maximus_asinus
04-08-2006, 02:33 AM
I don't see how Turks is a "semi offensive slang term". All the Turks I know of don't get offended by Turk or Turks (although I guess the proper way of saying it is Turkish).
I'm quite sure in the old debate to why The Turks should be disbanned we had actual people from Turkey post and say how offensive it was.

protagonist
04-08-2006, 03:03 AM
I'm quite sure in the old debate to why The Turks should be disbanned we had actual people from Turkey post and say how offensive it was.
I think their offensiveness was encouraged by Nemesis.

Seriously, Nemesis was a total **** about Turks. He used to go on UN and threaten the staff that if they uploaded it again, UN would be removed.

VulcanP2P
04-08-2006, 04:30 AM
I'm not letting this thread just revive some stupid old argument. I've already made my opinion clear on the matter--as was the point of this thread--and it will remain that unless I see something that deems it innappropriate or a higher admin decides that they do not want it allowed.

Otherwise, thread closed.