PDA

View Full Version : Event Suggestions

Draenin
03-27-2006, 03:38 AM
Yeah, yeah. I know that this belongs in either GK Events or GK Suggestions, but I'm putting this thread here because I'd like for it to be looked at more immediately.

I'd like to hear some ideas from players about what kinds of events they'd like to see put together. (But not out of the ones that exist already.) Since I can't get on to host right now, I suppose that I can at least work on planning some events in the meantime. (Not scheduling, planning. I like spontaneous events.) So, if you have any good ideas for events, list 'em here, and I'll try to think up ways to do them effectively.

Raziel
03-27-2006, 05:27 AM
Whatever just include boats.

AlaricoMontario
03-27-2006, 05:34 AM
::ditto's Raziel::

Googi
03-27-2006, 07:49 AM
Cops and Robbers was the most pwnage event in the history of Graal. It should be on 2K2.

dNeonb
03-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah, yeah. I know that this belongs in either GK Events or GK Suggestions
So please put it there next time. Thanks.

Thread moved.

Draenin
03-29-2006, 04:33 AM
Oh, cool. It was moved. Like I asked for it not to be. Also, if you can think of a way of doing it fairly, Googi, I'm all for it. And as for boat events, it will be rather hard to do those since team control boats have been disabled.

CidNight1142
03-29-2006, 04:44 AM
And as for boat events, it will be rather hard to do those since team control boats have been disabled.
You can always get some floozies to build boats for you and then have those for the event. We do it in CP all the time. With 5 or 6 people you can make a very large amount of boats in about an hour (including seed collection-->naming the boat)

Draenin
03-29-2006, 04:48 AM
I'd rather not bother the pirates about making boats for events constantly. There are lots of other things that wood can be used for, such as forts, which CP has a lot of.

CidNight1142
03-29-2006, 04:51 AM
I'd rather not bother the pirates about making boats for events constantly. There are lots of other things that wood can be used for, such as forts, which CP has a lot of.
We fortified the castle for the little war that Tempist started with us. However, the threat seems to be a bit of a fizzle.

Draenin
04-16-2006, 01:26 AM
*bump*

So, uhmn, any more? Damix and I will probably be working on the CTF map we wanna get uploaded when I get my computer fixed, but what other stuff do people have to suggest?

CidNight1142
04-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Ohman, when CTF goes up I am so helping make a league.

Draenin
04-16-2006, 04:13 AM
We shall see. :]

Question for everyone:

Would you guys rather have the CTF be an inside map, or an outside map? (Like a small island.) I need to know because I'm probably gonna do maps and graphics, I think, since I don't really script yet.

Sulukra
04-16-2006, 04:33 AM
I'd actually like to see CTF inside of a cave or something with limited visiblity. And lots of paths to and from enemy flags.

Draenin
04-16-2006, 04:35 AM
*twitch*

Uh... Erm... Good idea

(?)

CidNight1142
04-16-2006, 05:06 AM
Inside would have less lag for some people. Outside might present more interesting challenges though.

Draenin
04-16-2006, 05:11 AM
Hmmm. I was thinking of doing two maps for some new events, which are King of the Hill and Capture the Flag. I really wanna mess around with the terrain editor to make some maps that could possibly be annexed to Event Isle via a portal or whatnot, but that much isn't entirely up to me. The King of the Hill map would quite literally be a hill, and the Capture the Flag map I was going to try and make a deep valley or dense forest for.

sam_is_me
06-22-2006, 09:22 PM
How about for the capture the flag, it's both inside and outside. In order to get to the flag you have to go inside a cave, where it is surrounded by water. On the shores of the cave there's some raft's (easily scripted) that can be blown up easily, so it provies some strategy to get across, for the base has special projectiles that look like cannons attatched on the edges of the cave to protect the flag. If hit with one of these "special projectiles", you get warped back to your own base, outside the cave. (This prevents the person from warping back inside their own cave and keep on spawn protecting) Each team starts outside, and travels across an array of strategic opsticals. Let's say... you have to find out how to get a key from a man to enter this house for the boards to fix the broken bridge to link the connection of the map fully. Something like that. If you have the flag, you can't carry anything else, and your speed is reduced by 3. This makes it a very challenging, strategic event. I like it so far :D

What do you guys think?