thiso.objtest.test1="blah";
echo("after:" SPC thiso.objtest.test1);
findplayer("projectigi").triggerclient("-trgtest",thiso.objtest);
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
function onActionClientSide(){
player.chat="s" SPC params[0].test1;
}

don't works, is there any way to correctly pass an object through a triggeraction?

ApothiX
03-25-2006, 06:45 PM
Hi,

function onCreated(){
thiso.objtest=NULL;
thiso.objtest=new TStaticVar();
echo("before:" SPC thiso.objtest.test1);
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
}

don't works, is there any way to correctly pass an object through a triggeraction?
I have noticed this too. The only way I could partially do this was to do something like this:

// In actionserverside
temp.varray = NULL;
for(temp.vname: this.objtest.getvarnames()) {
temp.varray.add(temp.vname @ "=" @ this.objtest.(temp.vname));
}

player.triggerclient("gui", "-trgtest", temp.varray);

// In actionclientside
temp.varray.loadvarsfromarray(params[0]);
echo(temp.varray.test);

Ajira
03-25-2006, 09:08 PM
Hi,

function onCreated(){
thiso.objtest=NULL;
thiso.objtest=new TStaticVar();
echo("before:" SPC thiso.objtest.test1);
}
//#CLIENTSIDE
}

If this is inside a weapon, it obviously will not work because onCreated() and such events are not called on the serverside in a weapon.

projectigi
03-25-2006, 09:54 PM
they are called if youu update the script
else it wouldnt say
before:
after: blah

in my rc...right? XP

ApothiX
03-26-2006, 10:19 PM
You can't pass objects through triggeractions. The method I told you works, but is probably not efficient for most cases.

Also, your triggerclient is not using correct syntax. it should be triggerclient("gui", ..)

Ajira
03-27-2006, 03:14 AM
they are called if youu update the script
else it wouldnt say
before:
after: blah

in my rc...right? XP
onCreated and onPlayerEnters events are not called serverside in a weapon. >.>

projectigi
03-27-2006, 03:17 PM
well you're wrong

Ajira
03-28-2006, 02:49 AM
well you're wrong
Dude, I'm not.

Projectshifter
03-28-2006, 03:48 AM
well you're wrong
I'm sorry but in this case you are wrong. Stefan has said this many times before, serverside weapons are technically not "created". I cannot verify for sure if onCreated() will work serverside or not, I know at one point it worked but only because it was a catch that I think stefan put in iirc. What you shoudl be doing if you require something to have serverside things activated when the weapon is updated/someone logs on/has the weapon added to them you should have an trigger on the client like: triggeraction(0,0,"serverside","init"); Although I do think there is a triggerserver() and triggerclient() now (I'm just coming back and trying to catch up myself).

It would be nice if you could pass objects through a trigger though. I don't know if this so much qualifies as a bug but moreso as a feature that should be added if possible.

projectigi
03-28-2006, 09:43 PM
It is called serverside if you UPDATE the SCRIPT
how else my rc would generate the output...

ApothiX
03-30-2006, 05:11 PM
projectgi is right in this case. onCreated() is sent to a WNPC when you update the script in NC.

Ajira
04-01-2006, 10:21 PM
projectgi is right in this case. onCreated() is sent to a WNPC when you update the script in NC.
Then that is related to NC updates only. If there is an onCreated() block in the serverside part of a weapon script, and a player logs on, I highly doubt onCreated() will still be called on the serverside.

projectigi
04-01-2006, 11:40 PM
Then that is related to NC updates only. If there is an onCreated() block in the serverside part of a weapon script, and a player logs on, I highly doubt onCreated() will still be called on the serverside.

I never said it will be called if a player logs in O_o

ApothiX
04-02-2006, 10:03 AM
He didn't, he's been telling you the whole time that it is called when he updates the script from his RC. Ajira needs some glasses :cool: