PDA

View Full Version : NPCServer+GServer update

Admins
03-10-2006, 07:53 PM
The GServer and NPCServer have been updated to support instant saving of levels after doing tile modifications. The scripting commands are only available for the new scripting engine:

savelevel(levelname)
level.save(x,y) - the position (x,y) defines which map part is saved when you are on a gmap

Levels are only saved when there is really a modification, so it doesn't slow down the server when you are calling that command more than actually needed. It is displaying in RC chat when a level has been saved, can make that optional if it's spamming the RC chat too much.

projectigi
03-10-2006, 08:18 PM
weee nice new function
thanks

btw: first one

Lao_Su2
03-10-2006, 08:27 PM
Stefan! I love you! Thank you so much for saving me a good 10 minutes each day :)

Great addition!

Warcaptain
03-10-2006, 08:35 PM
hah.. yeah i was trying to beat panda to posting.. thanks so much :)

Lao_Su2
03-10-2006, 10:50 PM
The GServer and NPCServer have been updated to support instant saving of levels after doing tile modifications. The scripting commands are only available for the new scripting engine:

savelevel(levelname)
level.save(x,y) - the position (x,y) defines which map part is saved when you are on a gmap

Levels are only saved when there is really a modification, so it doesn't slow down the server when you are calling that command more than actually needed. It is displaying in RC chat when a level has been saved, can make that optional if it's spamming the RC chat too much.

GraalScript: Function save not found at line 14 in script of LevelEdit (in level abyss.nw at pos (0, 0))

xAndrewx
03-10-2006, 10:52 PM
Did you re-boot the server?
Might also need to be done from the admin panel.

Lao_Su2
03-10-2006, 11:05 PM
Rebooted the Npc Server, nothing

napo_p2p
03-10-2006, 11:10 PM
Rebooted the Npc Server, nothing

Have the owner use the admin panel to restart the GServer.

Admins
03-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Ok sorry, the new npcserver was not uploaded to all machines, did that now. If you try the new save thing without restarting the gserver then the npcserver will automatically be disconnected, so better make sure the gserver is restarted before testing it.

Lao_Su2
03-11-2006, 10:29 PM
Hey Stefan is it already able to disable the RC reporting of when a level is saved? If not I think it is deffinatly needed because it really does spam RC pretty bad haha

Edit:
Even when using level.save(x,y) it's only saving the level for the person who edited it but others still see the old level unless they were in the level when it was edited.

Projectshifter
03-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Perhaps make the RC message a serveroption? Would be bad if it was a param of savelevel(), could be abused and then no one would have any idea until it was too late.