PDA

View Full Version : My Suggestions

arimontes7
03-07-2006, 03:38 AM
I accidentally messed up my first post and it disappeared, so this one might seem a rushed. I understand that Era is under going a lot of changes, updates, development and so forth but I just thougth I'd give my ideas out and see if any of them can be worked with.

New/Different guns:
I haven't had or seen all of the guns in the game with only a couple hours under my belt, so I MIGHT suggest an existing or deleted gun.
-Chainsaw
-throwing Knives
-Golden Gun (similar to Golden gun in Goldeneye(N64) 1 shot, 1shot kill, 1 shot per reload.
-Cutting Laser (a continous current of laser coming out of the gun,with limited length, ammo could be batteries?)
-Ninja sword
-Gattling Gun
-Taser
-Paintball gun

Now for some suggestions that might increase depth of the game. A lot of people complain that Era's weakness is it doesn't have depth, I don't need to explain that part.

-Stockmarket
You can go deeper with this and involve player businesses, using the idea of investors, owner of the company, etc.

-Maybe missions involving some crime
Gangs, Guns, minus well do some missions for items, money, something else, robbing a liquor store, go on a killing spree on some npcs, selling some contraband?

-Concentration on Gambling
Betting on fights/spars? Top fighters can go at it or bet on npc fights.

-Job system with more depth
If you wanted to make money the legit way you could work right? Well how about having more depth to a job. Maybe you could REALLY be a postman and drive a postal truck around delivering mail. Work in an office and file documents? Probably have certain restrictions or requirements for jobs so not everybody can work at a certain job. For example, in order to become Post Master you must have delivered a certain amount of mail. For you to be the manager of a NPC ran ammo shop you should have sold certain amount of ammo. You can take the ideas of jobs and add benefits. Benefits of being a postal worker could be the postal truck. Or if you work in a office job filing documents you get free coffee?
In addition to the depth of jobs, here are my suggestions of two jobs

Ambulence/Paramedic- pick up dead people (doesnt have to be players) bring them back to life, get paid

Pizza Delivery - self explanatory

And one more thing. Helicopter!

^^well all of them got killed x_x

decided to add another to the cutting board
-Apartments
Possibility of purchasing an apartment/condo, ability to design it? closet for storing stuff. I know there's a hotel but not sure what it does and dont know if it is coming back or what.

k0rupt_ed
03-07-2006, 04:05 AM
Everything looks like a great idea cept the paramedic Its a good cncept but i dont see it being efficient

Shotoo2
03-07-2006, 04:48 AM
-Chainsaw
-throwing Knives
-Golden Gun (similar to Golden gun in Goldeneye(N64) 1 shot, 1shot kill, 1 shot per reload.
-Cutting Laser (a continous current of laser coming out of the gun,with limited length, ammo could be batteries?)
-Ninja sword
-Gattling Gun
-Taser
-Paintball gun
1.) Not neccessary.
2.) We have throwing stars.
3.) Absolutely not.
4.) I don't see the point of it.
5.) We have a katana.
6.) We have a gatling gun.
7.) What would the taser do?
8.) Once laser tag's fixed you'll forget paintball.

Another thing; Helicopters were on old Era.
You could basically beat them by level hopping so I'd be scared to see what they'd do on the Gmap.

A lot of your jobs and suggestions sound like stuff out of Grand Theft Auto.

Meph
03-07-2006, 09:49 AM
1.) Not neccessary.
2.) We have throwing stars.
3.) Absolutely not.
4.) I don't see the point of it.
5.) We have a katana.
6.) We have a gatling gun.
7.) What would the taser do?
8.) Once laser tag's fixed you'll forget paintball.

Another thing; Helicopters were on old Era.
You could basically beat them by level hopping so I'd be scared to see what they'd do on the Gmap.

A lot of your jobs and suggestions sound like stuff out of Grand Theft Auto.
I second this.
All of it.

This is Era-- Not Aeon.

xAndrewx
03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
Era 'had' a taser :)

The411
03-07-2006, 10:47 AM
I second this.
All of it.

This is Era-- Not Aeon.

Thirded,

I read up to your James Bond Golden Gun suggestion and I just stopped, skimmed past and read Pizza Delivery, then I realised that Aeon had it so I said uh.. no.