PDA

View Full Version : A big list of suggestions.

Dark_Zeratul101
03-06-2006, 11:58 PM
Hello Skyld,

Here are the suggestions you have asked for.

STUFF TO FINISH AND FIX:

-The Style Saver at the Era Fashion shop needs to be finished.

-Bring back miscellanous businesses such as Dippin Donuts and Speedy Pizza.

-Fix laser tag!!!, I've been constantly reminding Skyld to fix it for the past month so fix it when you ever have the time.

-Staff forgot the existance of the bleeding system and left the guns that were in Jenn's generation to cause the bleeding effect, so what will you do?

-Please add a shop that sells P4s and Trip mines :(

-Finish the gangs. Please

DRASTIC CHANGES:

-The unstick me location is between four buildings creating narrow spots outside of it. So can you guys... Move it somewhere else? Or edit the surrounding buildings? Do something about it.

-Revert the large doors back to the original style, they're like freaking two times the size of your player.

-All the ET items in the ET shop are overpriced which makes dishing your Event Coins a bad thing to do. Smu will disagree, but the absolute proof that the ET Shop is rendered useless is that -nobody- is using them -- and I do use nobody as a strong word. I've seen nobody use one, buy one, have one, or even talk about somebody else having one.

EDIT: You can make the large items pricey but then nobody will buy the items sold in limited quanity so just make a shop to sell the small items for cash than event coins.

-Era needs mainstream businesses to keep things interesting. (i.e. Core Electronics, and Pyrotech.) Do you want to walk in to a shop that has a seemingly-cloned building to buy a gun that is already sold at Business #3?

-Make the no-pk zone an unpullable area. The reason we don't prefer the underground is that we cannot see what is going on outside of it, done-and-done.

IDEAS TO SUBMIT:

-Add any type of building, it doesn't matter if it is a building of a non-existance red herring business, as long as it is a pk zone people will fight in it.

-Add more guns.

-Add a mining limit per each day. Businessmen strongly depend on only the miners with the highest mining level so balance the economy so they can hire more people.

-When you're adding the gangs. Please don't add an automated system and cause the same disaster as street gangs.

Hello 8 hours because this account is Classic.

Henry5001
03-07-2006, 02:43 AM
Better make this worth it if it's every 8 hours. I agree with everything Raven says except his suggestion about the ET shop. Add more items and lower the prices on the small items. Ex: Cookies, gas(if it comes out), sewer elixers, etc. No one really wants to work up 5 EC's and waste it on a cookie. However, larger or more rare items like the flute and boomerang should be very costly because we don't want more than 4 people having each.

P.S. Raven, Nub has a flute and people have talked about that.

Top 3 I would like to see:
1. Gangs
2. Mainstream and Miscellanous Businesses
3. Laser Tag (With the old system, where you get a better laser rifle after so many kills.)

Thanks for a great list Raven and Skyld please look at this.

k0rupt_ed
03-07-2006, 03:06 AM
Crack down on all the cars parcked in the middle of the road too lol make like a towing biz

Sonniku4
03-07-2006, 03:49 AM
Hello Skyld,
Revert the large doors back to the original style, they're like freaking two times the size of your player.

For a reason... So players can squeeze through the doors if there's a lamer blocking them. If you mean shorter doors, okay.
__________________________________________________ ________
Other than that, where the hell is the FULL list from eraforums that the citizens over there thought up of? Don't tell me you threw our ideas away. !pissed!
-------------------------------------------------------------------
If you're making him check that one seperately or posting it later, then forget what I said between those lines I put up.

Otherwise, I'm assuming that you're only putting up what YOU think is a good idea for the server, not what we think.

xAndrewx
03-07-2006, 10:45 AM
Hello Skyld,

Hello

STUFF TO FINISH AND FIX:

Yes, it does.

I wouldn't mind that either.

-Fix laser tag!!!, I've been constantly reminding Skyld to fix it for the past month so fix it when you ever have the time.

Yes, this is on Skyld's 'to-do'

-Staff forgot the existance of the bleeding system and left the guns that were in Jenn's generation to cause the bleeding effect, so what will you do?

No, the bleeding system is good.

Event items...?

These are also on his 'to-do'.

-The unstick me location is between four buildings creating narrow spots outside of it. So can you guys... Move it somewhere else? Or edit the surrounding buildings? Do something about it.

I don't understand this...?

-Revert the large doors back to the original style, they're like freaking two times the size of your player.

I don't agree with this.

-Era needs mainstream businesses to keep things interesting. (i.e. Core Electronics, and Pyrotech.) Do you want to walk in to a shop that has a seemingly-cloned building to buy a gun that is already sold at Business #3?

I agree, but you said the same thing above...

-Make the no-pk zone an unpullable area. The reason we don't prefer the underground is that we cannot see what is going on outside of it, done-and-done.

I agree.

-Add any type of building, it doesn't matter if it is a building of a non-existance red herring business, as long as it is a pk zone people will fight in it.

Hmm? You want more places to PK?

-Add a mining limit per each day. Businessmen strongly depend on only the miners with the highest mining level so balance the economy so they can hire more people.

I don't agree.

-When you're adding the gangs. Please don't add an automated system and cause the same disaster as street gangs.

I agree.

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 03:40 AM
P4 & Tripmines as event items? No. That totally sucks. What if the player isn't that skilled at events? I mean, it's pretty damn hard to win any event with one of the awesome crew competing against you. I'd rather earn cash without any competition, maybe event items have PACKS of p4s, while P4s are sold individually at the store. Oh... And not for $100 each, either. I think >$50 does best.

But anyhow, this list wouldn't be denied as much if you actually put what EVERYONE thinks should be added, instead of asking everyone at Era Forums and pick whatever you like.

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 04:03 AM
Here, since I think EVERYONE's word should come out, I'll post most of the ideas that came out of Era Forums, even if I might not agree with them.

Blink:
"I totaly agree with everything he says^ except putting in more guns, theres way too many now in my opinion. Also bringing gangs back I would like to add and a script in the biz's that makes the owner have to pay you.
More ways to earn money, and new cars"

Ace Ciprioni:
"I agree on all of this weps too add in M4 and the m203 massil or what ever trip mines, sachels, ect ect ect."

EliteDesi:
"They should have it the way it used to be. Say payday was Friday. On Friday, the employees could just say "take paycheck" or something and they would receive their money. This way the owner won't have to worry about being on to pay his workers, and the employees don't have to worry about not getting paid."

Kazuko:
"I wouldn't mind seeing gangs come out.
I mean the only thing that is left is the data base.
Levels have been done since december."

Naack:
"CELL PHONES!!!"

The Guy:
"There should be a limit to how many minerals can be mined a day."

Mooninite Err:
"+P4s in shops for $50< each.
-Illegality of scamming.
+Add ALL guns from old Era, even PL9.
--Destructibility of items unless by explosives.
+M4 with Grenade Launcher and burst modes.
+Launchable explosives.
+Armored Vans, slightly slower. Can keep additional 2 passengers.
+Ability to do Drive By, You can only shoot while not turning.
+ FLAK CANNON!!! With sparks, and the range limit."

Frejesal:
"+Sleeping/Flash/Poison Grenades
+Cell Phones
+Driveby shooting (That was my idea, thief >:I)
++Box Factory
+++Gangs
-That annoying screeching noise EVERY time you turn in a car."

And that's basically it...
What the PEOPLE think, not just what Raven wants.

Dark_Zeratul101
03-08-2006, 04:35 AM
Sonniku4, most of my suggestions are player approved. I have a mass collection of constructive opinions so I had to trim a lot of things down on the list so no nuclear reaction is caused.

The reason I don't allow weapon suggestions on the list is because Staff have a lot more important things to do than add weapons. (This will contradict the suggestion of "Add more guns" because I didn't expect a truck dumping weapon ideas no me.)

FRIENDLY STAFF TIP #1: The opinion of players are more valued than the opinions Staff because the players' opinions are a guide to build a server!

k0rupt_ed
03-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Don't we have enouph guns already? Its getting out of hand.

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 04:40 AM
Well, the staff should be sifting though this, not only do they state clearly what IS going to be considered and made on the to-do list & what is not, but to see what newer and uncommon ideas people are coming with. If it's a certain specific gun idea, who knows? The staff might actually like it. I noticed that the one you concluded with was VERY similar to the one you started with, maybe one or two added or subtracted.

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 04:46 AM
Don't we have enouph guns already? Its getting out of hand.
Honestly, my opinion is that all of the heavier weapons should be added to complete the whole arsenal of this year.
I mean, there was that cannon that you would place on a tripod, and then fire it, using spread to take care for the lack of mobility. There's some really good advantages, while the disadvantage is that the gun is stationary.
Explosives meanwhile are really good ideas, even further opening the thought of strategy.

Other weapons of the past simply create new strategies. It might not be on the to-do list immediately, but it's nice if they're either DENIED or approved and placed on the bottom of the to-do list.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
03-08-2006, 04:50 AM
Awesome Crew? I need to come to Era and destroy all...

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 04:56 AM
Wearing steel toe boots.

Shotoo2
03-08-2006, 05:55 AM
FRIENDLY STAFF TIP #1: The opinion of players are more valued than the opinions Staff because the players' opinions are a guide to build a server!
That changed when Jenn took over.
It's sad that she left such a terrible impression on the way Era's developed and run.

k0rupt_ed
03-08-2006, 06:12 AM
ain't that the truth....

Sonniku4
03-08-2006, 07:46 AM
Jenn WAS a better person than a Manager of Era.

White_Roy
03-09-2006, 12:24 AM
P.S. Raven, Nub has a flute and people have talked about that.

Not anymore well.. I'm having a lot of trouble getting it back from Kae quite possibly the ****tiest ET I've ever seen.

Rick
03-09-2006, 02:08 AM
-Staff forgot the existance of the bleeding system and left the guns that were in Jenn's generation to cause the bleeding effect, so what will you do?English, please. If you're saying remove blood. Never!

-The unstick me location is between four buildings creating narrow spots outside of it. So can you guys... Move it somewhere else? Or edit the surrounding buildings? Do something about it.What?

-Revert the large doors back to the original style, they're like freaking two times the size of your player.Unlikely.

-Era needs mainstream businesses to keep things interesting. (i.e. Core Electronics, and Pyrotech.) Do you want to walk in to a shop that has a seemingly-cloned building to buy a gun that is already sold at Business #3?Understandable. CE will likely never be player-run again.

-Make the no-pk zone an unpullable area. The reason we don't prefer the underground is that we cannot see what is going on outside of it, done-and-done.So uh, AFK in the unstick me rather than in unstick me. If you're paying attention you'll notice people pulling you.

-Add a mining limit per each day. Businessmen strongly depend on only the miners with the highest mining level so balance the economy so they can hire more people.It's a good idea, but badly implemenetd.

-When you're adding the gangs. Please don't add an automated system and cause the same disaster as street gangs.Why?

The411
03-09-2006, 09:14 AM
No offence Rick, but some of these things you're saying doesn't impress me..

CE will never be player run again? Buisnesses, like Ammo Mart run by players made the players want to do something...

On another note, we really need a Gang Admin, (No I'm not suggesting I want to be one of anything) I'm just saying we need someone to control Gangs, buisnesses, etc. If we're ever going to be old Era again.

If you're going to make Era some new server I guess most people won't enjoy it, but if you want guns. You're going to have to play Era.

Rick
03-09-2006, 09:42 PM
CE will never be player run again? Buisnesses, like Ammo Mart run by players made the players want to do something...I said 'will likely'.

Ammo Mart? Hi, notice the current biz system?

On another note, we really need a Gang Admin, (No I'm not suggesting I want to be one of anything) I'm just saying we need someone to control Gangs, buisnesses, etc. If we're ever going to be old Era again.While I myself was not going to have one, it is not under my control anymore.

If you're going to make Era some new server I guess most people won't enjoy it, but if you want guns. You're going to have to play Era.Era will never return to its former glory. Even if you do restore the old content.

Shotoo2
03-09-2006, 10:08 PM
Hi, notice the current biz system?
Yeah.
I've been talking to Skyld about scrapping that.

xAndrewx
03-09-2006, 10:34 PM
Era will never return to its former glory. Even if you do restore the old content.
What would your suggestion be?

k0rupt_ed
03-09-2006, 11:34 PM
dig it out of that big ass hole that its in as much as possible

The411
03-10-2006, 09:29 PM
I said 'will likely'.

Ammo Mart? Hi, notice the current biz system?

Yeah, I notice the current biz system, it makes Ammo Mart look exactly like unstick me shop. Therefore nothing close to old Era.
While I myself was not going to have one, it is not under my control anymore.

Fair enough, at least we'll hope Skyld has one.

Era will never return to its former glory. Even if you do restore the old content.

You know this because? Half the players aren't coming back because there are no gangs, the buisnesses are crap and somehow nicknamed after something that sprouted straight out of Unholy Nation.

k0rupt_ed
03-10-2006, 10:24 PM
time for renovation...

Skyld
03-14-2006, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the suggestions, we will look into some of these.
Will look into this. Edit: Should be fixed now.
I am not sure about this - we'll see.
A couple of staff have been trying to work on this.
Nothing! The bleeding system is meant to be there.
There are already plans for businesses that sells explosives.
We'll get to this.
I am not sure why this matters, although, the OSL is subject to change perhaps.
Not changing the doors - the server is built using the doors we have.
-All the ET items in the ET shop are overpriced which makes dishing your Event Coins a bad thing to do. Smu will disagree, but the absolute proof that the ET Shop is rendered useless is that -nobody- is using them -- and I do use nobody as a strong word. I've seen nobody use one, buy one, have one, or even talk about somebody else having one.
Smu really is the one to talk to about this.
Snakeandy and Vulcan will probably be happy to modify business levels of any businesses that you own. Core Electronics and Pyrotech won't be owned by players - a couple of new businesses may be, though.
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
-Add more guns.
Already in plans.
Hmm.
The gang system is tied loosely into the party system, as in, the administration of them will likely be the same, but there will be gang bases and such, and tags that do not have "Party" in them.
I've been talking to Skyld about scrapping that.
Won't happen, I'm afraid.

k0rupt_ed
03-14-2006, 11:34 PM
and how bobut the driveby's skyld? Im tired of the nubs who got absolute no skills (or something else) that they gotta shoot people in cars because they can't shoot back.

Also Idk, probaly will never happen (like alot of other things..) but mabey boats for going back and forth to to sr and the mainland.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Zeratul101
I'm not sure what you mean by this?
He means just put some random buildings in era like it used to be with like core electronics and other ones, they serve no purpose but there just another building to explore and pk in.

Shotoo2
03-15-2006, 12:04 AM
mabey boats for going back and forth to to sr and the mainland.
How about you drive your car across the bridge.

k0rupt_ed
03-15-2006, 02:16 AM
How bout I'm just suggesting something new?

YenroY777
03-15-2006, 11:44 PM
... o.o Quests, plz... =O

Crono
03-16-2006, 11:51 AM

Yeah because everyday outside I see random people riding boats across bridge areas since, you know, they can't walk/afford a car.

:rolleyes:

SuperSlayer90
03-16-2006, 05:56 PM
New and time wasting.
Would take a while to develop, would be interesting for a day.

Aka. The train system.

Chris
03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
Aka. The train system.
Hey! Thats my idea. Well really I thought of it while idling on G2k1's train. "Why not have a monorail system?"

k0rupt_ed
03-16-2006, 10:02 PM
Aka. The train system.

I still use that but I guess thats not the point.