PDA

View Full Version : Getting Information Clientside

projectigi
03-01-2006, 11:08 AM
Ok now whats a good way to give information of a putnpc2 from serverside to clientside?
are save[]'s still limited to 255?
if so is there any other good way?

SilentOne1988
03-01-2006, 12:04 PM
It'd be nice to be able to transfer information between client and server with classes.... You can probably store the npc's number and then have a triggeraction in the weapon that placed said class to clientside telling it to find x npc and set whatever you need to though.

ZeLpH_MyStiK
03-01-2006, 12:33 PM
I do believe save[]'s are limited to integers greater than or equal to 0 and less than or equal to 220.

projectigi
03-01-2006, 12:35 PM
how about just making onActionClientSide for localnpcs(putnpcs2/putnpcs)

ApothiX
03-01-2006, 03:18 PM
public function TransferToClientside(abc) {
client.classclientside_abc = abc;
client.classclientside_transfer = true;
}

//#CLIENTSIDE
function onCreated() {
setTimer(0.05);
}

function onTimeout() {
if(client.classclientside_transfer) {
unset("client.classclientside_transfer");
player.chat = client.classclientside_abc;
unset("client.classclientside_abc");
}

setTimer(0.05);
}

Probably not the best way to do it, but I think it works :P

I'm not sure if you can use npc.trigger() or npc.triggerclient() or something to trigger to clientside or not.

Ajira
03-01-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm not sure if you can use npc.trigger() or npc.triggerclient() or something to trigger to clientside or not.
If I remember correctly, which I think I do, trigger()s are received on both the server and clientside. Trigger()ing the npc should work.

napo_p2p
03-02-2006, 05:32 AM
Also, if you set this.attr values serverside, they can be read clientside (won't work vice versa though).

projectigi
03-02-2006, 11:12 AM
yeah i used attr[20]
lol

jake13jake
03-03-2006, 09:25 PM
yea, I wish I knew how triggerclient and triggerserver worked for this kindof NPC. I don't know if they'd work for regular NPCs, (but it would be a very very good idea.

Ajira
03-04-2006, 12:44 AM
yea, I wish I knew how triggerclient and triggerserver worked for this kindof NPC. I don't know if they'd work for regular NPCs, (but it would be a very very good idea.
I know on Graal3D servers, triggerclient and server worked as triggerclient("npc", "npc name", "action", "params") and it is called with function onActionName(). I wish it worked the same on 2D.

jake13jake
03-04-2006, 12:57 AM
I know on Graal3D servers, triggerclient and server worked as triggerclient("npc", "npc name", "action", "params") and it is called with function onActionName(). I wish it worked the same on 2D.
waittt a second.
npc-->npc name? would that mean the first string is the type of object the action is pointing to? I'd rather just pass it any object.

Ajira
03-04-2006, 01:05 AM
waittt a second.
npc-->npc name? would that mean the first string is the type of object the action is pointing to? I'd rather just pass it any object.
Yessir. That's how it is on 3D. On 2D you can just do obj.trigger("action", "params"); and it calls onAction(). I think that is better imo.