PDA

View Full Version : (EVENT SUNDAY) We Will FIGHT ON!

Matthew White
02-14-2006, 08:25 AM
Phase Two of the War Against the Foreign Devils!

My fellow Zormites. We are a people opressed, a people wronged. I am tired of hearing the demands of the Samurai leaders that we remove our positions of power that they may be supreme rulers of the world. They are jealous of our incredible might, and are worried that they will lose their title to us!

To this I say, rightfully so! Their worries are valid, their shivers, their cold sweats will all be verified by the incoming vicious Zormite attack forces that will render them inept, crippled, diseased, and dead!

We will make the beaches of Samurai run red, we will bring them to their knees as we show them absolutely no mercy.

I believe in this nation. In my short time as ruler I have grown with you, Zormite. I have watched you become a nation of strong individuals, a nation of a proud people who will not stand to be opressed in this manner. If we as Zormites do not stand up to the opression of Lylic Katsumata and Ryushi Genji, we are setting a dangerous precedent for years to come.

Today they demand the removal of military leaders, tomorrow it will be the military personnel, then the military itself, then our identity as Zormites, then the world. If something is not done, we will all be nothing more than slaves and drones, assimilated into a mindless culture of godless heathens!

I can see the fire in your eyes, Zyrians. I can see the thirst for Samurai blood, longing to be quenched. It fills me with pride to watch even the youngest of you willingly volunteer to give your lives that the rest of Zormite may live unopressed, you people are the stuff of legends.

I would like to hang my head, for a moment, to remember the people who were lost in the first invasion. Including our late Consul, the final bit of the royal bloodline, Fitzwilliam Vimes, of the Vimes family, rulers of Zormite. To this very moment, we have buildings filled with scholars looking for an heir to take the place of the royalty they have usurped! All of these people will not die in vain! I will stand on the boats with you, we will send them a message, no one, but no one will stand between Zormite and its destiny of greatness!

And so, it is with dignity, and honor, that I proclaim this; we, the people of Zormite, will wage war on Samurai, with no regard to the cost, until our freedom is preserved. We will wage war until they agree to relinquish their demands, and sign a treaty, drawn up by we, the people of Zormite, or until they have been sufficiently wiped from the face of the land, and Samurai becomes a Zormite satellite nation.

I raise my hand to you Zormite, LONG LIVE THE REPUBLIC!

Event Details

The event will take place at approximately the same time as last weeks mage tourney.
6PM ATLANTIC TIME 5PM EASTERN STANDARD TIME 4PM CENTRAL
Please convert this to your own time. Note that Atlantic is GMT - 4:00. If you don't know what this means, disregard it.

This will be a completely different invasion than the last. I have been in deep discussion with Delegate Zoogi Zerako, as well as Governor Zylbricht Zarmitage, as well as our military leaders. I will be discussing our strategy, as well as building the supplies needed throughout the week. Make sure you are on several times to catch the gist of the attack.

Instructions to Zoogi/Zylbricht/Military Leaders:
Get the message of the attack out, get the strategy out, we will comiserate on this during game time.

All military personnel, as well as citizenry are instructed to produce military goods at the behest of the Governing party, we will win this war.

Also, I would especially like to note that this time NO OFF TAG OR PMODE SAMURAIS, OR ANYONE ELSE, WILL PILLAGE OR LOOT THE SHIPYARD DURING OUR PREPARATIONS. This is a violation of RP rules and so help me I will make sure you never see GK again if you do this. If you can't win fairly, you don't deserve to be in a kingdom.

FOR THE REPUBLIC!

Damix2
02-14-2006, 08:26 AM
I believe this happened last sunday, what was the result? I don't seem to remember.

Waltz5
02-14-2006, 08:39 AM
Also, I would especially like to note that this time NO OFF TAG OR PMODE SAMURAIS, OR ANYONE ELSE, WILL PILLAGE OR LOOT THE SHIPYARD DURING OUR PREPARATIONS. This is a violation of RP rules and so help me I will make sure you never see GK again if you do this. If you can't win fairly, you don't deserve to be in a kingdom.

Um, you left your gates open and both Samurai members were B-Mode. Violation huh?

Anyways, bring it on.

ApothiX
02-14-2006, 02:53 PM
Um, you left your gates open and both Samurai members were B-Mode. Violation huh?

Anyways, bring it on.
"Peaceful Mode, Something James (Samurai) Cannot be hurt" flooded my screen.
He was not in battlemode.

Matthew White
02-14-2006, 06:51 PM
"Peaceful Mode, Something James (Samurai) Cannot be hurt" flooded my screen.
He was not in battlemode.

This was the case with me too. I colorsprayed him from a boat and got flooded with peacefulmode warnings.

Keep in RP regulations next time, or so help me I'll be unmerciful.

Damix2
02-14-2006, 08:56 PM
There is no roleplaying regulation to be battle mode.

Matthew White
02-14-2006, 10:13 PM
There is a regulation that says if you are not involved in a battle event [hence, not in battle mode] you can not interfere with its outcome. This would be the same as abusing an invincibility glitch, because you can destroy the entire fleet of a nation without them being able to do anything about it.

It's a clear cut violation of the rules of the game, and I won't tolerate it again. If you want to sabotage our ships, fine. Get in battle mode, wimp.

Waltz5
02-14-2006, 10:16 PM
There is a regulation that says if you are not involved in a battle event [hence, not in battle mode] you can not interfere with its outcome. This would be the same as abusing an invincibility glitch, because you can destroy the entire fleet of a nation without them being able to do anything about it.

It's a clear cut violation of the rules of the game, and I won't tolerate it again. If you want to sabotage our ships, fine. Get in battle mode, wimp.
If you're on a ship you can still be sunk.

And there's no roleplaying regulations whatsoever on GK and no one to enforce it... a big downfall of GK.

Damix2
02-14-2006, 10:16 PM
Again with the insults, read the forum rules.

If hes off tag hes not representing a kingdom and does not have to follow any roleplaying regulations.

Chris
02-14-2006, 10:43 PM
Matthew, this isn't going to end well for your people.

This was the case with me too. I colorsprayed him from a boat and got flooded with peacefulmode warnings.

Keep in RP regulations next time, or so help me I'll be unmerciful.
Only reason why I was in pmode when I arrived to the battle was because I was pilloried a lonnggggg time ago on Samurai (testing my rights) and I never changed back. I had stopped playing for some time and I ran into battle and totally forgot D:

Cubes
02-14-2006, 11:49 PM
If you're on a ship you can still be sunk.

And there's no roleplaying regulations whatsoever on GK and no one to enforce it... a big downfall of GK.
I would like to see you sink a ship in the 10 seconds it takes someone to pile one on top of the other to the point where they cannot move.

ApothiX
02-15-2006, 02:40 AM
Again with the insults, read the forum rules.

If hes off tag hes not representing a kingdom and does not have to follow any roleplaying regulations.
Point is: He was on tag.

Matthew White
02-15-2006, 04:30 AM
And furthermore, if he's off tag, he's still disrupting an official RP event, sactioned by staff, which falls under harassment and disruption of gameplay. You're so quick to shove the rules at me, and you haven't read them yourself?

Damix2
02-15-2006, 04:41 AM
And furthermore, if he's off tag, he's still disrupting an official RP event, sactioned by staff, which falls under harassment and disruption of gameplay. You're so quick to shove the rules at me, and you haven't read them yourself?

But you can't punish our kingdom for it. You don't seem to follow easy concepts. We were fighting plenty fair, if you wish to get a player in trouble take it up with staff.

Draenin
02-15-2006, 05:53 AM
Hope you're still working on finding a team for Saturday.

OasaTor_PK
02-15-2006, 06:02 AM
I would like to lay down a simple roleplay suggestion.

**IF** You die, you run to a designated spot untill reinforcements arrive. Which would be a signal from an ET, ect. All though it would take some cooperation, it would definately make it more fair rather than deo and night just sitting there laming all the noobs.

Zurkiba
02-15-2006, 08:57 PM
Zormite has always been a protectorate of another nation. Started when it fell to Dustari.

So technically, you wouldn't be setting a precedent if you fell sway to Imperial power. Instead you'd be reverting back to the dark eras of Zormite history.

Cubes
02-15-2006, 09:24 PM
I would like to lay down a simple roleplay suggestion.

**IF** You die, you run to a designated spot untill reinforcements arrive. Which would be a signal from an ET, ect. All though it would take some cooperation, it would definately make it more fair rather than deo and night just sitting there laming all the noobs.
Yeah it was a ***** to cast because I had 2 people on my at all times.

Damix2
02-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I think the battle would have in over in about 3 minutes because we killed everyone of your players with the exception of Vamp before one us died.

GoZelda
02-15-2006, 09:38 PM
CAPS LOCK IS FOR PUSSIES.

Guess who's been using it in his thread titles?

Zero Hour
02-15-2006, 09:40 PM
CAPS LOCK IS FOR PUSSIES.

Guess who's been using it in his thread titles?
Hehehe <3

Matthew White
02-17-2006, 09:50 PM
This event will be postponed for a week or so due to the overwhelming popularity of the comback of 2k1. whee.

CidNight1142
02-17-2006, 10:04 PM
Neat-O.

Cubes
02-17-2006, 11:05 PM
This event will be postponed for a week or so due to the overwhelming popularity of the comback of 2k1. whee.
Damn you.

Googi
02-17-2006, 11:27 PM
Postponment wasn't really necessary. Even I would have come to 2K2 for 2 hours for the event.

Cubes
02-18-2006, 12:15 AM
Bloodshed is always entertaining. Or trapping Deo beside the trade.

Valder
02-18-2006, 01:26 AM
Bloodshed is always entertaining. Or trapping Deo beside the trade.

Personally, I think the most entertaining thing about GK is watching Grirahan grill someone for stealing, scamming, hacking, etc.

GryffonDurime
02-18-2006, 02:04 AM
Personally, I think the most entertaining thing about GK is watching Grirahan grill someone for stealing, scamming, hacking, etc.

Or watching him abuse his power to pillory someone wrongly.

Oh, wait, that's the part that's not entertaining.

Cubes
02-18-2006, 02:40 AM
Or watching him abuse his power to pillory someone wrongly.

Oh, wait, that's the part that's not entertaining.
The pillory is fun sometimes... Like when your only in it for 5 minutes so you get beamed with tomatos the entire time your in there.But he does him job so it's cool.

nullify
02-18-2006, 04:05 AM
Know what's not fun? Spamming bold and underline typeface constantly!

Matthew White
02-21-2006, 10:33 AM
I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU'D ACCUSE ME OF SUCH A THING, I WOULD LIKE TO QUOTE THIS AS REFERENCE:

Four score and seven years ago, our fathers brought forth upon this continent a new nation: conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal.

Now we are engaged in a great civil war. . .testing whether that nation, or any nation so conceived and so dedicated. . . can long endure. We are met on a great battlefield of that war.

We have come to dedicate a portion of that field as a final resting place for those who here gave their lives that that nation might live. It is altogether fitting and proper that we should do this.

But, in a larger sense, we cannot dedicate. . .we cannot consecrate. . . we cannot hallow this ground. The brave men, living and dead, who struggled here have consecrated it, far above our poor power to add or detract. The world will little note, nor long remember, what we say here, but it can never forget what they did here.

It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated here to the unfinished work which they who fought here have thus far so nobly advanced. It is rather for us to be here dedicated to the great task remaining before us. . .that from these honored dead we take increased devotion to that cause for which they gave the last full measure of devotion. . . that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain. . . that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom. . . and that government of the people. . .by the people. . .for the people. . . shall not perish from the earth.

AND FURTHERMORE

The licenses for most software are designed to take away your freedom to share and change it. By contrast, the GNU General Public License is intended to guarantee your freedom to share and change free software--to make sure the software is free for all its users. This General Public License applies to most of the Free Software Foundation's software and to any other program whose authors commit to using it. (Some other Free Software Foundation software is covered by the GNU Lesser General Public License instead.) You can apply it to your programs, too.

When we speak of free software, we are referring to freedom, not price. Our General Public Licenses are designed to make sure that you have the freedom to distribute copies of free software (and charge for this service if you wish), that you receive source code or can get it if you want it, that you can change the software or use pieces of it in new free programs; and that you know you can do these things.

To protect your rights, we need to make restrictions that forbid anyone to deny you these rights or to ask you to surrender the rights. These restrictions translate to certain responsibilities for you if you distribute copies of the software, or if you modify it.

For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights.

We protect your rights with two steps: (1) copyright the software, and (2) offer you this license which gives you legal permission to copy, distribute and/or modify the software.

Also, for each author's protection and ours, we want to make certain that everyone understands that there is no warranty for this free software. If the software is modified by someone else and passed on, we want its recipients to know that what they have is not the original, so that any problems introduced by others will not reflect on the original authors' reputations.

Finally, any free program is threatened constantly by software patents. We wish to avoid the danger that redistributors of a free program will individually obtain patent licenses, in effect making the program proprietary. To prevent this, we have made it clear that any patent must be licensed for everyone's free use or not licensed at all.

The precise terms and conditions for copying, distribution and modification follow.

:spam:

Zero Hour
02-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Your grey thinking mush irritates me.

GryffonDurime
02-21-2006, 02:54 PM
Indeed. And apparently, this mush enjoys bold underlining with italics. Of course, any typesetter will tell you that any one of these effects used for more than drawing attantion to a single word actually makes it HARDER for people to read, not easier, and sometimes they can preclude people with attention disorders from reading it at all because there is nowhere on the page for the eye to rest.

Matthew White
02-22-2006, 03:20 AM
Apparently you missed the irony in me flooding that after someone accused me of overusing it.