PDA

View Full Version : The Zormite Invitational Arcane Arts Tourney

Matthew White
02-09-2006, 04:36 AM
The Zormite Invitational Arcane Arts Tourney

The most prestigious event for all mages will be held this Sunday!
The event will be held at roughly
6PM atlantic 5PM eastern 4PM central 3PM Mountain 2PM Western (GMT)
(atlantic is GMT - 4:00)

The Zormite invitational tourney invites mages from all around the world to come to show their magical prowess.

It is up to the leaders of each kingdom to select a maximum of 8 of their finest mages, and send them in a ship to Zormite, where they will assemble, hear speeches by magical leaders and dignitaries, and participate in three events of untold horror, and treachery.

All mages are encouraged to realize that it is not only raw power that will win this tournament. Cunning, and craft are also required.

The process is outlined below in an itinerary.
(Times are in Atlantic GMT-4:00. Refer to above for conversion)

6:00PM - Mages arrive in Zormite by ship. It is up to the kingdom leaders to arrange this. If they do not show up, they do not participate.

6:15PM - Speeches will be given by the leader of Zormite, and several magical dignitaries.

6:30 PM - The opening event will begin, people will assemble on the bottom right island of Zormite (in battle mode). Weapons are forbidden, and Event Masters will be on hand, as well as Officials from the kingdoms to ensure no weapons are used. The last person alive on this island wins this portion of the event.

7:10 PM - The second event will begin. People will again assemble on the bottom right island of Zormite after the body parts and icecubes have been gathered up.
This event will consist of the use of ones innate ability to sense magical items (sense magic, and real life luck.) Magical stones will be placed all over this island. The most clairvoyant ones will be able to find them the most quickly. Magical traps will be set, and officials will be casting status causing spells on all players. The first one to claim 5 stones (or failing that, the one who claims the most stones) wins this second event.

8:00 PM - The final event will begin. This will be a fireworks display. The magicians will individually put on a 2 minute display of their magical powers. This will be done on Zormite island, in the top left. The Events Masters, and other non-magical officials will be placed on the scene to act as impartial judges. Obviously, the person with the most beautiful display wins the event.

8:40 PM - The winners will be decided, and prizes given in front of the Castle.

The prizes are of great value, and will be given out to the winners.

1st place: Untold magical power will be bestowed upon this mighty warrior of the arcane arts.

2nd place: This person will hold golden medallions to display to show his or her success on Zormite.

3rd place: This person will be granted a lump of gems to keep him/her in good wealth.
Three winners will be decided.

All 3 events will have a 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner.
1st = 3 points 2nd = 2 points 3rd = 1 point.

At the end, the 3 people with the highest scores will be given the 1st, second, and third prizes.

I strongly encourage everyone to attend this event!

Kingdom leaders PM me to let me know your mages.

Thanks,

Matthew M. White

Draenin
02-09-2006, 04:52 AM
Just let me know what things you'll need to be prepared.

Matthew White
02-09-2006, 04:56 AM
Oh, Drae, I was already talking with Sam. I'm doing most of the preparations and he's giving most of the prizes, I was going to PM you and ask you to be a judge and official, though. Thanks for posting on here I forgot :)

Draenin
02-09-2006, 05:27 AM
I could do that.

GryffonDurime
02-09-2006, 05:37 AM
I am a magic fanatic, but somehow the wonderful roleplaying potential of such an event (judging only from your stated plans) seems underwhelming.

Draenin
02-09-2006, 05:54 AM
It's not really so much of a roleplay event, or I'm sure it would've been explained with cheesy bits of action or dialogue.

Matthew White
02-09-2006, 05:58 AM
Most of the cheesy Rolplay is going to be in the speech I plan to deliver. Trust me, it will be gold. :)

CidNight1142
02-09-2006, 06:22 AM
Unfortunately the arcane arts be not my specialty, otherwise I'd be happy to try my luck. Perhaps I'll attend with the Pirate caravan as an onlooker, if that be allowed.

Matthew White
02-09-2006, 06:33 AM
Of course, hundreds of onlookers and an audience is both allowed and requested!

Matthew White
02-12-2006, 08:21 PM
Alright so

Dustari is Sending
Frochin
Ed
Butz

Pirates is not sending any representatives, as they have no mages, apparently.

I'm fairly certain Forest is sending Dayaa.

And Samurai ... well.

Zormite will be sending

Myself
Googi
Kenshin if he's on
Vrael Loxeus
Smeagol Fudikea

and one other if he/she is on.

I have decided that for the benefit of the event it will become open, any mage that wishes to attend may do so. It will be subscribable via F8 events tab. See you at 5 Eastern.

Matthew White
02-12-2006, 08:27 PM
Actually, considering I will be running and coordinating the event

I won't be participating, because I wouldn't be able to :)

See you all there.

Matthew White
02-13-2006, 02:23 AM
Winners

Frochin 1st
Butz 2nd
Googi 3rd

Congrats