PDA

View Full Version : Forest Island ideas please

ReBorn_Spirit
02-08-2006, 12:13 AM
While we are working on the Forest island, is there anything we should try to add to it?? We are thinking of making a river and maybe even bridges. Possibly moving things around, like the castle and then adding a blackforest kind of area. Even seperating part of it off to form an island I think in the northwest.

Inspiration
02-08-2006, 12:44 AM
How about.... A SHRUBBERY!

And of course another shubbery, only slightly higher so it forms a path.

CidNight1142
02-08-2006, 12:46 AM
How about.... A SHRUBBERY!

And of course another shubbery, only slightly higher so it forms a path.
Some call me...Tim

Draenin
02-08-2006, 01:15 AM
It definitely needs more landscaping than being a fat hunk of land.

Definitely put in a river that forms a moat around Forest's castle. Keep the shrine where it is. Put something in the middle. Something exciting. It's bare.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-08-2006, 02:48 AM
We have most of hte trees in allready, as for the river we have yet to decide exactly wheres that going. The Trees will cover most all of the middle up, of course theres still room to build houses and things so you can see through the trees.

Raeiphon
02-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Stick a stable, a dryad grove and various other RP encouraging locations.

ReBorn_Spirit
02-21-2006, 06:45 AM
Was hoping for a bit more information like what geographical features we can put to use. Currently we are thinking something of a group of large islands and maybe a river of some sort.

AlaricoMontario
03-05-2006, 07:20 AM
If a river could come out of a mountain, a large 1/3 of the island mountain, and run down to a lumber mill/dam...

Ravenblade1979
03-31-2006, 08:52 PM
I would like to see a few mines put in. I am a huge fan of mining and particulary get tired of having to boat it back and forth.

ViperZakuto
03-31-2006, 09:01 PM
I would like to see a few mines put in. I am a huge fan of mining and particulary get tired of having to boat it back and forth.

We thought of that idea already, Kingdoms can't have mines. That would really negate main island alot if kingdoms had mines,

Ravenblade1979
03-31-2006, 09:40 PM
I don't think so. Not if you made it kingdom only mines. And allow a few people in per day. Other then that they would need to goto the main mines to mine there.

Also set a time limit like they have in the map dungeons...like set it "you have blah minutes to mine" and a timer starts. When its done then your taken to the enterance and have to wait till your next alloted time in the mines.

Its not taking away from the main island really. Its just letting people use private mines for a set period of time.

AlaricoMontario
04-01-2006, 03:20 AM
I think if you dropped the timer thing and a '3 people only!' thing, it would makes ense.

Plus, priority of the main island needs to be taken away, because this is GRAAL KINGDOMS, not Graal Mainisland

BlkXFactr
04-01-2006, 04:03 PM
If there was ever a mine in the kingdom isle, that kingdom would have tons of people making supplies especially during a war.

Now even though I was only a forest person for a few hours. :redface:
I still like the idea of a river in the island of forest, plus bridges. :)

Ravenblade1979
04-01-2006, 05:07 PM
Well yeah true. But I think the kingdoms still need mines on their own islands. I mostly see the main island used as a source of trade and killing things. I for one want to open a store that sells iron, coal, stone and maybe some small gold nuggets on forest. But first I would love to see a mine there so I am close enough to wherever I setup my shop to be able to take a quick trip in the mines to replenish what I sell.

Draenin
04-01-2006, 05:51 PM
I would like to see forest isle as something more than a big field.

CidNight1142
04-01-2006, 07:59 PM
Well yeah true. But I think the kingdoms still need mines on their own islands. I mostly see the main island used as a source of trade and killing things. I for one want to open a store that sells iron, coal, stone and maybe some small gold nuggets on forest. But first I would love to see a mine there so I am close enough to wherever I setup my shop to be able to take a quick trip in the mines to replenish what I sell.
I doubt many people will buy when they've got a mine so close. They'd sell now because you've actually done some work.

BlkXFactr
04-02-2006, 03:19 AM
I am neither for or against the mines on kingdom islands, for it doesn't concern me.

*I just got an idea, since the idea of rivers and bridges came into play. How about a nice troll under the bridge. :redface: Just a funny thought. Someone said something abouts trees being planted around forest. If these trees are stable and not able to be cut down, then the island could use a few of them around to add character in the lands and fit the theme of the island. For example, in Zelda: Link's Awakening [Lost Woods]. Have clusters of trees in pairs leading into pathways, which may not need roads, but grasslands instead (grass = the road another words). I am just throwing things in the air. Since my time to converse with you all is limited, I thought why not help out by lending ideas to you folks. Although I think someone said this, not sure.

OasaTor_PK
04-02-2006, 03:26 AM
Forest Ideas:

A Huge forest? gg.

BlkXFactr
04-02-2006, 03:32 AM
I rather say a huge forest full of adventure, places with routes to take. Some forest mazes even.

AlaricoMontario
04-02-2006, 04:09 AM
I like the event of some NPC's.

What if there were some NPC's... that would attack you at random intervals?

Like, you walk along a trail, at all of a sudden.. BANG! Your jumped by a group of disgruntled orc bandits, protecting their nearby permanent encampment of kill-or-be-killed interactable orc village that respawns at x time x times per x days

GoZelda
04-02-2006, 12:41 PM
I like the event of some NPC's.

What if there were some NPC's... that would attack you at random intervals?

Like, you walk along a trail, at all of a sudden.. BANG! Your jumped by a group of disgruntled orc bandits, protecting their nearby permanent encampment of kill-or-be-killed interactable orc village that respawns at x time x times per x days
Good idea, but let's not forget it's Graal we're talking about...

I personally like the idea of making it indeed a big forest, with rivers etc.
Something like Ashenvale on WoW perhaps?

AlaricoMontario
04-02-2006, 04:40 PM
Yes.

Though, would it be so hard to take orc/drow graphics from even a game like Valikorlia, and make a camp somewhere?

o0?

GoZelda
04-02-2006, 05:13 PM
Yes.

Though, would it be so hard to take orc/drow graphics from even a game like Valikorlia, and make a camp somewhere?
You can't just take orc/drow graphics from Valikorlia (it's a server, not a game btw).

And, as I said, it's Graal. Adding the orc camp would be little good with all the uber players.

Ravenblade1979
04-02-2006, 05:51 PM
I didn't think the mine idea would fly. Shame too. I wonder if I can get a private one built....like make a house with stairs going into a mine.

You think that would be possible?

GoZelda
04-02-2006, 05:58 PM
You think that would be possible?
Nope. You'd need to be a girl, friends with staff and in posession of either good looks and a webcam or USD.

Ravenblade1979
04-02-2006, 07:45 PM
Great so in other words i still need to rely on the start island for all my mining needs.

AlaricoMontario
04-02-2006, 08:16 PM
Start island is.. gone

Ravenblade1979
04-02-2006, 08:46 PM
I am talking the main island. I consider it the start island.