PDA

View Full Version : Classic Overworld

Luda
01-31-2006, 04:37 AM
How come when i log on classic while im in a inside level I have to go outside in order to see the minimap and PM's, can this be fixed? it's been like this for along time !pissed!

irule13
01-31-2006, 05:21 AM
that happens to me on era and classic

Mykel
01-31-2006, 05:32 AM
How come when i log on classic while im in a inside level I have to go outside in order to see the minimap and PM's, can this be fixed? it's been like this for along time !pissed!I'm pretty sure it's the scripting, and for where the minimap loads. They probably have a script set so that the mini map is loaded on all levels that begin with something, and those levels are the overworld levels.

CidNight1142
01-31-2006, 05:39 AM
I believe this happens on kingdoms as well.

Malinko
01-31-2006, 06:00 PM
Is this a major problem? It doesn't take a lot to go on the overworld of a playerworld.

Shaun
01-31-2006, 06:03 PM
This happens on Maloria, no matter if you go on the overworld or not! You can only seem to know if you have a pm if you have F7 open. Try playing with that open!

Goodluck trying to contact somebody playing Maloria. Chances are you won't be able to unless you know the server well enough to recognize level names in profiles and are able to find the person. Even then, with dungeons being huge and maze-like and being gmapped, you'll probably have no luck. It's quite frustrating, actually. How Maloria even maintains a playercount with such a fatal mistake perplexes me.

Tom
01-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Maloria does'nt have a mini map, and you need to buy a map on Maloria for the "M" map :) Well, last time i played anyway.

Minoc
01-31-2006, 07:21 PM
Is this a major problem? It doesn't take a lot to go on the overworld of a playerworld.
It's not a major problem, but it should be fixed regardless.

Mark Sir Link
01-31-2006, 07:45 PM
This happens on Maloria, no matter if you go on the overworld or not! You can only seem to know if you have a pm if you have F7 open. Try playing with that open!

Goodluck trying to contact somebody playing Maloria. Chances are you won't be able to unless you know the server well enough to recognize level names in profiles and are able to find the person. Even then, with dungeons being huge and maze-like and being gmapped, you'll probably have no luck. It's quite frustrating, actually. How Maloria even maintains a playercount with such a fatal mistake perplexes me.

Maloria has custom massing and toalls, that's why.

Edit:
Toalls don't work without a minimap. People I've tried to get ahold of that play there don't notice the 1.7 second custom massing at the bottom either.

Also, if you've been keeping up, there is a new Graal version, 4, which lets you pm people on other servers.

I simply think it's rediculous that Maloria for all it's great scripting lacked the foresight to realize pm's are of significance in Graal.

Please, go do something more useful like argue today's cars don't need tires or something.

Those masses don't disappear that quickly, unless there is a rapid sending of them.

I don't see how Maloria is inhibiting you from accessing the playerlist for global PMs. The playerlist is probably far more conveinent then the map, anyway.

What size resolution are you playing on? Is your monitor 5 inches? If you have difficulty playing the game with the playerlist open, you have some issues going on.

With all it's scripting, it sill cannot recode the base foundations of graal, so of course they couldn't make PMs appear on the map. They probably can now, though.

CidNight1142
01-31-2006, 08:21 PM
Well, on kingdoms for example, there are some things that you can spend a couple hours doing. If you sign on in a mine and want to mine for a couple hours, and you're already at the deepest part of the mine (usually where the most minerals are) then you arent going to want to walk all the way out and in again just to see the minimap.

Shaun
01-31-2006, 09:08 PM
Maloria has custom massing and toalls, that's why.

Toalls don't work without a minimap. People I've tried to get ahold of that play there don't notice the 1.7 second custom massing at the bottom either.

Also, if you've been keeping up, there is a new Graal version, 4, which lets you pm people on other servers.

I simply think it's rediculous that Maloria for all it's great scripting lacked the foresight to realize pm's are of significance in Graal.

Please, go do something more useful like argue today's cars don't need tires or something.

Shaun
01-31-2006, 09:28 PM
Those masses don't disappear that quickly, unless there is a rapid sending of them.

They always have for me. Even if just one when none others have been sent for awhile. They dissapear in under 2 seconds.

I don't see how Maloria is inhibiting you from accessing the playerlist for global PMs. The playerlist is probably far more conveinent then the map, anyway.

When I am on one server, I try to pm somebody that is on Maloria. I'm not talking about pm'ing from Maloria.

What size resolution are you playing on? Is your monitor 5 inches? If you have difficulty playing the game with the playerlist open, you have some issues going on.

I don't know. I have only a weak 128 MB ATI Radeon 300X gfx card. I guess the highest resolution that thing'll spit out on my widescreen monitor. Anyways, the playerlist, for me, usually is stretched out long vertically, and so it takes put a good part of my screen. In Maloria, it is vital that you don't die, and unfortunately, all the npc's and players are not all on just one side of the screen. They often are all around.

With all it's scripting, it sill cannot recode the base foundations of graal, so of course they couldn't make PMs appear on the map. They probably can now, though.

Things with pm's in scripting have been done before.

Mykel
01-31-2006, 09:50 PM
If I'm right and it's just because of the scripting...in order to fix it, they would have to go into every single inside level, get the name of the inside level, and then add it to the script.

Maniaman
01-31-2006, 10:31 PM
Maloria doesn't have a minimap set up. That's why pms wont show up. Could be added sometime I guess.

Mykel
02-01-2006, 12:10 AM
Maloria doesn't have a minimap set up. That's why pms wont show up. Could be added sometime I guess.Couldn't you just add one that was all transparency so that you can't actually see a map, but PMs show up?