PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Guilds.

maximus_asinus
01-19-2006, 06:29 AM
I reported a list of copyrighted guilds to the guild admin again, and his reply has been that even though the guilds I mentioned were indeed infringing on copyright, because they've been around for more the six months, he won't do anything about them.

I will assume that this post will be deleted, but I hope a couple people see this. I don't agree with this 'rule'. He is taking a blind eye towards these guilds because he wishes to remain popular, instead of doing his job correctly.

Opinions?

There is no reason to delete guilds with trademarked names.
What's the next step, account names?

Regardless, the six months rule is senseless.
Ok if trademark names can get passed, then I want my guild Microsoft to be accepted.

Shaun
01-19-2006, 06:32 AM
Does this mean Hyrule Knights can come back?

Moondeath_2
01-19-2006, 06:59 AM
Wow, I have a short message to add this is partly for Stefan. But would it be possible to add something to kill global guild posing on playerworlds inbeded in the server or something?

Minoc
01-19-2006, 07:29 AM
There is no reason to delete guilds with trademarked names.
What's the next step, account names?

Regardless, the six months rule is senseless.

icemaster
01-19-2006, 03:40 PM
I reported a list of copyrighted guilds to the guild admin again, and his reply has been that even though the guilds I mentioned were indeed infringing on copyright, because they've been around for more the six months, he won't do anything about them.

I will assume that this post will be deleted, but I hope a couple people see this. I don't agree with this 'rule'. He is taking a blind eye towards these guilds because he wishes to remain popular, instead of doing his job correctly.

Opinions?

Ok if trademark names can get passed, then I want my guild Microsoft to be accepted.

eh im not saying this cause my old guild was from an anime...so basically, copyrighting lol, but why do you care if people use copyrighted names?

i could see your point clear as day but........seriously lol

and why wouldnt your guild Microsoft be passed? if by some chance thats not allowed cause of it being trademarked then your absolutely right...everyone should have the rule against them...other wise, ya...

--Chris--
01-19-2006, 04:51 PM
I was actually intending to inform him about it too. I saw "SeeD" from ff8 and such. Heh, I remember a PWA app had a question about this in the past too so the guilds obviously should be removed.

CidNight1142
01-19-2006, 05:41 PM
Well, I used to be (about 6 years ago mind you) in a guild called "Final Fantasy"...both original AND uncopyrighted. [/sarcasm]

maximus_asinus
01-19-2006, 06:38 PM
Well, I used to be (about 6 years ago mind you) in a guild called "Final Fantasy"...both original AND uncopyrighted. [/sarcasm]
I was in Final Fantasy too before it was disbanned, I can't remember if it was done by Bhala or if the leader disbanned it. Either way, you can't recreate the guild.

someonesomewhere
01-19-2006, 08:07 PM
So basically, he'll allow the guilds you've reported to remain, yet will not allow the creation of new guilds breaking that rule?
That isn't right. I vote Aye for Microsoft.

syltburk
01-19-2006, 08:48 PM
yeah i was also in final fantasy :cool:

VulcanP2P
01-19-2006, 10:47 PM
:whatever: You've been told it's on my list of things to do. So, please, do not accuse me of doing my job incorrectly when you have been told I will get to them.