PDA

View Full Version : Varandel

Tom
01-18-2006, 11:35 PM
Finally, me, Tom, have got my hands gripped onto a server, thanks to the great Eagle who let me use it, currently called, "Bravo Debug" until we get it changed :P

Well, im basically making an rpg server, "yes another rpg server", but i enjoy making medevil things, and i make so much random medevil graphics, i thought i might aswell use them for a good cause and get a server made with the help of some friends.

Basicially following the same lines as Endora, Maloria , Kudosai, just better quality than all of them :)

I just churn out graphics like theres no tomorow, so i basically need scripters and LATs, i dont want to make this into a boring job, i want people to enjoy making it. So theres no pressure.

I got about, ::counts::....30 pages full of designs for the server, quest designs, weapons, spell ideas, plans to make it all even for everyone, gameplay so players are never bored, so they are always able to do something.

Just post questions and ill answer any questions, id really apprechiate the help to get this server made. Help me make it happen! :D

napo_p2p
01-18-2006, 11:48 PM
I think Relic is nice. Isn't that an RP server? Why not use these ideas there?

Tom
01-18-2006, 11:57 PM
We closed Relic, and Velox is creating an independant game using the graphics we made and plans :)
Basically Relic will be its own game using a certain engine. :)

Benjamin1810
01-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Will you be hiring? and can i eb staff just to log on lol

Mykel
01-19-2006, 01:39 AM
We closed Relic, and Velox is creating an independant game using the graphics we made and plans :)
Basically Relic will be its own game using a certain engine. :)Um, were you guys going to tell anyone? (before now of course)

TonyRivers
01-19-2006, 03:54 AM
Actually we kind of wanted to keep the suprise when we released but now that the cat is out of the bag we might as well fess up.. Relic simply has too much potential to be developed on what Graal has to offer. We are taking Relic independent and currently working on creating a game client with the Torque -2D engine. This offers us not only more scripting capabilities but also the option to use multi-layered tiles a feature which has really held Graal development back over the years. As a response to this thread if you need any graphics help I'd be glad to throw some gfx together while we wait for the new Engine.

Eagle
01-19-2006, 06:02 AM
Sounds good, Tom. Hopefully you can pull something off. I can help, of course. :)

Sacred Shadow
01-19-2006, 04:49 PM
Yeah, Tom, you know I will help you if you ever have any problems, but you'll have to catch me when I'm not busy.

Tom
01-19-2006, 07:11 PM
Awesome, rocks knowing friends are helping ^^
I really want yo make this work, doing rapid ideas, now 36 pages, both sides xD

Thrashsoul3
01-19-2006, 11:09 PM
If you really want to make an RPG , you really need good scripters or your hopes will die quickly.

Yen
01-19-2006, 11:31 PM
Doodeedoo
MUD Lib + GUI + Weapon control finished

Codein
01-19-2006, 11:45 PM
If you really want to make an RPG , you really need good scripters or your hopes will die quickly.

Doodeedoo
MUD Lib + GUI + Weapon control finished

I kinda lol'd

Give me a preview or something over MSN, Tom.
[email protected], new address.

Mykel
01-20-2006, 03:12 AM
Yeah, Yen owns all.

Show updates now. :D

Rick
01-20-2006, 03:53 AM
Only staff can login to this server. :(

Tom
01-20-2006, 06:59 PM
Yeah, i will turn off the staff only thing, it would get lonely :P
And Yen and i have gotten quite alot done, and also joined us is another gfx artist called Jer, hes probably better than me, so we now have some really nice graphics and images coming through our hands.
Basically just the levels to do then we have the basic server made xD
Everything after this is extra to what maloria has :D Ownage.

Yen
01-20-2006, 09:42 PM
We need LATs.
I can't afford to have Tom fixing up levels. :(

Tom
01-20-2006, 10:32 PM
Yeah, can't afford for me to be making lebels :(
Need LATs D:

p.s Yen is too fast of a scripter to keep up on the gfx for his requests xD

Tom
01-21-2006, 02:14 PM
We really need LAT help, the gfx and scripting is...well just gone through the roof, and the majority of scripts are done pretty much.
So yeah, now we are in dire need for LATs to work on the cute lil overworld.

Maniaman
01-21-2006, 02:56 PM
Basicially following the same lines as Endora, Maloria , Kudosai, just better quality than all of them :)
Everything after this is extra to what maloria has :D Ownage.
:rolleyes:

DarkPhantom316
01-21-2006, 04:44 PM
Blarg, did he say Jer was joining him? :eek:
That's not cool :[
Anyway gl with the server vem, not many
new servers survive the long wait of development

On an unrelated note:
omg is this my first post? :D

Tom
01-21-2006, 08:07 PM
rofl, omg Phantom actually used the graal forums -wets pants- buzz...warm..
And shush about jer, hes my secret weapon xD