PDA

View Full Version : RC2 released

Admins
01-18-2006, 09:16 PM
The new Remote Control has been released. Download it via v4, on the login server click on the "Update" tab and select Remote Control 2.
This is a tool for server administration.

Most important improvements compared to RC1:
- You can watch and edit profiles
- Playerlist tab with guilds and server tab
- IRC-like chatting, you can communicate with staff on other servers or players using the F8 window to chat
- You can open several script windows, there is syntax highlighting and display of line number
- There is a new way of banning - via "Edit Access" and "/openaccess account". This will replace the old banning. All servers will be restarted until tomorrow evening and the old bans will be removed, but we will upload a text file temp/bans.txt where you can see the old bans and eventually reban them using the new tools. We decided to not copy the old bans into database because there are many unfair lifetime-bans which finally need to be cleared, if people have done bad stuff so that they deserve lifetime ban then they should be globally banned.
- The new RC makes it possible to restrict access by computer (instead of ip check), this is not enabled yet though

haunter
01-18-2006, 09:19 PM
*Sits and waits for March 31st* :)

Minoc
01-18-2006, 09:22 PM
*Sits and waits for March 31st* :)
o?

haunter
01-18-2006, 09:24 PM
o?
According to the link that Stefan provided me in another thread that's the expected release date of V1.0 for GTK Mac OS X. RC 2 needs GTK to run.

At least this is my understanding. :)

Yen
01-18-2006, 09:27 PM
I can't express my love for Stefan without being incarcerated. :(

Tom
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
I've been wondering why i could'nt find this lol.
My adventure for the RC2 ends.

Inverness
01-18-2006, 09:57 PM
Oi! I'm glad this RC2 doesn't have that ugly theme! ^^
And maybe you could make the syntax highlighting for server ops, folder cfg, and server flags seperate?

Crono
01-18-2006, 10:15 PM
Awesome!

But how do I make it automatically upload a level I click "save" on in the level editor? For example in RC1, if you click "edit" on a level and without fiddling around on the RC and just keeping the level editor open, you can automatically upload a level simply by clicking save. Is that possible here?

WanDaMan
01-18-2006, 10:24 PM
Add a search button to the RC serverlist.

sage_scooby
01-18-2006, 10:25 PM
I loaded RC2 before the server restarts worked fine, but after the restart I cant log onto Aeon with it. As soon as I click connect it locks up and bogs my comp down.

Edit: odd I had it pinned to my start menu, loaded it from there got the problem. Then I loaded it from the graal2001 folder and loaded no problem.

Nightmareangel
01-18-2006, 10:27 PM
My v4 client doesn't have an Updates tab anymore. It only has Servers, Events, and Chat. x-x

sage_scooby
01-18-2006, 10:28 PM
My v4 client doesn't have an Updates tab anymore. It only has Servers, Events, and Chat. x-x

Open a new instance of graalV4. pressing F8 in game doesnt load the update menu.

Admins
01-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Awesome!

But how do I make it automatically upload a level I click "save" on in the level editor? For example in RC1, if you click "edit" on a level and without fiddling around on the RC and just keeping the level editor open, you can automatically upload a level simply by clicking save. Is that possible here?

It should work the same way, you double-click on a level in the file browser, edit it, and then when you press 'Save' then it is automatically uploading it.

Admins
01-18-2006, 10:30 PM

It depends on which server you are, if you are on the login server then it displays the general Graal updates, on other servers you might find graphic packs and such, e.g. on Zone.

Nightmareangel
01-18-2006, 10:31 PM
Open a new instance of graalV4. pressing F8 in game doesnt load the update menu.

har har...yeah I'm blind. Thanks for the help.

Chris
01-18-2006, 10:36 PM
Oh man the people on Era will have a field day with this. All those idiots unbanned. *cries*

excaliber7388
01-18-2006, 10:45 PM
Could you just allow downloading of it from graalonline, not through graal 4, as I still cannot get graal 4 to work (however I found I can get it to work once, if i delete anything with the work graal4 in it, then reload it) I tried once, but RC2 was not downloaded.

Admins
01-18-2006, 11:13 PM
Could you just allow downloading of it from graalonline, not through graal 4, as I still cannot get graal 4 to work (however I found I can get it to work once, if i delete anything with the work graal4 in it, then reload it) I tried once, but RC2 was not downloaded.

Ok get it at
http://www.graalonline.com/downloads/RemoteControl2.exe

excaliber7388
01-18-2006, 11:24 PM
=| that creates an error x_X

napo_p2p
01-18-2006, 11:29 PM
=| that creates an error x_X

It would help if you said what kind of error and/or any error messages.

Brad
01-19-2006, 12:03 AM
sweet some of my friends who are banned can come back

Andy0687
01-19-2006, 12:16 AM
Ive waited my whole life for multi window script editing.

Yen
01-19-2006, 12:26 AM
- IRC-like chatting, you can communicate with staff on other servers or players using the F8 window to chat

Explain?

Prozac
01-19-2006, 12:35 AM
Rc2 is awesome! Thank you!

the only downside i see is that staff can be on rc but with the ability to talk on the channels, even less work will be done by some staff. but that really can't be controlled anyways.

Great job!

excaliber7388
01-19-2006, 12:41 AM
It would help if you said what kind of error and/or any error messages.
It looks like a script error, it says something about a pango error, and a line in the code with glyphs in it (line #75), later says that I exited microsoft visual basic wrong x_X (like you hit the X button while a program is not able to quit, abnormal termination) anyway, I can't open it x_x

Minoc
01-19-2006, 12:43 AM
Ive waited my whole life for multi window script editing.
You must be very young.

osrs
01-19-2006, 12:44 AM
It's really nice to see Graal growing day-by-day. Can anyone post a screenshot of the Remote-Control later since I don't have Graal installed here ? Thanks. :)

Skyld
01-19-2006, 12:45 AM
Explain?
Hit F7 in RC2. You'll see.

Sacred Shadow
01-19-2006, 12:53 AM
Maybe editing profiles should be a level 4 right. It should probably say in RC:
AdminAccount has loaded the profile of <account>.
AdminAccount has set the profile of <account>.

Sulukra
01-19-2006, 12:53 AM
I really like the RC version.

Above all else, I like the "Ignore mass messages" button.

A dream come true.

Andy0687
01-19-2006, 12:59 AM
You must be very young.

That or else ive just never had much else to look forward too ;[

Ibonic
01-19-2006, 01:09 AM
Maybe editing profiles should be a level 4 right. It should probably say in RC:
AdminAccount has loaded the profile of <account>.
AdminAccount has set the profile of <account>.

Last time I checked, only accounts with a global adminlevel of 3 or higher could actually edit others' profiles. And it shows for example "Ibonic changed the profile of Ibo" when applied. But maybe that's changed.

I also don't think playerworld staff should be able to edit someone's global profile.

Spark910
01-19-2006, 01:22 AM
Add a search button to the RC serverlist.
I'm sure you probably already knew it, but there is one, just start typing.

Ibonic
01-19-2006, 01:28 AM
I suppose I'll post this before people start asking about how to unban computers, since those tabs don't show up unless the person is online. You can access them by using the command: /openaccess pc:####

Stefan, this should probably be added to the /help list?

Obviously to find the computer ID you want to unban, you'll have to look through the /localbans list for now.

Blitz_Hunter
01-19-2006, 01:31 AM
So is skinning this one the same as the last? I've had people say they tried skinning RC2 and it wont load for them.

DIABLO2099
01-19-2006, 01:43 AM
I think it will be a mistake to let those people be unbanned who were banned with the old system. I am sure there are servers who have thousands of people banned all for legit reasons and will have to take away time from their job to reban those people.

Moondeath_2
01-19-2006, 01:47 AM
It depends on which server you are, if you are on the login server then it displays the general Graal updates, on other servers you might find graphic packs and such, e.g. on Zone.

About those server update tabs... I found a thread about it but I still don't get how to do it.. x_x

Admins
01-19-2006, 01:48 AM
It looks like a script error, it says something about a pango error, and a line in the code with glyphs in it (line #75), later says that I exited microsoft visual basic wrong x_X (like you hit the X button while a program is not able to quit, abnormal termination) anyway, I can't open it x_x

Currently it doesn't work on Windows95/98

Chris
01-19-2006, 01:54 AM
Profiles via RC2 do not work for me. :frown:

Blitz_Hunter
01-19-2006, 01:58 AM
Profiles via RC2 do not work for me. :frown:

Same here.

punkyx
01-19-2006, 02:00 AM
Someone tell me how to find out my PC # or use their almighty global skills to unban me on N-Pulse. Yeah, I don't want to explain because I will sound retarded but...the account is punkyx. Thanks.

excaliber7388
01-19-2006, 02:06 AM
Currently it doesn't work on Windows95/98
I have ME, so I guess it doesn't work for that either (hey, what does?)

Ibonic
01-19-2006, 02:21 AM
Someone tell me how to find out my PC # or use their almighty global skills to unban me on N-Pulse. Yeah, I don't want to explain because I will sound retarded but...the account is punkyx. Thanks.

The server needs to be restarted to enable the new banning features and so on. Even with your computer ID, I can't properly unban you until that's done.

Nightmareangel
01-19-2006, 02:40 AM
I have ME, so I guess it doesn't work for that either (hey, what does?)

Yeah I have ME as well and I get that same error. : (

excaliber7388
01-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Do you have trouble with V4 as well? (and a few other programs, but thats not the point)

ZeLpH_MyStiK
01-19-2006, 02:55 AM
Stefan do you think it'd be doable to have the [ESC] button act as a shortcut for close? Just like in the old version? It'd be really helpful.

Admins
01-19-2006, 04:01 AM
Stefan do you think it'd be doable to have the [ESC] button act as a shortcut for close? Just like in the old version? It'd be really helpful.
For PMs ?

Gambet
01-19-2006, 05:23 AM
For PMs ?

On RC1, the ESC key would close RC, but it would not terminate the program. Rather, it was a "lazy" way of closing RC so that the window does not bother you or block you from working on other things/surfing through other programs. On RC2, pressing the ESC key, while on the normal screen of any server you have logged on to, nothing will occur.

Kronan
01-19-2006, 05:31 AM
I'm not to fond of the pre-defined ban times. I rather set my own, and make my own reasons. It's quite dumb that it doesn't allow me to choose "Other" for a ban.

Admins
01-19-2006, 05:44 AM
I'm not to fond of the pre-defined ban times. I rather set my own, and make my own reasons. It's quite dumb that it doesn't allow me to choose "Other" for a ban.

If you need a new ban type added then contact me. It is better if local bans are only done in a serious way, with predefined ban reasons and ban messages instead of local admins doing 'fun messages'.
The database of bantypes and bantimes can easily be modified and updated, without updating the RC.

Zeltino
01-19-2006, 05:48 AM
So ME doesn't allow it to run. That Pango Error. Damn you Pango!

*tear =(

HoudiniMan
01-19-2006, 06:02 AM
For PMs ?

For closing the window in focus. And, if the main window happens to be in focus, then minimize to the taskbar. :)

So is skinning this one the same as the last? I've had people say they tried skinning RC2 and it wont load for them.

HoudiniMan's GreenRC Ported to RC2!!! :D

Warcaptain
01-19-2006, 06:50 AM
how to skin graal RC?

Warcaptain
01-19-2006, 06:54 AM
also... if you can re-add it so that the delete key does things. (it used to disconnect players, delete npc's etc..)

in addition.. while i understand you are trying to crack down on PW's banning for unfair reasons.. you are going to probably run into more problems of people either: a) not wanting to ban someone for just the pre-defined ammount of time for a 'crime' or b) people just going to Other Unlimited all the time, and saying they will 'come back' later

honestly, it would probably be easier if you just made it so you could type in the offense, and select an ammount of time. you are going to have to police unfair bans just the same with this new system.. doing what i suggested merely makes things easier on fair administrators.

HoudiniMan
01-19-2006, 07:30 AM
how to skin graal RC?

Download mine and look how i did it.

You have to put the color codes in the config, and make your own images if you want to. You can use your old RC skin images but you have to split the "up" and "down" states into separate images now.

Zxion
01-19-2006, 08:57 AM
Uhh...yeah...I've been banned from Classic since Feb. 2003 -_-

WanDaMan
01-19-2006, 12:03 PM
I'm sure you probably already knew it, but there is one, just start typing.

:eek: I tried that and it didn't work :frown:

Admins
01-19-2006, 02:42 PM
So ME doesn't allow it to run. That Pango Error. Damn you Pango!

*tear =(

It's actually the Cairo vector engine (part of GTK) which is not working on Windows95/98/ME :/

Prozac
01-19-2006, 05:58 PM
I noticed that on adding or deleing npc wepaons or classes,
when you click Apply, it does not update the list of npcs
until you refresh the window.

Is there a way to have the Apply in the code window communicate to the npc weapon/class list and refresh the list when an npc is saved as new/updated/deleted?

Admins
01-19-2006, 06:11 PM
Upate: released versions for Windows95/95/ME and for Linux with older GTK 2.0

Malinko
01-19-2006, 07:35 PM
Pre-defined ban reasons is quite nice in addition with the automatic un-ban.

I think "detailed" ban messages can go in the account comments, which local staff can check if needed.

farte6
01-19-2006, 09:51 PM
RC......I sure dont like it
The Whole text setup and all needs to be like it was on RC1 because its currently unpleaseing.
Also
It would be nice if ya know made is so you could open files without having the download it like on RC1....man that so annoying downloading every text and picture file to a folder.

VulcanP2P
01-19-2006, 10:43 PM
RC......I sure dont like it
The Whole text setup and all needs to be like it was on RC1 because its currently unpleaseing.
Also
It would be nice if ya know made is so you could open files without having the download it like on RC1....man that so annoying downloading every text and picture file to a folder.

You do know about the right click and edit as text, right?

Admins
01-20-2006, 12:49 AM

Text setup?

Also
There is no "Edit" option anymore, but you can still double-click on files and you can use "Edit Text" for easy editing of text files

ZeLpH_MyStiK
01-20-2006, 01:37 AM
For closing the window in focus. And, if the main window happens to be in focus, then minimize to the taskbar. :)
Yep, that's exactly what i meant. It makes things a lot more convenient, and old RC users are probably a lot used to using the [ESC] key to minimize RC to the system tray as opposed to moving your mouse over to the corner and pressing the [x] button.

btw: RC2 is still showing RC chat text a lot slower than RC1 does, although it is a great improvement from older RC2 versions.

jake13jake
01-20-2006, 03:23 AM
Two most pleasing features you could probably add:
1. Stylesheets for syntax highlighting, chat text, etc.
2. Auto-unban (although I just hear this, I've never had the power to ban)

Oh, and I like how you forced me to have a download folder... my desktop is really cluttered.

Yen
01-20-2006, 05:28 AM
Oh my god.. I just noticed the 'Edit as text' in the file manager.
I LOVE YOU, STEFAN!

napo_p2p
01-20-2006, 09:51 AM
With RC2, I have to log off RC when I go on my BOOM HEADSHOT! breaks to play America's Army :( (PunkBuster conficts with RC2).

Other than that RC2 rocks. Overshot my expectations (and I even had a 'sneak preview').

xXziroXx
01-20-2006, 03:22 PM
I have problems getting RC2 to even run. Im using Windows 2000 and when I try to run the .exe, it loads for a few seconds and then nothing.. No errors or anything, but it just wont open. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Admins
01-20-2006, 03:49 PM
I have problems getting RC2 to even run. Im using Windows 2000 and when I try to run the .exe, it loads for a few seconds and then nothing.. No errors or anything, but it just wont open. Any ideas on how to get it to work?

Both versions? There is also a compatibility version for Windows95/98/ME, basicly the same program just using an old look and more compatible (older) libraries.

xXziroXx
01-20-2006, 03:56 PM
Yeah, I tried both versions and none of them will run.

Silent
01-20-2006, 07:02 PM
It's nice that we can open more than one script at a time now, but it's possible to open the same script multiple times which can get a little confusing. Could this be prevented please?

Sam
01-20-2006, 08:44 PM
Pre-defined ban reasons is quite nice in addition with the automatic un-ban.

I disagree.
The pre defined bans are good, if the reason is defined but if a person was banned several times he deserves a longer ban time. There must be a editfunction for that kind of bans!
And please soon!

Elk
01-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Voll Geil

Rockt.

Admins
01-20-2006, 10:57 PM
I disagree.
The pre defined bans are good, if the reason is defined but if a person was banned several times he deserves a longer ban time. There must be a editfunction for that kind of bans!
And please soon!

Then we just add a new bantype for that, like we did for multiple jailings ?

Admins
01-20-2006, 11:00 PM
Update: new RC2 versions released. Updates:

- you can close several windows with the <escape> key (server list, main window, player list, PMs)
- in the serverlist you can connect by pressing the <enter> key
- fixed sorting of channels/chatters
- fixed a freezing problem on connect

Sam
01-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Then we just add a new bantype for that, like we did for multiple jailings ?
Yes please, that should help in cases of persistent offenders.

Yen
01-20-2006, 11:09 PM
It'd also be nice if you added the 'Edit Script Flags' check box?
I can't even open my attributes, because it'll mess up my items array :(

napo_p2p
01-20-2006, 11:14 PM
When I ban myself and try to connect it shows no ban reason. It just says "You have been disconnected..."

It would be nice if it showed ban reason and time left.

Nitro2030ce
01-21-2006, 02:26 AM
i have an idea for RC2, flashing tabs for when a message is sent to you in a different chat window.
Like, lets say you are in the channel #Blah, and some one sends you a message in the RC Chat tab, it should flash to tell you that you have a message.

Lord Sephiroth
01-21-2006, 02:58 AM
This might have been answered already I dunno if it has please refer.

Why is there a tab at the top of RC2 with "RC Chat" on it? Can there be more than one tab there? if so, what?

Yen
01-21-2006, 03:00 AM
You can add more tabs for each IRC channel you're connected to.
Use F7.

ZeLpH_MyStiK
01-21-2006, 03:16 AM
Suggestion:
1. Allow one instance of RC2 to connect to multiple servers making use of the tabs. I'm not sure how complicated this would get, but it would be a nice feature, since each instance of RC2 take up a lot more memory usage now.

excaliber7388
01-21-2006, 03:51 AM
I still can't use it x_X

Yen
01-21-2006, 04:01 AM
Did you download the proper RC for your OS?

Lotus_Flower
01-21-2006, 12:25 PM
I've got the same problem maybe
the first time rc started without any problems
now it only appears at the taskmanager process list
the win98 version works in compatibility mode but i can't use graphical menu

Spark910
01-21-2006, 01:32 PM
Suggestion:
1. Allow one instance of RC2 to connect to multiple servers making use of the tabs. I'm not sure how complicated this would get, but it would be a nice feature, since each instance of RC2 take up a lot more memory usage now.
Yeah, this was my initial thought of what the tabs were for :cool:

napo_p2p
01-22-2006, 04:10 AM
It's nice that we can open more than one script at a time now, but it's possible to open the same script multiple times which can get a little confusing. Could this be prevented please?

Yeah it would be nice if trying to open a script 'twice' would just put focus on the window that is already open.

Admins
01-22-2006, 05:04 AM

Why not? There was a freezing problem with the graphical mode which has been fixed yesterday, update the package

Lotus_Flower
01-22-2006, 10:55 AM
I've updated it after the 2k/xp version doesn't start any more
now the 2k/xp version won't start at all
and to use the 98/me version i must deactivate the graphical menu and use compatibility mode else the rc will freeze when i'm connecting to an server

both versions are 2.02

xXziroXx
01-22-2006, 01:07 PM
And RC2 still wont load for me..

Admins
01-22-2006, 03:34 PM
and to use the 98/me version i must deactivate the graphical menu and use compatibility mode else the rc will freeze when i'm connecting to an server

both versions are 2.02

What date shows on the RC window when you are connected - 2006-01-20 is the most recent ?

Lotus_Flower
01-22-2006, 04:50 PM
Yep, it shows 2006/01/20

maybe it helps to say that when i'm going to connect with graphical menu
graal stops working too

excaliber7388
01-23-2006, 12:39 AM
And RC2 still wont load for me..
Me neither, comes up with the same script error, and i can't use /openban or /openaccess in rc1 x_X
**EDIT**
rc2 works now, if you downloaded from the link stefan gave in this thread earlier, it won't work. v4 should work for everyone now, use that version. I just got it <3 i love it so much. The new ban system is AWSOME XD howver, there is a small bug with text when you scroll in the npc editing windows, and a few others

xXziroXx
01-23-2006, 06:04 PM
It STILL refuses to run for me.. Ive tried both version - both are v2.02, none work.

Lord Sephiroth
01-23-2006, 06:07 PM
I dunno why I just don't like the RC2.
It's more of a scripters RC than anything else, as Yen told me "Its a thousand times better for a Scripter"
But myself, being a leveler, I dunno, I liked the old one better. o_O;

HoudiniMan
01-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Suggestion:
1. Allow one instance of RC2 to connect to multiple servers making use of the tabs.

Supported!

Also, I don't agree with "Flashing" on new messages, but perhaps turning the Tab name text red or some other color instead.

That way you know there are new messages but it is not annoying to ignore a certain channel with a lot of acitivty.

gamer4lifebitach
01-31-2006, 12:33 AM
Yo stefan, i know your busy or lazy (one of the two), anyways when i load rc2 i can load the non-graphic menu one, but when i try to load the graphic menu one the rc2 freezes up on me and it wont do anything after it freezes. (also its not my pc, my pc is worth more than most of your pc's people.).

Also my pc is XP so ya.

Lotus_Flower
02-11-2006, 10:19 AM
I've postet this some time ago but somehow it seemed like no one is interested in it
The same problem like you i've got with the "RemoteControl2_compat.exe"
downloaded with the Graal 4 Update Tab
On the other side the remotecontrol2.exe won't do anything at all
it not even shows the login thing

Moondeath_2
02-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Do you think that'll help the situation right now with the problem adding that he might be lazy? and just saying you're on windows. I've noticed a few problems with RC2 i'll list them.

- On graphical mode when switching windows the font messes up.
- Both graphical and non-graphical mode have pasting errors.
( I will sometimes after pasting a new user in my server ops or pasting a log or script they will scramble )
- When minimized to the tray the program doesn't update so a few minutes after i'm disconnected from what ever server I am on.
- When you use the scroll bar on any part of the RC program it will randomly jumble the text also.

Lotus_Flower
02-19-2006, 09:47 PM
maybe your not able to read what i posted before :redface:

both versions are 2.02

Yep, it shows 2006/01/20

maybe it helps to say that when i'm going to connect with graphical menu
graal stops working too

there isn't anything else i can say about that problem
and for my part i think it's enough to say what you can say >_<

alissalee
02-24-2006, 02:02 AM
i had a problem wit rc2 aswell it started saying wat happens when ur globaly banned
just happend to one of my staff aswell