PDA

View Full Version : Argos graphics tileset artist needed

Prozac
01-16-2006, 08:49 PM
Argos is seeking a skilled tileset artist
to create/merge some of the old Graal tiles from version 1.27 into the modern tileset.

For information about Argos, including the background story and world gmap ideas (actual map below) the website is www.figmentcode.com/argos

Those who apply will have experince making tiles for a playerworld.
Send a sample of your graphic skills, and playerworlds you have worked for to [email protected]

I have parts of the old tileset that I want merged into the present tileset,
and other item/animal/plant drawing skills would be a bonus, but we need tiles made first to dive into the overworld progress.

Here is a screen shot of the present OSL level, and the general idea of the gmap. As you see, after I have the tiles, I will need some LAT too but I want the tiles first:

Codein
01-17-2006, 11:07 PM
A spar zone in the OSL. Genius.
Shame I can't help. I would have otherwise.

Prozac
01-18-2006, 05:41 PM
Codien, I am not sure what that disjointed combination of words is supposed to mean, if you were being overwhelmingly sarcastic, or if that level is too good for you, but I am still in need of a tileset artist.
I have seen at least one other server with a spar zone in the OSL, and most people I know on Graal enjoy a good spar.

But for what I need, perhaps "artist" is too much.
All I need is a few minutes of someone's time who has something better than a laptop touchpad, like a real mouse, who can copy and paste to the exact pixel from one image to the other to help make this nice tileset. It is a very quick and simple thing for the person with good eye hand coordination.

If you have anything helpful, useful, relevant and necesarry to say, then post it, otherwise it can create unnecesarry conflict. In the words of Bill and Ted, "Be excellent to each other".

haunter
01-18-2006, 06:23 PM
Most graphics editing programs have a nudge function that allows you to use your keyboard's arrow keys to move seleceted pixels in one pixel intervals.

Malinko
01-18-2006, 07:02 PM
Most graphics editing programs have a nudge function that allows you to use your keyboard's arrow keys to move seleceted pixels in one pixel intervals.
Which is quite useful. :):)