PDA

View Full Version : Myrrodin is hiring again.

Sulukra
01-06-2006, 04:43 AM
Well, I made this thread mostly because I got tired of updating the old thread, so I just made a new one with more compacted info all in one place. Saves time browsing through old posts of mine.

So, lets get on with it. Myrrodin is an RPing server of a strict RPing type. So far we have....

-Two towns (2x3 and 3x5) and one Imp town (Non Gmapped)
-More non-connected levels; about 20, maybe.
-2 forests
-Mountain climbing range
-Aenarite Fort (Nation fort)
-Winter tileset (Its there right now, happy winter.)
-Hunting system, spear/bow compatable
-Fishing, 5 kinds of fish
-Farming, with seeds.
-A PK on/off system, for bored RPers/Non RPers
-Fully functional mining system with mineral dropping
-The ability to choose what kingdom you wish to join (Two out right now, possibly more coming)
-Tileset.
-Worldmap holding together the overworld. (Two levels, soon expanding :P)
-Lots of weapons. (Quite a few out right now.)
-Two instruments (Lute and Ocarina)

Now then, onto the hirings. Currently we need LATs, GATs, SATs and one or two good NATs. (Must be GS1 and GS2 compatable.)

LAT tryouts must be sent to [email protected] and include two-four levels, half of which are insides half of which are outsides. Must be in an RPing style of LATing.

SATs must send a similar tryout, composed of four (minimum) sounds to be examined.

GATs must send atleast three graphics of their own design and making. These would preferrably be in an RPing style too.

NATs must send three examples of scripts they have created, and one must be in GS2.

Now, onto the screenshots. A few screenshots are attached to this post, view them at will.

Well, that was one long post.

Sulukra
01-11-2006, 04:55 AM
After being closed for a very brief period of time, our overworld is once again open, sorry for any inconvenience.

Sulukra
01-20-2006, 11:29 PM
On a side note, theres gonna be an update soon. This update will include:
Two towns
Weapons
A new system of making money

Hope you're all as excited as I am.

how do you make a level like that? (like the last picture)

Actually, our manager made us the tiles for the world map. It took awhile for it to get that good, but I'm pretty proud of it.

Its one of our good features.

Oh, wait, its our -only- good feature ;)

talkingnoodle
01-21-2006, 01:12 AM

Damix2
01-21-2006, 01:38 AM

Clever tile work and some custom graphics

Sulukra
01-23-2006, 03:59 AM
Thought I might give a bit more in-depth about the upcoming update, so you know what to expect.

LETS SEE

Town 1 - Aenar town (Name pending, y'know.)

The capital city of the Aenar nation, sort of greekesque really. Built in the middle of the lake. Includes barracks, weapon shop, smithy and houses for players. The town is rich in culture, often holding events and mass at the town square.

Town 2 - Eledin

A more industrial town then Aenar Town, with many factories. Houses for sale, and theres alot of stuff to explore. Also, you can buy a lumber axe here to cut down trees with for the new lumber system being released in the update.

Caves

A long series of dwarf-fashioned caves. If you go in far enough, you will find a dwarf town deep inside; including a mine and many other dwarven things. Such as a dwarf weapon shop, etc.

And finally, the lumber system.

The lumbersystem contains three parts, basically; tree, stump, wood. The final product, after cutting it with your lumber axe multiple times, is wood. This wood is then sold to the lumber dealer who will then give you money for cutting wood for him. You have to buy the Lumber Axe in Eledin though, so it may require you to get some money first, either by fishing, mining and (Soon) farming.

Sulukra
01-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Alright, small update. The "Myro Town" gmap is fixed, and no longer blocked off. Large town north of the starting town, its there. Check it out some time, and in the top right corner you can find Farmer John, who'll help you farm. Yay for Farmer John.

Also, theres an instrument shop there. Check it out, eh?

Kronan
01-25-2006, 01:28 AM

It's obviously a different tileset, or graphics.

Sulukra
01-26-2006, 12:19 AM
It's obviously a different tileset, or graphics.

Correct you are Kronan, correct you are.

Now, down to business.

At last, the update you've all been anticipating (Or atleast I have.) is finally out. See above posts for information. Now, about how to get there. First, you must enter Myro Town (Right above the starting town on the world map; hard to miss.) To the right of the gate, you'll see someone offering to take you to the Aenar region. Say "go to Aenar" and you'll be warped to the world map. From there, its self explanatory. Then you can reach Eledin, and theres the same guy going to Myrrodin. Say "go to Myrrodin" to go back, or just use unstick me. There are weapon shops in both towns, and the Lumber Axe is the "War Axe" in the Eledin weapon shop. So yeah, go ahead, buy stuff, cut stuff. Seller for Lumber will be up in a few days, so I suggest stocking up.

Silent
01-26-2006, 03:25 AM
Connecting to the game server...
Done.
PM: received from (npcserver):Myrrodin's NPC (Server)
File download: darelia.gmap not found
File download: dareliamap.png not found
File download: dareliaminmap.png not found
:frown:

zim5354
01-26-2006, 03:57 AM
whoa that dark night looking screen looks neat if it would be ajusted not to look so whitish it would look great

Sulukra
01-26-2006, 11:20 PM
whoa that dark night looking screen looks neat if it would be ajusted not to look so whitish it would look great

Its only white because its winter. So, thats snow you see on the ground. There are a few other levels connected to that forest, in a similar style. Check it out some time.

And the files dareliamap.png and dareliamap.txt are not currently on the server, though the file darelia.gmap has been fixed to be downloadable.

Also, lumber seller is up.

Sulukra
01-30-2006, 01:14 AM
By the way, we're right now working on some spell weapons and stuff. So expect those to be released soon, ok? Probably either going to be released in:
Eledin or
New place on world map.

So keep watchin'.

Sulukra
02-04-2006, 01:16 AM
By the way, a small update. Except some stuff in Myro Town to totally be fixed up soon. And I mean soon.

Sulukra
02-05-2006, 07:59 AM
Now that I have confirmed that no one cares about Myrrodin, I will once again say this: We're looking for skilled SATs, GATs and LATs.

petro1212
02-05-2006, 07:11 PM
... yuck quidtiple posts.. (I can't even spell it oi!) Anyhow for the love of god get a better tileset. I can assure you that with the current overworld tileset it will just be very eye soaring to play.

Not being rude just giving my opinion :X.

Sulukra
02-05-2006, 09:22 PM
... yuck quidtiple posts.. (I can't even spell it oi!) Anyhow for the love of god get a better tileset. I can assure you that with the current overworld tileset it will just be very eye soaring to play.

Not being rude just giving my opinion :X.

The posts are usually a day apart, so its not that bad. And we'd like to get a better tileset, except we don't have anyone to make us one. So we're stuck on that one. And thank you for your true and honest opinion.

Que the, "We need more GATs and LATs!" line.

Not to mention SATs. Drop by the server any time.

Sulukra
02-06-2006, 11:43 PM
Well, this is the day that Myrrodin will once again call out its highly repetitive message. And along with a small fore-warning of an update! Oh my god!

So, heres the update:
Myro Town, basically. Outsides aren't really changing much. More doors are opening, and the buggy lamps have been murdered. Also, the largest weapon shop on the current overworld will soon be open there. So look forward to that.

Once again:We need LATs, GATs, and SATs.

Sulukra
02-10-2006, 09:26 PM
So yeah. Myro Town update is probably going to be released sometime this week, along with the new magic shop. So keep on checking back.

To repeat my highly repetitive message, we're basically willing to hire all development positions. LAT, NAT, GAT, Gani artists and SATs. So if you want a job on a rising RPing server, well, check out Myrrodin.

Sulukra
02-12-2006, 05:21 AM
Ok!

Now then, to the few people who will look at this, I tell you now:The Myro Town update is like, released!

No more empty houses! Or locked doors! Huzzah!

Also, the magic and weapon shops have been released. Look to the right of the main town entrance to find them. Two spells have been released so far (Mana Ball and Ice Scroll) Mana Ball is a standard spell, that simply shoots a ball of magical energy at your opponent. Ice Scroll is more expensive and powerful. Does less damage then mana ball, but freezes your opponent on impact for five seconds.

excaliber7388
02-12-2006, 05:46 AM
I have to say, I've never seen so many posts in a row x_x

napo_p2p
02-12-2006, 06:05 AM

Don't be mad that he broke your record :rolleyes:.

excaliber7388
02-12-2006, 06:30 PM
please, mines only like 3 XD and they were days or more apart :p

Sulukra
02-12-2006, 07:36 PM

It'd be more if you people were to stop breaking up my record by commenting on how many posts I have to make in a row to get people's attention.

please, mines only like 3 XD and they were days or more apart :p

Thats why I broke your record, not equaled it. 'Nuff said man.

excaliber7388
02-13-2006, 12:53 AM
Ok, it's bad to do that many, I want to do it for my server's hirings too, but I refrain from it, because posting that many times in a row, if you can hit the edit button, is bad, and annoying for other servers who want to be noticed too. (I had a problem with your triple posting when my server was first starting because it wasn't getting noticed -_- )

Sulukra
02-13-2006, 11:36 PM
Notice how all of my posts are atleast 24 hours apart. Thats right, you have 24 hours to outpost me. 24 hours. If not more. And even if I post over it, you again probably have another 24 hours to outpost me. Sometimes, its even more then twenty four hours. I have no problem with other servers doing to the same; I won't complain about it. Infact, I usually get outposted within the hour.

excaliber7388
02-14-2006, 03:26 AM
I know, and I understand how hard it is to start a server (hell, DR's still 'starting') and I have no problem with your posting often, just don't overdo it, m'kay? :)

Codein
02-14-2006, 02:06 PM
I know, and I understand how hard it is to start a server (hell, DR's still 'starting') and I have no problem with your posting often, just don't overdo it, m'kay?

Lol... Depends on what you're doing.

Sulukra
02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
Anyways. After a short break, back on topic! Within the next few weeks, highly expect a new world map level to be released. This new world map level will link all the already existing world map levels into a Gmap, allowing you to walk from one edge of the continent to the other. Huzzah?

Now, still hiring LATs, GATs, NATs and SATs.

Sulukra
02-23-2006, 05:39 AM
Just wait guys. I'll break my own record this time!

So, our new world map level got released today. Also, and above all else, the world map is -finally- Gmapped. This means it gets funky weather and it gets some awesome ability to walk from one side of the continent to the other! Awesome!

Anyways. The new world map level was released with three temples on it. Water, Dark and Earth. I personally prefer water. But still.

Now time to repeat our awesomely repetitive message!

Still hiring LATs, GATs, NATs and SATs.

Huzzah. MY RECORD SHALL BE SELF-BROKEN.

Lao_Su2
02-23-2006, 06:40 AM
Someone please put a stop to this guy?

Amagius
02-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Is it coincidence or did you plan to take Mirrodin and Myr and smush them together?

Sulukra
02-24-2006, 12:03 AM

Uh, explain? If its my "I'm going to break my record!" thing, its a joke from the second page.

And I didn't come up with the name.

And anyways, yawn, still hiring LATs, GATs, and SATs. And even NATs.

Sulukra
02-25-2006, 12:46 AM
On an off season side note, some new hunting stuff was released yesterday. I say off season because the fatty wild boars you're all used to have actually migrated to some other place. They've been replaced by foxes and, well, chickens! If you still have any wild boar meat, its worth 4 times as much as before, since you can't get it any more. Fox meat is worth 3g, and chicken is only worth 1. Foxes aer much harder to catch, because they're both more powerful and move much faster if you hit them. Much, much faster. So they're naturally faster then chickens. And worth more too!

Sulukra
03-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Well uh, still willing to hire some LATs, GATs, NATs and Gani artists. Desperately in need of LATs and GATs though.

Edit at Excaliber:Uh, Excaliber, surprisingly most people don't care about me making 1958195819581 posts to try and help the server I work for. You and like, three other people care.

excaliber7388
03-05-2006, 08:30 PM
I agree, we get it, you're hiring, you don't have to post here every 5 days. I think it would be beneficial to stop posting, as it's making you and this server look bad. BTW, that means less people applying for staff :whatever: