PDA

View Full Version : Dark Rival Current Hirings

excaliber7388
01-05-2006, 11:27 PM
We are currently hiring NATs, LATs, and GATs. The admin possitions are now open for these as well. DR is becoming better every day, now with auto unjailing, a easily accessed banking system, better looking levels, more interactive NPCs, a fully completed storyline (for this part of the series), many weapons, shops, trading, and soon to come, an auction house, cool quests, and even bigger ones to come, a large and fun overworld, fun staff, many cool events, new systems, great staff and player community, and more! So join the staff today! go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html for an application!

excaliber7388
02-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Still hiring Dev possitions, NAT GAT LAT. DR has imporved, systems have been fixed, most of the overworld has been redone, and it is mostly V4 compatable. We're looking to craete a lot of new things (check out the graal bible site, or read the server message from the NPC server). However, I would also like someone to look after the DR website http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com (it's in my sig, as well as the hirings link). Anyway, if you would like to help out, PM, e-mail, or fil out the application. Thanks!!!

excaliber7388
02-10-2006, 10:07 PM
hey sacred, you're in one of the screenshots ^^ the very nice screenshots i might add ;)

Tom
02-11-2006, 03:34 AM
Is the gameplay supposed to be really good, and you did'nt work much on the levels or graphics? Or is it all bad?

excaliber7388
02-11-2006, 03:46 AM
it's all good ;)

Skyld
02-11-2006, 02:20 PM
and it is mostly V4 compatable
Hi there. So, when will the GUI, you know, work?

Benjamin1810
02-11-2006, 05:31 PM
unban me...., i was banned when i was supposed to be RELEASED FROM JAIL by that newb gp who banned people for no reason

CidNight1142
02-11-2006, 07:12 PM
People sure do diss this server alot. It may not have the quality of some servers, but the kid sure seems to be dedicated to the project....thats a WHOLE lot more then can be said about many servers...

excaliber7388
02-12-2006, 05:08 AM
unban me...., i was banned when i was supposed to be RELEASED FROM JAIL by that newb gp who banned people for no reason
Pm me from now on, and I'll gladly look at that ^^
Smite him with a hammer then remove his rights he needs level practice especially if he is your LAT admin....
Well, he's a she :P
and the levels on DR are good better than some of the crap I've seen uploaded to other servers. You'll find few to no blank spaces of green grass, or half grasses (and a certasin classic server has them 100 times more ;) I don't flame, so no names will be named)
People sure do diss this server alot. It may not have the quality of some servers, but the kid sure seems to be dedicated to the project....thats a WHOLE lot more then can be said about many servers...
Dark Rival for lyfe XD Thats why I know DR's gonna be great.
That tree there is fugly, remove it. DOesnt even blend in.The only different trees is the palm tree, and I like it ^^ however, I am a bit biased. (did you know that the leaves sway a bit? awsome XD ) anyway I plan to make new and better ones anyway ^^

Mykel
02-12-2006, 08:17 AM
Dark Rival for lyfe XD Thats why I know DR's gonna be great. Passion is good and all, but talent is needed too. Not saying you don't have talent, but you don't have that great talent needed to make a great server...yet. Keep working at it.

excaliber7388
02-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Passion is good and all, but talent is needed too. Not saying you don't have talent, but you don't have that great talent needed to make a great server...yet. Keep working at it.
^^ thanks, we will. Everything improves with time, and the DR staff is quite dedicated XD

excaliber7388
03-04-2006, 12:30 AM
We still need basic dev staff, NAT GAT LAT, and even someone good with sound/music. Currently we are working on a new overworld, EXP gaining weapons, new quests, and better indoor levels and gfx...in other words, we really do need lats nats and gats XD Use the Dark Rival hirings link in my sig to get to the application. Thanks! ^^

Codein
03-04-2006, 09:51 PM
I'm getting on DR in a tick, and I'll come check it out :)

Codein
03-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I'm sure with that bit of work, Dark Rival will be a great playerworld. Infact, I'll eat my pride and I'll help Excaliber and his server, if he wishes, like some other folk should do.

Elk
03-05-2006, 04:54 PM
i can do a bit gfx and a bit lvl
hi all btw

excaliber7388
03-05-2006, 06:32 PM
thanks Elk, I'll contact you ^^

excaliber7388
03-06-2006, 01:34 AM
Also, on a more DR related note, we're now hiring Events and GPs as well as GATs NATs LATs and Gani makers. I recently fired a few ETs for inactivity, and not helping out with the dev. (I don't require very much from Ets and GPs for dev, but I do prefer that they do some)

Eagle
03-06-2006, 05:10 AM
Excal, as for Dark Rival, I'm sure your gameplay is comming along great, but your level quality might turn some people off. Thats 1 area I think you might want to improve on.

You sure have a lot of determination, and thats a good thing. I know I'm only stateing the obvious like most other people do, but Good Luck! :)

excaliber7388
03-06-2006, 05:19 AM
Excal, as for Dark Rival, I'm sure your gameplay is comming along great, but your level quality might turn some people off. Thats 1 area I think you might want to improve on.

You sure have a lot of determination, and thats a good thing. I know I'm only stateing the obvious like most other people do, but Good Luck! :)
Thanks, currently we're redoing the whole overworld, each level is taking a few days XD

excaliber7388
03-20-2006, 03:50 PM
We've added a lot (heh, I've been busy), like a market system, new staff tools, new playersystem, camera system, rpg weapons, new quests, overworld is being fixed, a NEW overworld is being created (it's comming a long well) ...AND...we need staff.
LAT GAT NAT ET GP, the usual. If you want to apply, use the links in my sig. DR's grown a lot, enjoy!

Skyld
03-20-2006, 10:17 PM
Describe what you mean when you say "player system".

excaliber7388
03-20-2006, 11:06 PM
Describe what you mean when you say "player system".
Wel, it's not too much, I was being vague on purpose :p Okay, the weapon know as the playersystem now allows for an unstick (still takes 30 sec, but you don't have to wait on graal or count yourself, i plan to add something that will protect the player durring this time as well, as soon as i can get to my computer lol), a help system, events warper, camera, I will eventually incorporate a better bug reporting system (okay, thats next on my list), and more.

I'm also switching to gs2

Skyld
03-20-2006, 11:27 PM
switching to gs2
I'm liking this.

Lao_Su2
03-21-2006, 12:11 AM

You know after reading a lot of his threads I agree with this. I used to hate this stupid threads of his, but really Excal I hope ya get some help because your determination is awesome!

Luda
03-21-2006, 05:34 AM
I would tile for you if you would like it :o but I'm not sure if Classic accounts can develop,but mark sir link said they are allowed to now.

Link3001
03-21-2006, 09:13 PM
i plan to add something that will protect the player durring this time as well

You mean so lame people will use the unstick me thing to go around invincible if you try to attack them after they just PKed the hell out of you?

excaliber7388
03-21-2006, 10:11 PM
You mean so lame people will use the unstick me thing to go around invincible if you try to attack them after they just PKed the hell out of you?
I've though of that, I plan to just make a limit damage kind of thing, it would take longer to lame them while they're stuck on a tree, or something (an occasional bad warp or a scripting bug could paralize them, so, this should protect them a bit better while they're waiting for unstick)

D4rKv310c1ty
03-28-2006, 10:49 AM

You're banned on every god dam existing electrically powered server. And it's not suprising either.

D4rKv310c1ty
03-28-2006, 10:52 AM
We are currently hiring NATs, LATs, and GATs. The admin possitions are now open for these as well. DR is becoming better every day, now with auto unjailing, a easily accessed banking system, better looking levels, more interactive NPCs, a fully completed storyline (for this part of the series), many weapons, shops, trading, and soon to come, an auction house, cool quests, and even bigger ones to come, a large and fun overworld, fun staff, many cool events, new systems, great staff and player community, and more! So join the staff today! go to http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html for an application!

Have to put it to you, I love the concept of psy & warrior, I popped on the server once and I think this could be something.

You got classic tilesets but slightly twisted and I reckon this could get hosted eventually.

Though you should take getting a proper website into consideration. Like a domain name. It's cheap to buy off godaddy.com if you're british :)

napo_p2p
03-28-2006, 11:03 AM
Though you should take getting a proper website into consideration. Like a domain name. It's cheap to buy off godaddy.com if you're british :)

Using the playerworld space wouldn't hurt too. Might as well actually (darkrival.graal.net?).

The only thing is that the graal.net hosting hasn't been very reliable as of late.

D4rKv310c1ty
03-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Using the playerworld space wouldn't hurt too. Might as well actually (darkrival.graal.net?).

The only thing is that the graal.net hosting hasn't been very reliable as of late.

Yeah I guess you could, but that stuff isn't anything fancy, it's not like you can get add on scripts with it like Fantastico and cPanel?

And also what if you wanna upload demo levels and a big flash animations?

10-20mb isn't gonna work :P

Though, I have a reseller. If you want some free

<--- contact links are on the side :)

excaliber7388
03-28-2006, 10:47 PM
I update Dark Rival's wiki quite often, and it looks much better, and has features the entire community can use (how to be a better developer, some scripting basics, etc).
The link is in my sig, it's Dark Rival on Graal Bible ;)

napo_p2p
03-29-2006, 01:30 AM
10-20mb isn't gonna work :P

I thought playerworlds got 100 MB?

napo_p2p
03-29-2006, 01:31 AM
I update Dark Rival's wiki quite often, and it looks much better, and has features the entire community can use (how to be a better developer, some scripting basics, etc).
The link is in my sig, it's Dark Rival on Graal Bible ;)

The GraalBible is very good to use as a substitute for a site, if all you want to do is display information for your world.

excaliber7388
03-29-2006, 04:51 PM
The GraalBible is very good to use as a substitute for a site, if all you want to do is display information for your world.
Yeah thats the most important ;) I may need a better one when we offer more downloads, but until then, graal Bible is fine.

excaliber7388
05-03-2006, 02:32 AM
Okay!
Now that DR has been approved by all members of the PWA for the hosted tab, we're looking good :D
However, we're still looking for staff.
We especially need some creative LATs who are willing to go a bit out of the box on our new overworld, which we hope to complete by the summer. I want it to litterally feel like you're traveling over the world, in a strange medieval setting. So if you want to have some fun, DR's gonna want ya.
We also need some quality scripters, you gotta know GS2, as new scripts are in it, and many old scripts have been converted. Basically, you'd be helping us switch to gs2 completly, and help us make new complex scripts that will definatly make DR unique. We may have a 'clasic' themed server, but I want to make DR anything but 'clasical'. We could use some GFX work as well, many times, the gfx make the game, and if we got some cool unique gfx, we got a nice game ;)
Basically thats it, we will allow some GPs and ETs, but we get that a lot XD
So the rundown: LAT NAT GAT
'kay thanks!
Seeya on the hosted tab (heh and the clasic tab....eventually ;) )

excaliber7388
05-07-2006, 10:09 PM
We're also looking for someone who can convert old levels format into a gmap. This would be a quick job, you wouldn't even need to continue working with us, we just havn't been able to convert it yet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

xshadx
05-10-2006, 01:45 PM
We're also looking for someone who can convert old levels format into a gmap. This would be a quick job, you wouldn't even need to continue working with us, we just havn't been able to convert it yet. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks!

Actually As You Probably Know Excaliber Vima Is Working On Developing The Gmap. And Im Helping With A Couple Parts. But Anyway, I Think Vima Has It All Plannned Out. Anyway He's Making All New Levels.
:whatever:

excaliber7388
05-10-2006, 07:07 PM
Actually As You Probably Know Excaliber Vima Is Working On Developing The Gmap. And Im Helping With A Couple Parts. But Anyway, I Think Vima Has It All Plannned Out. Anyway He's Making All New Levels.
:whatever:
Yeah I told him to leave some space for other delevolers though XD and he may just do the shell of a level, allowing another LAT or Admin to finish it :D

xshadx
05-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Yeah I told him to leave some space for other delevolers though XD and he may just do the shell of a level, allowing another LAT or Admin to finish it :D

Cool, But Vima Is Like One Of The Best Lats I've Ever Seen :P

excaliber7388
05-11-2006, 12:02 AM
Cool, But Vima Is Like One Of The Best Lats I've Ever Seen :P
Whirling is pretty good too, and I've gotten a lot better, but for the most part, I'm allowing him to design the new OW. It's similar to the old one, but less linear, towns aren't all along a centralized map. The old OW had a straight line, which everything stemmed off from. This new one will be a square, so some reformatting goes into it. Vima has it all planned out, and I trust him ;)
But yeah, he does make nice levels :D

xshadx
05-11-2006, 01:14 AM
Whirling is pretty good too, and I've gotten a lot better, but for the most part, I'm allowing him to design the new OW. It's similar to the old one, but less linear, towns aren't all along a centralized map. The old OW had a straight line, which everything stemmed off from. This new one will be a square, so some reformatting goes into it. Vima has it all planned out, and I trust him ;)
But yeah, he does make nice levels :D

Yup, I Trust Him With My Life. And I've Gotten Pretty Good At Levels Too
;)

napo_p2p
05-11-2006, 03:45 AM
Yup, I Trust Him With My Life.

Your Graal character's life I hope :rolleyes:.

xshadx
05-11-2006, 12:13 PM
Your Graal character's life I hope :rolleyes:.

;)

excaliber7388
05-12-2006, 03:58 AM
The application, found at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html is now easier to fill out, and is quicker. It's a form, so you do not have to send an email unless applying for a developement possition, or sending examples of your work.

xshadx
05-13-2006, 03:36 AM
The application, found at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html is now easier to fill out, and is quicker. It's a form, so you do not have to send an email unless applying for a developement possition, or sending examples of your work.

Better Form Then Before
^^

excaliber7388
05-13-2006, 03:46 AM
Yeah, the old format wasn't as proffesional (it was more than what some classic servers do though). This is an actual form, it sends an email to an account DR staff can see, and it's quick and easy. Not a post on forums, and no longer a copy and paste job from a site. :D I hope making it easier helps us get more staff :D

Skyld
05-13-2006, 10:22 AM
Yup, I Trust Him With My Life.
That sounds a little extreme, for a game.

Also, please stop capitalising every word. It makes it eight times more difficult to read.

excaliber7388
05-13-2006, 08:47 PM
That sounds a little extreme, for a game.

We trust members of the DR family...join us XD

Also, please stop capitalising every word. It makes it eight times more difficult to read.
lol, I just noticed it :D

Anyway, both Vima and I now look at them (and we're in pretty different timezones ;) ) So you have a better chance of having your app looked at quickly.

excaliber7388
06-25-2006, 10:24 PM
We're doing some pretty extreme things here on DR (check the DR thread). The DR computer can now give you access to your bank account, has an awsome game, 1945, made by Irata, will soon have a place to download stuff for it, read news, sell items, and more. The overworld is being re done, in fact, it's even bigger than before, it's HUGE. Vima is doing most of it himself (an artist with a vision) but we definatly could use some skilled LATs to help him out, fix up a few old crappy levels, etc. I could also use a few scripters, as I'm busy adding new swords (gonna get rid of having one sword that goes up in levels, now you will buy swords with different abilities, also you will be able to create your own swords). A scripter could help me make this go faster, and help us improve things like weather, time, weapons, and jobs. We are going to need new gfx and gani's for all these new things, so we can use them too. In short, our current staff (especially me, vima, and silverice) are working our asses off to make this server the best. It's comming along pretty good, but we need some help to make it go faster. So, if you can level, script, gani, or gfx, please fill out an application at http://darkrivalonline.tripod.com/id9.html and send a seperate email with an example of your work to [email protected] . Your help is greatly appreciated!

Rufus
06-27-2006, 04:16 PM
I hate the storyline if it's the one that's on that site.

excaliber7388
06-27-2006, 04:24 PM
It becomes a lot clearer (and better) after the end of the current one. I just don't want to give it away, but DR1 (the prequel to the current DR) will be, and I'll say it, cooler than DR2. I have big plans for it. And a big secret will surface. ;)

Rufus
06-27-2006, 05:11 PM
It becomes a lot clearer (and better) after the end of the current one. I just don't want to give it away, but DR1 (the prequel to the current DR) will be, and I'll say it, cooler than DR2. I have big plans for it. And a big secret will surface. ;)

I don't get it?

excaliber7388
06-27-2006, 05:24 PM
In the prequel you find out something that changes the storyline quite a bit. Consider what you read gossip ;)

Rufus
06-27-2006, 05:27 PM
In the prequel you find out something that changes the storyline quite a bit. Consider what you read gossip ;)

I don't get the storyline as a whole, it seems like a very one player game, in which you get to be either you or some other guy.

I just don't see how this would fit in with the rest of the scheme of things really.

excaliber7388
06-27-2006, 08:05 PM
It plays out nicely, the storyline will not be overpowering, allowing it to still feel like a multiplayer game. Also, I'm changing all the weapons, they will now include a primary function, and a secondary, like swords will be attacking and blocking, etc.

Rufus
06-27-2006, 08:17 PM
Also, I'm changing all the weapons, they will now include a primary function, and a secondary, like swords will be attacking and blocking, etc.

What has that got to do with the storyline?

The storyline is crap, no offence.

excaliber7388
06-27-2006, 08:38 PM
Bah, you'll see, the story get's very interesting after DR1 ;)

MysticX2X
06-27-2006, 11:08 PM
What has that got to do with the storyline?

The storyline is crap, no offence.
You go make a storyline and see how it goes.

excaliber7388
08-31-2006, 06:17 PM
So anyway, I posted the whole storyline somewhere and I don't feel like reposting it.
But anyway. We need some staff. I've gotten a bit better at levels, and Shad is good at almost everything. Vima isn't on so much anymore, and he was our main LAT.
So yeah, we still need LATs, NATs, and maybe even GATs (why not?).
I've recently started an exp system for the server, players now gain exp and levels. I plan to add a custom movement system that will reflect a players movement, etc.
There are now three classes, psy, warrior, and theif, and I'm working on different skills for all of them. (Such as telekinesis...sp?), lock picking, etc. Also if a player uses the same weapon often, they will get better with that weapon. Accuracy will go up, attack, etc.
There's also a nice combat system in place, with each weapon having at least 2 attacks and one block.
We have a huge overworld that woud like some great levels in it. I don't want any filler levels, so if you like to make really unique levels, we want you. I want the levels to be art ;)
(Crono, I'm begging you!)
So yeah, take a look, help us out. I'm sure this sever will be great (it should be by now!).
Thanks!

Skyld
09-01-2006, 12:20 AM
;)

excaliber7388
09-01-2006, 05:19 AM
;)
Yeah I know, and we weren't breaking ANY rules either.
I really hate tripod not, and advise everyone to not use it.