PDA

View Full Version : Angling

SkooL
07-02-2001, 02:04 PM
How would I rotate an NPC 180 degrees. I am too lazy to go into Paint Shop Pro and rotate it. I tried something like
if (created) {this.rotate=sin(1.07);} Then I got lost and didn't know where I should use the this.rotate that I defined =\

SkooL
07-02-2001, 04:33 PM
*bump*

SkooL
07-02-2001, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by Kaimetsu
Rotating NPCs...?
Yea, is there a way I can rotate the NPC instead of having to go into an imaging program and edit the image?

CyanideSR71
07-02-2001, 11:48 PM
I cannot see effect ne more cuz of my voodoo3 card.

that is horrible.

signed,
Rogue Shadow -TT-*C* (TCN)

note: I just borrowing this account =) he knows it.

CyanideSR71
07-02-2001, 11:56 PM
Hi Mr Shadow. I can't see anything other than seteffect either...

? Double negative. Im assuming your aware of this but why did you say it?

I can't see anything other than seteffect either...

I can't see the set effects

You said that's all you can see.

Man I don't have a sense of humor I guess.

Signed,

RawPower
07-03-2001, 12:11 AM
Perhaps stefan should make them MORE COMPATIBLE? Cuz my 3d card is **** roast towards light effects.

T-Squad
07-03-2001, 12:20 AM
*confused*

how does emulaters like zsnes show light effects in ROMs without 3d effects? they do lots o stuff in those little ROMs and you dun need 3d video card thingy

T-Squad
07-03-2001, 12:25 AM

I'd have thought that it would be perfectly possible with DirectDraw, but my experience with it is limited. I've never found a suitable command, I suppose...

But there are ways. It's likely that they don't use true real-time rotation effects.

stop confusing me...those ROMs are old...and they still have more features then and more comptible then graal :D

T-Squad
07-03-2001, 12:36 AM

(Anyway, snes games = low res and colour depth)

if you use something like super eagle engine in zsnes that changes alot....

CyanideSR71
07-03-2001, 12:58 AM
If only graal could duplicate at least mode7 snes effects. things like that rotating field would even be good. come on starfox people. look at snes hardware then your computer what's the trouble? it should be easier outside an emulator.

Signed,

Tyhm
07-04-2001, 12:47 PM
Heh, I tried to redo Space Harrier in Graal. setzoomeffect doesn't like to be used that quickly.

G_yoshi
07-04-2001, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Heh, I tried to redo Space Harrier in Graal. setzoomeffect doesn't like to be used that quickly.

HAHA!!! Btw, mode7 is just a fancy name for hardware scrolling and zooming. The snes had that as part of its hardware as did the SegaCD...but sega forbid third-party developers to use them

grim_squeaker_x
07-04-2001, 06:05 PM
A Super NES was just completely made for one purpose and had a global scripting language for everything, plus they didn't have to worry about file size limitations etc., basically all consoles can make full use of their capabilities all the time due to the fact that all consoles are the same, and I know from experience that computers which can't normally handle something being partilly transparent will just make them full black if you're using an emulator.

G_yoshi
07-05-2001, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by grim_squeaker_x
A Super NES was just completely made for one purpose and had a global scripting language for everything, plus they didn't have to worry about file size limitations etc., basically all consoles can make full use of their capabilities all the time due to the fact that all consoles are the same, and I know from experience that computers which can't normally handle something being partilly transparent will just make them full black if you're using an emulator.

what does that last line supposed to mean? Any transparency effects I see in zsnes works fine...no black....unless you are using lower settings to keep frame rate high?

Poogle
07-05-2001, 08:01 AM
Do you mean spin? A NPC is dir = 0,1,2,3 sleep 0.5; then that again but if its the player i dont know so I had to make a gani from GraalShop

G_yoshi
07-05-2001, 08:17 AM
that is object rotation....we are talking about img rotation...

grim_squeaker_x
07-05-2001, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by G_yoshi

what does that last line supposed to mean? Any transparency effects I see in zsnes works fine...no black....unless you are using lower settings to keep frame rate high? Well I meant that yes, although I don't do it to raise the frame rate I once had to set it low because otherwise my computer couldn't handle it.