PDA

View Full Version : Help Needed for Soakath

Codein
01-04-2006, 03:11 AM
Soakath needs helps.

We had under gone a makeover, and the way things are going, it seems pretty successful. However, we need help.

What is Soakath?

Soakath is a playerworld split into 4 territories, each led by their own nation, battling it out with magic.

Nations
Niveus - A white magic orientated nation.
Nox - A dark magic orientated nation.
Natura - Uses magic that manipulates nature, rather than things of supernature.
Noctis - Stealth orientated. This nation's spells only have 2 or 3 attacking spells used best when the player is not suspecting it. 1 for long range, the others for short range.

The server will feature a unique spell casting system aswell.

Unique?

Indeed. The idea behind the spell system is that you must have your wand readied (as like most other server using magic), but then you must enchant your wand with that spell using a incantation/phrase.

The most basic spell is Adflicto, which is a slightly damaging/disabling spell meant only for a cheap get away.

This can be cast by reciting:
castii adflicto

This then enchants your wand with the chosen spell, and you're ready to cast. I initially thought about charging up, but that could be an extra feature.

I also have in mind a "Cave of Knowledge" where you will be able to advanced fully through cave depending on your rank. Those who have the final rank can access the most powerful spell.

Ranks?

Not in an RP sense. Ranks are achieved by points, points are achieved by how long you play and how much you kill. Each nation has it's own ranking order, with you climb up.

Every nation has a King rank, who has access to the most powerful spell. There is only one king, and is decided by the person with the most points on the server. When the king is killed, a new one is instated, since so many points will be deducted that the King won't be eligible for the King rank anymore.

Every player starts out as a Peasant.

What about Melee?!

There will be melee weapons, heck, if the wand doesn't have a spell enchanted on it, it can be used a melee weapon aswell.

Most of the time, melee weapons will be useless, because there will be players using projectile spells.

I was thinking maybe that if you're slashing (or even in a defence stance), and a spell is coming your way, then your melee weapon absorbs the magic, and then when you slash again the spell shoots back, or the magic is absorbed to regain MP.

Though, there should be a limit on this, because it'd become pretty cheap defence, so maybe melee weapons have resistance points to how much power it can withstand, and anything over that then it breaks, with the spell still affecting you.

Other Notes

We have a tileset in the making and even the most basic systems are in development so here is a list of staff which we currently need:

NPC Scripters
Graphics Designers
Ganimator

At the moment, tiling and levels are unimportant.

For more information, or if you are interested in a certain job please contact me on the below:

AIM: KanOfKoke OR Dumaju
Hotmail & Email: [email protected]

If you cannot reach me in those means, you will most likely find me on Soakath.

I have attached a screenshot. The trees in there are temporary, just to show where I want them in the level.

Thank you :)

Mykel
01-04-2006, 10:08 AM
Tileset looks pretty nice and it seems like you have some good ideas...

Good luck, looking nice. :)

Codein
01-04-2006, 12:55 PM

D4rKv310c1ty
01-06-2006, 08:37 PM
I've seen the server, its pretty neat! Bummer its not complete.

GoZelda
01-06-2006, 09:57 PM
Nice, though the windows are overdone.

Codein
01-06-2006, 10:00 PM
How do you mean? Should I remove the white reflection? Should I change the frame around the brown bricked window?

GoZelda
01-06-2006, 10:02 PM
How do you mean? Should I remove the white reflection? Should I change the frame around the brown bricked window?
It's mainly that S-shape that looks odd.

GryffonDurime
01-06-2006, 10:10 PM
I'd like to see a bit more originality in the nations rather than white-black-druid-ninja. It just seems...a bit done. The idea is excellent, it's essentially a PK server done with a magical theme, and as anyone who knows me can attest to, I am obsessed with magic in a big way.

It seems like a server like this would benefit from something vaguely similar to the class-system of Final Fantasy Tactics. By that, I don't mean classes, but rather allow everyone equal access to different sets of abilities (based on points or the Cave) and make them pick one from each set, they could choose BETWEEN swinging their wand to absorb a spell's MP OR reflect it back at 1/2 power. Maybe even have a button, then, just for swinging the wand and another for casting with it's current enchantment?

This server could be quite interesting indeed, and much as I dislike PK servers I may even stop here. :D

Yen
01-06-2006, 11:32 PM
:D Yay, good idea.

Codein
01-07-2006, 12:22 AM
I'd like to see a bit more originality in the nations rather than white-black-druid-ninja. It just seems...a bit done. The idea is excellent, it's essentially a PK server done with a magical theme, and as anyone who knows me can attest to, I am obsessed with magic in a big way.

It seems like a server like this would benefit from something vaguely similar to the class-system of Final Fantasy Tactics. By that, I don't mean classes, but rather allow everyone equal access to different sets of abilities (based on points or the Cave) and make them pick one from each set, they could choose BETWEEN swinging their wand to absorb a spell's MP OR reflect it back at 1/2 power. Maybe even have a button, then, just for swinging the wand and another for casting with it's current enchantment?

This server could be quite interesting indeed, and much as I dislike PK servers I may even stop here.

Now you come to think of it, the nations and classes I have used are over done. I think I'll take down the nations system. Thanks for your suggestions :D

MysticX2X
01-08-2006, 01:25 AM
This server will be awesome, codein didnt tell all of our ideas. We mostly need more scripters though.

Codein
01-09-2006, 11:44 PM
I'll give you a staff last. We have a few new people :)

[Owner]
Jman

[Managers]
Codein
Mystic

[Developer]
VaHn

[Scripting]
Redwolve
Hotrian

[Levels]
Luc Shelton

Still need a few more contributors. Please, we're looking. PM me, anything, if you are interested.

Infernix
01-10-2006, 01:14 AM
Personally from the snapshot...it doesnt look to interesting lol. Atleast from the whole tileset point of view and stuff. Houses and espcially the tree looks wierd. Maybe your gonna have some type of small sprites setup for bodies idk. I just looks pretty odd to me.

Codein
01-10-2006, 01:33 AM
Personally from the snapshot...it doesnt look to interesting lol. Atleast from the whole tileset point of view and stuff. Houses and espcially the tree looks wierd. Maybe your gonna have some type of small sprites setup for bodies idk. I just looks pretty odd to me.

Aye. Most of the tileset shall be addressed, accordingly, once we have the custom bodies working fully. That way I can scale it all perfectly.