PDA

View Full Version : Ship Yard Rules and Fleet Rules

lordbosh
01-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Due to the new military situation at Samurai, we were forced to prepare a massive fleet to commit to a sort of warning shot Shock and Awe campaign. You should all be aware now of the power of such tactics. But there are many things we can improve on, such as readiness.

Rules for the Ship Yard
1.Ensure that nobody else is coming in/out of the yard before entering or exiting.
2.Keep speeds around 50% maximum.
3. Daily check the shipyard, there should be a minimum of 12 ships at 100% constitution, and 100 cannonballs in the cargo hold. Restock/repair if needed.
4.Whenever taking a ship out, remember to bring it back/replace it. And replace the spent ammo.

Fleet Rules
Speeds for travelling
1-30%Coasting, for maneuvering through areas and lining up with the fleet.
31-50% Half speed. For moving in a slow paced formation to fill gaps and such.
80%Cruising. Used for full movement in large groups so if there are stragglers, they can catch up.
1. No more than 3 ships should engage 1 ship at a time. This helps lower friendly fire.
2. Stay away from enemy ships so they cannot board you.
3. Try to not crash into any ships...
4. Practice your aim and navigation skills at least 2 times a week by building or taking out a ship and patrolling our waters and samurai waters(while they are enemy or a captured satellite nation only).

Rules may update, they are for your safety and enjoyment, please remember and follow them when in large groups and such for a more efficient fleet.

Draenin
01-02-2006, 11:29 AM
1. No more than 3 ships should engage 1 ship at a time. This helps lower friendly fire.I find this funny, since one misaimed cannonball could easily strike another ship. If 12 ships are out in full force, only four ships would be surrounded. Do you think that the pirates would have that few being sent? ;]

ApothiX
01-02-2006, 11:44 AM
I find this funny, since one misaimed cannonball could easily strike another ship. If 12 ships are out in full force, only four ships would be surrounded. Do you think that the pirates would have that few being sent? ;]
I believe he said no more than three, not three all the time.

Draenin
01-02-2006, 12:04 PM
Still, the idea is preposterous.

Zero Hour
01-02-2006, 06:20 PM
Not really, three ships firing on a single ship would destroy it quickly, and it's not like we're going to attack CP any time soon. Personally, I'm a fan of sailing ships in a line past the enemy and kind of circling it o:

Eric Polegato
01-02-2006, 06:49 PM
I am an excellent example. The other day we had an Event with CP involving a Sea Battle of some sort. I was surrounded by four of thier ships, as Tig as my driver, we were able to take down one.. but we were no match for four ships at once.

Matthew White
01-04-2006, 08:42 AM
While these rules are admirable, I firmly believe Eric, our naval leader, should have spearheaded, or at least partook in this thread.

Eric Polegato
01-04-2006, 02:28 PM
Bosh has taken controll of Zormite. He should become the new Archon.:P

Matthew White
01-04-2006, 09:05 PM
On a serious note, people would like to see their naval leader handing down naval commands. In the future, this should be the way things are done.

Eric Polegato
01-04-2006, 11:31 PM
Well, I appreciate the suggestions from Bosh of what to do. It seemed as though this was his War/battle. So I just went along with him. I'm not offended in anyway. I'm sure he didn't mean to take control.