PDA

View Full Version : Classic LAT Hiring/Scripter Drought

jake13jake
01-02-2006, 05:56 AM
Well, out of all the people that have applied for LAT so far, two or three have applied for scripting. I did hire two less than talented scripters in a bit of desperation, both to quit within a week. Perhaps I could expand the number of applicants. I've made it a policy to always accept applications, esp since we have a lack of scripters. There are a few staff on the server who can script. Thermo the FAQ Admin can script somewhat, though not so fluently. Master Storm the Manager can script amazingly, but lacks the motivation to no matter how often I ask him to fix the movement system, even after I made 90% of a new movement system. I can script also, at a level just a tad less than Storm's. Besides myself, however, there are no scripters in the team.

Anyways, the application is:

Send to (email removed)
1. Account
2. Nick
3. A presentation for which field(s) you're applying. (no questions asked)

maximus_asinus
01-02-2006, 06:20 AM
Oh look a level I made.

jake13jake
01-02-2006, 06:33 AM
Oh look a level I made.
<3 for making it, everyone's going to love it.

Yen
01-02-2006, 10:56 PM
Nobody likes to make movement systems.
Fixing someone else's movement system is even worse. :(

jake13jake
01-02-2006, 11:37 PM
Nobody likes to make movement systems.
Fixing someone else's movement system is even worse. :(
I'm not asking anyone to make a movement system. My movement system doesn't need fixing, it needs completion, and the fact that it's all gscript2 makes it a lot easier to play with and build upon. More modular if you know what I'm saying. All the wall checks are done by my control_movement class, functions that I put in the graal.net code snippets. Since then I've modified it to get rid of one huge bug. All it needs is a test for jump tiles when the run counter runs out, a jump function, and a carry system. Other than that it just needs a few bugs I can work out, and to extend into Master Storm's current hit detection. Scripters I hire will probably be starting out scripting fishing rod/shovel type utility weapons.

Mark Sir Link
01-03-2006, 12:26 AM
Myself and Maximus decided to take a... field trip around classic today, hoping to give a more accurate portrayal as to what potential LAT's should be expecting.

While you will be working on the original server, keep in mind WHAT you'll be working on. I will offer no description of these screenshots since there is plenty within them.

jake13jake
01-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Myself and Maximus decided to take a... field trip around classic today, hoping to give a more accurate portrayal as to what potential LAT's should be expecting.

While you will be working on the original server, keep in mind WHAT you'll be working on. I will offer no description of these screenshots since there are plenty within them.

...yea... we've been working on the map expansion for the past 3 days. I spent 8 hours proportionally correcting the mountain and haven't had a chance to detail around it yet (blank screen o' grass was because it shrunk a bit, so yea... if you're not one to take on large projects, I don't suggest you apply.

Thanks for pointing out that tree though. It's expected when you do that large of an addition to the gmap, the rest I already knew about.