PDA

View Full Version : GAT's needed.

coreys
12-27-2005, 07:12 AM
Well, the time has come, whether you want it or not is beyond me. But, Aeon needs GAT's, we have 2, one of which never really gets on. So I'm hiring. There are those who aren't good enough, you know who you are, so don't bother. We need high quality GAT's. Although because of the great need, I'll be a little leaniant on who I will and will not hire.

So nows your chance, here is the application, good luck!

Inverness
12-27-2005, 07:17 AM
Another note, if you want to be hired for a position that is full, I would suggest you do something to impress us or you wont be given consideration.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-27-2005, 07:21 AM
Another note, if you want to be hired for a position that is full, I would suggest you do something to impress us or you wont be given consideration.
Exactly what Inver said. On the other hand, yes we are in need of some GFX makers. :frown:

coreys
12-28-2005, 08:11 AM
On another note we are approaching being ready to apply for classic, and I'm personally hopin' and prayin', but I think we'll make it :)

Felix_Xenophobe
12-28-2005, 10:08 AM
I might tryout :o

ApothiX
12-28-2005, 07:40 PM
About your little disclaimer at the bottom. Any work uploaded does not become property of Aeon, it becomes property of Linux Cyberjouers.

coreys
12-28-2005, 08:47 PM
Property of Aeon, IS property of Linux Cyberjouers...

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 02:08 AM
Property of Aeon, IS property of Linux Cyberjouers...
Aeon != Linux Cyberjouers, sorry mate :(

coreys
12-29-2005, 02:31 AM
...I know that, but anything that is Owned by Aeon is owned by Linux Cyberjouers because Linux Cyberlouers owns graal which Aeon is a part of...o_o

It's not my idea to add that anyways >.>

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 03:10 AM
...I know that, but anything that is Owned by Aeon is owned by Linux Cyberjouers because Linux Cyberlouers owns graal which Aeon is a part of...o_o

It's not my idea to add that anyways >.>
So, the US has a satillite up in space right now, do you own that satillite, because you are part of the United States?

coreys
12-29-2005, 04:32 AM
No...that analogy doesnt work whatsoever =/

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-29-2005, 08:42 AM
I might tryout :o
Hurray! Also Okie, I think you are right but I don't know who put that there. >_<

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 09:16 AM
No...that analogy doesnt work whatsoever =/
Care to explain why it doesn't? You are not a part of Linux Cyberjouers.
You = Graal; Graal = Linux Cyberjouers; Does not mean You = Linux Cyberjouers.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-29-2005, 10:14 AM
Wait Okie. Graal = Linux Cyberjouers. Linux Cyberjouers only = you when its the Graal part and you have access to it. :O I think...But who cares. We need GATs or Ganiers. :frown:
Edit: Also the whole meaning of the "it will be aeons property." is that the player cant say "Oh you cant use it now!"

Codein
12-29-2005, 11:55 AM

So when you upload graphics from another server and a global gets on and deleted them, then why aren't we allowed to use those graphics? The whole idea of "Stealing Graphics" goes out of the window when you say ANYTHING uploaded to Linux Cyberjouers becomes their property. It's like a guy buying a house, filling it out with furniture. Then the same guy burgles it.

GryffonDurime
12-29-2005, 06:04 PM
So when you upload graphics from another server and a global gets on and deleted them, then why aren't we allowed to use those graphics? The whole idea of "Stealing Graphics" goes out of the window when you say ANYTHING uploaded to Linux Cyberjouers becomes their property. It's like a guy buying a house, filling it out with furniture. Then the same guy burgles it.

Not quite. All of the graphics DO belong to Linux Cjberjouers, but the graphics are still under the managerial sphere of the original server of creation. Like a franchise: Cyberjouers gives the Managers broad authority to use anything they create, but ultimatly control and own every piece of work they create.

coreys
12-29-2005, 07:22 PM
:O

WHY did this thread turn into this? X.X

WHY OKIE, WHY?

We just need GAT's and LAT's so enough with this talk.

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 07:24 PM
I'm sorry, but I think you should make a change to your disclaimer, it is not accurate at all.

coreys
12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
I think it is, you just don't understand it. ;D
Not my decision anyways, those go on all the applications.

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 11:19 PM
I think it is, you just don't understand it. ;D
Legal disclaimers are supposed to be straight to the point. Not ambiguous as hell, so that no one can understand them. (I think you're the one who doesn't undestand it correctly, anyway.)

coreys
12-30-2005, 03:04 AM
Its plenty straightfoward, anything submitteted is property of Aeon...THAT SIMPLE. o_o
But because Aeon is part of graal and graal is owned by Linux Cyberjouers its property of Linux Cyberjouers.

Heres a better analogy. (sure it may not be nice, but its all I could think of):
If a slave owned a shirt, that shirt is property of the slaves owner too.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-30-2005, 04:49 AM
WHO CARES DAMNIT! This thread is going off-topic and the whole point of the thread is Aeon needing staff members (GAT and maybe some ganiers).

ApothiX
12-30-2005, 10:56 AM
Its plenty straightfoward, anything submitteted is property of Aeon...THAT SIMPLE. o_o
But because Aeon is part of graal and graal is owned by Linux Cyberjouers its property of Linux Cyberjouers.

Heres a better analogy. (sure it may not be nice, but its all I could think of):
God damn I wish I had that wiki link about the a = b, b = c, a =/= c.

Anyways, it's not your property, it's Linux Cyberjoueurs'.

Codein
12-30-2005, 01:42 PM
Not quite. All of the graphics DO belong to Linux Cjberjouers, but the graphics are still under the managerial sphere of the original server of creation. Like a franchise: Cyberjouers gives the Managers broad authority to use anything they create, but ultimatly control and own every piece of work they create.

So then it's right to say "If you upload your stuff to Aeon, you can't use it anywhere else" then. That renders Okie's arguement useless.

coreys
12-30-2005, 10:08 PM
Thank you, Codein, my point exactly xP

GryffonDurime
12-30-2005, 10:55 PM

Wrong. Slaves couldn't own property. They were merely using it at their owner's discretion.

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-30-2005, 10:57 PM
Wrong. Slaves couldn't own property. They were merely using it at their owner's discretion.
Rofl! Okay but lets talk about graphics? :)

Codein
12-30-2005, 11:26 PM

Alot of slaves had no shirt.

coreys
12-31-2005, 02:26 AM
Well who says I was talking about slavery in america? :P

Im sure there is/was slavery somewhere that let their slaves own a few little things.

And yes, lets not talk about this anymore x.x

ApothiX
12-31-2005, 03:47 AM
So then it's right to say "If you upload your stuff to Aeon, you can't use it anywhere else" then. That renders Okie's arguement useless.
Yes, it would render my argument useless because that is not what I was arguing against.

coreys
12-31-2005, 04:08 AM
Omfg I Said Enough With This X.x

ApothiX
12-31-2005, 04:45 AM
Omfg I Said Enough With This X.x
No, what you said was:
:O

WHY did this thread turn into this? X.X

WHY OKIE, WHY?

We just need GAT's and LAT's so enough with this talk.
You cannot ask me a question, and then tell me to not talk. It doesn't work that way.

napo_p2p
12-31-2005, 06:20 AM
You cannot ask me a question, and then tell me to not talk. It doesn't work that way.

Unless the question is: Will you stop talking?

So with that said. Will you stop talking?

Inverness
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
You are making a simple thing complicated. When anyone on Aeon says that something uploaded becomes property of Aeon we mean within Graal, obviously it is really property of Linux Cyberjouers but its is OUR choice what to do with the file within Graal and if you're allowed to upload it to another server as long as its not a personal gfx for your character.
Any graphic Aeon assigns you to make cannot be uploaded anywhere else without permission from more than one High Staff member or the Owners, I believe its fair that way.

ApothiX
01-02-2006, 08:08 PM
Look at the timestamp between napo's last post and yours. It almost seems as if you're provoking me on purpose. I didn't even bother reading your entire post because it looks like the same crap I've already read in this thread.

coreys
01-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Actually its not, I think he thought his answer through more than anyone else xP
NOW SHUTUP ALL OF YOU >:O

ApothiX
01-03-2006, 06:53 AM
NOW SHUTUP ALL OF YOU >:O
Read the first part of my post, before blatantly looking like an idiot.