PDA

View Full Version : Thamhic is hiring.

ApothiX
12-26-2005, 09:29 PM
Thamhic is a role-playing server based around the medieval period. It's content will feature an extensive class-hierarchy system, intriguing quests for single players aswell as quests that require a group of people to complete, an easy-to-use yet powerful GUI for greater user interactivity (gets rid of the need for slash commands.)

Thamhic uses the new-style heightmapped terrain (as featured on Graal Kingdoms) for the overworld levels.

We are currently hiring the following staff members:

Graphics Team
Scripting Team
Levels Team
Gani Team
Sound Team

Graphics Team
The members of the graphics team must be able to make quality graphics that fit in with the heightmapped terrain style. We are also looking for people who can make indoor and dungeon tilesets, equipment icons/spritesheets and a new type of full-colored body spritesheet.

Scripting Team
The scripting team members must have knowledge of the new scripting engine (or be willing to learn.) We are currently looking for scripters to help with the GUI, Basic Systems, Mudlib, aswell as other level-oriented scripts.

Levels Team
It is beneficial for the members of the level team to have knowledge of how to use heightmapped terrain, but it is not required as we also need indoor-levels completed, which will not be using the heightmapped terrain.

Gani Team
We are looking for gani team members who are skilled in using bodies different from the classic style to create animations that involve: walking, sitting, standing, swiming, attacking, blocking, etc. We are also looking for gani artists who are able to make random objects that act as filler in levels.

Sound Team
We are in need of people who can create quality-music for the overworld, dungeons and other areas of interest, aswell as sound effects for actions such as: attacking, walking, eating, etc.

If you are interested in working on Thamhic, contact me in-game (Account: ApothiX), or send a Forum PM detailing what type of job you are looking for. I will also be looking for samples of your work, and references if possible.

ApothiX
12-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I am still in dire need of development staff on this server. We have things planned out and just need people who are willing to work to make it happen.

Mykel
12-28-2005, 07:31 PM
Post screenshots? :)

ApothiX
12-28-2005, 07:37 PM
I'm afraid there's not much to see right now, besides a basic layout of the Gui. Here (http://www.okiesmokie.org/images/project/graal4.png)
We are still needing new window profiles to better suit our theme.

Flares
12-28-2005, 09:30 PM
As is the case with most playerworlds, we have great ideas, but we need means to apply them.

MysticX2X
12-28-2005, 10:21 PM
3d terrains are the eww. They only looked good on GK.

xAndrewx
12-28-2005, 10:23 PM
It's hot, good luck.

MysticX2X
12-28-2005, 10:25 PM
How does it look hot? He barely has anything.

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 02:06 AM
How does it look hot? He barely has anything.
Mind explaining why exactly you are trashing my server when:
1) You've never seen it
2) Your opinion against 3D Terrains seems to be completely biased (probably had bad experiences with them yourself, due to lack of knowledge.)

ViCtOrEhEhEh
12-29-2005, 08:44 AM
3d terrains are the eww. They only looked good on GK.
You've never seen another playerworld do this I bet. I think Okie can making something new and better. ;)

xAndrewx
12-29-2005, 01:01 PM
Myself too. I've also seen some hidden stuff.

pacMASTA
12-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Actully Project Element used 3D terrains and had something good going. But managment became inactive and the development blacked out, and a good server disopeared in a week.

ApothiX
12-29-2005, 07:25 PM
Actully Project Element used 3D terrains and had something good going. But managment became inactive and the development blacked out, and a good server disopeared in a week.
I'm pretty sure this server won't dissapear within a week. However, we are still looking for a fair amount of development staff.

Mykel
12-31-2005, 10:40 AM
Mind explaining why exactly you are trashing my server when:
1) You've never seen it
2) Your opinion against 3D Terrains seems to be completely biased (probably had bad experiences with them yourself, due to lack of knowledge.)Umm, he's probably going by your GUI, which happens the be the basic v4 crap :(

ApothiX
01-01-2006, 11:27 PM
Umm, he's probably going by your GUI, which happens the be the basic v4 crap :(
I'm afraid there's not much to see right now, besides a basic layout of the Gui. Here (http://www.okiesmokie.org/images/project/graal4.png)
We are still needing new window profiles to better suit our theme.
Then I guess he needs to learn how to read.

Malinko
01-03-2006, 02:08 PM
At least it's some new stuff!

Good luck.

talkingnoodle
01-03-2006, 11:07 PM
Whats in it?

ApothiX
01-04-2006, 06:11 AM
Whats in it?
What's not in it? ;) Haha.

napo_p2p
01-04-2006, 08:59 AM
What's not in it? ;) Haha.

Stolen graphics.
Retarded staff.
Abuse NPCs.
(or at least I hope so :p).

BTW, is there a meaning behind the name (just wondering). And good luck with the project :D.

xAndrewx
01-04-2006, 09:04 AM
Stolen graphics.(1)
Retarded staff.(2)
Abuse NPCs.
(or at least I hope so :p).

BTW, is there a meaning behind the name (just wondering). And good luck with the project :D.
(1), Can you show some evidence?
(2), who're the staff members that're 'retarded'?

Damix2
01-04-2006, 09:40 AM
(2), who're the staff members that're 'retarded'?

Hes saying they don't have that

Mykel
01-04-2006, 10:10 AM
(2), who're the staff members that're 'retarded'?My God, please learn to read.

ApothiX
01-04-2006, 11:22 AM
I love how andrew made no comment towards the Abusive NPCs :P

ViCtOrEhEhEh
01-04-2006, 09:30 PM
I love how andrew made no comment towards the Abusive NPCs :P
Rofl Yea. Lmao!

Codein
01-04-2006, 09:33 PM
My God, please learn to read.

Now now, it was a simple mistake.

Mykel
01-04-2006, 09:36 PM
Now now, it was a simple mistake.Yes, I just hate how he has to pick a fight in every single thread and be the one person who disagrees. So it's just sweet when he makes himself look like an ass.

xAndrewx
01-04-2006, 09:45 PM
Oh, my mistake.
I didn't try to pick a fight, I asked a question. It was a simple mistake.

Mykel
01-04-2006, 11:07 PM
Oh, my mistake.
I didn't try to pick a fight, I asked a question. It was a simple mistake.A simple mistake that could have been prevented had you read the word that was in bold. :frown:

ApothiX
01-04-2006, 11:26 PM
Calm down kids, Thamhic is still looking for development staff. If you are decent in any field of development, contact me please :)

Oh and about the question about the name that napo asked: I'm not entirely sure, I wasn't the one who came up with the name of it, it was given by the person who originally purchased the server, and I am not creative with names (Hence 'Okiesmokie' :P) so I just left it :P

GoZelda
01-05-2006, 12:27 AM
Andy, with all due respect, that was pretty stupid.

But not as stupid as

Think befroe you type

xAndrewx
01-05-2006, 09:07 AM
I'm quite aware it was stupid.

ApothiX
01-07-2006, 04:22 AM
Thamhic is in desperate need of Graphic Artists who can make tilesets and/or custom (fullcolor) bodies and heads. Please contact me if you can do this, and are wanting to work on Thamhic (or donate some graphics to us <3)

Yen
01-07-2006, 04:27 AM
:O Omi it looks purdy.

GUI profiles suck.. Is there a way to make the border of the window bigger than 6 pixels?
It doesn't give much room to make a nice border. :(

MysticX2X
01-08-2006, 01:39 AM
Then I guess he needs to learn how to read.
Your idea looks overused, you have barely any work before you posted for help except a map. And you used a 3d terrain which i think dont look good.

ApothiX
01-08-2006, 12:28 PM
Your idea looks overused
My idea (being singular) is overused? I wasn't aware I only had one idea, please enlighten me at what this idea is, please.

you have barely any work before you posted for help
Wow, you are pretty dense. The point of 'asking for help' (I assume you mean hiring staff) is to get people who can help me get work done. What kind of an idiot hires staff AFTER the server is complete?

And you used a 3d terrain which i think dont look good.
Quite frankly I'm getting sick of hearing you complain about 3D Terrains. If you don't like them, good, don't post here then. Either that or post why you don't like them, and perhaps I'll give you more credit.

MysticX2X
01-11-2006, 01:36 AM
My idea (being singular) is overused? I wasn't aware I only had one idea, please enlighten me at what this idea is, please.
It just sounds overused with your class system.

Wow, you are pretty dense. The point of 'asking for help' (I assume you mean hiring staff) is to get people who can help me get work done. What kind of an idiot hires staff AFTER the server is complete?
Yeah, but you have not even anything to show except some basic non-intresting things. If andrew seen some of your "good stuff", then why dont you post it.

Quite frankly I'm getting sick of hearing you complain about 3D Terrains. If you don't like them, good, don't post here then. Either that or post why you don't like them, and perhaps I'll give you more credit.
To my opinion, it would not match a 2d world, unless your trying to make it like GK.

ApothiX
01-11-2006, 03:52 PM
It just sounds overused with your class system.
Tell me one other server that is using the same type of class system?

Yeah, but you have not even anything to show except some basic non-intresting things. If andrew seen some of your "good stuff", then why dont you post it.
Because I want it to stay original, perhaps?

To my opinion, it would not match a 2d world, unless your trying to make it like GK.
Yea, you really need to learn how to read.

Malinko
01-11-2006, 06:52 PM
*Blinks*

If some people would read what Okiesmokie said, he made it quite clear what the project is about.

I mean...how difficult is it to realize the concept of his project?

Yen
01-11-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, here're a few questions.

How does 3D terrain work?
Does it just distort the tile images to create a slanting effect?
If so, is it possible to 'stack' tiles on a 90 degree angle? (i.e. if I wanted to make a wall, could I make it stack brick tiles ontop of each other?)

Benjamin1810
01-13-2006, 01:55 AM
Can you show a screen shot? Id like to be lat

ApothiX
01-13-2006, 06:50 AM
Hey, here're a few questions.

How does 3D terrain work?
Does it just distort the tile images to create a slanting effect?
If so, is it possible to 'stack' tiles on a 90 degree angle? (i.e. if I wanted to make a wall, could I make it stack brick tiles ontop of each other?)
I'm not an expert on how the 3D Terrain works, but I assume it just 'distorts the tile images to create a slanting effect' and makes use of the player.z variable.

I don't belive it's possible to stack tiles on top of eachother for the reason that the heightmap is separate from the actual tile layout of the level. The heightmap maps out the height segments on the gmap. Each height segment is 3 tiles (If I recall correctly) and is just a static integer (not a degree/radian value.) If the height of the segment is below the 'waterheight' variable, the tile will be underwater (and given a nice blue-effect *gasp*)

Can you show a screen shot? Id like to be lat
Send me a PM and possibly some examples of your work (email address: okiesmokie AT gmail DOT com) And we can work out some arrangements to let you have a look around the overworld.

Tom
01-13-2006, 08:30 PM
He posted so people were aware that Thamhic was even there, otherwise he'd be sitting on his server with no one knowing of his server, nor of his plans. So the best thing he did was to post, and here we are.

Im pretty interested in your server, and knowing that you are owner and are backing it proves it will have a good chance of becoming complete. I can most likely do graphics for you :) I lost interest in everything developerish wise :P

ApothiX
01-13-2006, 10:29 PM
He posted so people were aware that Thamhic was even there, otherwise he'd be sitting on his server with no one knowing of his server, nor of his plans. So the best thing he did was to post, and here we are.

Im pretty interested in your server, and knowing that you are owner and are backing it proves it will have a good chance of becoming complete. I can most likely do graphics for you :) I lost interest in everything developerish wise :P
Your support is greatly appreciated and any kind of work/submissions for Thamhic is equally appreciated :) If you would like to help out, feel free to PM me, or contact me in game and we can work something out :)

Moondeath_2
01-14-2006, 01:08 AM
Your idea looks overused, you have barely any work before you posted for help except a map. And you used a 3d terrain which i think dont look good.

You honestly before posting need to read the posts before just clicking the last page or so then you'd know what you are speaking of. Also i'm pretty sure knowing you after you read this you'll try to disrespect me on here which wouldn't be to wise graal you get warnings and jails for harrassment and then on here it will be a forum ban yippie! ^^