PDA

View Full Version : Inactivity

Sam
12-26-2005, 07:13 PM
Due to the inactivity of the Forest leadership, we need some informations about the kingdom life from the current members. Post here your problems and suggestions.

GryffonDurime
12-26-2005, 07:37 PM
Lance for absolute monarch.

Lance
12-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Lance for absolute monarch.

No thanks. :)

GryffonDurime
12-26-2005, 10:38 PM
No thanks. :)

Well then how about considering the person who, in retrospect, I should have given Forest to after my descent from the throne? I always felt that choosing the pity route was an ill decision.

Myukoi
12-26-2005, 10:54 PM
I just left Forest and joined Zormite yesterday. It was very boring. :\

xAndrewx
12-27-2005, 12:47 AM
I vote Dayaa!

Myukoi
12-27-2005, 12:53 AM
I vote Dayaa! You have a house that's being built in Zormite! :eek: We're going to be neighbors.

xAndrewx
12-27-2005, 12:53 AM
I have 4, on Zormite. :)

GryffonDurime
12-27-2005, 01:01 AM
I vote Dayaa!

Someone who has admitted a lack of skill at roleplaying, was given powers for no reason beyond friendship with the then-monarch, and whose first act with said powers was to abuse them?

...No offense to Dayaa, who is a cool person, but I think we've all seen how well "cool" non-RPers do at leading kingdoms (case in point: Sagesuns)

xAndrewx
12-27-2005, 01:05 AM
Wait?
Dayaa abused? when?
Dayaa doesn't RP on tag? when?

OasaTor_PK
12-27-2005, 01:56 AM
Oasa for forlolst leader.

StrykerTFFD
12-27-2005, 02:32 AM
*ahem*
How can you bring up an inactivity thread during the holidays?

Anyways, Draxx is around, just told me the other day he had internet troubles, so give him some time. I'm sure with those internet troubles and, oh I don't know, the fact it's CHRISTMAS BREAK he has a life?

As for what's been going on, I've seen some of Draxx's work. The items he's making, his ideas for further improvements, so honestly, just wait.

GryffonDurime
12-27-2005, 02:39 AM
*ahem*
How can you bring up an inactivity thread during the holidays?

Anyways, Draxx is around, just told me the other day he had internet troubles, so give him some time. I'm sure with those internet troubles and, oh I don't know, the fact it's CHRISTMAS BREAK he has a life?

As for what's been going on, I've seen some of Draxx's work. The items he's making, his ideas for further improvements, so honestly, just wait.

Methinkith they're extrapolating from more than just the past week.

Additionally, items and vague "improvements" mean little over active roleplaying and advancement of story, not to mention the fact that his character alone defied Graalian Canon.

StrykerTFFD
12-27-2005, 02:44 AM
Additionally, items and vague "improvements" mean little over active roleplaying and advancement of story, not to mention the fact that his character alone defied Graalian Canon.

Well, this is true, however I'm pretty sure if Draxx cares enough to spend his free time making new things for the Kingdom, he'd care to do some sort of RP when he returns. It's just at this moment it's...well Christmas break and he's had internet troubles, so he can't be expected to be on. I'll talk to him if he logs on AIM, though.

Jaquet
12-27-2005, 03:29 AM
::Current forest member -.-::

I am one of the few active members of Forest. I am the prince and ONLY active member of royalty -.-..

Draxx and Lasaria have not been on in ages. I dont know when or if they are coming back. Im on everyday except the past few days because of Christmas. Ive been doing my best, all by myself to bring forest back to life, ive done events, I've done lots of things but no one pays attention to forest anymore because we dont have the leaders anymore.

Ive seen Dayaa on maybe once or twice a week but thats it. Grirahan is on tag everyday, and so is John. There are another two members who I see on tag once in a while.

Thats the story of Forest. None of you are in Forest so you don't really know what exactly is going on. This is everything.

Waltz5
12-27-2005, 03:48 AM
Well then how about considering the person who, in retrospect, I should have given Forest to after my descent from the throne? I always felt that choosing the pity route was an ill decision.
Why whoever are you speaking of? ;)

Forest is the kingdom I still love and feel I belong to... however the current leadership forced me to take an extreme action of leaving the kingdom. Ugh, it's disgusting.

I'm sorry but I'm tired of hearing "I've seen Draxx's new items he's working on." Well I've been hearing that for months now, and items/levels don't take months to implement.

None of you are in Forest so you don't really know what exactly is going on.
It's not that hard to see what's going on for any kingdom really. There's no leadership in Forest.

GryffonDurime
12-27-2005, 03:59 AM
I don't need to be in a trainwreck to see the horror of the situation.

I care about Forest. I regret having given it to Lasaria, and by proxy, Draxx. They've done nothing but ruin a decent kingom.

StrykerTFFD
12-27-2005, 04:03 AM
Thats the story of Forest. None of you are in Forest so you don't really know what exactly is going on. This is everything.

Is that any way to talk to the Highjudge of Forest? ;)

And yeah, I've been in Forest since Chris was leader. Things were fun, although kind of inactive, but still Chris was around to have fun. I have a deep care for Forest and Chris is a good friend of mine so I want to keep things alive, so yeah.

Damix2
12-27-2005, 04:29 AM
Why whoever are you speaking of? ;)

Forest is the kingdom I still love and feel I belong to... however the current leadership forced me to take an extreme action of leaving the kingdom. Ugh, it's disgusting.

Hey!

I had some part in that too =D

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 05:46 AM
First of all I'd rather Die then let Forest fall into Waltz5's hands... I do not like him, and after the ... things he pulled in the tavern. All I see him to be is just a little kid. And if your wondering about my RP skills, I have been RPing for a very long time. Most of the time you dont even realize what i'm talking about.

I dont know about ONLY royal member.. I am the Royal Advisor for Lasaria ever since she became Queen. And Draxx is still a friend of mine. Haven't you ever noticed I never give up my forest shield, and I use a forest bow. It's because I care about forest and where its going. I dont want to see it destroyed by someone that I never see online, or some little kid. It deserves a better chance then that. I'd do everything in my power to restore the kingdom to some of its better days too.

Bring your issues up to my face, dont talk about things behind my back like that. Usually, I say things that most people dont even catch. Because I have a rather odd ability to bury messages within some rather long explainations, even this one. **Paragraph #1 (You honestly dont think I'd rather start a rebellion to overthrown someone like waltz.. well I would do just that).

Jaquet
12-30-2005, 05:49 AM
Royal Adviser isn't royalty. They advise the royalty. Hence the name: Royal Adviser.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 05:53 AM
I was getting to the point of how long I've been in Forest, doing work for your highness. And to be blunt, I can't do my job when they keep removing certain key rights. My job isn't just advising the royal family, but also recruiting and training.

As for your lack or being able to read what I said, thats your problem. You seem to skip over some of the details, patience is key to ruling a large group.
Thats some advice I have for you.

Oh and my tag, well I would wear it more, if I weren't so busy in the Tavern. It may not seem so busy, but I tend to wait a bit before I leave it, so peopel can actually order food. And when I do get on Forest tag, I'm still asked if I can get someone food or hire someone for the tavern.

xRuffRydax
12-30-2005, 05:56 AM
I've seen Dayaa RP, and i don't understand how you guys can go off and say "Oh she doesn't RP at all.." especially if your not on to see it. Throughout my time on GK, i've seen leaders of kingdoms come and go.. Draxx did a good job so far, but since he's gone inactive the Forest activity slowly went downhill. The best candidates i can think of for new leaders are Jaquet or Dayaa - Seeing as they are always on, they RP, and care for the kingdom. No offense Waltz5, but i don't think you and Forest would work out, and thats just my opinion. Sam, i do hope you make the right desicion..

Waltz5
12-30-2005, 05:57 AM
Dayaa
First of all I'd rather Die then let Forest fall into Waltz5's hands... I do not like him, and after the ... things he pulled in the tavern. All I see him to be is just a little kid.
Tavern? I'd like to know what you're talking about... because I don't even know. I never even go in the Tavern thank you very much.

And if your wondering about my RP skills, I have been RPing for a very long time. Most of the time you dont even realize what i'm talking about.
A long time doesn't necessarily equal "good."

Haven't you ever noticed I never give up my forest shield, and I use a forest bow. It's because I care about forest and where its going.
How does a shield or a bow translate into caring about Forest? That's pulling at strings.

Other than that, Gryffon already summed it up.

Steven
I've seen Dayaa RP, and i don't understand how you guys can go off and say "Oh she doesn't RP at all.." especially if your not on to see it.
I was with her in Forest.

The best candidates i can think of for new leaders are Jaquet or Dayaa - Seeing as they are always on, they RP, and care for the kingdom. No offense Waltz5, but i don't think you and Forest would work out, and thats just my opinion.
Based on those 3 same things, I'd just like to know why I wouldn't fit. I respect everyone's opinions obviously but always very curious.

Btw, you guys can also refer to me as Kyden... not Waltz5. ;)

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 06:05 AM
Well.. KYDEN you ever think of why your not in Forest?
Why you never come into the tavern??

It's all rather simple, I told you a few times to stop playing around, you just didn't listen. kicked you out of the tavern a number of times because you wont behave.

Ok, enough of you... wheres Jaquet, I want to have a decent conversation with him. Atleast one that we can come up with a plan to help forest, not tear everyone up with its issues.

**NOTE Time is invalid arguement, as it is a human concept, drop it. Your experience with other games isn't exactly valid either, or how well you can sneaze in RP. Its what you intend to do with your RP skills that you do have. THATS whats important.

Waltz5
12-30-2005, 06:10 AM
Well.. KYDEN you ever think of why your not in Forest?
Why you never come into the tavern??

It's all rather simple, I told you a few times to stop playing around, you just didn't listen. kicked you out of the tavern a number of times because you wont behave.
I seriously think you have me mistaken with someone else... I've been in the tavern maybe 3 times total. Once when it was first released, once to get a HSoH from Sam, and once today because I heard there was a new layout (not sure how long ago this occurred). I know Axen and "AlaricoMontaro" or something like that, did mess around in there when we were trying to figure out how to get something done.

I am not in Forest because Lasaria became aware of an attempted takeover which consisted of, at that time, every active member of Forest. We all wanted Lasara and you out, just was undecided who would take over. I took the fall and also decided to move on to a new RP character, my new one.

Atleast one that we can come up with a plan to help forest, not tear everyone up with its issues.
Yet you attempt to bring Jacquet down in the other thread about never seeing him online?

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 06:17 AM
I don't see him. It concerns me that the Prince of our kingdom does not show his face like the rest of us. Atleast you have the respect to come online and be semi-active, just too bad your like all the rest.

Your over level 100 with 1k hours.

I have 2k hours and not even near level 50.

I think about this and I realize how busy I have been helping others out, rather then myself. Returning the items from storage for the Princess of Dustari would be my last good deed. That was only last night too. When did you help someone out. Help them level from 1 to 10.. in a single day?? Did you ever think of others, from the looks of your character I say not. Typicall power player that cares only for himself, just like so many. All you got is hot gas to throw at me now.

This is the reason I dont go bmode, I can't do it. To many people I try to help, and no time for me to level up myself.

Don't you have your own kingdom to deal with?

Waltz5
12-30-2005, 06:29 AM
I don't see him. It concerns me that the Prince of our kingdom does not show his face like the rest of us. Atleast you have the respect to come online and be semi-active, just too bad your like all the rest.

Like all the rest? Please explain, I don't know what the rest is?

I think about this and I realize how busy I have been helping others out, rather then myself. Returning the items from storage for the Princess of Dustari would be my last good deed.
Well that's very good... I would never say anything against that.

When did you help someone out. Help them level from 1 to 10.. in a single day??
I'm been running around hunting Lords lately, and you always run into new characters. 1 to 10 is a few lords. I'm by myself most of the time but just yesterday Misty and I attempted to help a lv. 1 kill a lord. The other day I was with John (last name is escaping me... In Dusty perhaps, always carries a morningstar) and we helped a level 8 (approximately).

Did you ever think of others, from the looks of your character I say not. Typicall power player that cares only for himself, just like so many.
Getting to 110 can take as little as a week. It's not hard, my other levels are pretty bad. But by the same token, if you want to be a power player you have to have others to help you. I have 3 other people that I level with.

This is the reason I dont go bmode, I can't do it. To many people I try to help, and no time for me to level up myself.
I'm not in B-Mode either.

Posting on the forums about a kingdom I still care about doesn't take that much time away. You can still have a level editor up.

I'm done arguing and "tooting my own horn." I've made my interest known and that's all that I can do.

Hopefully whoever gets it can help to bring it back to something like it once was. In addition, whoever gets it can still use me as a resource if need be.

Damix2
12-30-2005, 06:36 AM

Think->Post

Kyden is priceless when it comes to the development of my kingdom, I could not ask for a better roleplayer to be my personal advisor.

That being said, he should be the leader of Forest, and I wholly support anything that would put him in that position.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Oh yes, that makes sense now. Damix the one that wanted to destroy forest for a week. Do you still persue this dream? Stay to your own kingdom please...

StrykerTFFD
12-30-2005, 06:39 AM
Uh huh. :whatever:

Damix2
12-30-2005, 06:42 AM
Oh yes, that makes sense now. Damix the one that wanted to destroy forest for a week. Do you still persue this dream? Stay to your own kingdom please...

Where did I want to destory Forest.

You're not privy to a lot of knowledge, so don't talk about things you have no knowledge of.

I post what I please in a PUBLIC forum.

k thankis

Zero Hour
12-30-2005, 06:50 AM
The amusing thing about this is that the leader of Forest hasn't posted in here. I would have to say that someone FROM WITHIN FOREST (Damix :P) should be promoted to leader.

Although I think Dayaa has done nothing but prove herself unfit for candidacy with her short temper, and rash responses.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 06:51 AM
There IS no leader, the only one that is in any form of control when Lasaria or Draxx is not online was left to me, their one advisor. Lasaria has no gold time left. Draxx doesnt have a working comptuer to return to graal.

Damix2
12-30-2005, 06:57 AM
The amusing thing about this is that the leader of Forest hasn't posted in here. I would have to say that someone FROM WITHIN FOREST (Damix :P) should be promoted to leader

Understood, but as you have just came to see, you took over a kingdom that had no fit leader in it.

Forest is in better shape then BO was, but I still think Kyden would be the best choice for the kingdom right now. It'd be a shame to lose him from Samurai, but I'd understand it was for the good of the game.

Zero Hour
12-30-2005, 07:00 AM
It'd be a shame to lose him from Samurai, but I'd understand it was for the good of the game.
And to gain a faithful satellite nation?

Don't take that poorly, I've talked to him a few times - and he's very reasonible. If someone from Forest isn't fit, take them from Dustari - they're inactive and have a fair ammount of decent people, if I'm not wrong.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 07:00 AM
You know, it sounds like you want Kyden to be leader, because he agrees with your goals. So you can truely conquer all of GK, just like others have done in the past.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but whomever does get to be leader best be a good one. I want to see Forest live again.

I swear by my pointy little ears that I will see it live again...

-_-

StrykerTFFD
12-30-2005, 07:03 AM
Forest is in better shape then BO was, but I still think Kyden would be the best choice for the kingdom right now. It'd be a shame to lose him from Samurai, but I'd understand it was for the good of the game.

Well, your opinion doesn't matter all that much. It's a Forest issue, one Forest can handle. If we want Kyden as leader, it'll happen. If we want Dayaa as leader, it'll happen. :cool:

Everyone seems to be missing the fact that this situation differs a lot from BO's. Forest has members that can speak for themselves, make choices for the kingdom. BO didn't really have...members...at all? :\

Point taken, this is a public forum. Cheers to you. But that's as far as your opinion really goes. The forum. ^^

Not being mean, it's just the reality of it all.

Damix2
12-30-2005, 07:03 AM
You know, it sounds like you want Kyden to be leader, because he agrees with your goals. So you can truely conquer all of GK, just like others have done in the past.

Maybe I am wrong about this, but whomever does get to be leader best be a good one. I want to see Forest live again.

I swear by my pointy little ears that I will see it live again...

-_-

I want to conquer GK... right, someones a bit paranoid.

@ ZH: I'm talking from my personal experiences you see. I see Kyden as the most fit leader of a kingdom that isn't already a leader (ego aside :cool: )

There are a few from Dustari I am sure, just like I have 2 more very competent leaders in Samurai that could be given the kingdom when I decide to step down. Shawn comes to mind, but if I am not mistaken he does not wish to lead.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 07:05 AM
Thank you (StrykerTFFD), atleast someone see's the truth of what Forest goes through now.

Zero Hour
12-30-2005, 07:08 AM
Everyone seems to be missing the fact that this situation differs a lot from BO's. Forest has members that can speak for themselves, make choices for the kingdom. BO didn't really have...members...at all? :\
How many, 5? The important thing is... "How diligent will their final decision be, and how capable are they of producing it?"

StrykerTFFD
12-30-2005, 07:18 AM
How many, 5? The important thing is... "How diligent will their final decision be, and how capable are they of producing it?"

It's not a matter of how many people are around, rather than the most important being around.

As it stands, we have Jaquet(Prince), Dayaa(Royal Advisor), and myself(Highjudge).

Now if these three positions can't make a decision on what happens, what is the point of our rank structure?

ReBorn_Spirit
12-30-2005, 07:42 AM
In reality we are all equals, and this is true. Ranks should be based on what we have done to get there, this is not always true. Sometimes you have to check with others about people, to see what one person is like. Once you find out what that person SHOULD be like from reputation, a few simple questions with that person will tell you if they lie, or disagree with the facts that have come up on this persons personality.

Yes its true there are certain guide lines that should be followed, and certain rules that come with all that. All we can really say is what we think should come to pass. Allready you see all of us arguing and spitting at each other here. But what you rarely see is someone trying to get a group together to agree on a certain goal.

My opinion isn't much relivant now, but what I think should happen, is that we get an active leader for Forest that can be competent enough to rebuild it and build a decent kingdom out of this mess that it has become. And enough with the quotes, we can simply read the previous statements.

As for the rest of it, I just dont really care who is becoming leader. As long as the new leader will restore the order and bring Forest back. I would do it myself If I had the chance, but that isn't always what is going to happen.

Damix2
12-30-2005, 07:46 AM
In reality we are all equals, and this is true. Ranks should be based on what we have done to get there, this is not always true. Sometimes you have to check with others about people, to see what one person is like. Once you find out what that person SHOULD be like from reputation, a few simple questions with that person will tell you if they lie, or disagree with the facts that have come up on this persons personality.

Yes its true there are certain guide lines that should be followed, and certain rules that come with all that. All we can really say is what we think should come to pass. Allready you see all of us arguing and spitting at each other here. But what you rarely see is someone trying to get a group together to agree on a certain goal.

My opinion isn't much relivant now, but what I think should happen, is that we get an active leader for Forest that can be competent enough to rebuild it and build a decent kingdom out of this mess that it has become. And enough with the quotes, we can simply read the previous statements.

As for the rest of it, I just dont really care who is becoming leader. As long as the new leader will restore the order and bring Forest back. I would do it myself If I had the chance, but that isn't always what is going to happen.

Some of us are not in linear view.

GryffonDurime
12-30-2005, 09:14 PM
If my word as the most immediate ancestral father of Forest means anything, allow me to set the record straight:

When I was given Forest, Chris overlooked Lasaria. Now, why would Chris choose a non-elven character to rule a society where Elves had a legal and exclusionary monopoly on the ruling class? Why would he choose someone new over the queen who had ruled Forest with him? Chris saw what a poor choice of leader Lasaria was, in truth he had only gotten to a royal position because he was Chris' friend. I should have seen this, I should have known after her first words to me after my coronation were "Am I going to lose my power?"

We forget. Life goes on, and we get jaded, and we forget. When my time came to step down, I had already faced two attempted coups, one from Becan and another from Etien. I was tired, and I had two choices set before for my successor: I could follow Chris' path and choose someone who I thought would be a truly excellent leader, or I could choose Lasaria out of sympathy for the fact that she had already been passed over once. We all know the choice I made, and I have regretted it since. If I had to do it all over again, I would have followed my instincts and chosen Kyden.

Kyden quickly ascended the ranks of the Elven magi. When there was still leadership and activity in the Forest (pre-Lasaria), he was exceptionally active. Draxx may make some simple icons (only took him months to do so), Kyden helped to further the storyline I had begun to set in motion surronding the Autumn Elves and the Tree of Life. He even made a rather nice Autumn Elf head, and he made it in less than two days, thank you very much. He was dedicated to preserving a proper roleplaying atmosphere with rich and interesting cultures.

I chose so very poorly. Now, if the choice is set before Forest, I see the same two diverging paths. Do not choose as I did, or you will only doom the Kingdom.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-31-2005, 01:15 AM
If you were serious about wanting an Elf to remain leader, I am an elf. And I know a bit of the Elvish language, though I am no High Elf. Well Lasaria seemed a bit odd for Forest, and Draxx was a dark elf. But atleast Draxx was trying to get things done, until he too vanished. I'd like to note that I wouldn't mind helping the next leader out to restore Forest. I know theres talk of me becoming the leader, but I know that might not be so true. Either way I am ready to get Forest back on track.

Morinya
12-31-2005, 01:42 AM
I've been quite inactive past months but came back recently to GK and saw the current situation Forest is in. Lasaria has run out of gold, Draxx is inactive and those who have rights can't do their job properly because Lasaria never fixed certain ranks. (Like I asked her to do months ago)
It's a fact Forest needs a new leader or temporary leader, depending on if Lasaria or Draxx will return soon.

The new leader should be chosen from within the kingdom, that leaves us with 2 candidates: Sae or Dayaa. I see Sae log on every hour for five minutes, stand in trade, do nothing, log off and next hour show up again for another five minutes.
I don't see Dayaa very often, the primary reason for this is because we live in different timezonesbut but I still see her 2-3 times a week When I see her she's always busy helping Forest members or non-members and if she doesn't have to help anyone she's in the pub were she RP's most of the time.
You all complain Dayaa isn't the perfect RPer well have you ever seen Sae RP??? I don't think so.
I prefer to have a leader who atleast tries to RP than to have one that hasn't even tried it yet.

How do you expect that Dayaa reacts on all these posts? She has done nothing but trying to help the kingdom and all you do is bash on her, I'm pretty sure everyone would react the same as she does if they were in the same situation.

(I don't wish to insult Sae with this post, I just don't think he's fit as leader of a kingdom.)

Zero Hour
12-31-2005, 01:58 AM
How do you expect that Dayaa reacts on all these posts? She has done nothing but trying to help the kingdom and all you do is bash on her, I'm pretty sure everyone would react the same as she does if they were in the same situation.
Leaders are expected to behave well, even under stress !
Also, I do others things than bash :)

GryffonDurime
12-31-2005, 02:29 AM
I've been quite inactive past months but came back recently to GK and saw the current situation Forest is in. Lasaria has run out of gold, Draxx is inactive and those who have rights can't do their job properly because Lasaria never fixed certain ranks. (Like I asked her to do months ago)
It's a fact Forest needs a new leader or temporary leader, depending on if Lasaria or Draxx will return soon.

The new leader should be chosen from within the kingdom, that leaves us with 2 candidates: Sae or Dayaa. I see Sae log on every hour for five minutes, stand in trade, do nothing, log off and next hour show up again for another five minutes.
I don't see Dayaa very often, the primary reason for this is because we live in different timezonesbut but I still see her 2-3 times a week When I see her she's always busy helping Forest members or non-members and if she doesn't have to help anyone she's in the pub were she RP's most of the time.
You all complain Dayaa isn't the perfect RPer well have you ever seen Sae RP??? I don't think so.
I prefer to have a leader who atleast tries to RP than to have one that hasn't even tried it yet.

(I don't wish to insult Sae with this post, I just don't think he's fit as leader of a kingdom.)

Your logic fails to account for outside circumstances. In this case, the circumstances are that better choices are outside Forest. It is not written in stone that a new leader must come from the immediate group in the kingdom. I was brought into Forest to be it's king, when I had been a Dustarian for AGES. Why is Kyden not in Forest? Because he pointed out, long ago, what we're all in agreement about now: that Lasaria is not an effective leader.

If you were serious about wanting an Elf to remain leader, I am an elf. And I know a bit of the Elvish language, though I am no High Elf. Well Lasaria seemed a bit odd for Forest, and Draxx was a dark elf. But atleast Draxx was trying to get things done, until he too vanished. I'd like to note that I wouldn't mind helping the next leader out to restore Forest. I know theres talk of me becoming the leader, but I know that might not be so true. Either way I am ready to get Forest back on track.

When did I say I wanted an elven successor? Why would I place any stock in such a matter when my character was not an elf? And, for the record, in Graal the Elven language is not written down and so you can not know our iteration of it (you are confusing it with Tolkein, most likely, which is another canon entirely) and there should be no High Elves, considering that when the Tree of Life began to wither during my rule I did a big event where they became the Autumn Elves ><.

Zxion
12-31-2005, 07:10 AM
Wow, I myself was an active member of Forest ever since Geovanie's rule, which lead to Chris's rule and during those days much fun was had. I was so dedicated to Forest that I was the only other active Highjudge for a while back in 2003 (I don't remember if Stryker was one then, so parden me if he was. Or if anyone else was for that matter, because I didn't see any others..) Things were going well, but soon my gold account ran out and I did not have a job at that time so I let my account be. About a year later, in fall 2004, I reupgraded my account for 3 months just to see what Graal was like and if anything changed since I was gone. For the most part, everything was the same, except for the fact that the kingdoms were in a totally different state than they once were. I didn't see as many people with kingdom tags as I once used to, and as for Forest, I think I was the only active member online except for a few who were probably on at different times. One day in the beginning of this year (2005) I met up with a fellow kingdom member named Kyden and we got to know each other over the next several months. I was amazed at the fact that there was still a member like myself in Forest who wanted to do so much for the kingdom and we exchanged many ideas of which Kyden told our then current leader, Gryffon. After a little while, we started to see some of those ideas being set in motion and we thought that this was the return of the once magnificent Forest, but there weren't enough people around to really get the ball rolling and Gryffon stepped down from his position. He made the decision of giving the kingdom to Lasaria, and I can see some of the reasons as to why he did it. Lasaria was in Forest for a longer time than Kyden and she was passed up last time. I myself was in Forest longer than Lasaria and from those days in which Chris was leader, she seemed to be more of a "behind the scenes" type of Queen so to speak. I wasn't sure of all the things she did during that time, but there were times when she would come on and interact with the kingdom. Now, when he gave the kingdom to Lasaria, I was a bit disappointed because I truly did not see her on as much as Kyden and myself, but I accepted it and I tried to make the best of it. Time went on and not much was being done at first, but soon some radical changes started to happen. One thing was that new people were being recruited into the kingdom complete with high ranks and royalty which, I might add, is something that should never, ever happen unless they were once a member of such kingdom and are still worthy of that position. This was one of the major reasons as to why Kyden and I chose to leave Forest; we felt that it truly wasn't the same as it once was. Thus we decided to start new characters under Samurai for a change of pace. As for Mydia, I remember the first day I met her, I tried to talk to her and the first thing she did was insult me and said "you don't even know who I am!" Now, of course I didn't know who she was, but I did not insult her or even provoke a situation for her to do such a thing to me. But the thing I find to be a little bit ironic is that she herself had no idea of who I was and yet she was the one doing the insulting. This was done while she was the Empress of Samurai at the time (thus the segway); talk about poorly representing your kingdom..but that isn't the point of my post. Now, I don't have a problem with Mydia, or anyone else for that matter, I just thought that I would share some of my experiences and let others know what has happened in the past, seeing as I was once an important member of this kingdom and I wanted to set the story straight. If anybody has any questions, I am always willing to help and share. I would love to see Forest restored to its former glory.

Brad
12-31-2005, 07:18 AM
Wow, I myself was an active member of Forest ever since Geovanie's rule, which lead to Chris's rule and during those days much fun was had. I was so dedicated to Forest that I was the only other active Highjudge for a while back in 2003 (I don't remember if Stryker was one then, so parden me if he was. Or if anyone else was for that matter, because I didn't see any others..) Things were going well, but soon my gold account ran out and I did not have a job at that time so I let my account be. About a year later, in fall 2004, I reupgraded my account for 3 months just to see what Graal was like and if anything changed since I was gone. For the most part, everything was the same, except for the fact that the kingdoms were in a totally different state than they once were. I didn't see as many people with kingdom tags as I once used to, and as for Forest, I think I was the only active member online except for a few who were probably on at different times. One day in the beginning of this year (2005) I met up with a fellow kingdom member named Kyden and we got to know each other over the next several months. I was amazed at the fact that there was still a member like myself in Forest who wanted to do so much for the kingdom and we exchanged many ideas of which Kyden told our then current leader, Gryffon. After a little while, we started to see some of those ideas being set in motion and we thought that this was the return of the once magnificent Forest, but there weren't enough people around to really get the ball rolling and Gryffon stepped down from his position. He made the decision of giving the kingdom to Lasaria, and I can see some of the reasons as to why he did it. Lasaria was in Forest for a longer time than Kyden and she was passed up last time. I myself was in Forest longer than Lasaria and from those days in which Chris was leader, she seemed to be more of a "behind the scenes" type of Queen so to speak. I wasn't sure of all the things she did during that time, but there were times when she would come on and interact with the kingdom. Now, when he gave the kingdom to Lasaria, I was a bit disappointed because I truly did not see her on as much as Kyden and myself, but I accepted it and I tried to make the best of it. Time went on and not much was being done at first, but soon some radical changes started to happen. One thing was that new people were being recruited into the kingdom complete with high ranks and royalty which, I might add, is something that should never, ever happen unless they were once a member of such kingdom and are still worthy of that position. This was one of the major reasons as to why Kyden and I chose to leave Forest; we felt that it truly wasn't the same as it once was. Thus we decided to start new characters under Samurai for a change of pace. As for Mydia, I remember the first day I met her, I tried to talk to her and the first thing she did was insult me and said "you don't even know who I am!" Now, of course I didn't know who she was, but I did not insult her or even provoke a situation for her to do such a thing to me. But the thing I find to be a little bit ironic is that she herself had no idea of who I was and yet she was the one doing the insulting. This was done while she was the Empress of Samurai at the time (thus the segway); talk about poorly representing your kingdom..but that isn't the point of my post. Now, I don't have a problem with Mydia, or anyone else for that matter, I just thought that I would share some of my experiences and let others know what has happened in the past, seeing as I was once an important member of this kingdom and I wanted to set the story straight. If anybody has any questions, I am always willing to help and share. I would love to see Forest restored to its former glory.

You want a brownie for the enormous pointless post?

Forest never had glory, it was never ever up to the level of Dustari or Zormite, and it's leaders have done nothing progressive since after Zurkiba (GUY I GAVE KINGDOM 2) left. Astri was cool, had some neat ideas, and was always active. Forest may have had large activity in spurts since then, but were they ever really active in any of the huge GK kingdom events? No. The leaders had in-kingdom events between their members only which I'm sorry, aren't too much fun. Forest has been dead for years. Destroy the entire kingdom or get a really good leader who wants to do something BIG.

edit : keep in mind im not trying to flame any leaders with this post

StrykerTFFD
12-31-2005, 09:11 AM
The new leader should be chosen from within the kingdom, that leaves us with 2 candidates: Sae or Dayaa.

Um, why couldn't I be a candidate? Been Highjudge since Chris was leader. Haven't had trouble with others. I DO play(just really early to steal from Lords ^^ )

Why COULDN'T Kyden be leader? When the whole revolution against Lasaria begun it was Kyden and myself(Although a lot of people fail to mention me as I was the Highjudge watching over it all) heading things off. The two choices at the time were Kyden and myself for taking over. He's worthy of it as well.

The choice on leader should be made within the Kingdom, but as for who becomes leader? Who knows.

Note:Purpose of this post was show that they are not the only two candidates.

ReBorn_Spirit
12-31-2005, 12:47 PM
This isn't about what happened in the past with Lasaria, we should stay a bit focused on what is to come. From what I've heard we dont have much choice in it, other then our 2 cents here on the forum.

**There are forms of Elvish that some follow, as Chris once did.

GoZelda
12-31-2005, 01:11 PM
Destroy the entire kingdom or get a really good leader who wants to do something BIG.
That first option isn't even such a bad idea.

Morinya
12-31-2005, 02:12 PM
Your logic fails to account for outside circumstances. In this case, the circumstances are that better choices are outside Forest. It is not written in stone that a new leader must come from the immediate group in the kingdom. I was brought into Forest to be it's king, when I had been a Dustarian for AGES. Why is Kyden not in Forest? Because he pointed out, long ago, what we're all in agreement about now: that Lasaria is not an effective leader.

If you select a new leader from outside the kingdom there are many people who could be chosen.
I personally think it's better to first select someone from inside the kingdom and see what he/she can do, if the new leader fails I would pick a non-member as leader. Maybe you're right that there are better people outside Forest but the people in Forest atleast did something for the kingdom past months and they deserve a chance to proof they can handle the kingdom.

I'm pretty sure Kyden could be a good leader but like I said before I think the candidates inside Forest should have more chance than him in becoming leader.

As for StrykerTFFD, why can't I be leader? I'm the Archknight and active, haven't had problems with anyone else either, only thing I've done is helping out members and being in the HH to get maps for them. And there is also Mikuz, he's Admiral and he's been doing a good job for Forest too or maybe Grirahan he was the Grand Druid. You're pretty right we all deserve a chance isn't it? Not just you but every kingdom member should have a chance on becoming leader. Let's see every member gets a vote, everyone will probably vote for himself so we still wouldn't have a leader.

Splke
12-31-2005, 03:57 PM
Argo for King of Forest.

::

I give no boobs. I give only promises of corrupt overpowered items and laundering of USD sells.

Lolz.

StrykerTFFD
12-31-2005, 04:34 PM
As for StrykerTFFD, why can't I be leader? I'm the Archknight and active, haven't had problems with anyone else either, only thing I've done is helping out members and being in the HH to get maps for them. And there is also Mikuz, he's Admiral and he's been doing a good job for Forest too or maybe Grirahan he was the Grand Druid. You're pretty right we all deserve a chance isn't it? Not just you but every kingdom member should have a chance on becoming leader. Let's see every member gets a vote, everyone will probably vote for himself so we still wouldn't have a leader.

Sadly you have missed the point of my post, even though it was stated directly at the bottom.

The point was that you stated two worthy candidates for throne. I pointed out that there are more than two worthy candidates. Is all of Forest eligible? Of course not, that'd be silly.

As for Argo as King, sure, only if boobies are promised, yes?

I give no boobs. I give only promises of corrupt overpowered items and laundering of USD sells.

Lolz.

You have my vote!

Morinya
12-31-2005, 05:23 PM
Argo for King of Forest.

::

Lolz.

I think you get my vote too than.

Stryker, yes maybe in your eyes there are more than 2 worthy candidates. This is only my oppinion, I only see Dayaa fir for the throne but that's also because I don't really know you so I can't say that you're worthy the throne or not. I hope you understand a bit what I'm saying, I don't mean to insult you or anything.

GryffonDurime
12-31-2005, 07:55 PM

Stryker, yes maybe in your eyes there are more than 2 worthy candidates. This is only my oppinion, I only see Dayaa fir for the throne but that's also because I don't really know you so I can't say that you're worthy the throne or not. I hope you understand a bit what I'm saying, I don't mean to insult you or anything.

I don't think Dayaa's fit for the throne of the Bomy Gang, much less an actual kingdom. You'd be replacing an inactive and innept Queen with a more innept one, albeit more active.

StrykerTFFD
12-31-2005, 09:42 PM

Well then, now that I see it as you stating your opinion rather than you stating it as fact, I can understand it more. ^^

Splke
01-01-2006, 03:06 AM
ARGO FREAKIN SAX FOR KING

serious. i'd buy gold time.

Zero Hour
01-01-2006, 07:45 AM
I don't think Dayaa's fit for the throne of the Bomy Gang, much less an actual kingdom. You'd be replacing an inactive and innept Queen with a more innept one, albeit more active.
You don't have to be quite so blunt :)

lordbosh
01-01-2006, 09:03 AM
I spoke to Draxx just a bit earlier. He told me he shall be on gk again within this week. I say give it until friday, then let the revolution begin. If he comes back before then, call off the revolution. The whole point is to get a leader in, or return of the current leader.

Give it till friday. 1-6-06

StrykerTFFD
01-01-2006, 09:46 AM
What Bosh says is true. Draxx PMed me and said he's figured out the problem with his computer and he'll be back soon.

xRuffRydax
01-01-2006, 11:43 AM
What Bosh says is true. Draxx PMed me and said he's figured out the problem with his computer and he'll be back soon.
Same, i talked to draxx as well :)

DraxxTeazok
01-01-2006, 12:20 PM
Yea, i talked to Draxx too. =P

I just got my problem fixed, the reason i was gone so long was because i could not get a picture on my monitor, so i couldn't even let people know what happened. I figured it to be a problem with the radeon gfx card, seeing as its been giving me some trouble, come to find out when i was cleaning stuff inside i apparently shifted the processor, causeing the whole problem myself, which i just resolved several minutes ago. I know i have been absent and people are starting to get frustrated, I dont blame them a bit, but its not because i abandoned everyone, i just had some trouble. Now that it is solved i plan to be on full time once again. starting within the next couple days. I will need a new modem, but that is easy enough to get.

As for forest, it does need help for sure, and i am always looking for friendly people who are willing to take the time to help. Nullify offered to help me with scripts and levels, so i can pick back up where andrew left off and finish the new buildings, which will greatly improve forest. I have inlarged the castle and straightened the walls and tiled the floor as well, but i have to wait for staff to approve it and transfer it to gk, i can't do it alone, thats why everything is taking so long. I also have new gear and a new flag which can be seen on www.freewebs.com/gkingdomz/ , but i once again have to wait for staff to add them into the game, i can't do it myself. Staff seems to want to wait on new kingdom gear, so instead i am gonna work on rare tables and chairs and lamps and such, like CP did, then i'll event those off, hopefully with some RP events (which i can use help with too). This will still take much time to create and release, but i am more then willing to put in the work. Other things to have transfered are the many trees i have added to forest island as well as a new and very much improved rank system.

All i ask is that you try to be patient and give me a couple more weeks before you deem me unworthy and have me removed, i will be unrelenting in my quest to improve forest, changes WILL be made. As for my lack of Role playing, i dont deny that i act out of character sometimes when i shouldn't, i am working on this, but please try and be patient with me, i have a lot to deal with right now, and i am trying to improve every aspect of forest, including my RP skill and our lack of events. I think i am gonna seek out someone who is willing to be our "Forest Events Master" so to speak. Anyway, i figured you all diserved to know where i been and why, and also know that i really am sorry for leaving you all hanging like that, you never left my thoughts, and i will do my best to not let it happen again.

Sam
01-01-2006, 12:23 PM
Ok, sounds good so far. We will see what happens the next days.

Splke
01-01-2006, 01:38 PM
So no Argo for king? damn.

--Chris--
01-01-2006, 04:22 PM
I vote Argo irl.

StrykerTFFD
01-01-2006, 04:28 PM
I vote Argo irl.

What about me? Are you cheating on me with Argo? :frown:

GryffonDurime
01-01-2006, 06:22 PM
I'd just like to point out one misconception...

finish the new buildings, which will greatly improve forest.

Buildings don't improve kingdoms. Items REALLY don't improve kingdoms: people tend to join only for the items and then split. New graphics don't improve kingdoms. People, Roleplaying, and Activity improve kingdoms. With that being said, so long as you recognize that your roleplaying will be seen as the measuring tool for the kingdom, and your willingness to learn and ability to improve will greatly affect the activity, you seem to be on your way to being a good leader. Save the Drow fact, but que sera.

Splke
01-02-2006, 09:14 AM
I vote Argo irl.

You should of just given it to me. I would of made all our dreams come true; like making hundreds of dolors by selling pixelated overpowered weapons/cloaks/boots/armors/helmets, then dominating the GK economy with my USDing skills, thus, enveloping the game in the palm of my hand.

If you want a GK like this.. vote Argosax for King.

_

In all seriousness, I'm broke and I doubt I could make a 'comeback' at that game the way it is now without winning the lottery, then getting ****faced and convincing myself to buy GK pixels for USD again.

The 'silliness' (as one *** member of Graal called it <3~) of my posts is an indirect attempt to patronize the irony of me asking to be King. I'd do it, but you have one. So until he croaks / gets overthrown / decides to sell me the Kingdom, you're stuck with him. Sorry!! ps: i like draxx as king anyways. he better not **** it the **** up though. i'll be pissed and come after him and all of you *******s like Etien.. just I'll bribe some staff member so that I can take over the kingdom through seemingly legit RP reasons. why am I still typing? I guess i'm trying to make the most out of my 1-a-day post. or 3, if I timed it perfectly. anywhom..

Draenin
01-02-2006, 09:48 AM
You should of just given it to me. I would of made all our dreams come true; like making hundreds of dolors by selling pixelated overpowered weapons/cloaks/boots/armors/helmets, then dominating the GK economy with my USDing skills, thus, enveloping the game in the palm of my hand.

If you want a GK like this.. vote Argosax for King.Wait. It already happens! Conundrum!

Splke
01-03-2006, 03:56 PM
Wait. It already happens! Conundrum!

Perhaps my wittiness is only matched by your ability to make it seem completly null and void!! Zomgspasm~!