PDA

View Full Version : An idea for ANOTHER PLANET and sparing

bbabba
12-16-2005, 10:21 PM
This planet is called Valdor

IN this planet theres no teams,its a planet to make money by killing enemeys.you cant pk though cuase everyone is on the same side(sort of).
To get back into the drop ship you need to go on one of those satilight things from alpha or die :eek:

And in the drop ships of planets can we add a door that connects to a sparing level ?

jkool666
12-16-2005, 11:19 PM
This planet is called *what stefen names it*

IN this planet theres no teams,its a planet to make money by killing monsters(15$ per monster but you dont get exp)you cant pk though cuase everyone is on the same side(sort of).Only 1 person can win and when you win you vs a boss,if you beat the boss you get 150 exp and in the drop ships of planets can we add a door and connect a sparing level to it?

I can't see monsters on a futuristic server. But overal I dislike the idea. It would be way to easy to earn money by sitting around killing monsters. Also this would take to much work. There would need to be an entire new planet created along with a bunch of npc's (I think there called that). I do like the idea of a sparing arena but the focus of your post is on the new map. Describe the arena a little more.

bbabba
12-16-2005, 11:56 PM
Its this cave with really strong enemeys(robots to be exact)

the cave has stone tiles and sand as flooring.theres a lake were you can fight mutated sharks and in random places theres pretty pink crystals theres also the yellow gas holes with bridges from alpha

btw most monsters can kill you in 3 shots so it is hard!also theres no electrons in this planet due to laming*cough*stuning robots*cough*

the classes are:
commando
comander
ripperinfantry
defender
scout
marine
lightinfantry
chemical trooper

Polydectes
12-17-2005, 12:02 AM
I can't see monsters on a futuristic server. But overal I dislike the idea. It would be way to easy to earn money by sitting around killing monsters. Also this would take to much work. There would need to be an entire new planet created along with a bunch of npc's (I think there called that). I do like the idea of a sparing arena but the focus of your post is on the new map. Describe the arena a little more.

Maybe not monsters, but aliens of some sort. I mean, it is a futuristic server and all, and it is dealing with a NEW planet, so who knows? ;)

I think it's a good idea, but maybe put a little more thought into it?
Be a little more detailed :P

bbabba
12-17-2005, 12:47 AM
If you red my previous posts i said there robots and mutated things etc.ill go change the words that say monsters in my first post to enemeys

edit:ok its edited!

edit:I will make a pic of somthing what the planet should look like

edit:you should know now :spam:

ps.the person who made jpeg files do that is a faaaaaaaag !pissed! !pissed!

haunter
12-17-2005, 01:15 AM
If you red my previous posts i said there robots and mutated things etc.ill go change the words that say monsters in my first post to enemeys

edit:ok its edited!

edit:I will make a pic of somthing what the planet should look like

edit:you should know now :spam:

ps.the person who made jpeg files do that is a faaaaaaaag !pissed! !pissed!
WOW THAT'S QUITE THE PLANET

bbabba
12-17-2005, 01:24 AM
The brown thing in the middle is the underground drop ship and cave.

Oh and who knows what kind of robots,mutants,aliens,giant insects are in the cave?All we know is we have to kill em all and claim valdor as our planet......again becuase the enemeys stole it and we have to kill them all to get it backx_x thats the story behind my planet :)

GryffonDurime
12-17-2005, 01:54 AM

Oh and who knows what kind of robots,mutants,aliens,giant insects are in the cave?All we know is we have to kill em all and claim valdor as our planet......again becuase the enemeys stole it and we have to kill them all to get it backx_x thats the story behind my planet :)

How eloquent. I'm sure such blind and zealous Imperialism will serve you well in life.

bbabba
12-17-2005, 02:08 AM
Whats that supostue mean?

haunter
12-17-2005, 02:44 AM
supostue
What's that supposed to mean?

Polydectes
12-17-2005, 02:47 AM

You mean the big hole that is on the side of Jupiter? x_x

bbabba
12-17-2005, 02:52 AM
tsk it isnt jupiter and the whole is the entrance to the drop ship witch is the entrance to the cave(planet map)

Polydectes
12-17-2005, 03:23 AM
tsk it isnt jupiter and the whole is the entrance to the drop ship witch is the entrance to the cave(planet map)

No, it's a resized image of Jupiter.

bbabba
12-17-2005, 03:25 AM
WTF!?!?!?
Jupiter isnt so orange and the thing int he middle is brown besides,i dont know how to resize and i was to lazy to crop it.I can show you the original if you want but it wont look the same since this one is jpeg

Unpredlctable
12-17-2005, 05:49 AM
WTF!?!?!?
Jupiter isnt so orange and the thing int he middle is brown besides,i dont know how to resize and i was to lazy to crop it.I can show you the original if you want but it wont look the same since this one is jpeg
Yet you're not too lazy to add the extra exclamation points and question marks to the end of your "WTF."
And how can you reach such a point of laziness as to not want to do something as simple as cropping an image?
The whole idea of the planet in general seems to be going downhill anyway.

Wind_Master
12-17-2005, 06:51 AM
Im suprised no one has caught on to this yet. Is'nt this planet almost identical to alpha? Maybe it's just me but it seems that way.

anubis_wing
12-17-2005, 07:59 AM
Im suprised no one has caught on to this yet. Is'nt this planet almost identical to alpha? Maybe it's just me but it seems that way.
No sorry it's just you

Huwajux
12-17-2005, 10:53 AM
WOW THAT'S QUITE THE PLANET
I would type "LOLOLOLOLOLOLMAOROFL!!!!!!!" but let's just leave it at I laughed.

MisterMastermind
12-17-2005, 10:55 AM
Looks like KOTH, except the whole is smaller.

SirRiley1
12-17-2005, 11:21 AM
I think the idea is good but, it needs some work. The planet does look like koth but, smaller. The whole story needs a little help. The iamge of the planet needs editing. Again overall it sounds pretty fun :cool: . I don't like the sparring idea thought. It sounds very very very boring :asleep: .

jkool666
12-17-2005, 08:03 PM
No it does look like a recolour of alpha I agree.

MrsMastermind
12-18-2005, 02:51 AM
I just think the idea is dumb, people would just kill the enemys over and over again..Making it easy to get money.

MisterMastermind
12-18-2005, 03:01 AM
Agreed.

bbabba
12-20-2005, 12:33 AM
I DIDNT MAKE A RECOLOR!
I simpily made the attachment and edited it changing the orange shades to shades of brown and added a pillow shaded hole in the middle!
It only got smudgy becuase its .jpeg but that doesent matter cuase it looks good smudged :cool:

Now look at the alpha type and beta type!

edit:Ill crop the beta version later and its just you that it looks like w/e the planet is called :whatever: Stop trying to ruin a very good planet in the futur !pissed! besides we have 1 more open space and we should fill it with somthing usfull :) So acceapt that I made it from scratch and if your one of those malorians who dont belive I can gfx well.....**** you **** ball!

btw spar rooms are good cuase when you and your friends want to spar,you could!

edit:Actually you only get like 3-20$ and the enemeys are hard in like...400 hp(somtimes 800 or 600 if its a mech) and 2 hit ko's somtimes.

Robert_H
12-20-2005, 01:54 AM
I DIDNT MAKE A RECOLOR!
I simpily made the attachment and edited it changing the orange shades to shades of brown and added a pillow shaded hole in the middle!
It only got smudgy becuase its .jpeg but that doesent matter cuase it looks good smudged :cool:

Now look at the alpha type and beta type!

edit:Ill crop the beta version later and its just you that it looks like w/e the planet is called :whatever: Stop trying to ruin a very good planet in the futur !pissed! besides we have 1 more open space and we should fill it with somthing usfull :) So acceapt that I made it from scratch and if your one of those malorians who dont belive I can gfx well.....**** you **** ball!

btw spar rooms are good cuase when you and your friends want to spar,you could!

edit:Actually you only get like 3-20$ and the enemeys are hard in like...400 hp(somtimes 800 or 600 if its a mech) and 2 hit ko's somtimes.
Don't go off subject,I still think it's stupid.

Sulukra
12-20-2005, 02:50 AM
Uh, dude.

The .jpg looks better.

bbabba
12-20-2005, 03:26 AM
No I know that!The jpeg one is edited but I accidently saved it as jpeg(thank god)
The alpha one is just to get the shape and shade spots etc

Huwajux
12-20-2005, 04:05 PM
spar rooms are good cuase when you and your friends want to spar,you could!
This type of planet has already been suggested.

Admins
12-20-2005, 05:31 PM
I guess it should be event-based (not open all the time), and we need the monster gfx

darkkid
12-20-2005, 05:34 PM
MONSTERS!!!!! what are the monsters gonna be like? Futuristic martians???

Huwajux
12-20-2005, 05:57 PM
I really think the monster ideas won't help Zone at all.

darkkid
12-20-2005, 09:06 PM
i think monsters will ruin the zone effect

bbabba
12-20-2005, 11:21 PM
There not friggen middle age monsters.

Monsters in like video games enemeys are also known as monsters!

heres some enemeys/monsters samples

mech 400hp:its like a mech but it is more dumb,a little less faster then used with a player.bullet dmg is 10 dmg each and a stomp is 40 dmg each 3 seconds.gives 10$

magfleron 300 hp:Its a firery alien.it shoots lasers from its gun and technicly acts like a normal fighting npc (npc's who attack you)It uses a infinite erpulser.gives 6$

octo mutant 600 hp:These are monsters in the lake(literally).they conot move but there tenticals move around and shoot stuff like a gooander.They go back underwanter when you get far for them not to attack you but you attack them so in other words NO LAMING ENEMEYS YOU FRIGGEN NOOBS !pissed!

heres the updated classes instead of the ones in my previous post since electrons will make it to easy!

1.dark side(Ill TRY to make its class gfx in a sec)
2.commando
3.commander
4.lightinfantry
5.heavyinfantry
6.ripperinfantry
7.medic(can be used to heal friends etc)
8.marine

edit:here it is!I didnt crop it cuase I thought your getting impatant and lock the thread :rolleyes:

Shadox
12-21-2005, 12:49 AM
calm down man, for the most part no one likes it, there is almost no point in continuing

bbabba
12-21-2005, 12:53 AM
Ok.Well......its already been posted etc so theres no more of a point posting here

jkool666
12-21-2005, 01:09 AM
mech 400hp:its like a mech but it is more dumb,a little less faster then used with a player.bullet dmg is 10 dmg each and a stomp is 40 dmg each 3 seconds.gives 10$

I believe somthing needs to drive a mech for it to move. Also as said, this is to easy a way to make money.

magfleron 300 hp:Its a firery alien.it shoots lasers from its gun and technicly acts like a normal fighting npc (npc's who attack you)It uses a infinite erpulser.gives 6$

Who came up with the name?:S It wouldn't shoot lazers either, it would shoot the ERPulsar bullets if it was holding one.

octo mutant 600 hp:These are monsters in the lake(literally).they conot move but there tenticals move around and shoot stuff like a gooander.They go back underwanter when you get far for them not to attack you but you attack them so in other words

They would shoot goo like the goonader. And I'm guessing water animations will need to be done aswell for a lake? And how much money do you earn?

NO LAMING ENEMEYS YOU FRIGGEN NOOBS !pissed!

Then take more consideration into the classes you picked for this map. And calm down.

edit:here it is!I didnt crop it cuase I thought your getting impatant and lock the thread :rolleyes:
Yeah that looks like the Beam icon with a class icon background. :S Appologies if it isn't.

All in all, calm down and take criticism. A lot of people agree on the thought of it being an easy way to make money. You need to rethink the fine details of the map. Example:
Jesse/Touya laming a monster. I hit 150hp, Touya hits 150hp, who gets the money? Is there a feature to prevent teaming monsters?

bbabba
12-21-2005, 04:28 AM
I believe somthing needs to drive a mech for it to move. Also as said, this is to easy a way to make money.

Who came up with the name?:S It wouldn't shoot lazers either, it would shoot the ERPulsar bullets if it was holding one.

They would shoot goo like the goonader. And I'm guessing water animations will need to be done aswell for a lake? And how much money do you earn?

Then take more consideration into the classes you picked for this map. And calm down.

Yeah that looks like the Beam icon with a class icon background. :S Appologies if it isn't.

All in all, calm down and take criticism. A lot of people agree on the thought of it being an easy way to make money. You need to rethink the fine details of the map. Example:
Jesse/Touya laming a monster. I hit 150hp, Touya hits 150hp, who gets the money? Is there a feature to prevent teaming monsters?
Is there a way to prevent stealing kills on other planets?No!besides the monsters attack also and they do big dmg+you can make more than 6$by killing players and its easyer cuase they have only 100 hp!

Huwajux
12-21-2005, 11:31 AM
Is there a way to prevent stealing kills on other planets?No!besides the monsters attack also and they do big dmg+you can make more than 6$by killing players and its easyer cuase they have only 100 hp!
Still easy.

icemaster
12-21-2005, 03:23 PM
k, i came kinda late on this topic so bear with me without quotings.

it sounds like an 'ok' idea, but i have a few things to say.

1. players alone make a lot of lag for people, wont monsters + players make it a HELL of a lot worse? and thats the least of the problems that could occur

2. what would the map look like? can u make like a floor of it? cause...a map like deathmatch would be too small for a place like this...infact all the current map sizes would be too small, and another alpha styled will just be way too laggy

3. like jesse said, who would get the money if we both killed it?

4. at the start you said you cant player kill, then you said you get money for it :S

opinions

1. sparring and killing monsters dont go together, personally i think an arena for sparring should be placed in the deathmatch dropship, but thats just me ^^

2. i do liek the idea, dont get me wrong, but as for the 'monsters' u stated, i dont think they would really fit in :S

mutated sharks? (for 1) dont fit zone at all, aliens however i could see

3. i think this should be the solo kind of mode, itd be much better, or maybe maximum of 2-4 people and you split the reward at the end of the 'mission'

4. maybe you have to get through a certain amount of monsters (maybe like...125 per person (so if 4 played, you would all have to kill a total of 500 monsters)) and as for reward, how about 100-150 bucks a person? thats not that much, still makes gettin money time consumed, yet you dont return empty handed from doing this. and the key to this prize is, if you get damaged a lot, basically that money goes toward med kits/cookies (WHICH WILL STAY ^^).

like i said in another thread, post all ideas anyway even if you dont think, good ideas may spring about, in all...i like the effort here

added: btw, aliens instead of the 'monsters' u claimed would be a big opinion changer in my view

bbabba
12-21-2005, 10:13 PM
k, i came kinda late on this topic so bear with me without quotings.

it sounds like an 'ok' idea, but i have a few things to say.

1. players alone make a lot of lag for people, wont monsters + players make it a HELL of a lot worse? and thats the least of the problems that could occur

2. what would the map look like? can u make like a floor of it? cause...a map like deathmatch would be too small for a place like this...infact all the current map sizes would be too small, and another alpha styled will just be way too laggy

3. like jesse said, who would get the money if we both killed it?

4. at the start you said you cant player kill, then you said you get money for it :S

opinions

1. sparring and killing monsters dont go together, personally i think an arena for sparring should be placed in the deathmatch dropship, but thats just me ^^

2. i do liek the idea, dont get me wrong, but as for the 'monsters' u stated, i dont think they would really fit in :S

mutated sharks? (for 1) dont fit zone at all, aliens however i could see

3. i think this should be the solo kind of mode, itd be much better, or maybe maximum of 2-4 people and you split the reward at the end of the 'mission'

4. maybe you have to get through a certain amount of monsters (maybe like...125 per person (so if 4 played, you would all have to kill a total of 500 monsters)) and as for reward, how about 100-150 bucks a person? thats not that much, still makes gettin money time consumed, yet you dont return empty handed from doing this. and the key to this prize is, if you get damaged a lot, basically that money goes toward med kits/cookies (WHICH WILL STAY ^^).

like i said in another thread, post all ideas anyway even if you dont think, good ideas may spring about, in all...i like the effort here

added: btw, aliens instead of the 'monsters' u claimed would be a big opinion changer in my view

1.hmmm your right.Still the only laggy thing is the players and we can limit it to 7 players on the map at once!That solves alot since there wont be as much lag and your wont be making money so easily

2.Its a cave.Its pretty dark making it hard to see.Theres a lake,some pink crystals,the orange smoke holes with bridges on top thats from death match might look good.Theres alot of haze(foggy clouds),theres invisable walls that are walls only to players,and other stuff if you want to add them.Jet pack CAN'OT be used in the map so it can solve running from monsters but anyways after 5:00 players are warped out if all the monsters are destroyed(the amount of monsters should be your choice from 16-27)

3.There is no teams.Theres alliances with your irl friends(thats why theres medic class)only the person who knocks its hp to 0 first gets the stuff

4.read #3

your opinions:

1.I mean a warp in drop ships to go to a spar rooms and back.Zone needs a spar also you know(your dont get exp from sparring.)

2.monsters=aliens,mutated beings(its futuristic cuase err mutations),aliens,monsters you decide.and sharks would still exist besides,mutations are futuistic(what do you think gooanader is?toxic wasts!)

3.read #2

4.errr read #2 again =/(to much #2's :rolleyes: )

jkool666
12-21-2005, 10:54 PM
Still easy.
Yeah. Players learn to adapt to different motions if they are being beat. These NPC's will only know one thing and thats to shoot/slash people. Players can learn how to beat them and easily beat them.
*Easy Way* Stand on angles, you can hit them they can't hit you. Plus they are distracted by other players.

icemaster
12-22-2005, 01:27 AM
Yeah. Players learn to adapt to different motions if they are being beat. These NPC's will only know one thing and thats to shoot/slash people. Players can learn how to beat them and easily beat them.
*Easy Way* Stand on angles, you can hit them they can't hit you. Plus they are distracted by other players.

hence, read my solution ^^

icemaster
12-22-2005, 01:32 AM
1.hmmm your right.Still the only laggy thing is the players and we can limit it to 7 players on the map at once!That solves alot since there wont be as much lag and your wont be making money so easily

2.Its a cave.Its pretty dark making it hard to see.Theres a lake,some pink crystals,the orange smoke holes with bridges on top thats from death match might look good.Theres alot of haze(foggy clouds),theres invisable walls that are walls only to players,and other stuff if you want to add them.Jet pack CAN'OT be used in the map so it can solve running from monsters but anyways after 5:00 players are warped out if all the monsters are destroyed(the amount of monsters should be your choice from 16-27)

3.There is no teams.Theres alliances with your irl friends(thats why theres medic class)only the person who knocks its hp to 0 first gets the stuff

4.read #3

your opinions:

1.I mean a warp in drop ships to go to a spar rooms and back.Zone needs a spar also you know(your dont get exp from sparring.)

2.monsters=aliens,mutated beings(its futuristic cuase err mutations),aliens,monsters you decide.and sharks would still exist besides,mutations are futuistic(what do you think gooanader is?toxic wasts!)

3.read #2

4.errr read #2 again =/(to much #2's :rolleyes: )

sorry for the double post lol, but ya i agree with the spars, we definetely need those

i think this (monster planet) should be a seperate kind of thing with teams IF WANTED, hence up to like 4 players, and you can have multiple games of these up at once, so you dont have to wait for some1s game to end...but your not in the same 1, know what i mean? like all the same planets, but you and your team is on your own...

you said no teams, but if people are in it with you, that could end up lamage, trust me, me and jesse lame friends ^^ XD, so funny

anyway back on topic, i like the basic outline, but if you dim it down to some suggestions i think will make it good, i think we go ourselves a new planet

(so i dont get flamed, im not saying MY ideas will make it better, im sayin in my opinion ALONG with others, we could have a keeper here)

the time limit though i do like very much, i didnt think of that

maybe like, 7-8 mins per person in the room, hence 4 people = you have 28-32 mins to kill 500 'monsters' (i rather like aliens though :p)

bbabba
12-23-2005, 03:50 AM
nahh theres 3 species of enemeys

mutants
machines
and alien's.

Ill TRY to make a pink crystal object

Wind_Master
12-23-2005, 04:11 AM
nahh theres 3 species of enemeys

mutants
machines
and alien's.

Ill TRY to make a pink crystal object

Mutants arnt futuristic. Although im not fond of this idea machines and aliens would be fine.

Dreth
12-23-2005, 05:52 AM
I believe somthing needs to drive a mech for it to move.
MECH-anical?

Well, sounds interesting, needs fine tuning, and, well, mutants are futuristic.

Unless you can find proof of an abundance right now.

(No pictures of people I'm related to to prove your point, though)