PDA

View Full Version : Graal Police Rules


StoneColdRichie
03-27-2001, 12:20 AM
...for the next two weeks atleast :)


1.) Pking is not allowed in cities. You want to PK? Fine, just do it out of the city.

2.) You get 2 warnings, then jail. You get jailed for 1 hour. If you give the money back, you get out right away. If you didn't take any money, the sentence is 20 minutes.

3.) Don't attack police, if you attack a member, they can give you 2 warnings, then they can send you to jail for as long as they see fit.

4.) (Events Team) and other admin positions don't get any warnings. They should know better.

5.) If there are any problems, send an email to [email protected]

6.) I have 2 weeks to make (Police) great, one screw up, you're gone. NO WARNINGS

nO1
03-27-2001, 12:32 AM
O also, Game, disable the jailed peoples weapons, and tell the scripters to rescript the jail script, because if you die you can respawn and use weapons again, and its very very annoying :(

grim_squeaker_x
03-27-2001, 12:34 AM
I see The Game has paid good attention to what people on the forums said when he made that rule, well if Graal stays good like this I'll vote for The Game in the next votes.

nO1
03-27-2001, 12:47 AM
That money back rule is a good one.....i like it

TheFox1
03-27-2001, 01:21 AM
Pitty you didnt Jail Lamer for 1 hour when you made the rulez, you jailed him for 20 mins, and i still didnt get my money back!
When i was Chief at least i got the money back to people

03-27-2001, 01:47 AM
excellent rules.

Psyker
03-27-2001, 02:29 AM
those are good rules.

Lycia
03-27-2001, 05:21 AM
I like those rules.

I will keep voting for The Game.

Tyhm
03-27-2001, 05:49 AM
I think the jail should enable weapons, set everyone to a constant 0.5 hearts, and let everyone die frequently! Yay!

Or maybe that can be the Maximum Security Prison floor, in the basement, and the outside yard's just for minor and first-time offenders, THEY'RE protected....^_^

Fai
03-27-2001, 05:51 AM
I think those rules are dumb. PKing should be allowed anywhere, but if a Police sees a person PKing someone who DOESN'T want to be PKed and is trying to get away, then they should be given a WARNING. PKing should also NOT be allowed at things like events.

Lycia
03-27-2001, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
I think the jail should enable weapons, set everyone to a constant 0.5 hearts, and let everyone die frequently! Yay!

Or maybe that can be the Maximum Security Prison floor, in the basement, and the outside yard's just for minor and first-time offenders, THEY'RE protected....^_^

Hehe, excellent idea.

Tyhm
03-27-2001, 06:22 AM
Thanks.

I guess it makes more sense if you've ever been jailed in Babord...the punsihment for killing a NPC is going to the murderer's cell...with some gold baddies...you get out after you've died...
The punishment for stealing is getting locked in with a thief...the punishment for rapping is...well, you get the idea. ^_~

Lycia
03-27-2001, 06:51 AM
Originally posted by Tyhm
Thanks.

I guess it makes more sense if you've ever been jailed in Babord...the punsihment for killing a NPC is going to the murderer's cell...with some gold baddies...you get out after you've died...
The punishment for stealing is getting locked in with a thief...the punishment for rapping is...well, you get the idea. ^_~

Rapping? You get in trouble for rapping?

I feel sorry for Welly and Twitzid. ;-)

thehub
03-27-2001, 07:43 AM
I agree with Fai, those rules are too harsh on PK'ers. If somebody warns me to stop pk'ing somebody I'll stop but I don't think pk'ing should be outlawed in town because that's bullcrap. Also those lockups are a looong time, much too long for a game I'm paying for. I need to run for Police Chief, I'd make rules a little different tho, like if you don't PK 5 people a day you go to jail =) Mwahahaha... Dustin for Police Chief!

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 08:27 AM
It's not so important that the rules be great because everyone will have a different opinion as to what the rules should be. It's more important that the rules be clearly defined and well enforced.

A good job on the first part, Game, let's see if you can do the second. :)

fugitive316
03-27-2001, 09:21 AM
Why is pking even something to argue about? I didnt pay for an account, for some lame pker on a horse to kill me and take the money that took me 3 hours to make. And whats this if someone doesnt want to be PKed, the pkers will stop? WHO WANTS TO GET PKED? I think Pking should be outlawed completely on the Graalmain server.

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:22 AM
PK'ing is ***.

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 09:23 AM
That'd be way bad! PKing is something special to a lot of players! Every good multiplayer game allows pking! I couldn't imagine how boring this game would be if there were no PKs!

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
That'd be way bad! PKing is something special to a lot of players! Every good multiplayer game allows pking! I couldn't imagine how boring this game would be if there were no PKs!

Sorry, but if I wanted to be PK'ed, I'd go to the damned classic server.

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 09:25 AM
If PKs wanted to play the classic server, they wouldn't have wasted their money!

Nobody wants to be PKed, that's the point! It's fun to have something to avoid!

Fai
03-27-2001, 09:27 AM
The stupid thing about the PK rules is...

If I PK "Joe".

Then "Joe" PKs me.

And we are both PKing each other, but NOT hurting other people, we would both get jailed.

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
If PKs wanted to play the classic server, they wouldn't have wasted their money!

Nobody wants to be PKed, that's the point! It's fun to have something to avoid!

Whatever. I just hate getting deaths.

FatherDante
03-27-2001, 09:30 AM
I understand, Fai. Guess you and Joe will just have to do it in private outside town. But that's a real hassle, isn't it?

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:31 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
I understand, Fai. Guess you and Joe will just have to do it in private outside town. But that's a real hassle, isn't it?

Haha, yeah. Everyone will huddle in the cities. ^_^

fugitive316
03-27-2001, 09:38 AM
Originally posted by FatherDante
That'd be way bad! PKing is something special to a lot of players! Every good multiplayer game allows pking! I couldn't imagine how boring this game would be if there were no PKs!

Fine you go out and spend hours making money, then wander around without a goldname. Get Pked and then post about how pking is "special".

Fai
03-27-2001, 09:39 AM
WELL IF YOU DON'T HAVE A GOLD NAME THEN YOU HAD PKED SOMEONE AND DESERVE IT

fugitive316
03-27-2001, 09:50 AM
When you first start on Newmain, your AP is at 50. I have been on newmain for 8 hours and still do not have a goldname. So i deserve to be killed for doing nothing wrong?

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by fugitive316
When you first start on Newmain, your AP is at 50. I have been on newmain for 8 hours and still do not have a goldname. So i deserve to be killed for doing nothing wrong?

It takes roughly 13 hours to attain a gold name.

Zulithe
03-27-2001, 09:52 AM
When your too busy to play Graal, just so set your character somewhere where he will be safe and leave Graal running while you are AFK. (might want to pause it too) You're character will quickly reach Gold status that way.

Lycia
03-27-2001, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Zulithe
When your too busy to play Graal, just so set your character somewhere where he will be safe and leave Graal running while you are AFK. (might want to pause it too) You're character will quickly reach Gold status that way.

You'll get disconnected for lack of activity. =\

Zulithe
03-27-2001, 09:56 AM
Well yes that is true, but if you just move your character around every 10 mins or so just a little you'll be fine. Of course you can't leave it 100% unattended for long or you're right you will be disconnected.

Lomgren
03-28-2001, 01:18 AM
I found out something interesting the other day on CGM, if you die and just sit there, your ap will still go up. So I think the "safest" way to gain AP is to be killed, and then just lie there, not doing anything. :D

Yamizitzu
03-28-2001, 08:40 PM
i like these rules