PDA

View Full Version : Pistol Strafing :/

SayianOozaru
11-24-2005, 07:07 AM
We should make strafing only possible if your using a rifle, or a chaingun (or something of that sort). Pistols are to fast and strong to just press shift and lame someone walking towards you/while you walk backwards. Believe me some noob was strafing with apps against me, he won, so i come back and strafed back against him, and the fight lasted maybe 10 sec. x.x I was using Red Pistols (i won) and i'm not to good at strafing (i barely ever strafe...the only time i would strafe is if i were in this type of situation). Or maybe we could make strafing make you slower (Say your a commando, and the commando speed is like 2.0 (using from gk,not sure what it is) but when u strafe your speed falls to 1.5, and lets say your gun normally has a .65 sec freeze time, while strafing it would go to like .93) Remember this is only for strafing while using pistols. Post what ya think :)

MisterMastermind
11-24-2005, 07:14 AM
Sounds good to me. Gambet won't like this too much. To blazes with him I say!

SayianOozaru
11-24-2005, 07:16 AM
lol, ya i guess he won't :(

DrDrizzle
11-24-2005, 08:34 AM
i agree it can elimiate strafing using pistols and not for rifles

FreakyQueen
11-24-2005, 08:51 AM
/agreed.
i think for blue/red rifles too.. but thats another topic. remove strafing for pistols.

bahamutstevetff
11-24-2005, 09:17 AM
BR/RR would be tottaly useless without strafe.

SayianOozaru
11-24-2005, 09:18 AM
not true, like i said i don't strafe good, and i pwn with rr (i fight like i'm using apps XP ask edge xD)

BrAwLeR
11-24-2005, 03:04 PM
(i fight like i'm using apps XP)

I do the same, I seem to get a better result using this rather than strafing, then again, I am a lowsy strafer.

bahamutstevetff
11-24-2005, 05:37 PM
i play better strafing with rifles,but i hardly ever use br and the rr is just pathetic. i use LR and can use it with or W/O strafe

Wind_Master
11-24-2005, 07:31 PM
Strafeing is newbish altogether.Red rifel+strafeing=lameness.

Huwajux
11-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Strafing is fine. It's "Old Skool". Nothing wrong with it. It is a misunderstanding. Different people have different perceptions on it. Imagine playing a FPS without strafing? E.G Goldeneye.

Wind_Master
11-24-2005, 07:37 PM
Strafing is fine. It's "Old Skool". Nothing wrong with it. It is a misunderstanding. Different people have different perceptions on it. Imagine playing a FPS without strafing? E.G Goldeneye.

LMAO!!! FPS!!! I saw a video with a guy getting mad when he died on that game. Funny as hell.

Anyway, it is Old School but alot of people hate it.

Huwajux
11-24-2005, 07:38 PM
Anyway, it is Old School but alot of people hate it.
Then tough luck. People aren't going to change the way they have fun so other people can keep their death count down.

Wind_Master
11-24-2005, 07:42 PM
Then tough luck. People aren't going to change the way they have fun so other people can keep their death count down.

Ya but some people who use rifels and starfe think their all good. Jo did that when I hated him. He still lost but the point is just its cheap.

~Happy Thanksgiving~

Huwajux
11-24-2005, 07:50 PM
Ya but some people who use rifels and starfe think their all good. Jo did that when I hated him. He still lost but the point is just its cheap.

~Happy Thanksgiving~
You would really take notice of someone trying to get to you? Who cares? It is only a game.
~Happy Thanksgiving~ (Even though I'm in England)

Wind_Master
11-24-2005, 07:51 PM
You would really take notice of someone trying to get to you? Who cares? It is only a game.
~Happy Thanksgiving~ (Even though I'm in England)

Ya, its just some people are unbeatable with strafeing. RealDDC is amazing when he strafes with irpulsar.

jkool666
11-24-2005, 08:34 PM
Yeah I agree. Its honeslty not possible to kill a smart person who is strafing with pistols. Notice how I say smart person... On Deathmatch if they are walking back constantly you can't hit them but you run towards their shots. I've mentioned this a number of times... NO ONE can walk backwards as fast as they run forwards. Make a speed decrease if you are strafing...

SayianOozaru
11-24-2005, 09:31 PM
that's what i said x.x

Wind_Master
11-24-2005, 09:44 PM
Make a speed decrease if you are strafing...

Ya, I agree.

DrDrizzle
11-24-2005, 11:00 PM
i guess.....x.x

skyler87
11-25-2005, 12:18 AM
Yeah I agree. Its honeslty not possible to kill a smart person who is strafing with pistols. Notice how I say smart person... On Deathmatch if they are walking back constantly you can't hit them but you run towards their shots. I've mentioned this a number of times... NO ONE can walk backwards as fast as they run forwards. Make a speed decrease if you are strafing...
I've noticed that that's the exact strategy that people like ixi or that "dennissomething" noob use on me EVERY TIME I actually die. They pick a lame gun like LRPulsar or Crossbow with long reach and fast bullet speed, and strafe towards me shooting so that I have to either move away or move foward (right into their line of shots). However, if I DO start moving foward and shooting at them, they'll run away like they're scared, while strafing backwards shooting at me so that they're out of reach of my bullets, yet I've got a good chance of running right into theirs. I noticed this when I first started playing Zone and dubbed it the "***** tactic" ; it's as though they can't make up their minds on whether or not they actually want to fight. You chase them, they run like cowards while trying to shoot at you. You try running from them, they desperately chase you shooting lines of bullets. That little tactic is exactly why I rarely play DM. It doesn't work in other planets where you can corner opponents and they can't run and actually HAVE to fight.
NO ONE can walk backwards as fast as they run forwards. Make a speed decrease if you are strafing...
People toting huge rifles or giant lazor guns wouldn't generally be able to outrun someone using a handgun either, but this IS a game...>.>

Codein
11-25-2005, 12:36 AM
That'd be closing possiblities for new tactics. Strafing with all weapons should be allowed.

SayianOozaru
11-25-2005, 12:51 AM
i think we've agreed that strafing should make the person slower...they keep the same speed right now x.x

Wind_Master
11-25-2005, 12:59 AM
i think we've agreed that strafing should make the person slower...they keep the same speed right now x.x

Ya. I agree.

jkool666
11-25-2005, 03:10 AM
Well unless your running forward. Then you do move at the same speed I would think.

SayianOozaru
11-25-2005, 03:30 AM
???O_o???

Codein
11-25-2005, 10:17 AM
Aye, strafing at a slower speed is a good idea.

Crono
11-25-2005, 10:21 AM
Seriously, stop ****ing complaining about strafing. It's part of the god damn game, GET OVER IT PEOPLE. If you can't deal with it then shut up and go cry in your room. I'm so sick and tired of people *****ing about pistol strafing that it's not even funny anymore.

There's nothing wrong with strafing with pistols. As I said before, It's like taking away "A" and "D" on CS (strafing) and making people use the arrows. I swear if someone starts *****ing about pistol strafing again...

Excuse all my cursing, I've had to hold it in for quite some time now and it's not like you can see through the stars ;)

xAndrewx
11-25-2005, 10:48 AM
Zone was based on Era, without the strafe it wouldn't be fun. Don't complain when you die.

bahamutstevetff
11-25-2005, 05:35 PM
ya i wanan keep strafe, so i can use my pulsar

jkool666
11-25-2005, 05:55 PM
Zone was based on Era, without the strafe it wouldn't be fun. Don't complain when you die.
Actually no one is complained about when we die... We're complaining about strafing. Myself I guess its not a HUGE deal. But mind you this is all in different peoples perspectives. People who strafe with pistols will want to keep it. People who don't will want to get rid of it.

DrDrizzle
11-25-2005, 07:07 PM
SO ****ING TRUE....Other ppls perspective. ^^

Wind_Master
11-25-2005, 07:25 PM
Actually no one is complained about when we die... We're complaining about strafing. Myself I guess its not a HUGE deal. But mind you this is all in different peoples perspectives. People who strafe with pistols will want to keep it. People who don't will want to get rid of it.

I think strafing with rifels should make you slower. Some weapons (red rifel,irpulsar and blue rifel) are just too cheap when you strafe with them.

Raeiphon
11-27-2005, 04:23 AM
Okay, let me vent this.

What, in any possible circumstance could stop you from strafing while holding pistols? I dont get it. Breaking your legs would. Think about it, pistols are lighter than rifles. Therefore strafing should be faster on them. Rifles, are heavy, and have a recoil when you shoot them. Longer freeze times, anyone?

But I dont see what can make you inept to side-step in a game. Era amuses and infuriates me with this blatant show of lazyness.

I curse thee, foul wench! *throws a rock at Era*

Okay, I'm done.

Wind_Master
11-27-2005, 05:37 AM
Okay, let me vent this.

What, in any possible circumstance could stop you from strafing while holding pistols? I dont get it. Breaking your legs would. Think about it, pistols are lighter than rifles. Therefore strafing should be faster on them. Rifles, are heavy, and have a recoil when you shoot them.

You should go slower while strafeing with rifels.

bahamutstevetff
11-27-2005, 08:07 AM
You should go slower while strafeing with rifels.

No you shouldn't, Rifle strafe only appears lame when a skilled person such as myself or dennis uses it!

MisterMastermind
11-27-2005, 08:17 AM
No you shouldn't, Rifle strafe only appears lame when a skilled person such as myself(IXI) or dennis uses it!
3 words that never should go together. (jp mate =P)

bahamutstevetff
11-27-2005, 08:39 AM
Since you are implying of my lack of skill, i beleive you (for lack of a better word) suck!

SayianOozaru
11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
sadly...dennis decided to quit today, because jar turned on him :(

bahamutstevetff
11-27-2005, 08:46 AM
The guy played to much for a 23 year old.

SayianOozaru
11-27-2005, 08:48 AM
he was barely ever on :(

bahamutstevetff
11-27-2005, 08:52 AM
He was on a hell of a lot when i saw him.

Huwajux
11-27-2005, 11:17 AM
This thread is going no-where. Please close it.

Wind_Master
11-27-2005, 06:52 PM
No you shouldn't, Rifle strafe only appears lame when a skilled person such as myself or dennis uses it!

Rifles are lame while strafeing end of disscussion. If dennis can admit that than why cant you?

bahamutstevetff
11-27-2005, 07:30 PM
Not as lame as piltols, you must admit that.

Wind_Master
11-27-2005, 09:52 PM
Not as lame as piltols, you must admit that.

I cant. Since it is not true.

jkool666
11-28-2005, 02:06 AM
I cant. Since it is not true.
Actually I agree. Pistols arn't as lame as Redrifle is wile strafing. But lets not argue over whats *lamer* then what. The fact is that their both unbalanced and making you slower would solve the problem.

Wind_Master
11-28-2005, 02:17 AM
Actually I agree. Pistols arn't as lame as Redrifle is wile strafing. But lets not argue over whats *lamer* then what. The fact is that their both unbalanced and making you slower would solve the problem.

Ya, I agree.

Shadox
11-30-2005, 03:19 AM
creating a slower walking speed would help for a certain amount of time, but you need to remember, these people will adapt to it eventually, and find away around it to make it even easier to kill you......this is the best idea out there, but remember this flaw

MisterMastermind
11-30-2005, 03:54 AM
I say you make strafing slower but not like half speed or stuff like that, just enough you can run away from strafers if you're same class. I personally think Pistole and Rifle are as "lame" as each other. Pistoles have more spread but rifles can go in a straight line and pin someone with superior speed.

Shadox
11-30-2005, 04:03 AM
I say you make strafing slower but not like half speed or stuff like that, just enough you can run away from strafers if you're same class. I personally think Pistole and Rifle are as "lame" as each other. Pistoles have more spread but rifles can go in a straight line and pin someone with superior speed.
I agree completely with the above statement except one thing
It's spelled Pistol, withoute the letter "e", otherwise you sound mexican

MisterMastermind
11-30-2005, 04:59 AM
Well it seems all staff are british or Euro so I'm trying to cover up my American style and spell like a Euro! (Shave you hairy freaks!)

Wind_Master
11-30-2005, 05:40 AM
Well it seems all staff are british or Euro so I'm trying to cover up my American style and spell like a Euro! (Shave you hairy freaks!)

lmao, ya same. I dont wanna get jumped by a bunch of UK or French people.

bahamutstevetff
11-30-2005, 07:30 AM
Pistol is spelt pistol in UK. Ive only seen it with an "E" here!

Huwajux
11-30-2005, 06:51 PM
Stefan made it "Pistole" I think. (Lose some weight you enormous freaks!)

bahamutstevetff
11-30-2005, 10:19 PM
LOL!!! Yanks need to learn the meaning of the word "treadmill"

Wind_Master
11-30-2005, 11:01 PM
LOL!!! Yanks need to learn the meaning of the word "treadmill"

I would use a treadmill but im thin enough as it is. ;)

bahamutstevetff
11-30-2005, 11:12 PM
:O, your always eating tho!!! Your like, brb eating. YOU HAD ONION ICECREAM FFS >:0

Wind_Master
11-30-2005, 11:17 PM
:O, your always eating tho!!! Your like, brb eating. YOU HAD ONION ICECREAM FFS >:0

lol, shhh. Its a nightmare! Hopefully wont happen again.

Ya, I do eat alot. Dont know why im thin as hell though :frown:

bahamutstevetff
11-30-2005, 11:21 PM
I eat not much and im starting to pile on weight :'(. I will lost it before i get **** tho.

Wind_Master
11-30-2005, 11:25 PM
I eat not much and im starting to pile on weight :'(. I will lost it before i get **** tho.

LMAO! Good luck lol. I lose weight when I eat. Lost 10 lbs in 2 months and ate my ass off. Damn my stomach!!!

bahamutstevetff
11-30-2005, 11:30 PM
Eww, you ate your ass. Yea well, i put on LBs from dieting:)

Dreth
12-01-2005, 03:49 AM
One: I hate strafing and strafers. Being an oldbie back before strafing was around made me loathe strafing, so to all of you who like it, don't criticize me if you weren't around before it came out. Two: It was more fun when it was hard to be good at zone. Nowadays, anyone who knows how to strafe with anything can be good. FYI, zone ain't fun anymore, because there is no talent needed to be good. Criticize my oppinion all you want, I could care less. But that's my oppinion, you can read this post, and think what you want, but don't start flaming just because I either A.) Verbally owned you sometime in the past or B.) You just hate me.

Wind_Master
12-01-2005, 03:54 AM
It was more fun when it was hard to be good at zone. Nowadays, anyone who knows how to strafe with anything can be good. FYI, zone ain't fun anymore, because there is no talent needed to be good.

I agree, any newb can be good.Doesnt make sense to me. Zone has gotten boring and ****ty lately in my oponion.

icemaster
12-01-2005, 03:59 AM
One: I hate strafing and strafers. Being an oldbie back before strafing was around made me loathe strafing, so to all of you who like it, don't criticize me if you weren't around before it came out. Two: It was more fun when it was hard to be good at zone. Nowadays, anyone who knows how to strafe with anything can be good. FYI, zone ain't fun anymore, because there is no talent needed to be good. Criticize my oppinion all you want, I could care less. But that's my oppinion, you can read this post, and think what you want, but don't start flaming just because I either A.) Verbally owned you sometime in the past or B.) You just hate me.

well...i wasnt around back wen u played lol, but it was the same wen i played about a yr ago...no strafing back then...*notes that fact that no1 ever got mad back then*...hmm...i bet strafin was a big cause in this :)...... .... .... x_x

i shouldnt say never got mad...but it was extremely rare..atleast wen i played

Dreth
12-01-2005, 04:03 AM
I seem to remember you shouting quite frequently: "STRAFERS!!!!" everytime you died.... so you say you never get angry? lol, that was one of the things I found funny in you. I mention strafing and you blow up.

icemaster
12-01-2005, 04:07 AM
I seem to remember you shouting quite frequently: "STRAFERS!!!!" everytime you died.... so you say you never get angry? lol, that was one of the things I found funny in you. I mention strafing and you blow up.

XD, nah i always played like that...id admit id get annoyed, but anger really isnt apart of me :S

but in all out seriousness, b4 strafin, no1 really got mad...good ol days

jkool666
12-01-2005, 04:10 AM
The fact that Touya had spared Silos/Stormy and didn't complain about constant strafing (not dissing their tactics) shows that Touya didn't always complain about strafing. Not to mention I don't recall outbursts made by him about strafing and me and him always hung out together wile on zone.

Wind_Master
12-01-2005, 04:19 AM
1. Dont strafe
2. Dont run
3. Dont base-lame (mortars plasma sabre..etc)
4. Dont Team
5. DONT USE MINES (YOU DAMN NEWBS) !pissed!

Thank you for your time. ^^

bahamutstevetff
12-01-2005, 06:54 AM
I will never stop strafing or base laming. I hate teamage and running, so ya!

Damix2
12-01-2005, 07:07 AM
1. Dont strafe

5. DONT USE MINES (YOU DAMN NEWBS) !pissed!

Thank you for your time. ^^

Just don't use the mechanics of the game, thats real smart.

Admins
12-01-2005, 03:43 PM
Hmmm it could be possible to slow down backwards walking a little bit

bahamutstevetff
12-01-2005, 05:31 PM
NO!!! never slow it down, rifles will become useless!

Huwajux
12-01-2005, 07:06 PM
FYI, zone ain't fun anymore, because there is no talent needed to be good. Criticize my oppinion all you want, I could care less. But that's my oppinion, you can read this post, and think what you want, but don't start flaming just because I either A.) Verbally owned you sometime in the past or B.) You just hate me.
Stop trying to start a fight please.

jkool666
12-01-2005, 10:24 PM
NO!!! never slow it down, rifles will become useless!
I disagree. My evidence behind my statement is RealDDC. He proves that its possible to beat pistols wile using non strafing tactics with a rifle.

Wind_Master
12-01-2005, 10:35 PM
Just don't use the mechanics of the game, thats real smart.

Strafing and using mines is newbish.

icemaster
12-01-2005, 10:54 PM
I disagree. My evidence behind my statement is RealDDC. He proves that its possible to beat pistols wile using non strafing tactics with a rifle.

holy crap was real good with that lr pulsar :S
damn...lol

Huwajux
12-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Define newbish. It depends of a person's point of view. Mines and strafing are fine.

bahamutstevetff
12-01-2005, 10:59 PM
Mines are just annoying.

Wind_Master
12-02-2005, 01:29 AM
Define newbish. It depends of a person's point of view. Mines and strafing are fine.

Well I feel that the use of mines is tottaly based on few things.

1.They cant kill anyone so they use mines.
2.They want a high bounty so they use mines.
3.They want to get people mad.

Mines are annoying.

Damix2
12-02-2005, 01:39 AM

Or not? They can kill you that way and not be using a bug/glitch, then guess what? They are better then you. If your mad at them, gues what again? THEY ARE THERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE.

Wind_Master
12-02-2005, 01:41 AM
Or not? They can kill you that way and not be using a bug/glitch, then guess what? They are better then you. If your mad at them, gues what again? THEY ARE THERE FOR EVERYONE TO USE.

Mines are for newbs who cant kill people using regular weapons.

Sulukra
12-02-2005, 01:56 AM

No, they aren't. They're for anyone who wishes to use them. Mines play an important part of what little strategy there is on Zone. Thats also like saying that guns like the blue and red rifle are for P2Ps who can't kill trials using other guns. I've used mines before. I found it fun. Why shouldn't I use mines, because you think that I'm a noob? No, because you can't dodge the mines that the noobs lay. Yes, they should blink or be visible.

EDIT FOR WIND_MASTER:So? Let them have their fun. Mines are a good addition to Zone. They're fun, good, balanced, and handy in general. Mine glitching does yes, need to be fixed, but other then that, I'd say mines are one of the best weapons on Zone.

Wind_Master
12-02-2005, 02:00 AM
No, they aren't. They're for anyone who wishes to use them. Mines play an important part of what little strategy there is on Zone. Thats also like saying that guns like the blue and red rifle are for P2Ps who can't kill trials using other guns. I've used mines before. I found it fun. Why shouldn't I use mines, because you think that I'm a noob? No, because you can't dodge the mines that the noobs lay. Yes, they should blink or be visible.

The last sentence was true. I will walk and just blow up. Its newbish, than when I say lol they gotta use mines to kill me and than they think their all good. Mines are annoying.

jkool666
12-02-2005, 03:55 AM
Mines themselves arn't noobish. The way people use them is. *Example* Four mines on one area is an instant kill. And if that player is also using the infident mine glitch then its extremely cheap. If they put one mine per area it isn't as bad. You can walk and throw pipes wile your friend guards you from anyone else around. But yes as it is now mines are noobish no way around that. They need to be balanced maybe six mines to full kill a player. So thats still about 16 hp each.

icemaster
12-02-2005, 05:21 AM
*notes this for a second time*

u all realize that if mines were placed and a little bump to show they were placed (not enough to be OBVIOUS so theyr useless but not enough to be completely invisible) then no1 could get mad?

i think we need a bump in the area (like real life) to show they are planted

bahamutstevetff
12-02-2005, 06:51 AM
I agree with jin on this matter, mines are annoying, and need to be modified/taken out!

Wind_Master
12-02-2005, 06:54 AM
I agree with jin on this matter, mines are annoying, and need to be modified/taken out!

Ya they do. I wouldnt say taken out but modified GREATLY!

Shadox
12-02-2005, 05:56 PM
Four mines on one area is an instant kill.
really? im sure it took only 3....thats what I used when I was bored, and got plenty off of 3....anywho mines should just be made visible, otherwise there is nothing wrong with them.....or perhaps give all classes the mine detector item?

jkool666
12-02-2005, 08:16 PM
really? im sure it took only 3....thats what I used when I was bored, and got plenty off of 3....anywho mines should just be made visible, otherwise there is nothing wrong with them.....or perhaps give all classes the mine detector item?
3 on a trial player. 4 on a p2p player.

Wind_Master
12-02-2005, 11:41 PM

All classes should have a mine detector.

Dreth
12-03-2005, 01:02 AM
The fact that Touya had spared Silos/Stormy and didn't complain about constant strafing (not dissing their tactics) shows that Touya didn't always complain about strafing. Not to mention I don't recall outbursts made by him about strafing and me and him always hung out together wile on zone.
I could care less what you saw, I remember touya as always hating strafers. When I told him on msn I strafed once he said "*slaps*". and darky, I'm not trying to start a fight, I was trying to prevent one. now all of you leave meh alone or I might get angry =)

Wind_Master
12-03-2005, 01:09 AM
I could care less what you saw, I remember touya as always hating strafers. When I told him on msn I strafed once he said "*slaps*". and darky, I'm not trying to start a fight, I was trying to prevent one. now all of you leave meh alone or I might get angry =)

Ya dont get kds mad! He lives by Storm and Storm is bout due for a snack right about now.

Damix2
12-03-2005, 07:39 AM

Mines are part of the game, deal with it and stop complaining.

bahamutstevetff
12-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Mines are annoying weapons for noobs who cant fight, deal with it!

VulcanP2P
12-03-2005, 03:22 PM
This has turned in to a thread to just complain and argue. Thread Closed.