PDA

View Full Version : so i got on zone the other day..

FreakyQueen
11-19-2005, 09:20 AM
to see how it was, if any different.
seems like players move slower, i think i like that.
i honestly couldnt tell though, in the deathmatch i could dodge bullets perfectly as long as i didnt shoot, and in ilricia some *******s were baselaming spawnkilling..
guys, i think something needs to be done about spawnkilling. so many players are using it to get kills when it does not show skill. bases should have defense or something.. geez. it was terrible. and with a medic up there, they could just heal. i got a few with a shotgun. it was still lame.
someone do something about this

SayianOozaru
11-19-2005, 09:38 AM
What do you want them to do about it? Everyone base Lames, inculding me (when not to many players are on the map, or i get bored) It's just a faster way of fighting (when i base lame, i stand at the edge of the base, and let the player(s) get prepared...unlike others who kill you when they see the beam shoot down) But i agree with you, that laming has been getting worse...

Bl0nkt
11-19-2005, 05:57 PM
Ohn0ez R Teh B End Of Wurlldd

DrDrizzle
11-19-2005, 06:00 PM
No offense but how do u except to stop it.....and i do base lame when im bored like sayain just said.....>_< or if ur p2p use ur jetpack ffs....unless u dont have one >_<

MisterMastermind
11-19-2005, 06:01 PM
I do the same thing sayian does, i stand around the edge and let them get out or run back to dropship so it's not completely unfair, unless I'm mortar lamign which i dont do often =P, I think bases should have an automated defense, maybe liek a protection shield on the spawning part of the base so you can't be hurt there with anything. This is a biggest problem with mortars and rifles such as the Bluerifle and the Redrifle and the lrPulsar

jkool666
11-19-2005, 06:03 PM
I do the same thing sayian does, i stand around the edge and let them get out or run back to dropship so it's not completely unfair, unless I'm mortar lamign which i dont do often =P, I think bases should have an automated defense, maybe liek a protection shield on the spawning part of the base so you can't be hurt there with anything. This is a biggest problem with mortars and rifles such as the Bluerifle and the Redrifle and the lrPulsar
You missed Shotgun/G18 (*tear* G18 my babies but they are to cheap for spawn killing *tear*)

Admins
11-19-2005, 06:06 PM
Automatically shooting turrets?
Also grenades and pipebombs should be able to pass doors i guess, to kill/hurt people standing close to the inside/outside ?

icemaster
11-19-2005, 07:07 PM
i like the sound of that stefan, i like it a lotttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

SayianOozaru
11-19-2005, 08:12 PM
Also grenades and pipebombs should be able to pass doors i guess, to kill/hurt people standing close to the inside/outside ?

So Stefan is alive ;) (been awhile since i've seen you post). I love the idea of being able to toss a grenade threw a door, at your opponent :D Maybe make the Auto Turrets have HP? (Once all of there HP is gone, They'd restore themselves after like 2 or 3 min) Because when i want to build a bounty, and i've run out of meds and a large group is chasing me, i go to the nearest base so i can get to the dropship without losing my bounty. But i like the ideas :)

Wind_Master
11-19-2005, 08:49 PM

Would'nt this just cause more laming that everone seems to be complaining about?

anubis_wing
11-19-2005, 11:26 PM
I think S.T.E.F.A.N is a Massive super computer. S.T.E.F.A.N is like a code and Vulcan runs it all. So when you don't get a response it's because Vulcan is too lazy to turn it on.

Wind_Master
11-20-2005, 01:48 AM
I think S.T.E.F.A.N is a Massive super computer. S.T.E.F.A.N is like a code and Vulcan runs it all. So when you don't get a response it's because Vulcan is too lazy to turn it on.

Are you ok?

bahamutstevetff
11-20-2005, 07:45 AM
i think anubis has gone loopy.

FreakyQueen
11-20-2005, 08:47 AM
i suggested the base defenses months ago. but no one listened. yes! put defenses in! auto turrets that make it almost impossible to kill people around their base. they should be able to run out and fight.
shotguns can be good.. but even then, you still get lamed :/. turrets = the best. shoot FAST bullets so no one will come close to enemy base.

Wind_Master
11-20-2005, 09:22 AM
Cant we just put a rest to all these crazy ideas?

Huwajux
11-20-2005, 10:43 AM
Level linking building sites to the outside area would really help Zone a lot.
Would'nt this just cause more laming that everone seems to be complaining about?
Why?

MisterMastermind
11-21-2005, 02:58 PM
Yeah that might stop people from door laming which has really picked up now that jetpacks can't fly around in the bases from energy gained outside.
Auto turrets would be a fun way to stop some base laming, I'm just glad you didn't make it so when you use jetpack in the portal/team selecter device that you automatically appear on the ground if you jetpacked in.

skyler87
11-21-2005, 10:08 PM
Or a simpler solution that will end this problem, make an invulnerability time like when you first log on to graal kingdoms. Make someone who spawns at a base invincible for like 5 seconds just to at least give them enough time to load the screen on their computer. Everytime I go to Iricia, people like Drizzle and bahamutsnciestevedsoiuc8ualkj and that one trial noob will be standing there throwing pipebombs at the spawn points or just blasting away. All I'd really need would be a second to get a gun out, but that's not even possible.

icemaster
11-22-2005, 12:30 AM
Or a simpler solution that will end this problem, make an invulnerability time like when you first log on to graal kingdoms. Make someone who spawns at a base invincible for like 5 seconds just to at least give them enough time to load the screen on their computer. Everytime I go to Iricia, people like Drizzle and bahamutsnciestevedsoiuc8ualkj and that one trial noob will be standing there throwing pipebombs at the spawn points or just blasting away. All I'd really need would be a second to get a gun out, but that's not even possible.

BAMMMMMMM, he just solved it friends ^^

5 seconds might b a little long tho...maybe like 3.5-4

Admins
11-22-2005, 01:41 AM

You can already equip it before warping, but I think it might be good to add 5 seconds protection, and its not that hard to do.

Update: added a 3 seconds protection after warping

MisterMastermind
11-22-2005, 03:02 AM
I've talked to you in game about this but you might forget seeing as how you have so much on you're mind. When something creates and explosion on, or very near, a ladder is stops you from going all the way down, or stops you from going down at all. These mortars would hold them for 3 seconds then kill them on the ladder down from the base (large problem with Sweep_Fleet base), and truthfully... 25-50% of all "laming" on zone occurs with mortars.

bahamutstevetff
11-22-2005, 07:16 AM
oh no, this will ruin zone.

skyler87
11-22-2005, 08:43 AM
You can already equip it before warping, but I think it might be good to add 5 seconds protection, and its not that hard to do.

I know about equiping and whatnot, but the 3 sec protection is still a good idea since it takes a second to load, and sometimes equipping and then entering another gmap can unequip you automatically >.>

Thank you :)

skyler87
11-22-2005, 09:39 AM
I've talked to you in game about this but you might forget seeing as how you have so much on you're mind. When something creates and explosion on, or very near, a ladder is stops you from going all the way down, or stops you from going down at all. These mortars would hold them for 3 seconds then kill them on the ladder down from the base (large problem with Sweep_Fleet base), and truthfully... 25-50% of all "laming" on zone occurs with mortars.

But with 3 seconds, the person either has time to shoot the mortar user, or get out of their way...problem solved. Not as much mortar laming happens as could happen, considering you get very little ammo for it, and most people doing it are on trial accounts anyway. IMO, mortars are fine; They seem to be being used in the way they were meant to be.

oh no, this will ruin zone.
Anything that prevents unfairness seems to ruin the game for you.

MisterMastermind
11-22-2005, 03:06 PM
But with 3 seconds, the person either has time to shoot the mortar user, or get out of their way...problem solved. Well they it takes about 3 second to equip and get over to the side. Not as much mortar laming happens as could happen, considering you get very little ammo for it, You can buy ammo upgrades, I have 1,000 seeing as its very useful on KOTH and most people doing it are on trial accounts anyway. IMO, mortars are fine; They seem to be being used in the way they were meant to be.
Anything that prevents unfairness seems to ruin the game for you.
Who are you to talk about this kind of stuff seeing as you got on at about 2 A.M. and proxied alpha for top spot on bounty list instead of actually killing people face to face?

skyler87
11-22-2005, 09:43 PM
Well they it takes about 3 second to equip and get over to the side.
...exactly?
You can buy ammo upgrades, I have 1,000 seeing as its very useful on KOTH

But it's very expensive, and these "lamers" are usually trial accounts and don't have that kind of money on Zone.
Who are you to talk about this kind of stuff seeing as you got on at about 2 A.M. and proxied alpha for top spot on bounty list instead of actually killing people face to face?
Actually, I didn't proxy alpha, I owned with a mech on Zone Wars and ran off and hid in alpha when too many people started going to Zone Wars ^^
As for getting bounty, all you people do is sit around in deathmatch talking to all your friends after you team everyone else, so your bounty gets up from you just sitting around. In the time it took Ixi to get 700 bounty on DM last night, I would've had twice that much in that amount of time playing Zone Wars. Who seems like the person not "killing people face to face" in that situation?

jkool666
11-22-2005, 10:53 PM
...exactly?

But it's very expensive, and these "lamers" are usually trial accounts and don't have that kind of money on Zone.

Actually, I didn't proxy alpha, I owned with a mech on Zone Wars and ran off and hid in alpha when too many people started going to Zone Wars ^^
As for getting bounty, all you people do is sit around in deathmatch talking to all your friends after you team everyone else, so your bounty gets up from you just sitting around. In the time it took Ixi to get 700 bounty on DM last night, I would've had twice that much in that amount of time playing Zone Wars. Who seems like the person not "killing people face to face" in that situation?
Trials don't normally use it actually. Its normally P2P players. Demon Slayer kinda originated it... Also ixi got his bounty fair and square I'm questioning why you brought him into the converstation when it was you and mastermind arguing.

bahamutstevetff
11-22-2005, 11:46 PM
this noob thinks were sad because we have friends on zone when he can sit for hours and hours lettong hios bounty rise, when i came to zonewars and came after you, you ran away in a speeder tehn logged out. *****

icemaster
11-23-2005, 01:23 AM
2 things, 1...i thought this was abut mines :S

and 2...heres an easy solution, make it so u cant shoot wen invulnerable

Wind_Master
11-23-2005, 02:19 AM
...exactly?

Owned with a mech? Mechs are lame as hell. Try to kill skilled people such as Jkool,Touya,Darky, and ixi (if I forgot anyone sorry). You wont win against talented players.

bahamutstevetff
11-23-2005, 08:05 AM
on zone wars, it is impossible to play "fair".

skyler87
11-23-2005, 08:24 AM
Also ixi got his bounty fair and square I'm questioning why you brought him into the converstation when it was you and mastermind arguing.
That drastically depends on your definition of "fair and square". I was merely using him as an example.
Owned with a mech? Mechs are lame as hell. Try to kill skilled people such as Jkool,Touya,Darky, and ixi (if I forgot anyone sorry). You wont win against talented players.
I was trying to raise my bounty, not prove a point. Every time I kill a "skilled" player, a gang of them ends up coming after me, I don't see that as a very good strategy when I'm trying to avoid dying just once.

bahamutstevetff
11-23-2005, 08:28 AM
Fair and square is me going into the deathmatch the day after i got my red pistlols and owning untill my bounty reached 1000 at witch point i switched to the pulsar.

icemaster
11-23-2005, 03:18 PM
maybe.......the bounty should stop going up from time after like....200 or something?

so you HAVE to earn your bounty...

even though i know ixi did it fairly :P

bahamutstevetff
11-23-2005, 08:38 PM
it should stop at 500 :).

skyler87
11-23-2005, 08:46 PM
it should stop at 500 :).
Be fine with me.

Dreth
11-23-2005, 10:46 PM
You forgot kds, jin >=O

Wind_Master
11-23-2005, 11:09 PM
You forgot kds, jin >=O

My bad. Sorry....Im stupid Im stupid.

Dreth
11-23-2005, 11:14 PM
XD no worries

BrAwLeR
11-24-2005, 04:01 PM
*cough* Hey *cough*. 500 Bounty limit sounds good. Thanks for the 3 second protection, Stefan. When i go to "Base lame" I stand at the speeder's and wait for people to come to me, this way it gives them a chance to equip weapons.

bahamutstevetff
11-24-2005, 05:44 PM
i forgot about the protection, i was base laming in ZW without noticing it for ages this morning.