PDA

View Full Version : emitter autorotation help

prozac424242
11-15-2005, 12:15 AM
Ok, i found something else that is clearly explained and should work just fine but no matter what i do, again, it will not work for me.

I checked with the wiki on making a particle effect rotate,
and I have working particles, but neither of these make the particles spin around:

emitter.autorotation=1;
emitter.autorotation=true;
emitter.particle.autorotation=1;
emitter.particle.autorotation=true;

i tried them one at a time after the other emitter.attributes had been decalred and i got no spinning. please help ... i have had so much trouble with the scripting changes, that i think gs2 officially dosent like me ...

MysticX2X
11-15-2005, 12:22 AM
wasnt it like emitter.spin or something like that or thats not what your talking about?

prozac424242
11-15-2005, 01:19 AM
emitter.spin or any emitter with a .spin is not on the particle engine wiki page,
but i tried it : and it does not work online in an npc.

Anybody else know how to make this apparently undocumented feature work?

btw this is further evidence that the wiki should be better oranized or COMPLETELY documented of EVERY change that is made ... the lack of completeness in its documentation is proving most frustrating to me on many occasions. How else will we know how to learn the updated language, unless we can cross refrence >>everything<< accurately?

Riot
11-15-2005, 03:51 AM
emitter.spin or any emitter with a .spin is not on the particle engine wiki page,
but i tried it : and it does not work online in an npc.

Anybody else know how to make this apparently undocumented feature work?

btw this is further evidence that the wiki should be better oranized or COMPLETELY documented of EVERY change that is made ... the lack of completeness in its documentation is proving most frustrating to me on many occasions. How else will we know how to learn the updated language, unless we can cross refrence >>everything<< accurately?

It is on the Wiki page... but it's for particles not emitters.

TParticle (TGraalVar):
angle - float - the movement angle of the particle (horizontally on the (x,y) plane)
lifetime - float - in seconds, the particle will be destroyed when the lifetime is over
movementvector - string - says in which direction the particles moves, this is a combination of angle and zangle
speed - float - tiles per second
spin - float - automatic rotation of the particle (radiants each second)
zangle - float - the vertical movement angle - says if the particles goes up or down

prozac424242
11-15-2005, 06:54 AM
ah yes, NOW I see it, and I got it to work. thanks Riot..

i read that same paragraph several times but never saw the spin attribute till it was on the forums.
Proving, at least to myself, that the wiki could most certainly be more user friendly. I mean some of the sentenences run on to the right double the width of a normal web page in 1024 resolution.

The old forums (4 or 5 years ago) were very user friendly, there were pictures with the examples for people learning to code, people were happy to give you a chunk of working code to learn from. bringing this sharing of knowledge back to the community can make the game more fun.
Reminder: yes, this is a game, and therefore should be fun.

(/end rant)