PDA

View Full Version : Rocket Propelled Grenade Launcher?

Sulukra
11-11-2005, 11:50 PM
I noticed that Zone has no sort of RPG (Rocket Propelled Grenade) launcher. So I decided to suggest one.

Now BEFORE you say that something as unbalanced as a grenade launcher is needed, I would like to disagree with that. Yes, it would be unbalanced if it had no restrictions. One restriction is that it would be two handed and given only to the slow classes, heavy infantry, marine, etc. Also, the grenades already out are barely used by anyone. Everyone uses pipebombs. So I'm also suggesting this to give some sort of use to grenades. So yes, it would rely on grenade ammunition. The shots would also start extremely slowly at first, then speed up and gain speed, exploding on contact, doing about 30 damage.

STATS:

Damage:Same as Grenade
Shot speed:Slow at first, gain speed
Hitting S does:One grenade, consumes two grenades. Takes about 30 energy.
Hitting D does:3 spread grenades. Takes about 60 energy, to even it out. And consumes 5 grenades.

ALSO. It is required that if you get hit by the grenades, you DO TAKE DAMAGE. The same amount of damange as if you were the person getting shot at. This, if anything, would stop people running up to someone and hitting D to kill them. Suggest away.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 11:57 PM
i thienk its a gd wel thouhgt otu idea. it is a gud balanec of losin ammo fast but wit big results.

SayianOozaru
11-12-2005, 12:34 AM
damn you spelled all but the last few words wrong xD but i was able to make it out ;)

also, sounds like a good idea :)

Shadox
11-12-2005, 12:56 AM
yeah, it seems decent enough that players will use it

SayianOozaru
11-12-2005, 01:30 AM
it'd have to go with the mortar classes though?

Shadox
11-12-2005, 01:32 AM
yeah, it would need to be a slower class, because a speedy class running around with big explosions can be mean to players

Sulukra
11-12-2005, 07:28 AM
I did say slower class. Because then it'd be a bit too good. Re-read the post, its there.

bahamutstevetff
11-12-2005, 08:10 AM
its not a bad idea, i wouldnt use it, but it dosent sound half bad, soundl like a goood way of clearin base lamers.

Huwajux
11-12-2005, 12:49 PM
gd fun 4 al teh familly

haunter
11-12-2005, 04:34 PM
Rocket Propelled Grenades?... Sounds alot like rockets!

Sulukra
11-12-2005, 07:10 PM
Except rocket launchers suck because they can't be launched from places other then friendly bases. Thats why no one uses them.

EDIT FOR HAUNTER: No, its not. The grenade launcher shoots in eight directions (Like normal guns) And also starts out slow and goes faster. Sorta like a gun, except it draws on grenades, does damage to yourself if hit, and starts out slow and gains speed. And explodes on impact.

haunter
11-12-2005, 08:52 PM
Except rocket launchers suck because they can't be launched from places other then friendly bases. Thats why no one uses them.
So a Rocket Propelled Grenade launcher is just a Rocker Launcher that you can use outside of a base?