PDA

View Full Version : Smoke Bomb

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 06:49 AM
How about a smoke bomb that when thrown to the ground creates a cloud of smoke throughout the WHOLE screen. This would do NO damage and last about 8 seconds. This can be used with ANY class and will cost about 10 per bomb. Anyone else like this. (I followed Haunters advice and I though about it and yes I bealive this fits in with zone)

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 06:51 AM
it fits, but how do you describe the screen size? everyone uses differnet views (i use 640x400, others use 800x600 and others also use 1200x900 or something crazy like that) so how do you describe what a full screen is? maybe it could be 16 tiles all around? (or w/e the chaingun distance is)

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 06:53 AM
it fits, but how do you describe the screen size? everyone uses differnet views (i use 640x400, others use 800x600 and others also use 1200x900 or something crazy like that) so how do you describe what a full screen is? maybe it could be 16 tiles all around? (or w/e the chaingun distance is)

hmmm never thought about that. It will be 800x600 I guess.

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:58 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. I think the new particle engine could make this work well. Maybe not the whole screen though, just a certian ammount of tiles/pixels.

Would there be any way to counter-act the smoke screen? Like infra-red goggles something snazzy like that?

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 07:40 AM
Sounds like a cool idea. I think the new particle engine could make this work well. Maybe not the whole screen though, just a certian ammount of tiles/pixels.

Would there be any way to counter-act the smoke screen? Like infra-red goggles something snazzy like that?

Thanks :D. And ya their will be infa-red goggles I guess. When you use those they will obviously shield out the smoke.

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 07:55 AM
like those S.W.A.T goggles when u thorow a smoke bomb in a buliding they wear a like night-vision goggle thing... but i LIKE it

haunter
11-11-2005, 08:00 AM
Thanks :D. And ya their will be infa-red goggles I guess. When you use those they will obviously shield out the smoke.
Instead of shielding out the smoke, perhaps it could just show the people glowing... so you wouldn't see much of the terrain, just bodies under all the smoke... Maybe some other things like the lamps, rockets, bullets or anything else that gives off heat... I wonder if it would even be possible to script this. Hrm.

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 08:01 AM
So far these are stats.

Spread: 800x600
Damage: 0
Price: $10 a bomb
Classes: All
Length: 10 seconds
Creates a smoke screen to hide you and your enemy.

Goggles
Classes: All
Price: $1,000
Creates smoke to be unseen.

haunter
11-11-2005, 08:04 AM
I think 800x600 is a bit extreme.

And like I said before... The goggles shouldn't hide the smoke... It should just make it possible to see the heat signatures of certian things that are beneith the smoke. It would make more sense... They would just be infra-red goggles instead of some sort of magical anti-smoke goggles.

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 09:08 AM
did up a lil' headset...still needs work, just lemme no where ^^

anubis_wing
11-11-2005, 02:11 PM
Ok yeah not the whole screen this will get very annoying especially since the bombs cost literally nothing. You could be fighting someone and then yer whole screen goes black and you can't see anything.

Raeiphon
11-11-2005, 03:16 PM
Sayian, that goggles set reminds me (reminiescently) of a metal bra.

*points to the first sprite*

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah it kinda does look like a bra with little red spots in the middle XD.

haunter
11-11-2005, 05:03 PM
Try making something like this:

http://www.militaryinfrared.com/images/tig_thumb.jpg

There are two lenses on the back for your eyes to look through, but only one on the front... It would help distinguish these goggles from the Mine Detector ones... It would look neat... And it wouldn't look like a bra anymore!

Maybe some sort of accuracy decrease could be thrown in due to the loss of depth perception... Probably not worth the trouble though.

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 05:40 PM
Ok yeah not the whole screen this will get very annoying especially since the bombs cost literally nothing. You could be fighting someone and then yer whole screen goes black and you can't see anything.

Haunter already said that....

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 07:13 PM
I may be wrong but if it covers a large amount of the screen, wouldn't 10 seconds be quite a long time? Sorry to be a party pooper, but somebody could smoke you with loads of the bombs, making the entire screen covered in the stuff. Then the attacker could switch to pipebombs and kill you.
Make a long freezing time, or limit them to only 50, or make them more expensive. :p

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 07:32 PM
I may be wrong but if it covers a large amount of the screen, wouldn't 10 seconds be quite a long time? Sorry to be a party pooper, but somebody could smoke you with loads of the bombs, making the entire screen covered in the stuff. Then the attacker could switch to pipebombs and kill you.
Make a long freezing time, or limit them to only 50, or make them more expensive. :p

The smoke effects both players unless wearing infared goggles which take up 2 slots.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 07:38 PM
The smoke effects both players unless wearing infared goggles which take up 2 slots.
This would still put the thrower at an advantage, seeing as he is prepared for what is to come. He would then blindy throw pipebombs at the opponent, after smoking them (That sounds weird).

Shadox
11-11-2005, 11:01 PM
i like the smoke bomb idea, if its one handed you could really annoy some people with mines in the other hand (muwahahahahaha) but 800x600 seems a little BIG for just one bomb, i agree you need walking space in it, but would the bomb spew out smoke until it reaches that limit? or what

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 11:04 PM
I think it should be alittle smaller.

RykuZ
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I have an idea - maybe you can have heat sensors instead of infrared, because heat sensors make things look much cooler. Infrared would only be like putting red plastic foil over your eyes...
Or maybe since this is supposed to be futuristic you can have infrared contacts or heat sensing contacts, or maybe even eyeball upgrades :O

VulcanP2P
11-11-2005, 11:18 PM
I'd love to see some sort of smoke bomb or something on Zone. I think it should be similar to the gas shells on Era though, it lays some smoke and if you walk through it you can't see at all.

Shadox
11-12-2005, 12:58 AM
yeah, that sounds decent enough, but another idea would be kinda like this
the smoke bomb can be used to hide you as well, so why doesnt it remove you from the radar as well, like jamming the censors to make you "invisible"

haunter
11-12-2005, 03:38 AM
I have an idea - maybe you can have heat sensors instead of infrared, because heat sensors make things look much cooler. Infrared would only be like putting red plastic foil over your eyes...
Or maybe since this is supposed to be futuristic you can have infrared contacts or heat sensing contacts, or maybe even eyeball upgrades :O
Infra-red is heat sensing.

haunter
11-12-2005, 03:39 AM
yeah, that sounds decent enough, but another idea would be kinda like this
the smoke bomb can be used to hide you as well, so why doesnt it remove you from the radar as well, like jamming the censors to make you "invisible"
Too much of an advantage.

Wind_Master
11-12-2005, 04:31 AM
Too much of an advantage.

Yes I agree, since they are only 10$ a pop.

Bl0nkt
11-12-2005, 08:03 AM

That's where the level 3 magical eye spell comes in, silly.

Huwajux
11-12-2005, 12:46 PM
That's where the level 3 magical eye spell comes in, silly.
Don't worry you will be able to blow the smoke away with your magical wind sword! Can't beleive you forgot about that.

bahamutstevetff
11-12-2005, 07:13 PM
lmao, i dont like the idea at all, its just gonan be annoying if u think about it

Wind_Master
11-13-2005, 03:21 AM
Don't worry you will be able to blow the smoke away with your magical wind sword! Can't beleive you forgot about that.

You guys are asses.....

Bl0nkt
11-13-2005, 03:25 AM
Fair comment. :(

SayianOozaru
11-13-2005, 03:25 AM
-_______- stop gangin up on him, OR ELSE >:O

Wind_Master
11-13-2005, 04:04 AM
lol thanks for backin me up. Always pickin on the wannabe black guy.

Huwajux
11-13-2005, 11:46 AM
Always pickin on the wannabe black guy.
O.o

Shadox
11-13-2005, 11:08 PM
lol thanks for backin me up. Always pickin on the wannabe black guy.
the truth spills out!

BrAwLeR
11-15-2005, 01:32 AM
Uhh, yea..... Back on topic! Smoke bomb's are a great idea, also, Shadox's post gave me an idea, how about chaff grenades?. Would allow you to make cool little raids on base 1, un-detected.