PDA

View Full Version : Jet Packs and Buildings

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 06:32 AM
Ok, i guess were going to need the ability to use Jet packs inside buildings back, because now all the people are doing are putting proxi's inside a building, and anyone who goes in dies, because they can't fly over them anymore -_-

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:35 AM
Ok, i guess were going to need the ability to use Jet packs inside buildings back, because now all the people are doing are putting proxi's inside a building, and anyone who goes in dies, because they can't fly over them anymore -_-Hrm... Isn't there a way to destroy mines from a distance? (Throwing a grenade, shooting them) or a way to disarm them?

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 06:47 AM
not if you walk in a building , and there at the place you start the 'level' at

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:56 AM
Is there some sort of timed explosive you could set in there, and then leave the level?

There should also be a skill that you can use to disarm mines if you detect them.

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 07:23 AM
if someone has laid mines at the door of a building, its impossible to get by them without a JP.

haunter
11-11-2005, 07:32 AM
if someone has laid mines at the door of a building, its impossible to get by them without a JP. Maybe the addition of some new items/skills would help solve that problem. That's what I'm trying to say.

Wind_Master
11-11-2005, 07:41 AM
Maybe the addition of some new items/skills would help solve that problem. That's what I'm trying to say.

Ya. Maybe like if you enter a room with mines in the doorway it will say "Mines are about to blow in 3...2...1" by that time you should be able to escape.

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 07:53 AM
i think sayain's rite using jetpack's in bnker's and stuff. i argee

haunter
11-11-2005, 07:55 AM
Ya. Maybe like if you enter a room with mines in the doorway it will say "Mines are about to blow in 3...2...1" by that time you should be able to escape.
I meant something more like this:

First: Alter the mine scripts so they can't be placed within 2-3 tiles of any door.
Next: Add some skills, and weapons that can be used to get rid of these mines, potentially without harming yourself.

Some ways you could do that:
1) Remote mine. If you leave a remote mine near a proxy mine and blow the remote mine, the proxy mine will blow as well... You shouldn't have to be in the same room as the remote mine to blow it, obviously.

2) Timed mines/bombs: Same as remote mines, except on a timer... Place the charge, then run out of the building... Wait a while until you're sure it's safe, then go back inside.

3) Disarm mine - Standard for most games: A skill that could be used by certian classes. To use it, equip your mine detector goggles, and find a mine... Activate the skill, and click on a mine. Here from here on it's all automatic. You get on your belly and crawl to the mine you chose and a gani will show you trying to disarm the mine... There's a chance (Depending on your EXP or Rank) that you will disarm the mine... Otherwise, if you fail to disarm it there is another chance... Either it says "Failed" and you try again... or it explodes in your face and you die... This 'after failure' chance is random and does not take into account your EXP/Rank. If you do manage to disarm the mine successfully, you get to keep it! YAY!

Raeiphon
11-11-2005, 03:19 PM
Disarmed mines can't be kept - fact of life. You screw something up to stop it, it's permenently screwed.

I like the timed idea, that'd be funny. Specially if you set off a chain of them..

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 04:53 PM
I meant something more like this:

First: Alter the mine scripts so they can't be placed within 2-3 tiles of any door.
Next: Add some skills, and weapons that can be used to get rid of these mines, potentially without harming yourself.

Some ways you could do that:
1) Remote mine. If you leave a remote mine near a proxy mine and blow the remote mine, the proxy mine will blow as well... You shouldn't have to be in the same room as the remote mine to blow it, obviously.

2) Timed mines/bombs: Same as remote mines, except on a timer... Place the charge, then run out of the building... Wait a while until you're sure it's safe, then go back inside.

3) Disarm mine - Standard for most games: A skill that could be used by certian classes. To use it, equip your mine detector goggles, and find a mine... Activate the skill, and click on a mine. Here from here on it's all automatic. You get on your belly and crawl to the mine you chose and a gani will show you trying to disarm the mine... There's a chance (Depending on your EXP or Rank) that you will disarm the mine... Otherwise, if you fail to disarm it there is another chance... Either it says "Failed" and you try again... or it explodes in your face and you die... This 'after failure' chance is random and does not take into account your EXP/Rank. If you do manage to disarm the mine successfully, you get to keep it! YAY!

I like all those ideas especially the disarm mine skill. It would be funny to see your guy get his head blown off :D.

haunter
11-11-2005, 04:57 PM
Disarmed mines can't be kept - fact of life. You screw something up to stop it, it's permenently screwed.

I like the timed idea, that'd be funny. Specially if you set off a chain of them..

If you don't get to keep the mine afterwards then there is no benefit to using the skill over some other method (ie explosives)... All you get is the chance of getting your head blown off.

I dont see how cutting some wires or something like that would permenently screw up the explosives inside. Do you have some sources that support this claim? I'd like to read them if you do.

Either way, in this instance I don't think it would matter... The benefit in gameplay out-weighs the the loss of realism if you ask me.

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 09:42 PM
xD

jkool666
11-11-2005, 10:26 PM
You can just use a mine detector/grenade combo to blow up mines... Also explosive barrels work to. But only a few classes these so every class should at least get a mine detector.

Shadox
11-11-2005, 10:36 PM
i think most people think the same way, jkool that every class seserves a mine detector, but back to the jetpack/building thing, it should NOT be allowed, because people fly inside the walls anyway, but dont move, think about them being able to fly away, after ruining the game for everyone

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 11:37 PM
I think it should be allowed, but there could be something that would block them from going into the walls.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 11:50 PM
You can just use a mine detector/grenade combo to blow up mines... Also explosive barrels work to. But only a few classes these so every class should at least get a mine detector.
Did you read Haunter's ideas? x_x