PDA

View Full Version : Gun :P

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 05:41 AM
Well, i thought of a sort of Gun+Knife thing...this is what it turned out like. Does it look good?

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:02 AM
The blade on the up/down sprites shouldn't curve, it looks strange... It doesn't look sharp and thin like a knife should. (You just rotated the sprite, didn't you? :P)

Why is the knife seperate from the gun on the right? Does it shoot the knife? (Ick, please say no) or is it like a bayonett? Or can you detatch the knife and hold the gun it one hand, and the knife in the other?

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 06:35 AM
i was thinking a shooting knife xD (but you'd have the option of attaching the knife or not) and ya i did rotate them ^^ when i did the above one, it didn't look right :\

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:54 AM
i was thinking a shooting knife xD (but you'd have the option of attaching the knife or not) and ya i did rotate them ^^ when i did the above one, it didn't look right :\
I think it would be cooler as a bayonnet. There's already a crossbow and a throwing knife...

-----------
An idea I had when I first saw the graphic
-----------
I was thinking of something like this (assuming this is a single handed pistol)

Single handed: Goes into your hand (Let's say the S key) with the knife attached... A little button will show next to the gun (S key box) on you gui... if you click this button and the other item slot (D) is empty you detach the knife from the gun and hold it in your other hand (D slot). So now you have a pistol in one hand, and the knife in the other.

Okay, so if you fire the single gun with the knife attached, the gun fires with alot of kick-back. This kick-back causes the knife to jolt upwards quickly, so if you're close enough to a person in addition to shooting them you will cut them with your knife attachment doing a bit of extra damage.

Now... If you have the gun in one hand (S), and the knife (detached) in the other hand (D) this happens: S fires the gun like above (same amount of damage from the bullet) But you don't get the extra close range damage from the knife (because it's not attached). If you want to use the knife for close range damage you have to hit the D button... Using the knife this way does more damage than the knife does when it's attached to the gun. You can't swing the knife when you're firing the gun, due to the kickback.

The dual works the same as the single with the knife attached, but you have two. You obviously can't have the knives and guns seperate when using dual guns. Hitting (S) fires one gun, (D) fires the other... S, or D should not fire both at the same time.

----------------

So yeah, that's just what popped into my head when I saw that. Take it or leave it... Add to it, comment, critique. I think it would be neat, what do you folks think?

As for that up/down knife sprite... try to re-draw it, and post what you come up with. If you're not happy with it I can try to help you out. It looks really good so far, I like it.

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 07:26 AM
it should be used like a bayonet, shooting knife is silly, but it bears esembelence to reapers, im not talking about looks.

haunter
11-11-2005, 07:34 AM
it should be used like a bayonet, shooting knife is silly, but it bears esembelence to reapers, im not talking about looks.
Yeah, I thought about the Reaper thing too... I think I had a way of solving the smiliarity, but I forget what it is now... I think these would be cooler than Reapers anyway... The thought of shooting a bullet out of the tip of a sword is just silly.

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 07:49 AM
Who plays Metal Gear Solid 3? thats what it should be like a gun and a pistol for Close Quarter combat....^^

haunter
11-11-2005, 07:57 AM
Who plays Metal Gear Solid 3? thats what it should be like a gun and a pistol for Close Quarter combat....^^
That makes no sense... A pistol is a gun.

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 08:25 AM
XD! wtf is a boyonet or w/e? O.o

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 04:59 PM
It's those old type of guns where there was a knife attached to the end of the gun to STAB!!!!!!!!! people with it.

haunter
11-11-2005, 05:08 PM
It's those old type of guns where there was a knife attached to the end of the gun to STAB!!!!!!!!! people with it.
A bayonet is not a type of gun. It's the actual blade on the end of the gun... Technically in order for it to be called a bayonet the blade is supposed to be triangular in shape so that the wound does not heal (At least I think it is). It was decided that useing a bayonet in war would be a war crime because they are inhumane (Something in war that's inhumane? NO WAY!). So now they just strap combat knives to the ends of their assault rifles, stab, and twist. It has the same effect.

I just call it a bayonet because it's easier than saying 'the knife on the end of the gun'. ;P

Google is your friend, guys. If you don't know what something is, look it up.

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 05:42 PM
hehe mever knew anyone could write so much about bayonets, but i think bayonets are cool, if u have a knife at the end of a pistil, its makes it 100x more deadly.

haunter
11-11-2005, 06:11 PM
hehe mever knew anyone could write so much about bayonets, but i think bayonets are cool, if u have a knife at the end of a pistil, its makes it 100x more deadly.
There are probably books on bayonets... I know for sure that there are websites... There is a bayonet collector's webring even.

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 06:35 PM
A bayonet is not a type of gun. It's the actual blade on the end of the gun... Technically in order for it to be called a bayonet the blade is supposed to be triangular in shape so that the wound does not heal (At least I think it is). It was decided that useing a bayonet in war would be a war crime because they are inhumane (Something in war that's inhumane? NO WAY!). So now they just strap combat knives to the ends of their assault rifles, stab, and twist. It has the same effect.

I just call it a bayonet because it's easier than saying 'the knife on the end of the gun'. ;P

Google is your friend, guys. If you don't know what something is, look it up.

..Smarty pants!!!

RykuZ
11-11-2005, 08:04 PM
Maybe you could have some sorta electric bayonette thing, which could be like an pistol with a built-in electron... or there could be one that isnt electric that doesnt take up any energy and the electric version that takes up energy, but has a little more damage

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 09:48 PM
x_x Bayonets Are A blade or a Kinfe conetted on a Musket or a rifle during the revolution war.. x_x and they are able to take them off... and britsih used them durring the Revolution war for close quarter combat whe they are close to there emeny x_x and as robert said its to stab ppls when it gets close^^

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 10:44 PM
Stabby Stabby :D