PDA

View Full Version : 1 player/co-op

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 03:00 AM
Alright, i was reading some of the older threads (like pg 19) and found something i, and maybe everyone else forgot about. What ever happened to the 1/co-op player mode for Zone? when i first started Zone(like 7-8 months ago) i heard a rumor about the 1 player/co-op being implemented into Zone, and i was really excited to hear about this. But over the months i think it's slipped everyone's minds. Stefan (or some other staff member) is this still in the making? or was it tossed aside, because it wouldn't work?

Damix2
11-11-2005, 03:09 AM
What the point of 1 player mode on an online game?

haunter
11-11-2005, 03:10 AM
1 player/Co-op missions would be awesome. I'm sure that Stefan wanted to make some. Maybe he's working on them, or maybe he hasn't had the time.

You should ask Stefan what you could do to help get those projects rolling. :)

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 03:20 AM

this way when your tired of being teamed/jumped by the other team, or your laggy, you and a buddy can go do 'missions' until the lag stops, or until you guys want to go back to the main maps. And like i said this was brought up around pg 17-19 maybe 16...not sure all i no is it was posted by Stefan (i believe) awhile ago.

1 player/Co-op missions would be awesome. I'm sure that Stefan wanted to make some. Maybe he's working on them, or maybe he hasn't had the time.

You should ask Stefan what you could do to help get those projects rolling.

ya, i should discuss the issue with him or vulcan next time i see one of them...I don't think i could help the projects get going, unless there was some sort of Tileset (i'm not to good at messing around with tilesets) or some kind of vechile/bad guy/gun, or something like that.

haunter
11-11-2005, 05:06 AM
It's like people doing Maps on GK... It helps them gain EXP/Money/Special 'Mission' items.

haunter
11-11-2005, 05:08 AM
ya, i should discuss the issue with him or vulcan next time i see one of them...I don't think i could help the projects get going, unless there was some sort of Tileset (i'm not to good at messing around with tilesets) or some kind of vechile/bad guy/gun, or something like that.
Normally new projects start with the graphics. Chances are there will be a tileset needed, plus monster/baddy sprites... Those are the basics. Depending on what Stefan wants to do for the first mission you might have to make a vehicle or a new item/gun... Who knows.

Just talk to Stefan about it.

SayianOozaru
11-11-2005, 05:39 AM
will do :) (next time i see him)

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 07:05 AM
Alright, i was reading some of the older threads (like pg 19) and found something i, and maybe everyone else forgot about. What ever happened to the 1/co-op player mode for Zone? when i first started Zone(like 7-8 months ago) i heard a rumor about the 1 player/co-op being implemented into Zone, and i was really excited to hear about this. But over the months i think it's slipped everyone's minds. Stefan (or some other staff member) is this still in the making? or was it tossed aside, because it wouldn't work?
stefan in working on it, he told me so himself.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 07:26 PM
At this moment in time, Stefan is working on it. Yet he is unable to do much due to the high demand for Guild wars and the new CTF. Be patient and it might come sooner than you expect. ;)

Shadox
11-11-2005, 10:47 PM
I hope they add it, that way it isnt just a massive free-for-all (which is fun anyways [CS]) but actually has a decent point to it

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 11:42 PM
I'd like to shoot aliens :D.

SayianOozaru
11-12-2005, 12:35 AM
Shadox, you'd better get ur ass back on Zone >:O

but to stay on topic...

who wouldn't like shootin' aliens? ;)

bahamutstevetff
11-12-2005, 07:50 AM
id love to give ET a cap in the ass

SayianOozaru
11-12-2005, 08:52 AM
XD! well, maybe it could be set up like Halo is? (meaning you choose like;

beginner (for noobs)
easy (for the people that are like soldiers)
normal (for people like vets)
hard (for generals)
elite (for elites)
legendary (for legends)
)

haunter
11-12-2005, 04:36 PM
XD! well, maybe it could be set up like Halo is? (meaning you choose like;

beginner (for noobs)
easy (for the people that are like soldiers)
normal (for people like vets)
hard (for generals)
elite (for elites)
legendary (for legends)
)
Online games usually don't have difficulty settings... For reasons that really should be obvious.

Gambet
11-12-2005, 05:10 PM
I've posted one or two missions already on the forums (look back at my older threads and read about them). I believe it's Stefan's lack of time that he has not been able to create any missions. Currently, Stefan is scripting for both Zone and Era (I won't get into why he's doing nearly everything on Era), so he doesn't have much time on his hands.