PDA

View Full Version : Woops where did the fun go?

Huwajux
11-10-2005, 11:42 PM
In the beginning, Zone was the king server! Now with all these ridiculous ideas popping up about magical gauntlets that shoot energy. I'm afraid we are not really seeing Zone in it's true light.

It was a bountiful and plentyful time, back in the day when trials ruled the server. Yet now over the years Zone has changed. First it was the plasmarifle, I thought to myself "Cool what an awesome weapon!". Then came the bluerifle, I thought "Seems ok." Now with tazebombs, handguns, invisible mines, I think to myself "Whoa, damb..." Where has the originallity gone in Zone ideas?
In the olden days we had energy guns, pipebombs, even guns that shoot green goo! Your 1st impression used to be like "Wow!". Now with all the originality sucked out of people's 2D brains Zone has plummetted flat into the ground. E.G. "There is a bluerifle! Hmm what about this amazing totally original idea of a ... wait for it ... REDRIFLE!" Hmm, don't see it going anywhere do you?
Oh now look, people have strangely not been playing Zone as much! Oh what an idea I have! Let's take away trials tags and give them 80 hp! Oh that will surely bring them back to Zone. *10 minutes later* ...oh. There goes all the players that made Zone so great. Muroku, Death, Isicle, Storm, Riley. The list goes on! Of course those people are only from my point of view.
Cutting to the point, what I'm trying to say is "Where did the grammar, ideas, originality go?". Zone needs to be looked over, thought about and re-done.
To say an overall point "This isn't the golden era of Zone anymore, it's rusted away into the dark ages."

bahamutstevetff
11-10-2005, 11:49 PM
so if we just sapped every single update our of zone it would be better, *thinking*, i wasent around in the olden days, but i do agree bless me.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 12:01 AM
so if we just sapped every single update our of zone it would be better, *thinking*, i wasent around in the olden days, but i do agree bless me.
I never said that. What I am saying is all these bad ideas are just being left to sit there.

anubis_wing
11-11-2005, 04:52 AM
Meh I agree with the trial part. Also the red rifle is unneeded.

MisterMastermind
11-11-2005, 05:50 AM
ok first off you correct my grammar more than ma' english teacher.... second of all i never liked Tazebombs and redrifles so guess what im gonna say..... I so ***ing told you! Lastly... if you think the ideas suck so much... come up with some on your own don't critisize if you haven't given it a try yourself.

Akoalin
11-11-2005, 06:04 AM
If we just restored it to how it was at the time it was released and just improve off of that without new maps and guns then I'de be happy. Also work a little on balancing the guns, not on opinions but LOGIC.

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 07:18 AM
i agree fully with ako, redrifle is an amazing idea...not tazebombs are like stupid, zonewars aint a bad map exept for the speeders, i bet it was so much better in the olden days *sigh*

DrDrizzle
11-11-2005, 08:03 AM
i agree with darkly, but not all of it....... i think trials should be getting there hp back to 100 and i think the trails r allowed to wear guild tags cuz most of the guilds i think is dying like (Hayashi) *sob* and thats all x_x

Raeiphon
11-11-2005, 08:55 AM
If Stefan or Vulcan actually read any of my ideas (there's a damn lot of them, 4 pages worth over 6 topics), and possibly went around to implenting them, zone would be a much better place.

I agree however - originality is wearing down..no stratch that, it's gone in zone. Redrifle made me laugh - its a prime example of desperation to keep the players happy with something to work for.

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 04:44 PM
If Stefan or Vulcan actually read any of my ideas (there's a damn lot of them, 4 pages worth over 6 topics), and possibly went around to implenting them, zone would be a much better place.

I agree however - originality is wearing down..no stratch that, it's gone in zone. Redrifle made me laugh - its a prime example of desperation to keep the players happy with something to work for.

I agree at 100%.

bahamutstevetff
11-11-2005, 05:35 PM
i think zone is dying.

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 06:32 PM
It already has.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 07:16 PM
ok first off you correct my grammar more than ma' english teacher.... second of all i never liked Tazebombs and redrifles so guess what im gonna say..... I so ***ing told you! Lastly... if you think the ideas suck so much... come up with some on your own don't critisize if you haven't given it a try yourself.
I brought the lava gun to Zone, this also gave insperation to another idea. (Not sure if I'm allowed to say it. :frown: )
Frankly, half of these half arsed ideas like the tazebombs and red rifle, were already floating around in my head. I just was smart enough to actually not suggest them.

jkool666
11-11-2005, 10:22 PM
It would be nice to have the original zone back when the only *lame* thing was strafing with pistols. But you do all realize that there wouldn't be to much to do. Only maps would be Iricia, Alpha, and *the original KOTH*. Also heres the list of guns that wouldn't be there: Beam, BluePistol, BlueRifle, Darkpulsar, FlameThrower, Handgun, Kv9, Mech, Plasmarifle, R51, Reapers, RedPistol, RedRifle, Speeder, Stormrifle, Syringe, tazerbombs, mine detector, the *D* attack on knives, and finally jetpack. And I won't mention all the maps and such... But making the server again but editing ALL that really worth it?

Akoalin
11-11-2005, 10:51 PM
So... Zone is bad because Stefan and Vulcan don't aprove of your ideas?

The ONLY problem with the Zone thart was originally released was the overpowered AP Pirces that I loved to use so much ^^ Two hit kill, very hard to dodge ;) but... the Ap Pirces should be a little weaker than they currently are.

Shadox
11-11-2005, 10:55 PM
So... Zone is bad because Stefan and Vulcan don't aprove of your ideas?

The ONLY problem with the Zone thart was originally released was the overpowered AP Pirces that I loved to use so much ^^ Two hit kill, very hard to dodge ;) but... the Ap Pirces should be a little weaker than they currently are.
AP Pirces arent 2 hit kill.....they are much weaker than that, but yes Zone is 6 feet under, and i doubt it will be dug up from its grave, because no new ideas are coming out, example
hairstyles: about 5-6 recolours for one style
guns: dont get me started
clothing: pants are fine, but everything else is just recolours that any four year old can do, id like to see something that only a skilled master of....drawing can do

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 10:55 PM
but... the Ap Pirces should be a little weaker than they currently are.

They are fine the way they are Ako :\ Just learn to dodge :rolleyes:

Robert_H
11-11-2005, 10:57 PM
AP Pirces arent 2 hit kill.....they are much weaker than that

He never said that. He said then they Currently are.

Huwajux
11-11-2005, 11:55 PM
why duz every1 thikn dat i wuz tryin 2 say, oh lets get zone how it wuz at statr, wat im tryin 2 say is dat stefan shud consider revisign teh staats of zone wpns. he shud also nut b pressurissed in2 mkin crap tyhings liek teh RR.

Shadox
11-12-2005, 01:03 AM
why duz every1 thikn dat i wuz tryin 2 say, oh lets get zone how it wuz at statr, wat im tryin 2 say is dat stefan shud consider revisign teh staats of zone wpns. he shud also nut b pressurissed in2 mkin crap tyhings liek teh RR.
Im sorry, but Huwajax please go back to normal english, we understand that you hate this type of talking, but please we get the point....I have no clue what this says

jkool666
11-12-2005, 03:46 AM
You say this because you use appirces. Honestly everyone who disagree's with Ako's post about ApPirces being overpowered take time off using them non stop and use... Kv24. When I quit using ApPirces for about a month thats when I realized that even a noob who hasn't ever used them is a challenge to kill. (Don't use Redpistol, ApRipper, Bluepistol, or G18 since all these are almost equal to ApPirces).

Akoalin
11-12-2005, 04:04 AM
You can hit someone with them without even trying. Drop the spread. :\

AP Pirces arent 2 hit kill.....they are much weaker than that
I said they used to be.

Admins
11-12-2005, 04:24 AM
There were more players recently. The new koth map with the possibility to limit the team count to 2 or 3 teams is quite popular sometimes. Also we are working on new maps, the guild wars map with different classes and new stuff (lava gun, lava cave, more guns, turrets, made for guild fights) and the new ctf (with wallbuilder class).
I have also added several events team commands and made it easier for the events team to give items to event winners.
I can understand that things cannot always be perfect for everyone and not all additions turned out to be killer features, that's part of making an online game.

Raeiphon
11-12-2005, 06:19 AM
You get far less credit than you really deserve Stefan, you've done a great job on zone, and on behalf of all the zone players, we thank you for it :D

CTF sounds awesome - as does guild wars :D Let me know if there's anything I can do to help.

DrDrizzle
11-12-2005, 07:02 AM
setfan i can't wait till all the things you just said get on zone!!!! You've done one hell of a job for Graal and Zone!!!!

Bl0nkt
11-12-2005, 07:54 AM
Does this mean I shouldn't tell anyone about my cool fire tornado idea?

Also, I had a cool gun in mind. It's like the Red Pistols and the Blue Pistols. Here's the twist though...

IT'S GREEN!

bahamutstevetff
11-12-2005, 08:14 AM
Does this mean I shouldn't tell anyone about my cool fire tornado idea?

Also, I had a cool gun in mind. It's like the Red Pistols and the Blue Pistols. Here's the twist though...

IT'S GREEN!

ideas like this one have been suggested like 100000000000000times over, soon zone will look like the land of oz with all the coulors.

Huwajux
11-12-2005, 12:42 PM
ideas like this one have been suggested like 100000000000000times over, soon zone will look like the land of oz with all the coulors.
he is takin teh piss...............

bahamutstevetff
11-12-2005, 07:10 PM
ya i know x.x

Robert_H
11-12-2005, 10:29 PM
You say this because you use appirces. Honestly everyone who disagree's with Ako's post about ApPirces being overpowered take time off using them non stop and use... Kv24. When I quit using ApPirces for about a month thats when I realized that even a noob who hasn't ever used them is a challenge to kill. (Don't use Redpistol, ApRipper, Bluepistol, or G18 since all these are almost equal to ApPirces).

I only use appirces when I get a challenge (I'm not sayain i'm the best or anything). Sometimes I use random weapons.

bahamutstevetff
11-13-2005, 06:02 PM
LRpulsar>all
if u dont like apps get the pulsar out.

Shadox
11-13-2005, 11:11 PM
(I'm not sayain i'm the best or anything

obviously, your Sin, not Sayain

Dreth
11-14-2005, 01:26 AM
dark, your first post was spoken like a true oldbie. I could not agree more.