PDA

View Full Version : Samurai, Declaration of War o.O

Tipps
11-10-2005, 04:03 AM
It seems Damix has declared War on Forest, I did not see this comming :eek:
But I do not think we should take this lightly. We have been enemies with Bella for quite some time now and little action has been done. We cannot let ourselves seem timid. !pissed!

-Ras

Draenin
11-10-2005, 06:49 PM
Y'know... It'd be nicer if these announcements were made by kingdom leaders.

Googi
11-10-2005, 06:55 PM
Yeah, I saw it last night and was like "What the heck?"

Morinya
11-10-2005, 07:04 PM

Yes but how long would that take :rolleyes:

Damix2
11-10-2005, 10:06 PM
I totally don't see a declaration of war anywhere, maybe someone should get their infor right?

Tipps
11-10-2005, 10:19 PM
--
I was one of the First in kingdom to find out, Therefor I posted this to let my leader know. And just out of curiousity what would be nicer about it?

Shogun Ryushi Genji of (Samurai) (Wed Nov 09 20:40:59 2005):
I declared war on a nation not a person. My statement stands.

--
ok Damix, What does that mean?

Damix2
11-10-2005, 10:23 PM
--
I was one of the First in kingdom to find out, Therefor I posted this to let my leader know. And just out of curiousity what would be nicer about it?

Shogun Ryushi Genji of (Samurai) (Wed Nov 09 20:40:59 2005):
I declared war on a nation not a person. My statement stands.

--
ok Damix, What does that mean?

You bring out of character text into here? Are you joking me? Metagamers are allowed into Forest it seems?

Tipps
11-10-2005, 10:30 PM
Huh? out of character? "Shogun Ryushi Gengi of (Samurai)"
Reguardless of IC or OCC anyways, its clear that what you said is you declared war.

Damix2
11-10-2005, 10:35 PM
Huh? out of character? "Shogun Ryushi Gengi of (Samurai)"
Reguardless of IC or OCC anyways, its clear that what you said is you declared war.

Holy crap, this is not a lesson I should have to teach you.

1. Read up on some material before you think you're smart, private messages, mass messages and guild messages are out of character as stated by the implications of the Code of Zurkiba.

2. Just because I told you I have declared war out of character, doesn't mean it has been done in character, your bringing your out of character knowledge into you in character affairs, hence metagaming.

If there was to be a declaration of war, there would be a formal one, in the Samurai forums.

Tipps
11-10-2005, 10:39 PM
Read up on some material before you think your smart

Hmm, I don't see why you are now Ragging on me :\

But When you say something like "I declared war", It gives me the impression that you declared war, Sorry. -_-

Draenin
11-10-2005, 10:50 PM
You bring out of character text into here? Are you joking me? Metagamers are allowed into Forest it seems?Shogun Ryushi Genji of (Samurai) (Wed Nov 09 20:40:59 2005):
I declared war on a nation not a person. My statement stands.Pardon me, but you appeared to be on-tag when making that statement. I dunno if I would consider that being out of character or not.

I understand that the grounds for this alignment are internal on Samurai's part, but I do not understand the nature of why they are the way they are. Some clarification would be great.

Tipps was not metagaming, but the use of PM quotations is not exactly the best way to present tangible evidence of an occurance. :\

Chris
11-10-2005, 10:56 PM
Pardon me, but you appeared to be on-tag when making that statement. I dunno if I would consider that being out of character or not.

I understand that the grounds for this alignment are internal on Samurai's part, but I do not understand the nature of why they are the way they are. Some clarification would be great.

Tipps was not metagaming, but the use of PM quotations is not exactly the best way to present tangible evidence of an occurance. :\
He could have said that off-tag and out of character and some idiot thought it would be funny to copy and paste it once he got on tag.
Yea that's right. It is possible to do that.

Draenin
11-10-2005, 11:01 PM
Regardless of whether or not that is the case, Samurai is still marked as an enemy to Forest, yet there is no explanation given for it at all.

Googi
11-10-2005, 11:11 PM
It's pretty difficult to metagame on the forums.

Draenin
11-10-2005, 11:34 PM
Yeah, really. The forums are essentially a part of Kingdoms anyhow if you're anyone who wants to get somewhere. So I don't condemn the forums as a place for posting up useful information.

StrykerTFFD
11-10-2005, 11:58 PM
Reguardless of who may or may not have been metagaming, what's the explaination for this war? Really can't wait to hear this one.

Waltz5
11-11-2005, 12:31 AM
Reguardless of who may or may not have been metagaming, what's the explaination for this war? Really can't wait to hear this one.
I thought we already established this, there is no war.

Draenin
11-11-2005, 12:39 AM
If there's not a war going on, why are Samurai civilians enemies to Forest and vice-versa?

Morinya
11-11-2005, 01:00 AM
If there is no war than why is Forest enemy of Samurai?
It doesn't make sense to put a kingdom as Enemy if you don't have a reason, and if you do Damix you could atleast tell us why you did it.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2005, 01:06 AM
I thought we already established this, there is no war.

I think Draenin and Mydia basicly summed up my response to this. ;)

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:07 AM
If there is no war than why is Forest enemy of Samurai?
It doesn't make sense to put a kingdom as Enemy if you don't have a reason, and if you do Damix you could atleast tell us why you did it.

Before I answer this, directed at Draenin, read my other posts if you would like your question on how it was out of character.

I repeat that I do not like the current direction that Forest is going. As I have told Draenin this is an internal affair. I have declared no war as of yet. Its very easy to be an enemy of someone but not actively fighting them. People here fail to see this.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2005, 01:08 AM
What 'direction' are you talking about?

I've been in Forest for a pretty good time now, and I'm enjoying the 'direction' it's going, otherwise I'd be fighting against it myself.

I've seen some of the work Draxx has been doing and I like it. So...again...what 'direction' are you talking about?

Draenin
11-11-2005, 01:12 AM
That's something I'm sure a lot of us would like to know.

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:12 AM
I've been in Forest for a pretty good time now, and I'm enjoying the 'direction' it's going, otherwise I'd be fighting against it myself.

Its fairly obvious my advisors and I do not.

I've seen some of the work Draxx has been doing and I like it. So...again...what 'direction' are you talking about?

It is an internal affair. As I have told everyone from your kingdom who asked me. Your 2 leaders can contact me if they wish to discuss more.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2005, 01:15 AM
Um...

Let's see, if BO is any example of where this is going to go:

Step 1)You declare as enemies in attempts to get us to change our ways.

Step 2)We don't change our ways.

Step 3)There's little you can do as evident of BO still existing.

So...what the hell is the point in this again? And what 'direction'? Stop dodging the damn question. I'm beginning to question your reasons everytime you post.

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:19 AM
Um...

Let's see, if BO is any example of where this is going to go:

Step 1)You declare as enemies in attempts to get us to change our ways.

Step 2)We don't change our ways.

Step 3)There's little you can do as evident of BO still existing.

Different situations heed different outcomes.

So...what the hell is the point in this again? And what 'direction'? Stop dodging the damn question. I'm beginning to question your reasons everytime you post.

I've already stated who will get an answer, and that is not you.

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2005, 01:21 AM
Well I'm going to advise Draxx and Lasaria either way to not change what they're already doing...so enjoy. :cool:

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:22 AM
Is that supposed to mean something to me?

StrykerTFFD
11-11-2005, 01:23 AM
Is your dislike for our current 'direction' suppose to mean something to us?

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:25 AM
Obviously no, as I keep saying this is an internal affair right now. I'll be sure to notify the public if things change.

Tipps
11-11-2005, 01:52 AM
So, Again My question is what did you mean by "I declared war on a nation, not a man"
If you have not declared war?

Damix2
11-11-2005, 01:53 AM
If you would like to take something up that I said in a personal message, feel free to forum PM me at anytime.

nullify
11-11-2005, 05:43 AM
Someone attack Forest; that would make the whole 'allied' thing worthwhile.

OasaTor_PK
11-11-2005, 06:03 AM
Attack Forest, they might throw a heart or a hug at you, with Draxx as inactive as he is, its nothing but a woman giving hugs and giving presents.

Draenin
11-11-2005, 06:40 AM
with Draxx as inactive as he is, its nothing but a woman giving hugs and giving presents.I told him to get off his posterior tonight and be more active. Hopefully he'll follow suit. ;)

DraxxTeazok
11-11-2005, 08:03 AM
its not like i vaished, i am online every day and in contact with forest members. i am always aware of whats happeneing. I have just been busy trying to make new graphics for the contest, i for one would like to try to help improve the game. As for marking forest as enemies, of coarse i would like a reason. If you mark me as your enemy without reason, i will attack you regardless of your reversed declaration of war.

I have been nothing but kind to samurai and its people. I approved of your leadership of samurai because i think you will be a fitting king really. The only action i took against you was when you told me you were going to move my houses and then i moved yours, but i actually moved them back together before you marked us as enemies, so i dont see your reasoning being personal. As for the things i have been doing for forest, you are obviously unaware, i have been working to improve forest every day, but i have to start by fixing the island, which requires me to not be on graal while i make changes, seeing as i have dial up. I have heard of problems with my people acting out of character while on tag, which i would not tolerate, but i can't just guess who they are, i need people to report it to me so i can take action. I do miss some things seeing as i cant be on graal all the time and i lag way too much in the bomboria trade house, but i have been working on getting broad band, which will probably happen soon. My point is you cannot expect me to repair a broken kingdom all by myself in a month, i'm making progress, but i really need someone who can help me on development, i asked staff to add a couple people for me but they keep ignoring me, and i will of coarse proceed to bother them about it, as well as adding new items to event off.

Damix if you have a problem with the way i run things, im more then happy to hear you out, i can always use some advice really, but marking me as an enemy will do nothing but cause trouble.

busyrobot
11-11-2005, 05:43 PM
It is an internal affair. As I have told everyone from your kingdom who asked me. Your 2 leaders can contact me if they wish to discuss more.

You've said its an internal affair, but I don't think you understand what that term means....declerations of war on external kingdoms is by definition not internal.

If you are trying to use the game mechanics of the diplomacy system to impact the decision making process of another kingdom, while refusing to take the RP responsibilities and implications of that, then you are in fact metagaming.

If you do something public, such as change the diplomatic war status with another kingdom, you can't use the "its a secret" excuse to avoid explaining the reason for it. Well, you can, but I would hope you would understand that most people will think its a rather dumb thing to do.

Damix2
11-11-2005, 06:28 PM
You've said its an internal affair, but I don't think you understand what that term means....declerations of war on external kingdoms is by definition not internal.

Are you stupid? There has been no declaration of war as of yet.

If you are trying to use the game mechanics of the diplomacy system to impact the decision making process of another kingdom, while refusing to take the RP responsibilities and implications of that, then you are in fact metagaming.

If you read I'm not the one saying thats what I am doing.

If you do something public, such as change the diplomatic war status with another kingdom, you can't use the "its a secret" excuse to avoid explaining the reason for it. Well, you can, but I would hope you would understand that most people will think its a rather dumb thing to do.

How did that turn into the diplomatic war status? I have stated that kingdoms can be enemies, but not actively engaged in a battle.

I will explain to the leader of there kingdom if he/she contacts me. I don't need to explain to every single member of that kingdom or other kingdoms that ask me. It as simple as that.

Draenin
11-11-2005, 07:17 PM
I will explain to the leader of there kingdom if he/she contacts me.It is likely that will be arranged.